The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim

+12
jimmyinthewell68
MIG
Looseheaded
harris.margaret9
TheMackemMawler
pscott
GSC
Fists of Fury
Pr4wn
Crimey
Hero
hampo17
16 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Skyrim

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Anybody still playing this? I recently started again after losing my save and have decided to use nothing but magic. Just completed Bleak falls barrow so the first thing I'm doing is all the side quests.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:22 pm

My God, an hour will get you to Riverwood, have a few conversations, walk to the barrow, and get inside the door Laugh

It truly is an EPIC game, kudos to the developers. And when we're finished, there's two DLCs available!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:30 pm

Unfortunately my gaming time is severely limited these days mate, hence why I had to stop playing World of Warcraft!!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

Mine too, I get an hour a night tops from the wife Sad

I have to fit in Skyrim, Fifa, Game of Thrones, Sherlock Holmes, London 2012, Assassin's Creed 3, Homefront, Tour de France 2012, Black Ops 2 AND Kinect all in that time. It's a disaster...

Will be Kinect and FIFA tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:58 pm

Haha not an easy task mate! I have to concentrate on one game at a time!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

I have to rotate my games else I forget how to play them Doh

Will have to give Skyrim a rest for a week now, just to catch up on the others!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:49 am

Can't find that Faedal chap you spoke of...his house is locked and he wasn't at the inn or the lumber mill.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:05 am

He's normally at the lumber mill. How strange. Did you try round the side, where you can pick up a woodcutter's axe?

He's dead in my game, I came out of the inn one time and a frost dragon was outside. In the chaos, the dragon got him Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:11 am

I think he just wonders around mate. I just found him in the street I think.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:38 am

I killed the smith by accident too, no-one in Riverwood particularly likes me now. If you go in his house, his widow is all sad about his 'strange' death Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:03 am

Started mine again last night as a dark elf, handy that you know sparks and fire straight away.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:18 am

Haha, love how the game tailors itself to fit in with your actions. Pretty advanced.

I'll try and find him again tonight.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

I've scheduled Skyrim night for Wednesday of next week...last night was two games of FIFA and a bit of Game of Thrones. Tonight is Sherlock Holmes, and tomorrow it's Black Ops II and FIFA again. It's a hard life Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 09 Jan 2013, 12:56 pm

That is one major problem with Skyrim is that slightly major characters can die just randomly. Laugh

I found the Jarl of Whiterun, so a fairly big character in one of the main storylines just floating in the moat outside his castle. He was alive, not sure what happened there.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

Ha! Thankfully he was on his throne when I got there, Crimey.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:17 pm

Some of the little bugs can be irritating but other can be very funny. Anyone else fought that dragon on top of the snowy mountain where there's also a very hard vampire that comes out of a coffin? Well he fell off a cliff when I was fighting him and then proceeded to just look up at me while a repeatedly shot him.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:22 pm

I found the wedding quest a nightmare first time round, everytime I turned up to get hitched I'd be proper slagged off for not turning up on time even though I was!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

Not done that one Hero. I'm married in real life, I play games to give me a break from all that Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:16 pm

I do have maybe 2-3 quests which I can never complete because of certain glitches.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:05 am

Found him! He helped me get archery up to level 23 (I can't afford any more Sad ) and now he is following me around.

Did I make a mistake in attacking a mammoth outside of Whiterun? I thought I could take him with my buddy Faendal at my side but despite taking a couple of my steel arrows he ran right up and brutally massacred me. Were those cavemen that I saw near the mammoth, too?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:20 am

Big mistake Fists, I killed my first mammoth at Level 30. They rip you in half if they get close, I take them with archery and fire, running away as fast as I can, running back in, running away...it's a hard fight.

And those are giants you're seeing, they're just as tough as the mammoths but can run faster.

I'd leave mammoths alone for now, concentrate on killing men and skeletons OK

I didn't get my Sherlock Holmes night because Trebs from here invited me to beat him at FIFA...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:37 am

I whupped mammoths & giants quite early on I found as a pyro mage though it did involve a fair bit of kiting.
My fave is to kite a dragon to a group of mammoths and giants and let em have a rumble then tkaedown whoever remains whilst they're weakened.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:45 am

Haha oh right ok, I was about to attack the 'cavemen' before I spotted the mammoths! I am level 6 now, and on a quest with Ilreth to go and kill a dragon...how am I going to manage that if I can't down a mammoth?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:07 am

It's pretty easy, the guys you're with should do most of the hard work. When the dragon lands, get round the side of it and give it your hardest shot, and a dragon breath too. Once it's weakened enough it'll be grounded, then it's easy pickings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:16 am

Yeah the first dragon is pish, I did it again last night strangely enough with my rogue, got fire breathed on me and whacked with its tail but still battered it pretty quickly wearing just light armour, a fine Imperial sword and no buffs.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

I think they made the first one easy so that the storyline develops. Until you do that first one no dragons can appear, apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:12 pm

I always remember the first time after that when I was starting to be able to go toe to toe with a dragon when one turned up and started getting a bit cocky and wnet dragon hunting, found the next level up of dragon and it chased me all the over the place. Ended up kiting it all the way to a fairly decvent sized town for the guards to deal with.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:50 pm

I didn't realise you had to do a bit of the main quest for dragon's to turn up, so probably played about 20 hours without any dragons just assumed I just kept missing them....

