The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

+5
Steel
Ozzy3213
Pal Joey
davidl1061
Kenny
9 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 3 Empty The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The title of the thread says it all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Kenny Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:40 pm

We beat Saints then draw Wigan in the next round Shocked

jeez if we are going to get to wembley we are going to do it the hard way arent we
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:27 am

That's a tough ask isn't it? Is at at home or away?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 23 Apr 2013, 12:59 pm

Home

im hoping that we will be looking to right the wrong of the 6 - 84 tonking of a few weeks ago
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:41 am

Hull KR have completed the signing of Huddersfield Giants winger Luke George on a one-month loan deal.

really good deal imo , he was scoring trys for fun last season
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 30 Apr 2013, 4:19 pm

very poor at the weekend again , the defence all over the place

need to beat Cas on sunday
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 01 May 2013, 12:46 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/4909684/Michael-Dobson-and-Cory-Paterson-are-targets-for-Salford-City-Reds.html
It wouldn't surprise one bit if these 2 players left the club at the end of the season. There does seem to be a lot of RUMOURS going around at the moment about the Robins

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 01 May 2013, 1:04 pm

George

There is a lot of speculation regarding Rovers , it boils down to finding a new owner/investor . Until that is sorted then there will always be people speculating about players leaving .

If Dobson and Paterson do leave then i would expect them to go to a bigger club then Salford , they might have the money but they wont be challenging for trophies for years .

Saints and Warrington have both shown intrest in Dobson and Paterson respectively , so if its not about money/wages i would expect them to choose the bigger club
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 02 May 2013, 3:10 pm

Think there are 11 players out of contract at the end of this season , cant see them all being offered new deals
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 02 May 2013, 3:17 pm

just checked there are 15

KR out of contract list : Mickey Paea, Ryan O'Hara, Con Mika, Lincoln Withers, Graeme Horne, Sam Latus, Keal Carlile, Rich Beaumont, George Griffin, Alex Brown, Chris Heil, Tyla Hepi, Aaron Ollett, Matty Beharrell, Sonny Esslemont

Paea , Latus , Carlile , Griffin , Brown and Heil , Beaumont Beharrell deserve to be retained imo , maybe Mika and Horne
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 02 May 2013, 4:40 pm

Out of that list would like Rovers to keep Paea, Carlile, Heil, Beaumont, Ollett and Beharrell (apaarently Ollett and Beharrell are very good prospects),

Horne possibly for his versatility though his forms been average.

The rest can go. Would like not to sign 8/10 players like last 2 seasons. I would build the team around Eden,Hall (who i can't believe was 18th man on sunday), Carlile/Hodgson.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 02 May 2013, 4:45 pm

Griffin for me has been one of our better players , we have put two years good work into him and i think letting another club get the benfit of that would be daft .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 03 May 2013, 12:59 am

Fair point Kenny.
But he's a Second Rower, not a loose forward
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 03 May 2013, 3:07 pm

yes agree , i would still like to see Hall tried at loose forward personally .

news out of Rovers is they have told Salford Dobson and Paterson are not for sale
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 04 May 2013, 1:39 am

So would I, a spine of Eden, Burns,Dobson, Hodgson/Carlile, Hall would be a fantastic attacking platform.
But it seems to me that Sandercock is not all that keen on Hall, and that's why he keeps putting him on the wing (which is a waste of his talents), or not playing him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 04 May 2013, 2:16 am

What do you guys think of Spandercock? Has he been well received or are there a few question marks over his coaching / selections?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 04 May 2013, 9:24 am

I think he has done well in the overseas players he has brought in ie Paterson McDonnell Mika all of whom raised eyebrows over here as to who they were . Burns i can't really comment on as he hasn't played enough yet .

But his decisions sometimes regarding team selection and tactics have been questionable , i dont think he has badly given what he has been given to work with he has brought a lot of the younger lads in and given them a chance .

Will he be here next season ? Not sure

I think it will depend on if we do get taken over , i think if someone comes in with some money( ala Dr Koukash at Salford ) then i dont he will be a big enough name for them ...but if that doesn't happen then he could see out his contract then who knows .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 05 May 2013, 6:24 pm

Listen to the game on the radio , and we were shocking from what i heard

We gave away the ball , field territory .....everything . No disrespect to Cas but we should be beating them
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 08 May 2013, 2:22 am

Wigan are reportedly intrested in Mickey Paea, who is out of contract at the end of the season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 08 May 2013, 9:41 am

We have signed ex FC player Danny Nicklas from York
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 08 May 2013, 2:37 pm

Kenny wrote:We have signed ex FC player Danny Nicklas from York

The only reason I can think off is that they preparing for Dobson to leave.

