The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

+82
Pal Joey
Scoped
ironrobson21
HammerofThunor
Golden
wales606
EnglishReign
Hookisms and Hyperbole
mckay1402
Shifty
Dave.
PJHolybloke
Artful_Dodger
Hood83
Pot Hale
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LondonTiger
eirebilly
MRW
Smirnoffpriest
GoodinTightSpaces
munkian
overlordofthewest
Liam
Ospreydragon
MarcusHalberstram
Comfort
doctornickolas
kiakahaaotearoa
emack2
blackcanelion
WelshinEdinburgh
Higher_Ground
RuggerBoy
gowershowerpower
gavstar
BigTrevsbigmac
screamingaddabs
RogerLewis
Breadvan
gregortree
Taylorman
offload
SecretFly
rodders
disneychilly
RuggerRadge2611
George Carlin
Looseheaded
dragonbreath
damage_13
glamorganalun
flyhalffactory
tatterd
GunsGerms
Newsilure
BlueNote
samuraidragon
Luckless Pedestrian
ScarletSpiderman
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
aucklandlaurie
AFewTooManyKnocks
Morgannwg
nganboy
TycroesOsprey
gboycottnut
RubyGuby
GavinDragon
Seagultaf
bedfordwelsh
Cyril
Casartelli
jammoboss
mogg
anotherworldofpain
HERSH
Lyn2012
ALPanorak
majesticimperialman
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
86 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Wales v NZ

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 80

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Empty Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

So this week saw the fans calls for players unused the week before who are in form this season answered and we lost to Samoa, we also lost more players to injury.

So what next...?

Wales offered little in impetus yet again. Few of the form players made a difference against Samoa. Wales have to make a massive improvement in every aspect of their game for next weeks match vs the ABs but what are your suggestions...???

Wales team:

Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees, Aaron Jarvis, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, Ryan Jones, Sam Warburton (captain), Toby Faletau

Replacements:

Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Scott Andrews, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, James Hook, Scott Williams

New Zealand team:
Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Daniel Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Luke Romano, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock.

Replacements:
Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Brodie Retallick, Victor Vito, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 19 Nov 2012, 5:03 pm

glamorganalun wrote:How anybody in their right minds would select Preistland at 10 or 15 is beyond me it is not form he is simply not up to the job, he can't think for himself he only paints by numbers, he demonstrated he can't tackle, can't kick out of hand, kicks dead with a four man overlap and can't kick at goal including drop goal, what can he do? all these faults were demonstrated in half of the last game.

No doubt Preistland will play and kick any good ball away to the AB's and we all know what will happen.

The Wales tactics are so predictable, nothing has changed in three years, the Samoan team and Argentina teams knew what Wales were going to do before we did, our coaches are one trick ponies if they can't come up with anything else then cahnges should be made or let the players on the field take over when Plan A does not work.

So are you saying that if Mr G selects Priestland (which he wont IMHO unless Biggar is out, and then he still might pick Hook), then he hasn't a clue.

Alun you say he is not on form and then say he only can listen to orders.............. so if he didnt listen to orders would he then be on form!!?. If he actually didnt listen to his bosses (i.e. the welsh coaches) then the other 14 players who are listening will be totally out of synch with him. He kicked the ball UNDER ORDERS, which on another day might have bounced the right way and he would have be hailed as having great vision, as he said post match he normally under a coach like Nigel Davies would have distributed that along the attacking line usually in the mode of passing... however when you look again at the 3 on 2 and then the 5 on 4 overlaps Wales had more forwards then back in the offensive line, so maybe not a nailed on decision to run rather than kick.

Instead of highlighting one player maybe you should be be looking at the abysmal tackling and turnovers........... the first try saw the welsh scrum half nowhere near the halfback defensive line, leaving a massive hole that the Samoan 8 stroll through and where was your 8 ahhhh yes not behind the halfback channel but as usual around the finges of the loose, and then a pathetic attempt by Jarvis and Cuthbert. The second try saw Beck yet again get turned over too damn easy, then Phillips nowhere near his opposing player and the only line of defence was PRIESTLAND who covered yards to attempt a tackle and almost put Pisi in touch.

5 missed tackles and 8 turnovers tells the real tale of where and when you lost that game.

