The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel Garcia Doing His Thing At The Presser - Gets Very Excited

+9
Steffan
Lance
mobilemaster8
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
owen10ozzy
hampo17
John Bloody Wayne
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
13 posters

Go down

Angel Garcia Doing His Thing At The Presser - Gets Very Excited Empty Angel Garcia Doing His Thing At The Presser - Gets Very Excited

Post by Strongback Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm

Angel Garcia talkin trash tonight at the press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ONWpggqfnwk

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Angel Garcia Doing His Thing At The Presser - Gets Very Excited Empty Re: Angel Garcia Doing His Thing At The Presser - Gets Very Excited

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:53 pm

Let's hope Matthyse knocks his little boy out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Angel Garcia Doing His Thing At The Presser - Gets Very Excited Empty Re: Angel Garcia Doing His Thing At The Presser - Gets Very Excited

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:57 pm

Mathysse, as a non English speaker, won't have understood 90% of that. Nice little waste of energy from Angel there. He must know his time riding his son's coat tails into the limelight is coming to an end...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:00 pm

Did he actually say his son has never been hit? Khan had him bleeding before he got caught, and Judah smashed him around the ring for the last 3 rounds of their fight.

He'll have a mental breakdown if Garcia loses tomorrow.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:01 pm

Even more reason to hope Matthyse wins....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:02 pm

I don't think we have to hope, Garcia struggled with Judah once he started landing. I don't think he'll cope once Matthyse lands clean and goes in for the kill.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

"You never know in Boxing.........."

"It's not over till the fat lady sings......"

I love a good cliche...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:08 pm

If!? More like...when! This could come back to bite me but I do not rate Garcia as a puncher, certainly not to the degree that he is made out after a couple of KO' over Morales and Khan.

Lets face it, he couldn't get rid of a very old Morales first time round, Kendall Holt or Zab Judah.

I don't rate his boxing skills and whilst Matthysse is hardly a student of the sweet science I think the guy has much better ring IQ than Danny.

I expect this one to end in 5 with Lucas standing tall and hopefully Angel stood crying in the corner! Think Garcia will land one of his wild shots but I expect Lucas to walk through it and at some point catch him as Danny swings a wild hook in.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:10 pm

What a tool, the best part is matthysse just sitting there laughing as he has no clue what he's saying

Garcia has shown as many if not more limitations as lucas and if he honestly belives that the judah that garcia beat was the same judah that mathysse "lost" too then he's going to be in for a shock tomorrow

If judah, a notorious fader, can outlast you and smack you about for the last 3 years than your in for trouble with matthysse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:13 pm

His Dad is trying to show bravado and no doubt lift his Son's confidence levels..

While he's a complete prat.........

What do you expect....... him to be crying into his hanky saying "My Son has had it"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:13 pm

God this guy is a tool. I hope, in the best interests of the sport, that Garcia gets train wrecked tomorrow.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:His Dad is trying to show bravado and no doubt lift his Son's confidence levels..

While he's a complete prat.........

What do you expect....... him to be crying into his hanky saying "My Son has had it"..
Garica is not a kid, he can talk for himself can't he?

Its worked in the past, but this outburst makes no sense as matthysse can't speak English, so why bother

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:18 pm

His Dad wants to talk for him and he's happy with it...........

The kid also beat Khan and Morales and he deserves respect..........

His Dad is obviously a very dominant character.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:24 pm

I'm no psychologist but I am pretty sure one can give someone else confidence by speaking without all the hyperbole attached. The things that Angel comes out with are a) Ludicrously stupid b) border on/go past Racism

So whilst he probably doesn't care I will say he is a complete tool...and for me Garcia himself is just as much to blame for letting him stand there and spout such nonsense. If that was my dad I would have a firm word with him and say 'either curb it or you won't be speaking again'.

He is a classless leech who craves the spotlight, that is the only reason he does what he does. Nothing to do with some grand plan to help influx his son with confidence.

As for Garcia, he deserves respect for stepping into the ring that is for sure...that doesn't mean he needs to be lauded over. He has shown plenty of frailties in the past and I expect them to be exposed here.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:25 pm

I reckon Angel does the talking and attracts the attention towards himself so his son isn't the focus and hence is less exposed to the pressure of having to do PR.  This kind of thing also helps sell the ppv and keeps people talking about Danny.  

His jack pot would be a Mayweather fight were Angel cound really sell it.  That's why Mayweather has him on the undercard.

Last edited by Strongback on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:26 pm

Like you say you're no psychologist....

Different things make different people tick...

The Son will never lack motivation or enthusiasm..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:His Dad wants to talk for him and he's happy with it...........

The kid also beat Khan and Morales and he deserves respect..........

His Dad is obviously a very dominant character.
Does he really?

Does Senchenko deserve respect for beating Ricky Hatton?

Does McBride deserve respect for beating Mike Tyson?

Does Khan deserve respect for beating MAB?

Sorry Truss, but having struggled against Morales first time round to then knocking him out (which really he should have done first time round in about 2 minutes) to then getting thoroughly outboxed for three rounds against Khan to then land "that" shot, which he pulls out the bag when he is in the Poopie. Khan is chinless so any sort of punch would floor him. Had Khan stuck to his defences and not thought "oh, well this is easy, ill hit him all night" then he would have won.

Mathyssee gets him out of there early, and in brutal fashion.

If not ill be majorly depressed for a long time, until Mayweather takes him to the cleaners.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:29 pm

Garbage...........Khan was highly respected...The ones you mention are half dead..

Come on !!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:34 pm

Highly respected but vastly and very much over rated. It was a battle of the over rated champions.

Khan had been decked multiple times and had been knocked out in brutal fashion.

Doesn't really have the power at LWW either.

Garcia knew this, took loads of punches to give one...............took three rounds of being punched in the head, but knew that if he landed then the fight would be over.

And it was.

Khan has since beat Molina and then was decked by some guy in his last fight and looked garbage.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:36 pm

Also, Morales has been dead for about 4 years Truss so the win for Garcia, for me, is Poopie and equivalent to the win for Khan over MAB.

Judah also took him to the cleaners in the last 3 rounds of their fight, and if Zab can do that, then Mathyssee will almost certainly do it but with a LOT more power and killer instinct (something that Judah has lacked his whole career, unfortunately)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

Agree to disagree...........Khan is a top fighter.....dumb at times but highly skilled..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:05 pm

Garcia will be goin into this full of confidence. hes undefeated and so far hes done everything he claimed he would. if he does get blasted out of there tomorrow nobody will be more shocked than him and his dad

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 14 Sep 2013, 5:20 am

Respect the champ. Oooh yeah. Who da man baby. Garcia gonna whoop this gringo mucho

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sat 14 Sep 2013, 7:06 am

Of those who say nothing only few are silent.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:52 am

Maidana also failed to get morales out of there to mobile. In fact he came fairly close to losing so I don't think you can dismiss garcia's win there completely

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

dangerous_mouse wrote:Of those who say nothing only few are silent.
Indeed dangermouse. 'Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

.... A concept a few of us on here could probably learn from

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:13 am

milkyboy wrote:
dangerous_mouse wrote:Of those who say nothing only few are silent.
Indeed dangermouse. 'Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.'

.... A concept a few of us on here could probably learn from

Or just keep talking so nobody else can get a word in.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:42 pm

It would make a forum a quiet place though

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:48 pm

spencerclarke wrote:It would make a forum a quiet place though
He who speaks does not know and he who knows does not speak.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:49 pm

Been smoking again shah? :-)

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:53 pm

Not yet Smile but its a quote from a chinese philosopher called Lao Tzu or Laozi

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down