The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Jericho in talks with WWE

+13
Kid Vicious
theundisputedY2D2
Kay Fabe
Crimey
MtotheC
ManofSteel
GSC
Hero
Liam
bretmeharty
Bull
Ent
VDT
17 posters

Go down

Chris Jericho in talks with WWE Empty Chris Jericho in talks with WWE

Post by VDT Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:08 pm

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Chris Jericho has contacted Wold Wrestling Entertainment about returning for another short run. Jericho wants to work a program that would culminate at WrestleMania in April, where he would put over a younger talent. Jericho only wants a short return and remain available to do outside projects.

Which young talent do you think Jericho is thinking about?
I think Ziggler is the obvious choice with him ending Jericho's last stint! But what about Jericho being the mastermind behind the shield!
Thoughts?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Chris Jericho in talks with WWE Empty Re: Chris Jericho in talks with WWE

Post by Ent Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:09 pm

I love Y2J but as people have said in the past he has put over far too many people, I don't think it would have much of an effect anymore.

Didn't even get a win over punk to have something to promo about.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:18 pm

would be awesome if he was the leader of the shield but then again i hope to see him as a face if he return either way would be awesome having Y2J back

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:35 pm

With Jericho its just become tiresome and boring. Comes back, has a few decent matches then off to try and be the rock with little success

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:52 pm

I agree its on and off too much in such little time. Cena should be the one putting over younger talent or even Triple H, although he couldn't put his ego aside to put Punk over.

If he comes back, he must be a face like he was at the end of his stint, and i'd rather him in a match maybe against Taker for the streak. That way, at least he's in a credible match, is a credible opponent for Taker and will be the perfect wrestler for Taker at Mania.

He could maybe take on Bryan giving Bryan a decent return at Mania after his 18 second match vs Sheamus. Would be a cracker of a wrestling match also. I like Jericho, think the product is allot stronger with him in the company.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:53 pm

I don't want Jericho anywhere near the Shield, the Shield doesn't need an established leader behind the scenes, it has Dean Ambrose.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:58 pm

Hero wrote:I don't want Jericho anywhere near the Shield, the Shield doesn't need an established leader behind the scenes, it has Dean Ambrose.

I agree, a leader will simply take the spotlight off themselves and like you said, Ambrose is there to be the 'leader' type.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:22 pm

The Shield would make sense, they'll be irrelevant by the time Jericho is off again.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by ManofSteel Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:13 pm

I would not see this as a credible opponent for any top tier athlete come Wrestlemania.

Jericho may be useful in order to put over someone like Antonio Cesaro or Damien Sandow but cannot see how he would help anyone much higher up the card.

I agree a match with Daniel Bryan would be good, but doesn't Bryan deserve a bigger match after all his hard work this past year?.

I don't see a problem with Jericho's return, just don't think it should be at the expense of someone missing out on a high profile match.

ManofSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:55 am

It's a shame really because Jericho is a great talker, has great in ring ability and in theory should be a relatively big draw but his return will mean little to either an established star ala punk or a young talent ala Ziggler because going over Jericho means almost nothing these days which is a shame for someone who's achieved as mush as he has, going over the first ever undisputed champion should be a big deal for someone like Ziggler but Y2J's impact has been so heavily diluted over the years

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:59 am

If Jericho was a bit more committed to wrestling, WWE could take the time to build him up again, I don't think it'd take a lot, he has the reputation, he just needs a few meaningful wins under his belt.

The angle with Punk would not have bombed if Jericho had returned and actually did something, but he just kept losing but saying he was the best. He should have either beaten Punk for the title early on, or won the Rumble.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:28 am

Until around 2010 time I've always liked Jericho but I've never understood anyone who said he's good in the ring, I've watched most of his stuff and he's never been that great in the ring, he's been agile but incredibly sloppy and at times quite dangerous

He should be no-where near the Shield either, I've said it before, the reason Nexus bombed was because we where all waiting for a leader to be revealed so that made Wade Barrett just look like he was keeping someone elses seat warm and from that moment wasn't considered good enough to be the leader, if the WWE learn anything from the Nexus debacle I'm hopeful its that.