Otherwise we are overloaded on Half backs, and he's not going to get in ahead of Burns/Dobson.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 08 May 2013, 3:37 pm

Talking to one of the guys at FC they are furious with Nicklas as they only agreed to let him go without a fee as it was to York who they have the dual registration with .

Dobson is looking at NRL if possible , i have been told Rovers wont stand in his way if that happens but he has told them if it doesn't happen he is happy at KR for as long as we want him .

For me the Nicklas signing is purely back up for now , there are still concerns about Burns discipline keeping him out of a few games here and there .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 May 2013, 10:33 am

All this transfer biz couldn't be happening at a worse time could it? The big Challenge Cup coming up and midway through the season.
I don't know who is to blame - the players or their agents?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 May 2013, 4:01 pm

It is a bit of both , with the anti tampering deadline passed you can't blame playings for trying to sort out their futures but it would make more sense for it to happen at the end of the season .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 14 May 2013, 1:24 pm

Rovers have apparently told Con Mika's agents, that he's free to look for another club, as they won't be offering him another contract.

In the games I've seen and been to, he's okay, Nothing Special gives a lot of pens away, and drops the ball quite a few times, plus with our money problems this is hardly surprising.

Neither was our cup defeat to Wigan, started well before Wigan (and especially Sam Tomkins), took control and stuffed us, oh well always next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 18 May 2013, 10:14 am

Sandercock will be told privately after the Wakefield game if he is staying or going , whether we find out straight away i dont know .

Personally i would give him another year , what do we have to lose ? If things still haven't improved after that then we go into the new faze of Superleague with a new coach
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 19 May 2013, 5:21 pm

Well they put me through it today

We started off ok then just stopped and let Wakey back into the game , but what a second half performance we actually looked like a team . And that was without Paterson , Eden and David Hodgson .

I still am not confident about maintaining our winning streak at the magic weekend though next week . FC have hit some form and looked good v Warrington
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 20 May 2013, 12:29 pm

Worrying rumours surrounding Rovers coaching position. Should we decide not to keep Sandercock, we are apparently looking at Steve McNamara? That would be the same McNamara who when coach of Bradford failed to get them into the play offs, got them to play the worse rugby Bradford fans had seen since the 80's. And hardly impressed in the England position.

Might as well keep Sandercock.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 11:14 am

I really hope we don't go for McNamarra it would be a step backwards imo .

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 10:34 pm

Hull Kingston Rovers have extended their loan agreement with the Huddersfield Giants for the services of Luke George.

The initial one-month period has expired but the new deal means George is available to play in the Magic event at the weekend.

The deal will continue for as long as both clubs want it too , but either can cancel the deal with 24hr notice .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 May 2013, 5:50 pm

My two point plan to win the derby

1 , Stand on Gareth Ellis's foot at every opportunity
2 , Hit Daniel Holdsworth in the head at every opportunity
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 May 2013, 9:20 pm

Squad for this weekend

Hull KR: Salter, Brown, Walker, George, Tuimavave, Cox, Mika, Burns, Horne, Withers, Hall, Paea, D. Hodgson, Lovegrove, Dobson, Welham, Eden, Beaumont, J. Hodgson.

apart from Paterson and Griffin thats about as good as it could be
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 26 May 2013, 1:48 am

Right, I only caught bits of today's game as I was working.
From the bits I saw, I thought we played well, though was disappointed with how we threw the game away, but in those conditions and with the injuries we suffered it was probably to be expected. We didn't look in much trouble till then.

And then we get THAT decision, how Ganson gave it is unbelievable, it wasn't even close to being onside, what's the point of using technology if they can still get it so wrong.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 26 May 2013, 2:37 am

Yeah, I wrote the same thing in the SL thread. Also, the try just before was dubious. Barely any control and short of the line as well.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 28 May 2013, 2:07 am

Kris Welham could miss the rest of the season with his shoulder injury, which requires surgery.

Also Rovers are believed to have offered Mickey Paea a new 2 year contract, but it's believed that Paea (who's contract runs out at the end of the year), would prefer a return to the NRL.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 10:50 am

To say my weekend was ruined by a halfwitted Muppet is an understatement

I honestly feel like writing to the RFL and asking for my money back for the weekend .

Not only did it spoil my weekend but it also caused quite a few arguments in the pubs later between both sets of fans , if i hadn't of been there with the wife and kids i would of ended up lamping this one fc fan who wouldn't go away despite me asking him politely several times .... in the end my wife just said hit him Laugh he then got the message and walked away
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 12:26 pm

I hope it's not true as it could open a whole can of worms and look bad on the club in peoples eyes but Hudgel is thinking of bringing legal proceedings against the RFL and Ganson
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 28 May 2013, 2:20 pm

Kenny wrote:I hope it's not true as it could open a whole can of worms and look bad on the club in peoples eyes but Hudgel is thinking of bringing legal proceedings against the RFL and Ganson

I also hope that this is just a story, it was a couple of bad decision that shouldn't have been given. But the games over, let's move on. Or are clubs going to ho down this route every controversial decision?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 2:51 pm

Thankfully i don't think it will happen as Hudgel seems to of calmed down abit and said he would not be calling for Gansens head .

