The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divisional Round Weekend Discussion Thread!

+16
adams_legend
JmD
BamBam
sodhat
cherriesfna
crazy_dave23
Pr4wn
Colan (niner)
RDuncan8
GSC
Skyforger
twelve283
mikeygnfl
thunder and lightning
Derbyblue
Good Golly I'm Olly
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Divisional Round Weekend Discussion Thread! Empty Divisional Round Weekend Discussion Thread!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:02 pm

So the wildcard weekend was quite frankly crap, but the divisional shapes up to be a little humdinger!

Firstly we have the two AFC games with the same 4 teams returning to this stage as did in 2011/12!

Baltimore travel to Denver in what I think could be a potential banana skin for the Denver. Everything points towards a Denver win quite easily, but I quite fancy Baltimore to make this a close contest and actually nick the game. Look for Ray Rice to bounce back with a big game.

The Texans travel to Foxboro to take on the Patriots in what promises to be a very tense matchup. I am obviously as a New England fan gonna pick my Pats, but I think Houston could put up a good fight in this game! All depends on if Matt Schaub can find any sort of form, if he can they have a legit shot, if he plays like he did against Cincy then Houston are heading home in my opinion.

Then the NFC which has the better of the matchups I think!

Seattle travel to Atlanta in a real close matchup! I like the Falcons to take this one, not because they are infinately better, because I think both teams are quite even teams, but purely because in my opinion this is a game Atlanta just HAS to win. If they lose the media will be so smug, I will find it funny! But on a serious note this is one Atlanta has to have, and with the homefield advantage I fancy them to just edge it

In the matchup of the week Green Bay travel to Candlestick to take on San Francisco in a game which should make you fall in love with football all over again. Key to the matchup for me is whether Green Bay can protect Aaron Rodgers. If they can I can't see the Niners hanging with Green Bay's offence. And on that note it is paramount that San Fran get Justin Smith back. Aldon Smith has looked lost without him, and if he isn't back I like Green Bay's chances of protecting Rodgers
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Divisional Round Weekend Discussion Thread! Empty Re: Divisional Round Weekend Discussion Thread!

Post by Derbyblue Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:20 pm

Olly wrote:this is a game Atlanta just HAS to win.
Yes please do for the sake of my enjoyment of this forum.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Divisional Round Weekend Discussion Thread! Empty Re: Divisional Round Weekend Discussion Thread!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:23 pm

Derbyblue wrote:
Olly wrote:this is a game Atlanta just HAS to win.
Yes please do for the sake of my enjoyment of this forum.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

I don't mind either way. I'd like to see how Roddy White's reaction on twitter if Atlanta lost, and Cherries reaction on here is Seattle lose. Win win for me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:46 pm

If the Seahawks lose we won't see Cherries on this section until the draft
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:53 pm

Olly wrote:
In the matchup of the week Green Bay travel to Candlestick to take on San Francisco in a game which should make you fall in love with football all over again. Key to the matchup for me is whether Green Bay can protect Aaron Rodgers. If they can I can't see the Niners hanging with Green Bay's offence. And on that note it is paramount that San Fran get Justin Smith back. Aldon Smith has looked lost without him, and if he isn't back I like Green Bay's chances of protecting Rodgers

Really looking forward to this one, reports suggest Smith will suit up, how healthy he is we'll have to see, even without Smith I think Rodgers has a hard time staying upright. Look for a big game from Crabtree, quietly had a very good season and has good chemistry with Kapernick, I really fancy the 49ers to take this one.

On the others, I think Denver win quite convincingly against the Ravens, same with the Pats over the Texans, and I see the Seahawks pulling an upset (if it even is with the streak they are on) and taking out the Falcons in a tight game that goes to overtime, Matty Ice once again proving he can't get it done when it counts.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:56 pm

Apparently Peyton Manning is 0-3 in the playoffs in cold weather and it looks like it is going to be freezing in Denver this weekend. In those three games he threw one touchdown and seven inceptions.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:59 pm

He is also 1-3 coming off a bye week I read somewhere. Little things like that always influence me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

After going 4/4 last week:

Gotta go for Denver over the Ravens, Denver is a complete team, while the Ravens D is too old/injured to carry them.

I'm going to reverse field though and go for Houston to win a shocker in NE though. Yep, the Patriots obliterating a rival in the reg season then going 1 and done to them in the postseason. Sounds kinda familiar. The Texans can run the ball, and play defense, and I've got an inkling they can get Brady off his spot.

Gotta take the Packers over 49ers, Justin Smith will play, but at less than 100%, and if he can't dominate Aldon Smith struggles to impact games and the 49ers struggle to stop aerial attacks. I don't trust Kaepernick.

Falcons over Seahawks for me, without Clemons the Seahawks will struggle. Jones vs Browner is a mismatch, and the Seahawks will have to cover Irvin, as he a massive liability vs the run

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

Peyton also was carrying the Colts quite a few times. This Denver team can run the ball and play D
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm

GSC wrote:Peyton also was carrying the Colts quite a few times. This Denver team can run the ball and play D

Oh yeah they can. But I just fancy Baltimore, gut feeling.

Knowshon Moreno is due a fumble or two right Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm

To be honest this week I have gone with gut over any real reasoning. The matchups are all so close on paper imo, that I found it quite difficult to choose.

As a Patriots fan I worry about the Texans game purely for the reason GSC stated. That Jets experience in 2010 is fresh in the memory. But I do quite fancy our run D against there run, but Daniels I think is in for a big game because our LB's suck against the pass
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:41 pm

Rodgers returning to the area he is from, playing the team he supported when he grew up who passed on him in the draft.

