The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

+82
Pal Joey
Scoped
ironrobson21
HammerofThunor
Golden
wales606
EnglishReign
Hookisms and Hyperbole
mckay1402
Shifty
Dave.
PJHolybloke
Artful_Dodger
Hood83
Pot Hale
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LondonTiger
eirebilly
MRW
Smirnoffpriest
GoodinTightSpaces
munkian
overlordofthewest
Liam
Ospreydragon
MarcusHalberstram
Comfort
doctornickolas
kiakahaaotearoa
emack2
blackcanelion
WelshinEdinburgh
Higher_Ground
RuggerBoy
gowershowerpower
gavstar
BigTrevsbigmac
screamingaddabs
RogerLewis
Breadvan
gregortree
Taylorman
offload
SecretFly
rodders
disneychilly
RuggerRadge2611
George Carlin
Looseheaded
dragonbreath
damage_13
glamorganalun
flyhalffactory
tatterd
GunsGerms
Newsilure
BlueNote
samuraidragon
Luckless Pedestrian
ScarletSpiderman
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
aucklandlaurie
AFewTooManyKnocks
Morgannwg
nganboy
TycroesOsprey
gboycottnut
RubyGuby
GavinDragon
Seagultaf
bedfordwelsh
Cyril
Casartelli
jammoboss
mogg
anotherworldofpain
HERSH
Lyn2012
ALPanorak
majesticimperialman
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
86 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Wales v NZ

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap1%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 80

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Empty Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

So this week saw the fans calls for players unused the week before who are in form this season answered and we lost to Samoa, we also lost more players to injury.

So what next...?

Wales offered little in impetus yet again. Few of the form players made a difference against Samoa. Wales have to make a massive improvement in every aspect of their game for next weeks match vs the ABs but what are your suggestions...???

Wales team:

Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees, Aaron Jarvis, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, Ryan Jones, Sam Warburton (captain), Toby Faletau

Replacements:

Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Scott Andrews, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, James Hook, Scott Williams

New Zealand team:
Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Daniel Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Luke Romano, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock.

Replacements:
Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Brodie Retallick, Victor Vito, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by gregortree Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

So is Hersh,
take comfort that he's tipping a Wales win. censored

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 4 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

Interesting poll results, with 22% saying the All Blacks will win by 50+ points.

Since 2000, Wales has played 7 home games against New Zealand, whose average winning margin has been just under 20 points - the biggest being 38 in 2005 and the smallest 1 point in 2004.

It seems that a lot of people must think Wales has its worst team for 10 years and New Zealand has the best team ever. Are Wales 22 points worse than Scotland, who lost 22-51 two weeks ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

This reminds me of the 2003 world cup. Everyone predicting a 50 odd point romp for NZ but Wales go give them one hell of a game. Maybe....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:57 pm

So is Hersh,
take comfort that he's tipping a Wales win. censored

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:57 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Maes - hersh beat you to it boss.
I don't read his posts....?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:58 pm

Where's that Salmonella the Saffers used in 1995?

We could really use that on Saturday.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

I just had a look at the poll and a quarter of the poll think Wales are going to win, they must be the same voters that think Preistland is a top 10. I am beginning to wonder if the Wales to win votes come from the Wales selection team and Sam Warburton. As we all know, Wales last won in 1953 (my brother has the programme for that match, my old man was at the match) a quarter on this post think an out of from Wales side will win, I really hope they are correct but I have gone for a 50+ loss if we play the same tactics as previous matches.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:03 pm

One positive......

If Wales play HALF as good as New Zealand, it could be enough to carry them through to beat Eyelund in February.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:07 pm

Some of you Welsh boys are being a bit harsh on your team. Yes, they have been awful in the past two games, but 50+ points? Really? New Zealand by 10 to 20 I say, probably the upper end of that admittedly.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:19 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Shuan Edwards on the Samoa match.