I dont think Priestland should have started in the first two games, however Howley and Mr G (from afar) selected the 22.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 19 Nov 2012, 5:07 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Flyhalf - you ain't got a scrum half on the bench mate

I know!!! (no I didnt realise really picard )........ so two three options

1. can you bring Shane back
2. can you have 24 players on the day
3. Knoyle on the bench and Williams out
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 19 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

Can we make this game a bit fairer and exchange the likely bench players?

We will start Hore, B.Franks, Cruden, B.Smith, Crockett, Retalick, Thomson (and leave Weepu on the bench), meanwhile, NZ HAVE to bring Tavis Knoyle, Scott Andrews and Rhys Preistland on at 60minutes, with James Hook at FB Whistle
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 19 Nov 2012, 6:30 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Maj, what Morgannwg is saying is that your posts just repeat exactly what everyone else has already said.

You offer nothing new to the thread.

Maybe you should think about giving us something new.

This post offers a lot less to the thread than Maj's one does. There's no need to be rude Maes (that goes for you too Morg).

Pete,

I am just helping Maj out, he takes a lot of flack but has a voracious interest in rugby, Welsh in particular. He does, as Morg constantly highlights, parody what the post above says.

We would like to embrace his ideas and thoughts. Thus my advice was encouraging, not rude...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 19 Nov 2012, 6:32 pm

wales606 wrote:Can we make this game a bit fairer and exchange the likely bench players?

We will start Hore, B.Franks, Cruden, B.Smith, Crockett, Retalick, Thomson (and leave Weepu on the bench), meanwhile, NZ HAVE to bring Tavis Knoyle, Scott Andrews and Rhys Preistland on at 60minutes, with James Hook at FB Whistle

Ha ha ha...!

Wouldnt be surprised if those lads performed really well for the ABs bench, while the kiwis sunk below their expected impact.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Voted for NZ by 50+.

laughing
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:33 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:I was disappointed with quite a few players for Wales, Priestland, Beck (apart from the intercept), Gethin Jenkins, Ryan Jones, Tuperic, Ian Evans, Faletau and Jarvis all could have contributed alot more against a side that were poorer than their previous opponents. Roberts had an outstanding defensive game with some massive hits but he is not there to be the defensive player in midfield, Bradley Davies and Charteris both played well as as aggressive engine room, Halfpenny and Biggar had good games. It was obvious that Priestland was under orders to play a kicking game which is not his forte. Against the ABs........ North must be the first name you would pencil in how can anyone not select him to start

15 Halfpenny
14 Cuthbert
11 North

13 Davies
12 Roberts

10 Biggar
9 Phillips

8 Ryan Jones
7 Warburton
6 Shingler

5 Charteris
4 Davies

3 Lee
2 Rees (C)
1 James

16 Jenkins
17 Owen
18 Jarvis
19 Reed or Tuperic
20 Faletau
21 Hook or Scott Williams
22 Priestland
23 Liam Williams
m nowhere near
I pretty much go with you with the players avialable, we both had the same back row last week, I am not much of a fan of Faletau (poor control at back of scrum and always drops the ball at least once every game under pressure). I doubt Dan will be fit for the AB game but I hope he makes it, all change if he does not.

The only starter I don't agree with your team (against the AB's) is Lee but I would rather him on the bench than Andrews. Regarding the bench Reed ,has been poor this season for the Blues, not sure we need a second row as R Jones could move the if one of the second rows gets injured and Toby can cover Jones. I would have Tipuric to cover for Warbs as he does have a poor record for completing a game. The obvious one for me is Preistland, I would not have have him anywhere near the team, Hook has to cover 10 (he should be on the bench as he is not available for Aust). We also need a scrum half so L Williams need to be replaced by a squad scrum half (I prefer R Rees but not in the squad).

