The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel Garcia - Danny vs Zab

+19
Rowley
Boxtthis
Bartley Gorman
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
eddyfightfan
tunes666
Fists of Fury
PPVxHOTTY
mobilemaster8
two_tone
hampo17
JabMachineMK2
compelling and rich
88Chris05
as1079
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BallchinianMuffwig
Sugar Floyd Louis
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Angel Garcia - Danny vs Zab - Page 2 Empty Angel Garcia - Danny vs Zab

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 03 Dec 2012, 11:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnAa8zeZ8dg

Check out this press conference for his sons fight with Zab Laugh

He used to annoy me but now I find him entertaining. Imagine if Danny keeps winning and faces Floyd one day, the trash talk between him and Angel could make that the best 24/7 ever!

Last edited by Sugar Floyd Louis on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Angel Garcia - Danny vs Zab - Page 2 Empty Re: Angel Garcia - Danny vs Zab

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:01 pm

Fair enough, I had nearly every round for Matthysse barring like 1 or 2.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:18 pm

fair enough i wouldn't argue that, i just remember it been close early, think i might even rewatch the fight as it was a great bout, neither man disgraced himself. looking up matheysse on boxrec shows he has 2 fights lined up, anyone know opponents?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:29 pm

Home fight in Argentina I think to stay busy

His other fight is on the undercard for the Judah-Garica fight so read into it as you will as rumours are hotting up that Mathysse-Garica may be in the pipes although nothing official has been confirmed. He has been mandatory for a while now and was originally planned to fight morales but got injured and by beating Olusegun for the interim title Garcia will find it difficult not to fight him

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:44 pm

I think Garcia is being milked a bit by his team, don't blame them. He appears distinctively average. But full credit to the guy, he knows how to win.

I would love to see Garcia/Matthysse, I think that could be a cracker and we would get to see what kind of fire Garcia has in him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:13 pm

Although Judah on paper is a soft touch with the others that could have been chosen, Garcia ahead been matched pretty hard at times for someone still so young.

If Judah was a little younger I would back him to beat Garica but I think he will be 36 by the time he fights Garica. He has always been mentally weak but he also had handspeed amongst the best in boxing. Against Parris and Khan he looked like he had lost a bit of handspeed and footspeed which is his best attribute

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

It was a competitive fight (And great fight!) without Matthysse ever losing control.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 05 Dec 2012, 8:41 pm

I felt bad for Olusegun after the Mathysse beating.

Ajose is clearly a talented guy, and showed tremendous heart throughout the fight. Every time Mathysse hit him something seemed to break, and every time he hit Mathysse, Lucas didn't even wince. There were several times during the fight I thought he was surely about to crumble, there's only so much pain a guy can handle, but he stuck in there. Even after he was eventually clobbered to the ground and ref waved it off, he rose to his feet.

And after all that it's still just a loss, his record is exactly the same as if he'd tasted the power in the 1st and called it quits. Hopefully he'll get another chance, but I get the feeling the loss will just be another reason for people not to bother with him, even though few in the division would fair better against Lucas.

Judah and Garcia appear to be opposites in some respects. Judah always looked so flashy and special, yet never cracked it at the top level. Garcia looks very ordinary, but he's yet to come unstuck. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Judah won this behind the jab, but a Garcia win inside the distance is most likely. Thanks to Zab's short comings more than anything else.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:44 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
Judah and Garcia appear to be opposites in some respects. Judah always looked so flashy and special, yet never cracked it at the top level. Garcia looks very ordinary, but he's yet to come unstuck. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Judah won this behind the jab, but a Garcia win inside the distance is most likely. Thanks to Zab's short comings more than anything else.

Very true, great analogy.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2