The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

+69
rodders
Rugby Fan
quinsforever
BigTrevsbigmac
kingjohn7
butterfingers
Knowsit17
flyhalffactory
wales606
lostinwales
VietGwentRevisited
whocares
funnyExiledScot
Mickado
St John The Enforcer
Beard from Tad Cymru
tecphobe
MarcusHalberstram
TJ
The Boss
Golden
LeinsterFan4life
asoreleftshoulder
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Taffineastbourne
thebandwagonsociety
yappysnap
Steffan
tatterd
Cari
mrzimmerman
George Carlin
dragon999
Comfort
GLove39
Luckless Pedestrian
Seagultaf
dragon4life
theskippingpig
Jhamer25
GavinDragon
international197
The Saint
doctornickolas
mikey_philVIII
Liam
Artful_Dodger
Newsilure
Jenifer McLadyboy
bedfordwelsh
BlueNote
Effervescing Elephant
Morgannwg
hookernumber2
Notch
VinceWLB
toml
XR
Scrumdown
Cardiff Dave
pioden gorllewin
maestegmafia
thebluesmancometh
LordDowlais
Kingshu
glamorganalun
youngguns6
Coleman
ScarletSpiderman
73 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff) - Page 4 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Keeping organised the ins and outs at the Blues leading into next season.

New Signing
Paetru Tamba (during the season)
Filo Paulo - North Harbour (confirmed)
Matthew Rees (confirmed)
Liam Davies (confirmed - until end of season)
Gethin Jenkins (confirmed)
Miles Normandale (confirmed)
Rhys Gill - Saracens (rumoured) Unlikely
Craig Mitchell - Exeter (rumoured) Unlikely
Adam Warren - Scarlets (rumoured)
Dan Lydiate - Dragons (mentioned) (rumoured)
Scott Williams - Scarlets (rumoured)
James Hook (rumoured - again)
Rodney So’oialo - Honda Heat (rumoured)
Aled Summerhill - Blues Academy
Ben Roach - Blues Academy
Ellis Jenkins - Blues Academy
Tom Pascoe - Blues Academy
Will Thomas - Blues Academy

Departures (all confirmed)
Jamie Roberts - Racing Metro
Ceri Sweeney - Exeter Chiefs
Tom James - Exeter Chiefs
Michael Paterson - Sale Sharks
Jason Tovey - Newport Gwent Dragons
Campese Ma'afu - Nottingham
Ryan Harford - Cardiff RFC
Nathan Trevett - London Welsh
Matthew Screech - Newport Gwent Dragons
Darren Harries - Scarlets
Jake Cooper Wooley - London Wasps
Cory Hill - Cornish Pirates
Petru Tamba - Unattached
Andi Kyriacou - Retired
Xavier Rush

Re-Signings
Alex Cuthbert (3 years)
Scott Andrews (2 years)
Josh Navidi (3 year)
James Down (unknown)
Andreus Pretorious (can't find the article...)
Marc Breeze (unknown)
Lewis Jones (unknown)
Lloyd Williams (3 years)
Tom Williams (3 years)
Rhys Patchell (3 years)
Sam Hobbs (?3 years?)
Rhys Williams (?3 years?)
Tom Davies (?3 years?)
Richard Smith (2 years)

Last edited by wales606 on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 5:35 pm; edited 52 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

Post by wales606 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

You forgot the fantastic Campese Ma'fu

Bourrust will also still be about I guess, and Kyricau too probably - although I think only Bourrust will get much gametime
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

Post by XR Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:33 pm

ah yeah ma'afu will probably be jettisoned too. Forgot about Bourrust, yeah i'd like to keep him on board too, good lad

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:55 pm

Well whatever the NWQ situation will be, if financially possible I hope we use the full quota and continue to recruit wisely.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 6:56 pm

Blues supporters club twitter "wonder when our new centre signing will be announced"

I'm going for a 70% chance it is Williams
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 05 Mar 2013, 7:06 pm

Could be Gareth Maule.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 7:09 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Could be Gareth Maule.

I would be very surprised if it is an out and out 13 like Maule. Williams is a 12/13 so would make more sense with Gavin Evans the coaches favourite and Allen and O.Williams playing most of their rugby at 13.