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

I will wait for the the team selection before I post my prediction, whoever plays, Wales to lose by some margin but the margin will be much greater with Preistland at 10 even for half a game.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:02 pm

Wales by 3!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

glamorganalun wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:I was disappointed with quite a few players for Wales, Priestland, Beck (apart from the intercept), Gethin Jenkins, Ryan Jones, Tuperic, Ian Evans, Faletau and Jarvis all could have contributed alot more against a side that were poorer than their previous opponents. Roberts had an outstanding defensive game with some massive hits but he is not there to be the defensive player in midfield, Bradley Davies and Charteris both played well as as aggressive engine room, Halfpenny and Biggar had good games. It was obvious that Priestland was under orders to play a kicking game which is not his forte. Against the ABs........ North must be the first name you would pencil in how can anyone not select him to start

15 Halfpenny
14 Cuthbert
11 North

13 Davies
12 Roberts

10 Biggar
9 Phillips

8 Ryan Jones
7 Warburton
6 Shingler

5 Charteris
4 Davies

3 Lee
2 Rees (C)
1 James

16 Jenkins
17 Owen
18 Jarvis
19 Reed or Tuperic
20 Faletau
21 Hook or Scott Williams
22 Priestland
23 Liam Williams
m nowhere near
I pretty much go with you with the players avialable, we both had the same back row last week, I am not much of a fan of Faletau (poor control at back of scrum and always drops the ball at least once every game under pressure). I doubt Dan will be fit for the AB game but I hope he makes it, all change if he does not.

The only starter I don't agree with your team (against the AB's) is Lee but I would rather him on the bench than Andrews. Regarding the bench Reed ,has been poor this season for the Blues, not sure we need a second row as R Jones could move the if one of the second rows gets injured and Toby can cover Jones. I would have Tipuric to cover for Warbs as he does have a poor record for completing a game. The obvious one for me is Preistland, I would not have have him anywhere near the team, Hook has to cover 10 (he should be on the bench as he is not available for Aust). We also need a scrum half so L Williams need to be replaced by a squad scrum half (I prefer R Rees but not in the squad).

Good call Alun
I thought Jarvis was poor last week, so its six of one and 1/2dozen of the other, but no probs in starting him with Lee on bench. Go with you on Reed (as I havent had anyone telling me he has been good or poor). My original thoughts on Ryan covering lock so agree with no lock cover on bench, and bring in Knoyle, although I wasnt impressed with Phillips tactical and positional awareness. I would like to see Liam Williams (inventiveness and aggression) come on at some stage next weekend.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

I am a big fan of L Williams, he will get his chance (should) against Aust at FB, I don't believe Jarvis should play all four games, I suspect Lee could be on the bench but I fear Andrews will start. I always feel there is a bias in selection toward the Blues players over the last 4 years such as G Williams, G Cooper, T James, D Jones and now S Andrews, only Cooper deserved his place in 2008.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:36 pm

Shuan Edwards on the Samoa match.

Shaun Edwards wrote:

''Personally I felt it was two teams that were pretty equally matched, as they were at the World Cup when we got the better of a one-score game, just like South Africa when they (Samoa) played them as the World Cup.
''On Friday Samoa were a little bit better than at the World Cup because they had the tighthead prop who plays for the champions of France (Toulouse forward Census Johnston) and they had the tighthead prop who plays for the champions of England (Harlequins' James Johnston).
''That's why they have improved while we have slightly come back a bit because of injuries.
''That's why they won a one-score game this time.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

I think Gareth Jenkins is Shaun Edwards PR man thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:50 pm

gboycottnut wrote:Short of not bothering to sending out any players out onto the field and the Welsh coaches just waving the white flag of surrender before the match kicks off, this is what I think Wales should do:- Wales should consider playing 4 fly-halves in their back-line in order to give more options to the team in open play situations. Also as modern international rugby nowdays doesn't place as much emphasis on challenging for lineouts as was the case in the amateur era, I would like to see Wales trying out a lighter pack based on greater mobility (Scotland did this successfully in 1987) with a second row pairing of Ryan Jones and Sam Warburton, and a back row consisting of Turnbull. Faletau and Tipuric. With these 5 back-row players in the same forward pack there will be more chance (in theory) to slow down ball and protect the first and second lines of defense from the dangerous wave after wave of breaks/powerful runs made by the likes of Carter, Savea, Nonu, Smith, Dagg, Jane, McCaw and all the other All Black players that happen to be playing against Wales.

I'll have a pint of whatever you are having

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:58 am

The answer is surely to trust each other, trust their systems, be patient, don't panic and stay focused for 80 minutes. If they don't win then it is simply a matter of being beaten by a better team, no shame in that?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:14 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:The answer is surely to trust each other, trust their systems, be patient, don't panic and stay focused for 80 minutes. If they don't win then it is simply a matter of being beaten by a better team, no shame in that?