Fists, you should attack a giant, just so you can enjoy the hilarity of having your corpse being flung 50 foot in the air by a club-wielding giant.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 1:02 pm

I went over 30 hours of gameplay without any dragons - well after that quest - then I got attacked by about 8 in the space of 2 hours. It was great fun, I must have seen half of Skyrim in that time.

My absolute favourite part of the game is stealing low-value goods from shops right in front of their owners, then selling them back to them. How is that allowed Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

Killed that dragon. I have now joined the companions (was that a good move?), ditched Faendal for Lydia as my new follower and am currently on a quest to kill some warlord after some assassins were looking for a woman in whiterun...I had the opportunity to grass her up or to kill their leader..does anyone know what would have happened if I grassed her up?

How does that affect the story?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:56 pm

Not sure, I killed them too. Lydia is a pretty good companion for 15-20 levels, but once I ditched her she too succumbed to the curse of dying before her time.

I joined the companions, it gives you a few quests, the latter ones being quite good.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 11 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

I'm enjoying levelling up my Mage at the moment. Found a cheeky "exploit" which basically gives you unlimited gold which is very handy when levelling up the smithing perk.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Jan 2013, 7:50 pm

The companions are a great series of quests with a great 'reward' towards the end. Well great if you never like being able to rest anymore that is!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Jan 2013, 7:53 pm

I accidentally killed Lydia last night in the midst of a big scrap, didn't think too much of it and headed back to Whiterun. Trudge through the city up to Dragonsreach no issues, enter the castle and everyone in it suddenly turns on me and I have to flee for my life out of Whiterun!
Can't go near the place now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:16 pm

Its almost as if you walked on there with a sign saying "Lydia's dead. Who's the daddy?" Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:23 pm

Being a werewolf is much better than rested tho.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm

Being a vampire on the other hand...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:29 pm

Yeah, that was painfully dull.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:44 pm

Hero you need to reload. You can't lose Whiterun, you need it as your base of operations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

Ill be fine, Ill wander around a bit and they'll forget all about it when I go back, best is that very first village you go to, I killed a chicken and every one who two minutes prior was happily chatting to me suddenly went nuts at me wanting me hung drawn and quartered. Been back since even family members of people I butchered in the street happily chat to me again.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 7:26 am

Got my smithing up to level 70 last night, will finish that this weekend and then go on a Daedric armour hunt. Haven't done any of the story yet, and I'm going to do the college quests first as well.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:13 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Not sure, I killed them too. Lydia is a pretty good companion for 15-20 levels, but once I ditched her she too succumbed to the curse of dying before her time.

I joined the companions, it gives you a few quests, the latter ones being quite good.

I fought my way to him and then let him persuade me that she was lying. Turns out she is wanted for treason somewhere, so they ended up capturing her and he gave me a reward of gold. I then went and bought a horse :p

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:19 am

Fists of Fury wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:Not sure, I killed them too. Lydia is a pretty good companion for 15-20 levels, but once I ditched her she too succumbed to the curse of dying before her time.

I fought my way to him and then let him persuade me that she was lying. Turns out she is wanted for treason somewhere, so they ended up capturing her and he gave me a reward of gold. I then went and bought a horse :p

After he captures her you can kill him anyway :P
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:26 pm

Skyrim, where murder of chickens gets you thrown in jail but stealing stuff from shops is fine Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:50 am

GSC wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

After he captures her you can kill him anyway :P

I let him live, despite bumping in to him on the road far from Whiterun.

In the midst of a dungeon quest with Farkas now, who has just turned in to a giant werewolf.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

That's a good quest that one, you're progressing through them at quite a pace!

I have one more session left before completing Game of Thrones, so after that I'll have one less game to rotate = more chance to play Skyrim Skyrim - Page 2 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:50 pm

So who's still playing Skyrim then? I completed Game of Thrones but then found some DLC missions for it - have now completed it (again), and played Skyrim for the first time in a month last night.

What a night. Two dragons, a horde of vampires, and got my enchanting up to 94 Skyrim - Page 2 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:51 pm

I'm working away at the moment, Azzy, so game time is severely limited.

I'm level 16, I think, and have just arrived in Solitude.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

I've got the bug again, it's amazing how it just keeps getting you hooked. I'd seen the box sat in the drawer for a month, thinking 'nah, I don't really fancy it'. Then the second it came out of the case, it's my favourite game again! I don't think we'll ever see its equal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

I'm level 27 on it now, currently working my way up through the thieves guild in Riften.
I've done a fair number of the Daedus quests so far which I missed out on last time round and am generally playing a meaner character (meaner being eating people, wiping out villages etc)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

Hero you badman Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down