Shaun Edwards wrote:

''Personally I felt it was two teams that were pretty equally matched, as they were at the World Cup when we got the better of a one-score game, just like South Africa when they (Samoa) played them as the World Cup.
''On Friday Samoa were a little bit better than at the World Cup because they had the tighthead prop who plays for the champions of France (Toulouse forward Census Johnston) and they had the tighthead prop who plays for the champions of England (Harlequins' James Johnston).
''That's why they have improved while we have slightly come back a bit because of injuries.
''That's why they won a one-score game this time.

I'm a big fan of SE but everyone knows that is tosh. Samoa were dominant in every facet of the game & the score could easily have been even more embarrassing. I don't know who he is trying to kid. The team, the public or himself?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:20 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Beware the wounded ANIMAL!! I believe given the past 2 perofmances Wales will come out and play with the anger and venom of a wounded animal - Unfortunately that animal is likely to be a poodle who's perm has been ruffled thumbsup Come on Walesssssssssssssssssssss thumbsup

I would love to see Wales play at their best, the team is only three or four lads different to the one that reached the semi finals of the RWC and earned a third GS in the last 12 months.

The difference is psychological not physiological...!

The ABs are in great shape though, I am not expecting Wales to be impressive this game.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:06 pm

French Newspaper Midi Olympique

Wales and Toulon loosehead prop Gethin Jenkins is reportedly looking to quit the French club by the end of 2012.

Jenkins has been limited to a small number of starting appearances since he joined Toulon, battling it out with former England international Andrew Sheridan for the number one jersey.

With his playing opportunities limited and a reportedly unhappy relationship with Toulon boss Bernard Laporte, Jenkins is keen to return to his former club, Cardiff Blues, in the coming weeks.

Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal has stated that Jenkins will remain with the club until his contract expires in June 2014, but it is believed he will not rule out releasing Jenkins and replacing him.

Jenkins featured off the bench for Wales in their defeat on Friday to Samoa and should start ahead of Paul James against New Zealand this week, in what will be his 93rd appearance for his country.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:16 pm

I just can't see where we are going to improve in our attacking play in the 8 day turnaround. Yes JD2 will make a difference but do you really think there's suddenly going to be an explosion of guile, creativity and pace from us on Sat? Its horrible to see, but the tactics seems to be so thoroughly ingrained in the team that they can't see a way out. In the world cup, we played a similar limited attacking game but we were at least getting over the gain line. Witness the way in the 6N v Ireland that we retained possession in virtually the last play of the game and worked our way upfield from our own 22 to get ourselves in the position to win the final (admittedly controversial) penalty. We went through several phases to do this, held on to the ball in contact, and most importantly WENT FORWARD! I have seen nothing which resembles this in the last 2 matches. That is why I will be watching from behind the sofa from between my fingers on Sat with some alcohol on hand. "Ah sweet liquor, numbs the pain".

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:33 pm

I think if we come out of the blocks at 3 pm on Saturday with adrennalin pumping and get a couple of scores on the board then we will win thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:38 pm

Admire your optimism Ruby, I really do - wish I had it - I'd probably live longer!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

Its not optimism tattered - the game kicks off at 5.15 so I was just thinking if we can come out on fire at 3pm we have a good chance thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

Breadvan wrote:This reminds me of the 2003 world cup. Everyone predicting a 50 odd point romp for NZ but Wales go give them one hell of a game. Maybe....

NZ still got 50 in that hell of a game!

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:54 pm

disneychilly wrote:
Breadvan wrote:This reminds me of the 2003 world cup. Everyone predicting a 50 odd point romp for NZ but Wales go give them one hell of a game. Maybe....

NZ still got 50 in that hell of a game!

Can't argue with that as New Zealand scored 53 and Wales scored 37. It was a good victory for the All Blacks, who trailed at half-time but scored 20 points to Wales's nil in the 2nd half. The winning margin was 14 in a 90 point game, so it wasn't what most people understand as a 50 point beating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

Wales do not have a switch, they can't just turn it on and become world beaters over seven days,
Wales defence couldn't live with Argentina offloading out of the tackle or Samoa getting quick clean ball,
so how the hell are they going to cope with the All Blacks?!
This going to be ugly with a capital U

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:14 pm

The way wales have been playing it looks like the management are trying to implement a new system that the players have not adapted to well.