Pretty much.

There is no doubting the top quality of this ABs squad.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:22 am

There's only one thing Wales can do in a situation like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hHx7gdN68

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:08 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:The answer is surely to trust each other, trust their systems, be patient, don't panic and stay focused for 80 minutes. If they don't win then it is simply a matter of being beaten by a better team, no shame in that?

But the current 'systems' ask so few questions of whoever we play. In fact it's just the one question, over and over again. They know what's coming.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:10 pm

Team announced.

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues)
14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues)
13. Jonathan Davies (Scarlets)
12. Jamie Roberts (Cardiff Blues)
11. George North (Scarlets)
10. Rhys Priestland (Scarlets)
9. Mike Phillips (Bayonne)

1. Paul James (Bath)
2. Matthew Rees (Scarlets)
3. Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys)
4. Bradley Davies (Cardiff Blues)
5. Luke Charteris (Perpignan)
6. Ryan Jones (Ospreys)
7. Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues
8. Toby Faletau (Newport-Gwent Dragons)

Replacements

16. Ken Owens (Scarlets)
17. Gethin Jenkins (Toulon)
18. Scott Andrews (Cardiff Blues)
19. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets)
20. Justin Tipuric (Ospreys)
21. Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets)
22. James Hook (Perpignan)
23. Scott Williams (Scarlets)

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:15 pm

Good to have JD2 back, but this won't be close. I went for the ABs by 30-40. Could be a lot more, of course.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:42 pm

GATLAND BOYS
So whats the message from Warren Gatland for James Hook specifically, and generally for adventurous inovative "The Welsh Way" play, Beck dropped, Shingler not making the first 15, and Liam Williams not even in the 22

Biggar injured, Priestland playing at his lowest for at least 18 months.......... yet Hook (having alot of posters on here saying he is having a good season in France, lots of games at flyhalf which he and the Welsh public wanted)....... is covering the 15, 13, and 10 positions off the bench as the utility back.

If AWJ and Ian Evans werent injured he probably would have played them in the engine room picard

Warburton, Faletau, Ryan Jones, Jarvis all could justifiably dropped or positionally moved if Mr G really wanted to bring in an open expansive but defensively structured gameplan

8 Ryan Jones
7 Warburton
6 Shingler

10 Hook

Should have started this match when you consider form and how the ABs most likely second and back row are going to line up
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

WALES TEAM: Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees, Aaron Jarvis, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, Ryan Jones, Sam Warburton (Captain), Toby Faletau

REPLACEMENTS: Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Scott Andrews, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, James Hook, Scott Williams

Its not a bad team.

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:59 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:GATLAND BOYS
So whats the message from Warren Gatland for James Hook specifically, and generally for adventurous inovative "The Welsh Way" play, Beck dropped, Shingler not making the first 15, and Liam Williams not even in the 22

Biggar injured, Priestland playing at his lowest for at least 18 months.......... yet Hook (having alot of posters on here saying he is having a good season in France, lots of games at flyhalf which he and the Welsh public wanted)....... is covering the 15, 13, and 10 positions off the bench as the utility back.

If AWJ and Ian Evans werent injured he probably would have played them in the engine room picard

Warburton, Faletau, Ryan Jones, Jarvis all could justifiably dropped or positionally moved if Mr G really wanted to bring in an open expansive but defensively structured gameplan

8 Ryan Jones
7 Warburton
6 Shingler

10 Hook

Should have started this match when you consider form and how the ABs most likely second and back row are going to line up

Again I totally agree with your post, I have now posted my prediction of 50+ now that Preistland as expected been picked at 10, totally daft. Good news JD2 is back.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

Glamorganalun - homefully with Foxy back Rhys Priestland will be more confident shipping the ball on to the backs.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:04 pm

What can they do? Reminds me of a scene I saw:

Melchett: Field Marshal Haig has formulated a brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the field.

Blackadder: Ah. Would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of our trenches and walking very slowly towards the enemy?

Captain Darling: How could you possibly know that, Blackadder? It's classified information!

Blackadder: It's the same plan that we used last time and the seventeen times before that.

Melchett: Exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it! It will catch the watchful Hun totally off guard! Doing precisely what we've done eighteen times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time! There is, however, one small problem.

