The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! !

+9
two_tone
seanmichaels
captain carrantuohil
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Lumbering_Jack
Rodney
13 posters

Go down

Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! ! Empty Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! !

Post by Rodney Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:20 am

Just a quick one, is it just me or are we now living in a period of the worst boxing television presenters?

I met Adam Smith once at a Calzaghe fight nice fella, but what an awful presenter, how on earth did Sky make him the head honcho of boxing ? He asks the most pointless and worst questions it's almost cringeworthy, watching him interview Lennox after Manny Stewards passing, "so Lennox do you think we'll see another one like Emmanuel Steward?" What do you think his gonna say "Yeah we will his ten a penny that fella" Probably a nice bloke but surely a job behind the scenes doing spreadsheets or something would be more apt for him.

McIntosh i do wonder if his actually paying the networks to get a slot on tv, surely he can't be getting paid. As for Bunce the boxing nitwit version of Jonathan Ross the show is more about him than the actual action.

What happened to Paul Dempsey? Gary Norman in the proper early Ringside days, pay them double do someone tv bosses, even Ant and Dec would better than what we have.

Anyway, morning everyone. Is anyone else finding it a struggle to get in the festive spirit ?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! ! Empty Re: Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! !

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:30 am

Agree Rodders, smith is awful. Looks creepy too.

I have a special dislike for Nelson. The man can barely string a sentence together and those "show me your tactics" sketches that he does are awful. Awful.

Bunce is a Kumquat.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! ! Empty Re: Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! !

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:31 am

And McIntosh is too ugly for TV.

I quite like McGuigan.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:35 am

Nelson has grown on me Jack, don't know why mate, but don't mind him.

Yeah I do like McGuigan,doesn't let others speak at times, but articulated speaker and comes across as he knows what his talking about.

McCrory must be one of the worst, completely clueless.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:40 am

McGuigan is ok, but needs to let other people speak now and again and stop interrupting everybody. If he kept doing that to me I would smack him in his cake-hole. He would then kill me.

McIntosh is a goon. A harmless goon but a goon nevertheless.

Agreed on Dempsey and Norman. Those were great days.

I don't get the 'creepy' aspect to Adam Smith. There are far more creepy looking people in the boxing world than him.

Richie Woodhall makes me want to stab both my eyes out. When he is not being borderline xenophobic/racist, he manages to be both dull and patronising at the same time. Quite an achievement.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:41 am

We need to get Atlas over

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:46 am

Isn't this the point at which JBW jumps in with another tribute to McIntosh's "awesome" face?! Laugh

Poor Ronald, you can tell he's a truly lovely bloke who enjoys himself while he's presenting, but yes, he's pretty poor.

I can never really make up my mind on Smith. An odd fella, yes, but I can just about stomach him in small doses.

Bunce is a clown, pure and simple. Blessed with a voice so annoying it makes Bianca's from Eastenders sound like a beautiful, orchestral version of the Orinoco Flow and an insufferable brown nose, too. I'm still waiting for the day when he grasps the concept of letting the person he's interviewing actually speak more than him, which is the point.

I thought Paul Dempsey was very good, too. Of the current lot, McGuigan is not bad, Macklin is excellent when he does his odd bit of studio work, Nelson is someone I tend to enjoy and I can giggle enough through McCrory's analysis to just about see it through!

If Ryan Rhodes' two outings so far for 'Primetime' are anything to go by, he'll be lumped in with the Bunces and McIntoshes of the world before too long.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:47 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Completely off subject, but I bet it takes him an age to wash his face.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:53 am

Rodney wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Completely off subject, but I bet it takes him an age to wash his face.

I don't think he does wash it. Like when you leave your hair for months months and it starts to self clean. That is what happens to his Mount Rushmore of a noggin.

Chris: great shout on Macklin. I forgot about him which is scandalous as he is best of the bunch by a mile. Loved the fact he held his pre-Sturm press conference in German as well. Refreshing change.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:58 am

I believe Mike Tyson would make one of the best co-presenters, when he is not in one of his dark places, Tyson is one of the most articulate and interesting knowledgable guys to listen to.

Might not be in your best interests to disagree with him mind.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:03 am

As someone mentioned Macklin looks like he can have a future as a commentator and I think that Paul Smith on boxnation has been very good so far so there 2 for the future

Bunce and Steve Lillis are painful to listen to in BN and nothing seems boxing related but just to be load to get viewers

Seemingly Malignaggi and Hopkins have done well over in America but I haven't heard them myself

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

Malignaggi, at least on the radio, is one of the most informative and articulate summarisers that I've ever heard. He was excellent on both Froch-Ward and Khan-Peterson, calling the patterns of both fights with real perception, I thought. I have in fact taken to doing with boxing what I do with cricket, which is to watch the action with the sound turned down and the radio commentary on.