As for Jericho, surprise surprise, I've got no great issue with it, but he shouldn't be near main event talent, a lower scale match with Wade Barrett or even against the likes of Dean Ambrose would be significvant for their WWE careers at this stage but that's only because they're level. 3/4 at best right now and so they should be

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ManofSteel Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:53 am

I actually like the idea of a Barrett/Jericho match and could be what is needed to push Barrett that little further up the card.

He isn't going to be the world title frame come Mania so a win over Jericho will do him no harm.

But that is the limit, anyone higher would not get benefit from winning against Y2J.

It is a shame because I always liked Jericho, but he has never reached the heady heights of a "star". Partly that is down to WWE and partly it is down to himself.

ManofSteel

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:54 am

Yahoo YAY! Chris Jericho returns to SHOCK THE WORLD AND CHANGE THE FACE OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING FOREV....oh he's gone again.

I feel very 'Meh!' about Jericho coming back for another short run before swanning off again before coming back for another short run, it'll have less and less of an impact as time goes on. Either stick around for a proper, sustained spell or don't bother coming back at all.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:59 am

Y2D2 we need a Festive/Apocalyptic Random Thoughts! (well we need a random thoughts in general!)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:03 am

Working on it mate OK

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

I think Jericho is more interested in a Wrestlemania pay-cheque than putting over younger talent. But if he's up for it, then they may as well use him. I'd stick him with someone who has bags of in-ring skill, but is a little stagnant right now. Ted DiBiase would be my choice but he may be a lost cause. There's also Jack Swagger who needs a lift upon his return. Or Evan Bourne if he can get himself fit (assuming he really is injured.. ahem).

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:14 pm

Jericho could come back claiming to being the mastermind behind the shield and taking all the credit for they're impact.

The shield come and say "yeah, yeah you may have put this group but it is an injustice that you would take any credit" and then give Jericho the beating of a life time.

Jericho could then return at the rumble and eliminate all three members of the shield, which would set up a match at Mania with Dean Ambrose in a if Jericho loses he never returns v if Ambrose loses the shield disband.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:56 pm

Jericho was always one of my all time favourites, well-rounded, underrated occassionally, incredibly experienced and charismatic but he's buried himself by putting over so many people so that he's lost the credibility he once had. I really wouldn't like to see him come back yet again just to put someone over...again. Jericho stay away.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:20 pm

I am a big Jericho fan and i enjoyed his face turn before he left. However if he is returning for just a few months i wont be interested as it would just be pointless and like last time his return will be over shadowed by the question "When is he leaving"

Mind you a match with Daniel Bryan at Wrestle Mania would be very good. Back in 2010 i thought there match on NXT was a contender for match of the year.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:23 pm

I agree with gaffer. I think Jericho is vastly overrated from an in-ring perspective. I actually also think he's a little overrated in most other categories too.

I do think though that there are a number of wrestlers who could benefit from feuding with him. Ambrose is a great example and it would give him something meaningful to do around Wrestlemania season. The key for me is that they would need to put Ambrose over strong, not just have a typical WWE midcard back-and-forth match.

Jericho has been firmly established as somebody who is beneath main event level, therefore for a victory over him to mean anything it would need to be a convincing one.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

I disagree with Jericho being overrated in the ring. He can do everything, has a vast array of moves and is great on the mic as a heel and as a face, not many can do that (ask sheamus and randy orton).

Thing is he's never around long enough for WWE to build up his credibility. During his last return, he should have won the elimination chamber and carried the title to Mania, getting good wins along the way. Trouble is, he didn't win the rumble, didn't win the elimination chamber so what on earth did that do to build him up as a real threat to Punk, none whatsoever.

