The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The regions and how to bring in RGC1404?

+13
doctornickolas
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
Morgannwg
wayne
Stone Motif
LordDowlais
Swperb
thebluesmancometh
Casartelli
Coleman
Kingshu
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The regions and how to bring in RGC1404? - Page 3 Empty The regions and how to bring in RGC1404?

Post by Kingshu Mon 21 Jan 2013 - 10:06

First topic message reminder :

There was a WUM, on here about dropping to 3 regions, but I think it will sort of happen.

I think we agree that Wales should have 4 regions, and to introduce a fifth RGC1404, is unlikley as SRU, FIR, IRFU are unlikley to agree to a 13 team league, SRU and FIR would want a 3rd team before WRU enter a 5th, and its unsure if WRU could support 5 teams.

Therefore I believe that one of the existing regions will be closed or merged to create space for RCG1404.

The question is how best to implyment this change?

There was an article about how RCG1404 see themselves in the Pro 12 within 5 years, personally I think they should start the planning for this move now, intidcate whats going to happen and let people become accustomed to it, instead of just changing one summer, like the WRU are known to do.

For me I think the WRU should plan who the merger/defunt team will be now. If Scarlets/Ospreys merger, start intergrating Scarlets acamady with Ospreys, start planning if games will be between PYS and LS, will there be a relaunch etc etc, let the planning start now.
If a Dragons/Blues merger, same thing.

Personally I think it will be a Dragons Blues merger, what I would like to see though is the running of the region be slowly removed from Cardiff RFC and Newport RFC. Start building a team in RGC 1404 style, have the clubs that will make up this region (including Ponty), get together as in north Wales and agree on new teams relaunch, neutral colours, where games will be played etc etc, then start linking the acamadies, have the new team start playing games in the lower divisions, (acamady and fringe players). Have it all set up and ready so when RGC 1404 join the league, this other team enters at the same time, so Wales will still have 4 regions, but only 2 of the existing regions.

However I feel that the WRU will just one year go, we have revoked the licence of ...... (like the FIR did Aironi), and RCG1404 are getting it? and suffer a backlash.

How do you feel RCG1404 should be introduced?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

The regions and how to bring in RGC1404? - Page 3 Empty Re: The regions and how to bring in RGC1404?

Post by Morgannwg Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 18:23

RRW still going is it?

As I've been made aware here, the WRU compensates the REgions for international call-ups. It's basically, well almost, central contracting. However what they need to do is select a suitable amount of players from all 4! Dragons can contribute more, they just haven't been selected, for a number of years in fact. Also, moving around some players could help. PRydie and Evans was a step forward, as is Rees to the Blues. Prydie and both of Lewis and Jon Evans should also be in the Wales squad.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

The regions and how to bring in RGC1404? - Page 3 Empty Re: The regions and how to bring in RGC1404?

Post by welshy6 Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:04

I believe that each region should follow the Blues and have 2 academies per region, currently North Wales are in the process or may be in the process of something similar with the merger of Yale college and another North east wales college (cannot remember its name) to create a super college which will field a college team similar to RGC's feeder college, Llandrillo.

Also in terms of introducing RGC, from the impression I get is that they will move up each year to a higher standard of competition in wales. Also from when I have been involved with RGC (u16/17's) and from what I heard from Rupert Moon (well what my father heard from Rupert moon and told me) is that RGC has its feet firmly planted on the floor in terms of setting realistic goals for the region and taking it a step at a time. They are also helping increase its profile by holding the u20's matches at Erias park which they fully expect to be sold out, which shows to the WRU that North Wales has the support to create a successful and strong region.