Blackadder: That everyone always gets slaughtered in the first ten seconds.

Melchett: That's right. And Field Marshal Haig is worried this may be depressing the men a tad. So he's looking for a way to cheer them up.

Blackadder: Well, his resignation and suicide seems the obvious choice.

Parallels between Haig and Howley seem clear.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:06 pm

Guys, why all the pessimism? I don't think the ABs will beat that team by more than 45.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:16 pm

I can't see what Wales can do against such a slick group of players. NZ by 30-40.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:17 pm

I voted NZ by 50+. The glass isn't just half-empty, it's contents are actually poisoned......

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:36 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Glamorganalun - homefully with Foxy back Rhys Priestland will be more confident shipping the ball on to the backs.
There is difference, he like last week and the week before he will be passing to Roberts when he bothers to look before kicking aimlessly for nobody to chase the lost cause as the kick is usually too far.

I hope one of our back row players flatten him in the first minute to give Wales a slim chance.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:37 pm

The glass is clearly empty with dregs sat at the bottom...

But hey I'd drink it!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

Look you lot are better than Italy who lost on a dry track and lovely day (I have the slightly better skin tone now to prove it) by 32. Add that to the rubbish weather and the turf at the MS being an absolute joke, and Wales targetting this game more than any other, and you're looking at a bloody good game.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:42 pm

Wales by 5-10.... I'll explain why on Monday..... Wink ....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:43 pm

I have a feeling the ABs have one of their... well let's say, their more convincingly involved games coming up.

Not because Wales are bad but because ABs regard them as good enough to punish hard. I think a lot of what the ABs do is try to make the sides that have real intentions of beating them suffer the worst for that very belief. It's a psychological thing - beat down serious ambition before it gets a real foothold.

If Wales can match the ABs for some periods of the game, and mimic something of their form from last year, then they might have a chance of toppling them. But I really think the ABs will be coming into this game ready to turn on the after-burners and to keep them burning this time for close to the full 80. They'll show Wales that respect and it's down to will Wales itself be able to live with the pace of that respect?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:44 pm

FHF,

The message is clear. Same gameplan as before. Boshball from the big men in the backline. Up-and-unders from the 10. Keep hammering away up front. JD2 will make a difference, but this is the ABs, for chrissake.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:44 pm

glamorganalun wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Glamorganalun - homefully with Foxy back Rhys Priestland will be more confident shipping the ball on to the backs.
There is difference, he like last week and the week before he will be passing to Roberts when he bothers to look before kicking aimlessly for nobody to chase the lost cause as the kick is usually too far.

I hope one of our back row players flatten him in the first minute to give Wales a slim chance.

Not being disrespectful to Roberts, but is it possible that Rhys doesn't have as much faith in Jamie to put boot to ball tactically, or put in a grubber kick etc. Roberts is no inocent, he has one tactic and that is run in a straight line, which does not really give a fly half the option to use him to relieve pressure.

Althought to be perfectly honest I would rather Wales drop Priestland, take the pasting that is enevitable, and let the Scarlets have Rhys back.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:45 pm

disney

What planet are you on? The first teamers were rested for Italy, the MS turf is far better than previous, and far better than the Stade last week, not to mention the roof being open or closed matter only a small amount because of the enclosed and ealed off nature of the stadium.

Everything points to NZ, except my prediction.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:49 pm

I see there is no Wales vs New Zealand match thread, good because I wouldn't be contributing to it and neither would many Wales fans. So I'll say this here. The selections and tactics have been pathetic during this series, so bad that it is going to be four straight losses, two from four would have been acceptable, three from four great. Zero from four.... I don't know why paying supporters are paying money to watch these 'rugby players' because the majority of them deserve a lot more. It's not even champs to chumps. It's champs to laughing stock after NZ pull off a record-breaking win this saturday. Not a pessimist, just an honest (guy).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:54 pm

Wales team:

Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees, Aaron Jarvis, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, Ryan Jones, Sam Warburton (captain), Toby Faletau

Replacements:

Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Scott Andrews, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, James Hook, Scott Williams

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:56 pm

disneychilly wrote:Look you lot are better than Italy who lost on a dry track and lovely day (I have the slightly better skin tone now to prove it) by 32. Add that to the rubbish weather and the turf at the MS being an absolute joke, and Wales targetting this game more than any other, and you're looking at a bloody good game.