By their very nature, radio commentators tend to be more informative than their television counterparts, if that isn't damning them with the faintest of praise. I've not heard Macklin's media work yet, but he wouldn't have to be marvellous to propel himself right to the top of the British TV boxing pundit fraternity. God, how standards have fallen in that department!

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

Need to bring Rosenthal back.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:03 pm

Would have to agree Rodders. While he has said and done plently of things over the years to dislike him, when he is on form he really knows what he is talking about. He is cleary very passionate about the sport and never seems to use the same tired old sentences the majority of other pundits would come out with. RJJ is also good from what I have heard from him.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 14 Dec 2012, 4:40 pm

Really like RJJ, superb knowledge of the game, his analysis is very precise and he comes across as a genuine great huy, for me he is worthy of filling Stewards place, also shares that same level of enjoyment in watching boxing as Steward. "HE NOT GETTING UP JIM!! HE NOT GETTING UP!!"

Malignaggi is also one I love to listen to, another guy who loves the sport to the core, very precise fast talker who makes fantastic viewpoints.

Nelson, I'm beginning to have a bit of a mancrush for... I don't always agree with him, but I think he's excellent nowadays.

McRory - Awful

Watt - Not everbodies cup lf tea, but I think he brilliant and one of the best in Britain.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 4:45 pm

Yes too true, Adam Smith is poor on television and Bunce gets more irritating by the minute, I don't know what he brings to the show.

As for Nelson, I like the guy and think he offers good tactical insight.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 14 Dec 2012, 7:45 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:And McIntosh is too ugly for TV.

I quite like McGuigan.

HEY.

You don't know what you're saying. Who are you to judge what is beautiful and what is ugly.

Why shouldn't a towering, obelisk of a dome be considered commendable, attractive, or even sensual?

So a man's eyes don't point in the same direction? Why should it matter, when they contain nothing but benevolence?

His mighty jaw is the human equivalent of an angler fish: he lures his prey in with the enthusiasm in his mighty grin, then destroys them with his enormous jaws and unbreakable teeth, before taking it home to feed his relatives on easter island.

LEAVE RONALD ALONE! IMSERIOUS!!

Look at it:
Adam Smith, Ronald McIntosh, Steve Bunce ! ! _48161220_ronaldmcintoshstill640
angel

Last edited by John Bloody Wayne on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I dun goofed)

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 14 Dec 2012, 7:46 pm

By the way lumbering, even though I quoted you, my response was actually copied and pasted from an email I'd recently sent to my mother on the same subject.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 15 Dec 2012, 4:20 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:By the way lumbering, even though I quoted you, my response was actually copied and pasted from an email I'd recently sent to my mother on the same subject.

Laugh

Here's Ronald on a night out.

Spoiler:
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:03 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:By the way lumbering, even though I quoted you, my response was actually copied and pasted from an email I'd recently sent to my mother on the same subject.

Laugh

Here's Ronald on a night out.

Spoiler:

And Ronald with a hangover

Spoiler:

And Ronald chairing a Ronald Mcintosh Appreciation Society meeting (Founded by John Bloody Wayne)

Spoiler:

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:52 am

Imagine having a kids party, you phone up and book Ronald McDonald, the agency mishears you... Oh the tears.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 15 Dec 2012, 8:52 am

milkyboy wrote:Imagine having a kids party, you phone up and book Ronald McDonald, the agency mishears you... Oh the tears.

Unless its halloween

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:04 am

milkyboy wrote:Imagine having a kids party, you phone up and book Ronald McDonald, the agency mishears you... Oh the tears.

Laugh I can't get the image out of my head, some kid wearing the birthday boy hat and frantically searching the yellow pages so he can call the ghostbusters.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:29 am

You've just settled the kids down, You order a Big Mac for everyone, and glen mcrory turns up, it's back to square 1.

We need to get out more shah

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:34 am

The small window between the time the first kid managing to look after itself for a few minutes and the wifes desperate desire for another (despite previously swearing to cut your man sausage off if you bring it near her again) shall be exploited fully my friend. Until then...Keep calm and carry on.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:40 am

Although I have sometimes wondered whether taping Bunces mouth shut and eyes open during a Johnny Nelson career set would make him leave boxing forever. We could have Rowley sitting in the back slapping his face very hard trying to stay awake and desperately insisting that Nelson is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Headcase.)

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:41 am

I suspect mrs milky isn't planning on allowing any such window of opportunity my friend, but I can dream!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:45 am

I always thought rowley one of the more sane of the forum's moderati, but his desperate support for the 'entertainer' coupled with recent displays of man love for Richie woodhall, make me believe he needs a holiday.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 15 Dec 2012, 9:52 am

Missing that Froch fight really unhinged him. We should have a whip round and send him to his next fight.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down