Roberts and Hewitt are our only 12 this season - with Evans and Richard Smith covering. Without Roberts, I guess we will look to use his wages to bring in some much needed centre quality to help Patchell out in midfield
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

He can play 12 aswell. He should arguably be at 12 for Scarlets for being able to pass and able to stay on his feet and offload.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Mar 2013, 10:55 am

wales606 wrote:Blues supporters club twitter "wonder when our new centre signing will be announced"

On Scarlet Fever there are manic mutterings of North shifting to the mystic East to Sarries, but nowt about Scott Williams.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:54 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:Blues supporters club twitter "wonder when our new centre signing will be announced"

On Scarlet Fever there are manic mutterings of North shifting to the mystic East to Sarries, but nowt about Scott Williams.

Talked to a Sarries fan that is apparently all the sort of poop that comes out of a male cow. The fact that I have heard no rumours or gossip about Scott leaving, but have heard about Warren, Reynolds and Maule is a bit worrying. The Scarlet Fever rumour mill is about as accurate as the Western Fail. That said I would have thought the Fail, or something would have picked up on a snippit if Williams were on the move.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:15 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Talked to a Sarries fan that is apparently all the sort of poop that comes out of a male cow. The fact that I have heard no rumours or gossip about Scott leaving, but have heard about Warren, Reynolds and Maule is a bit worrying. The Scarlet Fever rumour mill is about as accurate as the Western Fail. That said I would have thought the Fail, or something would have picked up on a snippit if Williams were on the move.

With Shingler returning, no doubt someone will be off
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:21 pm

shingler was signed as a utility back, rather than a replacement for anyone. i heard blues have spoken to scott williams and adam warren, whether they decide to sign for them i'm not too sure. although all 9's i are still in contract ( i think), I believe that Easterby will consider allowing one to move, so he can strengthen the squad elsewhere. talk of cawdor or tav possibly moving to the blues.

pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 4:48 pm

Phil Davies did state the Blues were looking for a new SH

Is Cawdor Gareth Davies?

I would rather Davies
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

Yeap Gareth Davies. His fathers car company is called cawdor.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Mar 2013, 6:25 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Just like any other rumour mill I guess.
I stopped reading the Fail on a regular basis many moons ago for reasons obvious to me.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Mar 2013, 9:42 pm

wales606 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
wales606 wrote:Scott Williams to the Blues?

Where did you hear that one? I have heard of a few of our centres leaving, but I must be honest Scott is the only one I haven't heard talk of leaving (well and Foxy but he only just re-signed).

Blues forums, seems possible perhaps part of the Warren rumour

Scarlet Fever, the Os own forum and even Dragged Up are more populated than any Bloos forum.
Even Ponty have a more energetic message board than Cardiff Blues.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Where did you hear that one? I have heard of a few of our centres leaving, but I must be honest Scott is the only one I haven't heard talk of leaving (well and Foxy but he only just re-signed).

Scarlet Fever, the Os own forum and even Dragged Up are more populated than any Bloos forum.

Yep, and hence the rumours tend to be from people closer to the club and are normally accurate (bar signings that fall through0
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:53 pm

wales606 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Yep, and hence the rumours tend to be from people closer to the club and are normally accurate (bar signings that fall through0

Rumours aside and unless i'm mistaken the sad fact is that Cardiff Blues don't have a busy supporters forum, anywhere.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:39 am

That's why i use this forum ^_^

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:57 am

Problem is with running a fan site is usually funding - is there anyone willing to stump up the cash and have the time to run a forum?

The Blues wouldn't have an official one as it would mean employing people to regulate it.

Cardiff Blues supporters club could do one but then again it's down to costs - do the blues pay for it or is it out of their pocket?

A dedicated forum for blues fans like the other regions (Not ponty's, there's is an ancient version) would be good and if someone was willing to pay for the VB licence, the web space and also have the time to run it, great. But for now it's http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/list/s170.htm for me

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm

gcBlues wrote:Problem is with running a fan site is usually funding - is there anyone willing to stump up the cash and have the time to run a forum?

The Blues wouldn't have an official one as it would mean employing people to regulate it.

Cardiff Blues supporters club could do one but then again it's down to costs - do the blues pay for it or is it out of their pocket?