Now matter how much you try and talk the opposition up, we really aren't looking at a good game.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:58 pm

Maes - hersh beat you to it boss.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

It will be closer than anyone here is predicting. Wales will deliver their best performance sine the WC. NZ will snatch victory by no more that 7. At least one of the NZ pack will get a yellow. There will also be as fair bit of niggle and the ref will make a couple of howlers.

PS: I have NOT been for a liquid lunch Very Happy
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:00 pm

offload wrote:It will be closer than anyone here is predicting. Wales will deliver their best performance sine the WC. NZ will snatch victory by no more that 7. At least one of the NZ pack will get a yellow. There will also be as fair bit of niggle and the ref will make a couple of howlers.

PS: I have NOT been for a liquid lunch Very Happy

I think I have to agree with you on this. The cracks will be papered up, and the majority of welsh posters will then be back to our 'we can beat anyone' attitude on here again next week
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:01 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:

Not being disrespectful to Roberts, but is it possible that Rhys doesn't have as much faith in Jamie to put boot to ball tactically, or put in a grubber kick etc. Roberts is no inocent, he has one tactic and that is run in a straight line, which does not really give a fly half the option to use him to relieve pressure.

Althought to be perfectly honest I would rather Wales drop Priestland, take the pasting that is enevitable, and let the Scarlets have Rhys back.

I suspect it is the other way around, his team mates have no faith in Preistland, If Phillips is smart he should miss Preistland out as he is worse than useless on current form. At least Roberts tackles rather than the pathetic attempt last Friday for the Samoan second try.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:03 pm

Phillips miss RP out???

That what we do at every set peice play, Phillips to roberts and RP goes outside for the next phase!!

Lets not be doing that against the kiwis!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

Beware the wounded ANIMAL!! I believe given the past 2 perofmances Wales will come out and play with the anger and venom of a wounded animal - Unfortunately that animal is likely to be a poodle who's perm has been ruffled thumbsup Come on Walesssssssssssssssssssss thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:50 pm

Don't get me wrong I want your predictions to come true in the form of a NZ win, but I get the feeling the players are well up for this game and took their eyes off the ball for the others so far.

I'll believe what you say about the MS turf when I see it. It starts disintegrating whenever the ref blows his whistle for a scrum. Biggest drawback of the stadium from what I've seen.

Davies back is great news for you.

And just because my team plays rugby from another planet to you lot sometimes doesn't give you the right to ask me what planet I'm on myself ok Bluesman? king

Couldn't resist.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:54 pm

Fortunately for Wales Ive found the more talk that goes on during the week before the match that suggests the ABs are going to whitewash the opposition in the way this one seems to be- albeit oddly coming from the Welsh themselves- thats rarely the case.

Ive found both sides do tend to 'listen' or take in the general chatter, perhaps by osmosis alone if not directly, and the game tends to be a stop start affair, one side trying to live up to the hype and perform near perfection, one side trying to get the spanner in there amongst it all.

So I think this will happen this weekend. Only thing is Ive never seen it happen with Wales yet s we've never met them at such a low point.. Its already happened twice this year with the ABs- Ireland second test where Ireland turned on the hits all over the paddock and brissy where ABs were so out of sorts with the draw.

So who knows...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:57 pm

Hope you're right, Ruby. This is one of the strongest, fastest, most creative and dynamic AB teams I've ever seen; we are badly misfiring and picking out of form players; the gameplan is all wrong, but we are probably persisting with it; there are significant weaknesses in the front row and halfback, and we only have two international-class locks who are fit.

COME ON, WALES (but I backed the 30-40 points differential).

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:58 pm

Taylorman - we jest in the main - I think it will be a decent game with a 10-15 point win for NZ - If we can stay in the game and get among them then I actually believe we have a chance. We must not throw the ball about with abandon though and need to play a structured game with good ball retention being key. Gatland is back and I'm expecting a good performance from a decent looking side. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:59 pm

disneychilly wrote:I'll believe what you say about the MS turf when I see it. It starts disintegrating whenever the ref blows his whistle for a scrum. Biggest drawback of the stadium from what I've seen.

Agreed. We have never got this right. The turf has been useless since the place opened.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next