The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations RGC1404

4 posters

Go down

Congratulations RGC1404 Empty Congratulations RGC1404

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 17 Apr 2017, 3:06 pm

A huge congratulations to RGC1404 who beat Pontypridd in the Cup final on Sunday. A very close match indeed against worthy and many times cup winners Ponty. 6 years ago RGC1404 did not exist, RGC in essence is the 5th Region as they are picked from club rugby sides in North Wales. In 6 years they have achieved levels even the WRU did not expect and they will, I believe, continue to blow away most opposition they play.

The difficult part to swallow is the fact that North Wales rugby was ignored for 100 years +, goodness knows how many players have been ignored who could have played for Wales. Still better late than never I am quite sure there will be many GOGs in the Wales set up very soon and remain at international level like our provincial sides down south.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Congratulations RGC1404 Empty Re: Congratulations RGC1404

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 18 Apr 2017, 6:08 pm

5 Regions would be nice but there isn't much money... Either way it will be good for North Wales to have a pro team. RGC is an opportunity to create a 'real region' if that makes sense.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 18 Apr 2017, 8:43 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:5 Regions would be nice but there isn't much money...  Either way it will be good for North Wales to have a pro team. RGC is an opportunity to create a 'real region' if that makes sense.

The WRU should use RGC to show they're cut from a different cloth than Roger and his ilk and come clean as to their ling term plan for North Wales.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:18 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:5 Regions would be nice but there isn't much money...  Either way it will be good for North Wales to have a pro team. RGC is an opportunity to create a 'real region' if that makes sense.

The WRU should use RGC to show they're cut from a different cloth than Roger and his ilk and come clean as to their ling term plan for North Wales.

I'd wager they haven't even got a short one. Keep pumping money in, see what happens I guess.
Dodger's creation isn't it?

On a wider topic, I reckon what Wales could do with is an investigative journalist or two. Somebody like that Ch4 Dispatches bloke who'll step on toes and upset applecarts.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down