The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LV= Cup Round 2- Quins vs Bath at the Stoop

+5
Poorfour
logansrun38
LeinsterFan4life
propdavid_london
ChequeredJersey
9 posters

Go down

LV= Cup Round 2- Quins vs Bath at the Stoop Empty LV= Cup Round 2- Quins vs Bath at the Stoop

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:10 pm

http://www.quins.co.uk/rugby/6676.php

Harlequins have announced the team that will face Bath Rugby in round two of the LV= Cup at the Twickenham Stoop on Friday evening, kick off 7.45pm.

There are four changes to the starting line-up that defeated Northampton Saints, Tom Williams is named at full-back, while Jordan Turner-Hall and George Lowe return from knee and ankle injuries respectively to partner in the centres.

In the forwards, one change is made in the front row as hooker Joe Gray starts. Open side flanker Luke Wallace retains the captaincy.

Tom Casson is named among the replacements after recovering from a head injury picked up during the Gloucester fixture.

Tickets are still available for tomorrow's clash and can be purchased by calling 0208 410 6000 or by clicking here

Harlequins Team

15. Tom Williams
14. Seb Stegmann
13. George Lowe
12. Jordan Turner-Hall
11. Sam Smith
10. Ben Botica
9. Karl Dickson

1. Mark Lambert
2. Joe Gray
3. Will Collier
4. Pete Browne
5. Charlie Matthews
6. Joe Trayfoot
7. Luke Wallace (C)
8. Tom Guest

16. Rob Buchanan
17. Darryl Marfo
18. Kyle Sinckler
19. Sam Twomey
20. Jack Clifford
21. Ollie Lindsay-Hague
22. Louis Grimoldby
23. Tom Casson

http://www.bathrugby.com/news/match-news/bath-rugby-ready-for-quins-test

Bath Rugby ready for Quins test

A mix of youth and experience will run out for Bath Rugby at the Twickenham Stoop tomorrow night as they take on Harlequins in Round Two of the LV= Cup (kick-off 19.45).

Lee Mears will captain the side at hooker, with Charlie Beech and Anthony Perenise either side of him in the front row. Dominic Day and Dave Attwood renew their second-row partnership, whilst Academy back-row Will Skuse and Guy Mercer are joined by Simon Taylor at the back of the scrum.

Academy scrum-half Chris Cook forges a new half-back partnership with Stephen Donald as Tom Biggs and Kyle Eastmond come back onto the wings. Ben Williams starts at inside centre with Matt Banahan moving to the outside centre berth, as 19 year old Ollie Devoto lines-up at fullback.

Double try-scorer against Newport Gwent Dragons Semesa Rokoduguni is named amongst the replacements, as is young fly-half Tom Heathcote who added 21 points from the boot in the 36-15 victory at the Recreation Ground.

Also on the bench is prop Alan Cotter, on loan from Munster, and Michael Claassens, who is in line to make his 150th appearance in the Bath jersey if he's called upon.

Bath Rugby team to face Harlequins

15 Ollie Devoto

14 Kyle Eastmond

13 Matt Banahan

12 Ben Williams

11 Tom Biggs

10 Stephen Donald

9 Chris Cook

1 Charlie Beech

2 Lee Mears ( c )

3 Anthony Perenise

4 Dominic Day

5 Dave Attwood

6 Will Skuse

7 Guy Mercer

8 Simon Taylor

Replacements

16 Brett Sharman

17 Alan Cotter

18 Kane Palma-Newport

19 Ryan Caldwell

20 Josh Ovens

21 Michael Claassens

22 Tom Heathcote

23 Semesa Rokoduguni
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

LV= Cup Round 2- Quins vs Bath at the Stoop Empty Re: LV= Cup Round 2- Quins vs Bath at the Stoop

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:11 pm

I feel we've put out too strong/established a team here. Though I think we are getting JTH and Lowe back to full fitness
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

LV= Cup Round 2- Quins vs Bath at the Stoop Empty Re: LV= Cup Round 2- Quins vs Bath at the Stoop

Post by propdavid_london Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:47 pm

No Rory Clegg. Grimoldby to cover 10.
Heck, Bath have got a strong team out!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:51 pm

Good to see Caldwell back.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

Clegg is injured

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 15 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

Unusually strong teams from both sides for an LV= game - but the return match at the Rec a week later is an AP game, so there may be some element of both DoRs wanting to put a marker down.

On the other hand... I'm not sure who Bath have rested for this one, but the list of Quins players who are fit, available and not on the teamsheet includes Robson, Kohn, Easter, Evans, Monye and Hopper.

Assuming no new injuries, I'd expect Quins to put out a side for Friday week that's only appreciably weaker than the First XV in the front row (and in captaincy).
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

Very strong looking team, good to see a few key players rested and some youngsters getting plenty of game time.

Really pleased to see Lowe back playing, lets hope he comes through unscathed.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:58 am

I can understand why Bath have put such a strong side out, as this really will be their only route into the HC Wink Run

2 very strong sides which should make for a great game. It's a shame this match isn't being televised. Even though Bath are closer to their first team than Quins I can see the home advantage giving Quins the game.

As Quins are in the same group as Glaws in the LV I really should be wanting them to lose, but I just can't bring myself to cheer for Bath censored
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:16 pm

Good old predictable HKC, you know what you're getting with him

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:30 pm

Bathite wrote:Good old predictable HKC, you know what you're getting with him

How did you know my nickname was Ronseal?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 16 Nov 2012, 1:06 pm

I've heard you called many things, but that's a new one on me! Wink

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 16 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

Bathite wrote:I've heard you called many things, but that's a new one on me! Wink

I'll offer the best I can. good luck tonight, I hope Bath have an injury free no score draw OK
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

Quins 21 - bath 12

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 16 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm

7 penalties to 4.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:26 pm

WE'll take that win. Nice to see Grimoldsy taking his kicks on his debut at 18 and Sinckler getting some game time
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:30 pm

Grimboldy got about 20 mins so a pretty good run, good to see Lowe get through 50 mins as well.

Quins going well so far although I still don't really understand the format of the comp!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:41 pm

We are paired with another pool, we play all the teams in that other pool (means each Welsh team has to play another Welsh team) and we aim to do better against the opposition that the other teams in our pool do. The winners in the pools procede to SFs ranked on performance with 1st playing 4th etc then there is a final
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 19 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm

I hate the LV format - I'd rather just play the teams in the same pool as eachother.

This way you could find 2 teams in the same pool all winning their games but one of them not going through on the points differece. And another pool winner thats lost 2 games that still qualifies.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down