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 21:15

LordDowlais wrote:Wow, what a very weird post, you have contradicted yourself about three or four times with this reply.
Firstly, just because I've proved you wrong, that isn't 'weird'
LordDowlais wrote:Firstly you go on about tele money, right fair enough, how much tele money do the Dragons earn compared with the other regions ? Playing in the Amlin does not generate as much money as playing in the HC, so they share the money out evenly to all the regions, so in an around about way the other three regions are funding the Dragons,
Nonsense. The majority of the money is generated by the tv contract with bbc. Ironically, as the Dragons are in the Amlin the bbc they probably show more of our games as it's on S4C. Plus, if you want to divvy up what little cash the regions are able to earn unfairly on this basis god help North Wales or Valleys Rugby. In any case we get shafted worse by Roger and the boys worse than the other three. So, no contradiction, you were presented with facts and resorted to your default let's have a go at the Dragons.
LordDowlais wrote: secondly the other leagues do not fund all the teams more, they give out the tv rights between the clubs/provinces equally and in England only the teams that provide players to the EPS get more money, in Ireland they have central contracts, the regions did not want this in Wales, I wonder why ?
Because only a moron would want to hand over more control over their best assets to the people who are ruining them, maybe? Also the central contract offer was lies, as evidenced by the PWC report which said the Wru couldn't afford it. Again, you need to do some research.
LordDowlais wrote: say that the WRU does not want to let the regions grow, yet the Scarlets have a shiny new state of the art stadium and the Dragons have built a nice new shiny stand.
Sigh. No thanks at all the the WRU i'm afraid. Why has Tony Brown coughed up 3m of his own dollar to build a stand but won't buy a decent tight head prop, do you think? Take your time now...
LordDowlais wrote: All I am seeing here are big baby's crying for more money, and if you do not get it you will have a tantrum and will not go and watch Wales.
you see what you want to see, that much is clear. How is your Saint Roger shrine? It's not about money, it's about having the right environment to be successful in their own right
LordDowlais wrote: As for your statement about putting their money where their mouth is, this was only because they threatened an already bankrupt WRU with legal action if they could not keep their teams/clubs at the top table, which was one of the biggest issues back then, to many "money men" with to much influence, so I for one am glad to see the WRU taking a no nonsence approach with the regions, at least it show they have some balls.
Absolute tripe. Please show me where the Dragons threatened any legal action. Without these money men your precious Team Wales would be shafted royal. Who do you think pays for these players? Until they start doing their share the WRU can have all the balls they want, they'd soon change their tune if they had to fork out the cash. All the balls they've shown are some proven lies in the Western Fail.

Last edited by Stone Motif on Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 6:23; edited 1 time in total
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 1:47

Cardiff to the English Aviva and Ponty can take our place in the Rabo.
Yes please.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 2:09

doctornickolas wrote:South East
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff
Newport
Monmouthshire

Mainclubs covered = Cardiff, Newport

Total population covered approx. 709,000

South West
Swansea
Neath Port Talbot
carmarthenshire
Pembrokeshire
ceredigion

Main clubs covered = Swansea, neath, Llanelli, Aberavon, Carmarthe Quins, Llandovery

Total Population = 761,000

Valleys and South Powys
Bridgend
RCT
Merthyr
Caerphilly
Torfaen
Blaenau Gwent

Main clubs covered = Bridgend, Pontypridd, Caerphilly, Ebbw Vale, Pontypool, Bedwas, Cross Keys

Total population = 772,000

North - RGC1404
Anglesey
Gwynedd
Conwy
denbighshire
Flintshire
Wrexham
North Powys

Main clubs covered = ???

Total population = 756,000

(polulation figures courtesy of Wikipedia)

This is what I would do with a complete new rebranding.

Every blade of grass in Wales is represented in this model as this is all the counties (unitary authorities) of Wales.

Also each 'region' has a population to cover of similar size.

Every region gets the same funding, no development region. Players play generally for their region of origin if possible. So North Wales would be able to call on the likes of James King, George North, McCusker,maybe Eiffion Roberts etc.

The development league is the league below that (club Premiership) with the clubs to take a much more active part and have closer links to their region.

Below that regional leagues. eg North Wales division1,2,3 etc. with promotion and relegation.

Each year at this level the winners of North, SE, SW and Valleys leagues division 1 will have semi finals and a final for the title of Welsh Amateur Champions.

cuppa zen

?.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3