Maybe the management will revert? Or the players adapt?

Let hope it is a good game though with the lack of enterprise shown in the last two games I am reluctant to believe we will turn our fortunes around and finally beat the kiwis this weekend.

Such a shame after so much promise this time last year with the same players.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:27 pm

Whilst most of the selections were to be expected I am glad to see James in ahead of Jenkins and with AWJ and Evans injured good to see Shingler on bench
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:43 am

maestegmafia wrote:The way wales have been playing it looks like the management are trying to implement a new system that the players have not adapted to well.

You what?! We've been playing to the same gameplan as always! Didn't you hear what David Lemi said after last Friday's game?

"We have been watching Wales since the World Cup. They did the same thing they used in the Six Nations and against Argentina.

"We knew if you stop their go-forward men, you stop their game. If you dominate the scrum and line-out the other side cannot play rugby."

Unless by 'new system', you mean the old system but played at a much lower intensity? Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:17 am

Yep nothing has changed which I ca understand to a degree becuase it has brought success previously BUT its the sheer inability of the players or stubborness of the coahces not to change things that it the worrying aspect
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:29 am

I'm wondering what the response of fans and the public will be if we get badly beaten in the next 2 matches.

Also, will Gatland's cred as lions coach suffer if we''re the only team in the NH (save Italy) not have a recent victory against the SH Big£?

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:36 am

SD,

I am certainly expecting to get tonked on Saturday and be valiant losers again against the Aussies.

On the flip side the other interesting point is if we do actually turn our performances around in the next two games where does that leave the WRU and Howley as he is due to be in charge for the 6 Nations
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:41 am

Frankly with our injuries and form and the quality of this AB outfit, anything under 20 pts would be a good result!

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:49 am

We might win. It's highly unlikely, but you never know.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:50 am

The halfback selection is controversial, but the real issue is how the forwards go. If the front row get mullered and Richie rules the breakdown, then nothing else matters - we'll be smashed.

I fear that's the most likely scenario, and swapping round RP and DC wouldn't alter the result (though it would make for better entertainment).

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:53 am

I expect an improved performance, if only because Gatland's back and, because of the opposition, we know we'll need an improved performance. I think we'll lose, but it won't be a heavy defeat.

Then again, I never think we'll suffer a heavy defeat, even when all the signs point to one. Heart over head.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

Whilst the halfbacks selected is the ain talking point there are not really great options.

Phillips is best of a bad bunch and with Biggar injured it was always going to be Priestland with Hook still not certain of a place and his versatility working against him
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:00 am

optimist wrote:Interesting poll results, with 22% saying the All Blacks will win by 50+ points.

Since 2000, Wales has played 7 home games against New Zealand, whose average winning margin has been just under 20 points - the biggest being 38 in 2005 and the smallest 1 point in 2004.

It seems that a lot of people must think Wales has its worst team for 10 years and New Zealand has the best team ever. Are Wales 22 points worse than Scotland, who lost 22-51 two weeks ago?

Are Wales worse than Scotland right now YES

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:28 am

Maybe not its worst team in 10 years but probably going into the game on the back of two of their worst performances in 10 years
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:30 am

That's a good way of putting it. It's a long time since we've looked so toothless.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:31 am

I've predicted Wales will win and I'm sticking by it. The tea leaves, it's all about the tea leaves.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:38 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:That's a good way of putting it. It's a long time since we've looked so toothless.

LP,

Thats main frustration for me, in the last two games I can't remember us creating one clear cut scoring opportunity which must be the most alarming point.

Even in games we have lost in the past at least in most of them we have scored tries, we could still have been playing this Friday and wouldn't have scored against Samoa.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

dragonbreath wrote:
optimist wrote:Interesting poll results, with 22% saying the All Blacks will win by 50+ points.