A dedicated forum for blues fans like the other regions (Not ponty's, there's is an ancient version) would be good and if someone was willing to pay for the VB licence, the web space and also have the time to run it, great. But for now it's http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/list/s170.htm for me

Funding aint the problem.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:24 am

Chiefs have announced the signing of Ceri Sweeney. One year contract. Thoughts?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:59 am

It was about time for him to leave, with Patchell pinned on as the 10 of the present and future Ceri would have only been seeing less and less game time. Would be nice to see a more experienced FH come in who could mentor Patch and cover for him during the international windows in the future. We still have Tovey of course, but he is also still inexperienced and I don’t think he will be with us for a very long time.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:29 am

I was kind of expecting Sweeney to go back to Ponty, but it is good he had found another club to share some of his experience with.

I doubt we will bring in someone else - he will rely on Patchell, Tovey and G.Davies - although if Patchell gets called up and with Tovey's injury record we could need cover
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:36 am

I like G.Davies, but I think he was introduced too late to regional rugby to ever be a solid regional Flyhalf. When he's played for us he’s been a bit of a yoyo, good one game poor the next. Although his games were few and far between. Be nice to see a bit more of James Thomas who is playing for Cardiff. He's young but has been around the block a bit.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Mon 11 Mar 2013, 8:08 am

Weekends Rugby Paper reporting that Clermont looking to buy Halfpenny out of his contract with the Blues.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 8:10 am

pioden gorllewin wrote:Weekends Rugby Paper reporting that Clermont looking to buy Halfpenny out of his contract with the Blues.

They've already got Byrne! And Parra to do their kicking Shocked
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 6:00 pm

Filo Paulo is due to make his debut on Saturday
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:31 pm

Is it wrong that he is the signing that i'm the most excited about over the past couple of seasons? He looks to be a really big physical lad!

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

Coleman wrote:Is it wrong that he is the signing that i'm the most excited about over the past couple of seasons? He looks to be a really big physical lad!

He looks to be a good signing, but we will have to wait and see. The only good signings we have made recently are Copeland and probably Tovey
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 4:11 pm

Cuthbert is out injured for 4 weeks

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/6310.php

Great Rolling Eyes

I don't think we have any wingers left? Czekaj and James have been struggling with injured for months now, and with Mustoe's retirement and Cuthberts injury, Robinson is all that is left.

That mean O.Williams will continue to be selected out of position Doh
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 20 Mar 2013, 5:40 pm

We really need all of our Wales stars is we're going to capitolise on this Judgement Day event. I like that the Blues used the Sam v Justin thing to promote it. Could really have done with Alex on the card aswell.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

Coleman wrote:We really need all of our Wales stars is we're going to capitolise on this Judgement Day event. I like that the Blues used the Sam v Justin thing to promote it. Could really have done with Alex on the card aswell.

We could have had Alex vs whatever scrum half the Ospreys decide to play on the wing Sad
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 20 Mar 2013, 7:35 pm

And he would have looked good vs what ever SH the O's have on the wing. Still excited for it though. Would be nice to have >35,000 there. Maybe thats a bit to optimistic.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 1:33 am

Not a signing, but apparently the Blues are going to install a artificial pitch for next season.

There have been hints about it this season

Seems like a good investment, should improve the quality of the pitch and the quality of the rugby.

Good trial for the WRU too if they are considering similar for the MS.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 11:46 am

CARDIFF Blues want to rip up the hallowed Arms Park turf and install an artificial pitch in time for next season.

The capital city region are trying to secure the £500,000 needed to lay the same state-of-the-art 4G surface used by Saracens at their new Allianz Stadium home, and will press ahead with the plan this summer if successful.

The Blues, who were Sarries’ first opponents at the Allianz for an LV Cup game in January, feel a plastic pitch will better suit the fast, fluid style director of rugby Phil Davies wants to develop.

And they also say it would benefit all levels of the game as well as the community at large, not just Davies’ first team.

But it would represent a major first for the game in Wales, with a first elite team playing on an astroturf surface.

“We have met with companies who could install it and we are now looking at ways of potentially financing it,” said Blues chief executive Richard Holland.

