The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there no cup competition in English Domestic Rugby

4 posters

Go down

Why is there no cup competition in English Domestic Rugby Empty Why is there no cup competition in English Domestic Rugby

Post by Thedogishungary Tue 01 Feb 2011, 2:11 pm

Its stupid to get rid of it.... i am sure lower league teams want to have a chance to play Leicester

Thedogishungary

Back to top Go down

Why is there no cup competition in English Domestic Rugby Empty Re: Why is there no cup competition in English Domestic Rugby

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 02 Feb 2011, 9:25 am

I agree there should be a cup, The LV cup just doesn’t do anything for me and seems to be a burden to most clubs, a lot of the weaker teams could be eliminated early on with the big boys starting in rnd 3/4 (like the FA Cup) I'd imagine the likes of the Cornish Pirates would love to have a shot at Bath, Wasps etc. would be a good day out for the fans too.

I know the main worry would be safety come scrum time but that’s an IRB issue, personally I'd like to see the hit taken out of the scrum and replaced with both teams coming together and no pushing before the ball is put into the scrum.
thumbsup
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Why is there no cup competition in English Domestic Rugby Empty Re: Why is there no cup competition in English Domestic Rugby

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 02 Feb 2011, 10:47 am

Totally agree, the LV Cup should be used as an opportunity to develop English rugby and not as an Anglo-Welsh hybrid no-one really cares for!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Wed 23 Feb 2011, 9:58 am

To be honest I kind of think we might be best just getting rid of the LV cup and not replacing it at all. There are too many games at the moment. If we had to have a cup then I agree with the OP, a rugby FA cup (RFU Cup?) would be better.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down