The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferocious Fernando is back

4 posters

Go down

Ferocious Fernando is back Empty Ferocious Fernando is back

Post by socal1976 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 9:32 am

It was really nice to see one of the fan's favorites and my personal favorites Fernando Gonzalez play another match. The man has got the game and the flair to make the tour more interesting. I hope he can regain the past form that saw him reach top ten status. He looked a little heavy and rusty in his match up against Klizan. Klizan was acting like psychopath throwing his racquet around every other point, he was behaving really disgracefully. And gonzo missed a few shots that he would never miss. But by the end of the match the remarkable forehand of his was looking more and more up to snuff. Just have to love a guy who hits the ball with every cell in his body almost every shot. The belgrade open actually has a pretty good field for an ATP 250.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Ferocious Fernando is back Empty Re: Ferocious Fernando is back

Post by sportslover Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:08 am

Gonzo has achieved a lot in his career including Olympic Bronze & Silver Medals as well as reaching a Slam final.

He is entertaining to watch and clay seems to be his favourite surface.

Now in his 30th year there may not be many left for him to make it back into the top tier but let's hope he can remain fit 8)

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 11:45 am

Yes, sportslover, I think he still has a few more thrills left to give. He had that one great run at the Australian open where he blitzed Nadal and everyone in his way till federer got a hold of him in the final. Hopefully, he can get back into the mix and making back into the top 20. Maybe have a melzer type rebirth.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:21 pm

He plays Feli Lopez next though ... :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:36 pm

Ferocious Fernando is back 479796 Ferocious Fernando is back 479796 Ferocious Fernando is back 479796 Ferocious Fernando is back 479796

OOOOH Whacko my gorgeous Forehando Fernando... wow do I like watching that man... a bundle of dynamite.. and a temperament to boot.. hope he has plenty of rackets in his bag... a match between him and Hairnando would be sublime.. a battle of the forehands.
IK do hope keeps fit now.. welcome back Forehando Ferocious Fernando is back 291114 Ferocious Fernando is back 769663

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:26 pm

Feli Lopez and Fernando the battle of the long haired hearthrobs. Should be a good matchup. Who do you guys like making it through? Eventhough Fernando is 3-0 and Feli is not a clay courter, I am taking Feli because he has more matchplay.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:35 pm

Oh socal what a question... long-legged Feli v Speedy Gonzalez now there is choice....I like Feli though sometimes I find him enormously frustrating capable of some sublime tennis when he is in the mood.. otherwise he can be so erratic. But forehando.. he is an entertainer .. lets be fair when he is in full throttle he can beat anyone.. that forehand is something to behold .. his temperament is so firey he is his own worst enemy.. and I lose count of the rackets he demolishes.
The jury is out for this one.. though I would think form should be in Feli´s favour but hey vamos boys Ferocious Fernando is back 769663

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:44 pm

Yes, tough to pick them, I hope Fernando goes through; although feli is fun to watch as well. Just like you I am thinking that Feli has had more match play and that Fernando will be a bit rusty. Did you see his match last night? His opponent was just awful, not just a poor player but really bad antics. Klizan, was just all over the place but fernando was too much of a veteran to lose focus.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down