“It would be amazing for the Blues, for Cardiff RFC and potentially for the wider community as well because it would be available to use 365 days of the year.

“We could also hold non-rugby events on it.

“So yes, meetings are taking place, and yes, we have a desire to do this.

“Will it happen? I can’t say for sure at the moment because it depends on the finance. But the way the Arms Park pitch is in the winter months, well, we are aware of the quality of the spectacle for our paying public who don’t want to see 30 blokes rolling around in the mud.

“We played on Saracens’ pitch earlier this season and were hugely impressed.

“I would like to see this happen sooner rather than later.”

While the Blues are actively pursuing a move to 4G, Welsh Rugby Union chief executive Roger Lewis has already said the same option is being considered for the Millennium Stadium.

Keeping the current portable grass surface in tip-top condition has been a major challenge for the WRU since the stadium was opened in 1999, with conditions inside the arena not conducive to growth.

There has been a history of problems during rugby matches, with turf being torn up in chunks under the weight of scrums, something that affected Six Nations matches at other grounds this season.

And the WRU regards player safety as a major incentive for any possible move to plastic in the near future.

Meanwhile, if the WRU ends up buying the adjacent Cardiff Arms Park off landlords Cardiff Athletic Club, and a new 15,000-seater stadium mooted for the site goes ahead, the Blues’ 4G pitch could be put in storage while construction of the venue is carried out.

Read more: Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2013/03/28/cardiff-blues-plan-to-rip-up-turf-and-install-artificial-pitch-at-arms-park-91466-33073430/#ixzz2OpmKCDp6
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 29 Mar 2013, 8:41 am

Honestly, i think everyone would prefer a 50/50 pitch like they use at the Liberty Stadium. The pitch at the CAP this year has taken a hammering, but is 4G the best option? I'm not sure it is.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:42 pm

Another question mark over Lydiate moving to the Blues

Has anywhere actually confirmed they have signed him?

Someone on the Blues forum is saying they are waiting until after the Lions announcement.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:03 pm

6. Lydiate
7. Warburton
8. Copeland

Would be a great back row next season along with Jenkins, Rees and Andrews in the front row. Not counting any chickens yet as I still believe Lydiate will go outside of Wales personally. Hopefully we can add Scott Williams to our centers and with Allen/Williams outside of him Blues have got a good looking side next year. Like I said, Lydiate and Williams have not signed yet so I won't get my hopes up just yet.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:03 pm

Liam wrote:6. Lydiate
7. Warburton
8. Copeland

Would be a great back row next season along with Jenkins, Rees and Andrews in the front row. Not counting any chickens yet as I still believe Lydiate will go outside of Wales personally. Hopefully we can add Scott Williams to our centers and with Allen/Williams outside of him Blues have got a good looking side next year. Like I said, Lydiate and Williams have not signed yet so I won't get my hopes up just yet.

All they need now is a decent coach and a new owner. Laugh

Seriuosly though, the Blues need to stregnthen more than that to be competitive, and they need to get rid of a lot of dead wood, like Campese Ma'afu and that Moldovan kid oh and Borrust and Kyriachou.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:40 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
7. Warburton
8. Copeland

Seriuosly though, the Blues need to stregnthen more than that to be competitive, and they need to get rid of a lot of dead wood, like Campese Ma'afu and that Moldovan kid oh and Borrust and Kyriachou.

And Gavin Evans, Pretorious, Lloyd Williams, Trevett, 2 Romanian props, the dullard PI lock.. want me to go on?

Lydiate would be a fantastic signing, and the first truely exciting signing in a long time IMHO, Jenkins returning is all well and good but will be short term, as will Rees, but with a half decent tight 5 and a strong back row Patchell might get his first ever platform, how exciting does that sound?!?!?!

I'd go as far to say that if we could entice Gill, Mitchell, and a good distribnuter at centre we'd have a competitive team!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
7. Warburton
8. Copeland

And Gavin Evans, Pretorious, Lloyd Williams, Trevett, 2 Romanian props, the dullard PI lock.. want me to go on?

Lydiate would be a fantastic signing, and the first truely exciting signing in a long time IMHO, Jenkins returning is all well and good but will be short term, as will Rees, but with a half decent tight 5 and a strong back row Patchell might get his first ever platform, how exciting does that sound?!?!?!