On different note this is in the Hull Daily Mail today .

HULL KR coach Craig Sandercock is to be offered the chance to stay in charge of the Robins next year following a tough first two seasons at the club.

The Aussie has come under increasing scrutiny in his role in recent weeks, after chairman Neil Hudgell publicly stated a decision on whether to offer him a new deal would be made before the end of the month.

It was a statement which cranked up the pressure on Sandercock, with national media reports even naming Hull-born England boss Steve McNamara as the man in waiting to replace him.

However, Sandercock has received strong support, not only from the terraces, but also in the boardroom at MS3 Craven Park since it was made clear his position was being reviewed.

He has also had a strong response from his team on the field, with one of their best displays of the season bringing a comfortable victory over Wakefield, before losing out to cross-city rivals Hull FC at the Magic Weekend in highly controversial circumstances.

Sandercock has openly spoken of his desire to stay at the club and build on the development of a string of talented young British players, despite having a difficult first two years as a head coach in Super League.

It has seen him have to rebuild a Rovers squad which was dismantled after the years of relying on overseas stars in the Justin Morgan era, with the club choosing not to spend the full salary cap for the first time in Super League.

Sandercock has also been hit with huge injury lists in each season, to the extent that he has not once fielded his strongest first-choice side, something which has also brought support and understanding at the club.

Board member Phil Lowe recently told the Mail he viewed Sandercock as one of the hardest working coaches he had seen, praising his work in developing and blooding youngsters at Super League level.

He said he deserved another year at the club, and pledged to vote in favour of Sandercock when it came to the board making a final decision on his future.

Hitting out at the standard of officiating following Saturday's controversial 22-16 derby loss to Hull, Hudgell admitted in a club statement that Sandercock had recently been 'a coach fighting for a new deal whose livelihood could stand or fall on these decisions'.

Hudgell was not available to follow up on those comments yesterday, but it is thought Rovers have indicated to Sandercock that an offer to extend his deal will be forthcoming.

Hudgell is known to have long admired the former Newcastle Knights assistant's technical abilities as a coach, and despite being disappointed at missing the play-offs last season, and some poor performances this, is sympathetic to the difficulties he has faced.

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 May 2013, 9:03 pm

Rovers were that short of cover due to injury last weekend they even thought about registering Stanley Gene
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 8:48 pm

The squad for Sunday versus the Bulls

Liam Salter

Alex Brown

Adam Walker

Jason Netherton

Evarn Tuimavave

Jordan Cox

Con Mika

Travis Burns

Graeme Horne

Lincoln Withers

Craig Hall

Mickey Paea

David Hodgson

Rhys Lovegrove

Michael Dobson

Sam Latus

Greg Eden

Richard Beaumont

Josh Hodgson
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 01 Jun 2013, 2:17 am

Could really do with a win, as it's soon that we hit the bad part of the fixture list and we need to get some wins and form brfore hand.
Plus my boss is a Bradford fan (who took the urine when we lost ar Odsal), so a role reversal would be good. Very Happy
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:28 pm

It's almost a must win game imo
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:29 pm

Massive win today Yahoo , wish i had been able to go but it didn't sound to bad a display on the radio
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:20 pm

Another big game tonight ( i think they all are from now on )

We have to keep Brough quiet and not let them run at the line as they have looked really good doing that in the last few games .

squad
Hull KR: Salter, Brown, Walker, Netherton, Tuimavave, Cox, Mika, Burns, Horne, Withers, Hall, Paea, Hodgson, Lovegrove, Dobson, Latus, Eden, Beaumont, Hodgson
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:58 pm

Great win Yahoo

But again we take the lead then give it away before another good second half display saves us
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:08 pm

Kenny wrote:Great win Yahoo

But again we take the lead then give it away before another good second half display saves us
It certainly was. I didn't see that win happening.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

Great win, but cost me on my accumulator. @rse!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:54 pm

Neither did i to be honest George .

The pleasing thing for me in the last few games has been Travis Burns has started to have a real influence on the games , we still go to Dobbo alot but Burns is asking for and getting the ball more .

This break for the Exiles game has come at the wrong time for us now .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 08 Jun 2013, 9:21 am

News on Craig Sandercock

Rovers have offered him a contract for next season , with the club having to option of extending it for a further year after that . Sandercock would prefer a 2 year deal up front .

Rovers want to wait to see what happens when the current franchises run out at the end of next season , with RFL looking at changing the structure of the league
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:16 am

Craig Sandercock has signed a new 12 month contract
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next