I don't disagree that Scotland could beat Wales at the moment. But be fair, my question was are Wales 22 points worse than Scotland? That's worse by more than 3 converted tries or 7 penalty goals, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

maes mentioned 'new system' a few posters have said 'what new system, we are playing the same as we always have'

quite agree, new system!!! my ar**!!!

gareth thomas has been having flack this week for saying the senoir players should change it on the pitch ( jiffy and kingsley agreed)
well, they didnt change it, and neither did the coach change it at half time, in both games!!!

so obviously they ALL thought the game plan was ok.

OR they are taking the money and its put up and shut up, as i have said many times.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:17 pm

Gatland only knows one system and we haven't tried anything new since 2nd half at Twickenham in 2008. We get away with it when all our best players are fit, but our front five for Saturday looks seriously dodgy and Priestland is becoming our worst ever No.10, so....

Maes is waiting for his new prescription from specsavers. He inadvertently pressed 'play' on his 'Tries of the 70s' DVD in the middle of the Samoa game. Hence the confusion.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by gowershowerpower Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:22 pm

whatever we do on saturday, we are gonna get seriously mullered...there is no question.

oh well, it's all about ups and downs and cycles of shoite and half decent.

gowershowerpower

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:28 pm

Dont be pathetically personal Casteralli, pointing a finger to make fun of what i said doesn't make your point any more intelligent.

There are always a few ways of looking at the same problem from the outside. in any scenario.

1. Players are not doing what the coaches tell them.

2. Coaches aren't doing what they need to to win the next game

3. Players don't get the coaches and the coaches don't understand the players.

As Gatland said this week, most of the problem is psychological.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerBoy Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

Well, I've gone for Wales by 10+ points.

Why? Because I'm mad and the medication hasn't kicked in yet! Whistle

I wonder how many more of you on this forum were alive last time we did it. I was 10 months old, so I can't say I remember much about it!

RuggerBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:02 pm

there are more options maes

4. the players are doing exactly what the coaches are telling them.

5. the coaches will not change the plan , even though its not working.

6. everyone gets paid well, and no-one has had to work on a new plan for
years. easy.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm

This not working stuff is starting to grate me a bit, not the players and coaches but the posters on here - LOOK up until the Arg game we were doing ok with a successful RWC a GS and 3 narrow defeats in Aus which is no great shame. In the last 2 matches Howley has chosen the likes of McCusker, Turnbull, Andrews and an out of form Priestland. We have been without Adam, Lydiate and JD and the tactics (whatever they are) have been dreadful. This has lead to 2 unacceptable defeats and more importantly 2 unacceptable performnces. Please give this side a chance on Saturday - They will come out fighting this time and what we have learned is that without Gatland we are Rudderless. Just lets stop the shoite talk now and get behind our team eh! thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:16 pm

RubyGuby wrote:without Gatland we are Rudderless. thumbsup

Writing into my notebook "Good coach Does make a difference".

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:17 pm

I'm talking to a first class cricket team in January about that exact thing Fly thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:19 pm

remember it when we moan about Kidney Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:20 pm

Without Kidney you are Ruthless not Rudderless thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:21 pm

Casartelli wrote: Priestland is becoming our worst ever No.10

Do you genuinely think so?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:41 pm

optimist wrote:
dragonbreath wrote:

I don't disagree that Scotland could beat Wales at the moment. But be fair, my question was are Wales 22 points worse than Scotland? That's worse by more than 3 converted tries or 7 penalty goals, etc.

Isnt it a case of there being (on an average fine day) more points on the Murrayfield ground than Millenium stadium? In other words its probably just as hard for the ABs to get 15 points against Wales on Millenium stadium surface as it is for them to get 22 on Murrayfield.

Heres a stat, The All Blacks have not lost a test in November for 10 years.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:46 pm

Here's another stat.. the future ain't the past Wink The moon was never landed on until Area 51 engineers orchestrated it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next