The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren/Boxnation - Mar 16th line-up announced: Burns, Clev, Groves, Chisora

+10
tunes666
TRUSSMAN66
Boxtthis
spencerclarke
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
JabMachineMK2
davidemore
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
14 posters

Go down

Warren/Boxnation - Mar 16th line-up announced: Burns, Clev, Groves, Chisora Empty Warren/Boxnation - Mar 16th line-up announced: Burns, Clev, Groves, Chisora

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:13 pm

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2013/01/wbn-video-burns-v-vazquezcleverly-v.html?m=1

Aplogies if these are all already known about. Just picked it up on Clev's Twitter feed that he's been confirmed against Krasniqi on the Ricky Burns - Vazquez card.

George Groves will be taking on Mohamed Ali Ndiaye for the Euro strap vacated by JdG.

Chisora lined up against TBC, subject to being licenced (the proper way this time).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Warren/Boxnation - Mar 16th line-up announced: Burns, Clev, Groves, Chisora Empty Re: Warren/Boxnation - Mar 16th line-up announced: Burns, Clev, Groves, Chisora

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

Great little card. Finally Warren returns to putting on a decent card.

Burns pts over Vasquez

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Warren/Boxnation - Mar 16th line-up announced: Burns, Clev, Groves, Chisora Empty Re: Warren/Boxnation - Mar 16th line-up announced: Burns, Clev, Groves, Chisora

Post by davidemore Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:45 pm

This is every ace he has being played, right here.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 3:55 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Great little card. Finally Warren returns to putting on a decent card.

Burns pts over Vasquez

Agreed. Maybe he's realised that spreading his fighters out to try maintain a regular subs channel wasn't working as it just didn't deliver for fans/subscribers and trying to put on one stacked card a month (I know we're not there yet) would be a more profitable decision when filled out with the other good non-domestic and domestic scraps they get (e.g. Hopkins-Cloud the week before and the Garcia-Judah fight).

Think Burns will squeek an SD, hope so, like him - honest good hard-working pro.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 5:10 pm

Don't see what Groves gains here besides potentially getting to say he beat the guy Degale wouldn't face because he vacated the belt.

Will this make him British, Commonwealth and European Champion?

A very nice little collection. Screams "give me a world title shot" although lets face it, he's not going to take on Froch, Ward, Kessler etc and win yet. Think he should defend the European a few times then step up.

I refuse to write any more about Cleverly. Hope he does well.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

Think he's vacated the Brit title as when I checked on Boxrec Kenny Anderson had fought (and beat) Robin Reid for it in December.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 14 Jan 2013, 5:32 pm

Lets hope the card stays together as they've been falling apart slowly in the last couple of years after he's announced them, not his fault i suppose.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Lets hope the card stays together as they've been falling apart slowly in the last couple of years after he's announced them, not his fault i suppose.

GG, nice to see you back!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 14 Jan 2013, 6:45 pm

Impressive card. I'm looking forward to seeing this. I have a lot of time for groves and burns.

As mentioned above its great to see warren finally putting a decent card on again. Let's just hope it's the first of many

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 14 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to this one.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 7:29 pm

CHISORA!!!!!!!!!

Heaven forbid.........Why is his name being announced!!!!

I long for the days when a guy who's been trashed by everyone.... isn't considered a "NAME"..............

The guy is the pits....can't fight and is a sorry piece of slime.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Don't see what Groves gains here besides potentially getting to say he beat the guy Degale wouldn't face because he vacated the belt.
More like why did he not challenge for it while Degale held it?....

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:40 pm

You mean the fighter he's already beaten?

There is little point keep fighting eachother when you've both had less than 20 fights, they have more than eachother to worry about.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:49 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Lets hope the card stays together as they've been falling apart slowly in the last couple of years after he's announced them, not his fault i suppose.

I second that, a lot of the great cards on paper have fallen apart at the last moment. The magnificent seven a few years ago lost a good deal of quality.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:CHISORA!!!!!!!!!

Heaven forbid.........Why is his name being announced!!!!

I long for the days when a guy who's been trashed by everyone.... isn't considered a "NAME"..............

The guy is the pits....can't fight and is a sorry piece of slime.....

Interesting that he is on the card, he must have his license, no way the BBBC will do business with the Luxembourg Federation.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:52 pm

Boxing fan according to Sky today he is going to reapply so either Warren has jumped the gun in announcing him or is confident of it being plain sailing but I do think it is right in saying he is still not licenced in the UK.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:58 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:You mean the fighter he's already beaten?

There is little point keep fighting eachother when you've both had less than 20 fights, they have more than eachother to worry about.

When he "beat" him (note the quotations) he was not the Euro champ, he obviously wanted the Euro belt so why not "beat" him again?
Degale defended it three times, he drops it and Groves all of a sudden wants it?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:13 am

I don't think there's any suggestion of Groves 'suddenly being keen' to get his hands on the 'prestigious' Euro belt. He's just taking a fight that keeps him active, at a decent level, with a nice trinket to go with it. Doubt he'll even defend it more than once as his sights are set higher than this.

Oh, and no need for the quotation marks, we can all get on boxrec so know the result was a 'W' for Groves. 2-0.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:36 pm

Great card,

Am i right in thinking this is in London?

Persoanlly I think Boxnation is good. Some months are quite but overall form a years subscribtion it's good value IMO.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down