I'd go as far to say that if we could entice Gill, Mitchell, and a good distribnuter at centre we'd have a competitive team!!!

I do not think you need a new center Bluesman, not with the youngster you have currently with the sevens anyway,Cory Allen isn't it ? He looks as though he will be better than any other centers we currently have in Wales, he is such an exciting looking product,along with many others comming from within our acadamies.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Thu 04 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

Paulo looks like he is quite a good player. Far, far better than guys like Cooke. Blues should have a very competitive team next season.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:06 pm

A new centre is needed so we never have to play Hewitt or Evans

Bluesman, say what you like, but Lloyd Williams has finally returned to form, pity he is out for 4 weeks though :/

I don't think there will be many more signings, Gill and/or Mitchell are pretty unlikely now (Mitchell staying at Exeter untill his contract expired and Gill is unlikely with Gethin back) - it's a pity, if all the rumoured signing were true we would finally have a strong pack
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:39 pm

I agree, Scott Williams would be an excellent signing with then Allen/Williams playing on the outside of him.

When Williams goes on Welsh duty then we can then have maybe Patchell (If he doesn't get called up) at 12 and then Tovey at FH.

I agree on Williams, played well in the 6N and its a shame he's got injured. He needs to continue the form next season now after his dismal displays earlier in the season, although he was far from the only Blues player to play well below the standards expected. Doubt we'll sign either Gill or Mitchell, our fault for letting Gill go in the first place.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 6:16 pm

Liam wrote:I agree, Scott Williams would be an excellent signing with then Allen/Williams playing on the outside of him.

When Williams goes on Welsh duty then we can then have maybe Patchell (If he doesn't get called up) at 12 and then Tovey at FH.

I agree on Williams, played well in the 6N and its a shame he's got injured. He needs to continue the form next season now after his dismal displays earlier in the season, although he was far from the only Blues player to play well below the standards expected. Doubt we'll sign either Gill or Mitchell, our fault for letting Gill go in the first place.

I wouldn't play Tovey at FH while Patchell is fit. Allen has played a lot at 12 and I imagine would be Williams understudy (please not Hewitt!). Tovey is very flaky, even while playing at FB, his games at FH have not got that well, Patchell is less effective at 12, but has been outstanding at 10 this season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

wales606 wrote:
Liam wrote:I agree, Scott Williams would be an excellent signing with then Allen/Williams playing on the outside of him.

I wouldn't play Tovey at FH while Patchell is fit. Allen has played a lot at 12 and I imagine would be Williams understudy (please not Hewitt!). Tovey is very flaky, even while playing at FB, his games at FH have not got that well, Patchell is less effective at 12, but has been outstanding at 10 this season.

I don't think Toveys had a decent enough shot at 10 to be called flaky, I'd like to see him with Patchell at 12 and Allen at 13. That said we do still need a centre.

Paulo looks big strong and agressive, but he makes some really stupid decisions and doesn't look like he can last the match, Ive seen him twice and he's anonymous last 20, can barely lift his knees, but like Mafi!! But that can be adressed, and with Reed and Davies back next season we have some options at least.

SOOOOO hope Lydiate comes, Navidi will set back in the pecking order (amazingly as he's been immense this season) but it'll create a real buzz, some real young talent, mixed with international quality!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 04 Apr 2013, 8:18 pm

wales

Williams return to form means he's barely pro standard though, he's made one decent break this season, and little else!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

Williams did well in the 6N like I said, made an impact when he came on. Surely counts for something. I think when on form there is something there which suggests he can become a decent player. He was appalling at the start of the season yes but credit to him for sticking in there and gaining some form back. Shame he's picked up that injury now.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:43 pm

Liam wrote:Williams did well in the 6N like I said, made an impact when he came on. Surely counts for something. I think when on form there is something there which suggests he can become a decent player. He was appalling at the start of the season yes but credit to him for sticking in there and gaining some form back. Shame he's picked up that injury now.

Agree, he has finally become a good SH, after being dire for most of the season. Really shame he got injured, but 4 weeks isn't too bad considering he went off with a knee injury.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 09 Apr 2013, 3:10 pm

Looks like Scott Williams is staying put Sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22081628
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next