The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradford to Qualify for the Europa League?

+9
hampo17
GSC
JamesLincs
westisbest
cherriesfna
NickisBHAFC
CFCNick
Dave.
Duty281
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bradford to Qualify for the Europa League? - Page 2 Empty Bradford to Qualify for the Europa League?

Post by Duty281 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 5:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Very possible for Bradford after last night if the draw and other results favour them. Let's just say, Middlesbrough upset Swansea tonight, and Chelsea beat Leeds next week. The 4 teams that would have qualified for the 2 leg Semi final would be: Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Bradford and Aston Villa. Then Chelsea get drawn against Villa and beat them. Bradford get drawn against Middlesbrough and force another upset over the 2 legs to get through to the final. The final would be Chelsea v Bradford and, assuming Chelsea finish in the Top 4 in the league, Bradford would qualify for the Europa League regardless of the result!

A fourth tier English team in the Europa League? Go on Bradford!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Bradford to Qualify for the Europa League? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bradford to Qualify for the Europa League?

Post by Marky Mon 25 Feb 2013, 8:53 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:It would of been embarrassing for British football had won and it would of sent the nation spiralling.

Fixed.

A League 2 side winning the second biggest cup competition in the country and representing England in Europe would have been nothing short of embarrassing. I'm all for cup runs but there's a reason the sides in the higher leagues are there. Bradford are in League 2 because they're a League 2 side, they got to Wembley in part to their good penalty taking.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Bradford to Qualify for the Europa League? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bradford to Qualify for the Europa League?

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:02 pm

Ok Scrooge.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:12 pm

Yeah it was a nice story but I'd much prefer to see Swansea compete than Bradford bore us all to death
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:17 pm

GSC wrote:Yeah it was a nice story but I'd much prefer to see Swansea compete than Bradford bore us all to death

I too would prefer to see Swansea in Europe, however to say Bradford bore us all to death is a bit rude IMO

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:32 pm

I'm sorry. I don't consider 10 men behind the ball, reliant on set pieces for goals and winnings on penalties that exciting.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 4:25 pm

I'm with you GSC, as much as I loved the story Bradford put together this year, it wouldn't have been a good advert for English football to have them in the Europa League next season. Even if it would only be for one qualifying tie.

I think Swansea's style of play could see them excel in Europe. With Laudrup as manager, if they can keep Michu for next season and make 2/3 inspired signings, they could do some real damage.

Despite them being rivals to Albion, I really do wish them well. They're a great credit to their fans and management clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 25 Feb 2013, 5:37 pm

Can't see Michu being there next season if I'm honest...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 5:40 pm

Depends. He'll stay if Laudrup does. Loves the guy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 25 Feb 2013, 5:41 pm

Both got a history of moving on!

If a big job comes up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Laudrup in the frame. Everton or Arsenal seem most likely atm
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

Quite agreed with Olly, however look at Sinclair and Allen a move to a bigger club hasn't exactly done them any favors. Stick at Swansea, its the place to be!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 25 Feb 2013, 5:49 pm

Difference is that Sinclair and Allen were nothing more than mediocre...

Michu is actually quality...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2