If he comes back, he should have a real strong return as Y2J, get plenty of wins and get him back up to the main event level, simple as. Then, when someone goes over him, it will be a meaningful victory. Perhaps his final match of his return could be a brutal street fight where whoever beats him only just scrapes over the line, have a real brutal encounter where both men at the end can barely stand, that's what i'd like to see.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 21 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

I wonder whether WWE deliberately tried to send him a message when he returned at the start of the year. If you wanted to make Jericho look stupid youad do exactly what they did!

But having said all that, I think they're better off now than if he'd won the rumble or interrupted Punk's title reign.Sheamus is undoubtedly a bigger star as a result of winning the rumble, and the WWE title feels far more prestigious as a result of Punk's lengthy title run lasting so long

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:53 pm

I totally agree, in hindsight Jericho interupting Punks Title run would have been a poor move although it might have possibly meant giving Punk a big WredtleMania win, however without the benefit of hindsight I still believe they got it wrong at the time.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:01 pm

Keep trying to decide if I like the idea of VDT of Ambrose v Jericho at Mania.
With all the possible permutations going on as to who could face who at Mania there is the 'wildcard' of the Shield and you'd have to think that with the push they've received that they'd certainly take part in some respect, Id expect Reigns and Rollins to go for a tag title shot but that leaves the leader, Daniel Bryan would be my preferred choice but I imagine he'll be facing Kane but Ambrose & Jericho could be a great mic battle and a semi decent first scalp for Ambrose to go over at his first Mania.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:02 pm

it wont happen hero lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:06 pm

Well they're going to have The Shield involved in some respect at Mania, the other thought I had was Orton after the injury the other week but the rumour mills have him getting a big push for Mania so I presume that's v Ziggler?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:14 pm

If the Shield are making a big deal then you'll bet Jericho will want to cash in on that so if he does offer to do the job I'm sure it's something the WWE will look into, people are just assuming Ambrose is going to be the guy though, he's the initial front guy but I've got a sneaky feeling Roman Reigns will be pushed as the big star of this group, people think he can't talk, he can, the more confidence he gets the better he'll sound too, he's also got a good look and is a pretty good looking guy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:38 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:If the Shield are making a big deal then you'll bet Jericho will want to cash in on that so if he does offer to do the job I'm sure it's something the WWE will look into, people are just assuming Ambrose is going to be the guy though, he's the initial front guy but I've got a sneaky feeling Roman Reigns will be pushed as the big star of this group, people think he can't talk, he can, the more confidence he gets the better he'll sound too, he's also got a good look and is a pretty good looking guy

Those roars he gives then he is about to powerbomb / headbutt someone are awesome!!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

Regarding Jericho's in ring ability, I liked what somebody said a few years ago in that unlike Shawn Michaels, who brought others up a level, Jericho adjusted his level to those he faced, so if he was against somebody good in the ring, he was good but he would become bad against those that are bad in the ring.

To be honest, I still think he's valuable to the WWE, it just needs WWE to invest a little more in him to build him back up again and Jericho to be more committed to WWE so that they have the time to make beating him mean something.

He's got the name factor, and is still better than most in the ring and good on the mic, so it wouldn't take a lot to push him up a few levels before allowing him a big loss.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:03 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:people are just assuming Ambrose is going to be the guy though, he's the initial front guy but I've got a sneaky feeling Roman Reigns will be pushed as the big star of this group, people think he can't talk, he can, the more confidence he gets the better he'll sound too, he's also got a good look and is a pretty good looking guy

I think this makes sense as well, if WWE were wanting to get Reigns over, putting him with two internet darlings would certainly help as he'll get over with them with the older viewers, but get over or heat with the kids because of the usual reasons.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:48 pm

On Reigns I am not a fan of his ring name but can live with it. I like his look and hope that as well as the powerbomb he adopts a spear / tackle as a signature move due to his football background.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat 29 Dec 2012, 6:39 pm

Could he do something with Fandango? With the ball room dancing link Yahoo
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down