Gotta have a chip on his shoulder
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat 12 Jan 2013, 8:25 pm

In my comp the Broncos lead 12-2 in peoples predictions and the Packers 10-4.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

So so so gutted I am gonna miss the 49ers-Packers game!!!!

I'll be on the box for Baltimore-Denver if any of you kind fellows wish to join moi
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm

GSC wrote:After going 4/4 last week:

Gotta go for Denver over the Ravens, Denver is a complete team, while the Ravens D is too old/injured to carry them. Denver should be too strong for the Ravens.

I'm going to reverse field though and go for Houston to win a shocker in NE though. Yep, the Patriots obliterating a rival in the reg season then going 1 and done to them in the postseason. Sounds kinda familiar. The Texans can run the ball, and play defense, and I've got an inkling they can get Brady off his spot. Nah Wink Very Happy

Gotta take the Packers over 49ers, Justin Smith will play, but at less than 100%, and if he can't dominate Aldon Smith struggles to impact games and the 49ers struggle to stop aerial attacks. I don't trust Kaepernick. I wouldn't say the 9ers defense "struggle" in any area but if they want to win they can't come out flat like they did against the Seahawks.

Falcons over Seahawks for me, without Clemons the Seahawks will struggle. Jones vs Browner is a mismatch, and the Seahawks will have to cover Irvin, as he a massive liability vs the run. Would not be surprised to see the Seahawks win this one TBH.

Fair play you called the Colts/Ravens game last week, didn't watch it all but the Colts seemed to put up a fight untill the Ravens started to abuse Cassius Vaughn with Anquan Boldin.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:08 pm

They put up a fight but the Ravens always had an air of control.

Given how badly my accu failed I'm not infallible lol
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:16 pm

Here are some head-to-head stats for this weeks games:-

Denver Broncos vs Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens lead the Broncos 6-4 in head-to-heads including a playoff win on New Years Eve in 2000.

In those 10 games the average scores work out as Broncos 17-23 Ravens

New England Patriots vs Houston Texans
The Patriots have meet the Texans only four times but lead them 3-1 games.

The average scores for those games are Patriots 33-19.

San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers
The Packers lead the 49ers 34-27 in head-to-head and one tie. In playoff games only the Packers lead 4-1.

In their 10 previous encounters, the Packers lead 8-2 with the 49ers winning the previous meeting back in September.

Over them last 10 games the average scores work out as Packers 26-19 49ers.

Atlanta Falcons vs Seattle Seahawks
The Seahawks lead the Falcons 8-5 in head-to-heads.

In their last 10 games against each other, they are tied 5-5 though. The average scores in those games are Falcons 26-26 Seahawks (Falcons 25.6-25.7 Seahawks).
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

Encouraging signs for Baltimore on that drive.

As I type that Denver returns the punt for a TD!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:44 pm

Real poor special teams by Baltimore
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

Flacco with all sorts of time throws a deep bomb to Torrey Smith for a TD and the Divisional round is already better than Wildcard weekend!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:54 pm

Oooo nice start by Peyton...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

Not really sure what Peyton could do about that. PI and a drop
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:17 pm

Great 1st quarter!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:30 pm

Smith is deep everytime past Bailey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

Its not a secret. Everytime I watch Flacco he seems to spend most of the time bombing to Smith
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

Olly wrote:Smith is deep everytime past Bailey
Doesn't stop Flacco overthrowing him.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

Pretty worrying for the rest of the NFL when a Peyton Manning QBed teams can pick up short yardage on the ground vs the Ravens
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:00 pm

Broncos to receive in the 2nd. Flacco might not next throw a pass in anger until hes 21 points down
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:02 pm

Ravens badly needed that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:06 pm

Might be an idea to leave help over the top on Smith.

Min 10 point swing
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:06 pm

More like Chump Bailey...

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:07 pm

Bailey is getting done by Smith every single time. Denver gonna have to fix this at the half.

Ruins there defensive scheme because they are gonna have to go Bailey safety help, which they usually don't give him. Gonna be interesting to see how they adjust
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:09 pm

Somehow Baltimore go in 21-21 after looking like going in 28-14
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:23 pm

Doesn't stay 21-21 for long...

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm

Fun fact, Trindon Holliday is 16-0 this season apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm

Ravens special teams picard
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:32 pm

My main worry with the 49ers D, is Justin Smith goes out the game and suddenly Brady gets all kinds of time. Aldon Smith has been a non factor without his namesake clearing house. 49ers have a good secondary but if they dont get to Rodgers then its goodnight
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:33 pm

Offsides killing the Denver D
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

Denvers D would have more success if they had 11 men on the field and lined up on the right side I feel
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

And just like that the Ravens shoot themselves in the foot
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:35 pm

Will Denver let them off the hook twice
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:36 pm

No chance
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:39 pm

That's a BS call
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

Evens it up somewhat
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:45 pm

The longest 6 yard drive ever
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:46 pm

And Denver let them off the hook again!

Refs have completely taken sting out of the game with the prolonged natter in the middle of the field
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:47 pm

The extended breaks arent helping Peyton stay warm I suspect so ravens should inspire a few more
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Jan 2013, 12:03 am

Thatll be tuck ruled I suspect
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sun 13 Jan 2013, 12:13 am

BS refs. How is that not tuck rule? Joke.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Jan 2013, 12:19 am

Tuck rule is reserved for Tom Brady only Whistle

Denver still hasnt put Baltimore to bed! Should be out of sight by now!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next