The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey

+26
Mick(TEFC)
Ozzy3213
Hookisms and Hyperbole
RubyGuby
MBTGOG
Artful_Dodger
Mrs Penfro
WillyGilly
Cari
PenfroPete
Gibson
Notch
rodders
perthshirepuma
littleswannygirl
Pal Joey
eirebilly
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
PJHolybloke
Biltong
ChequeredJersey
MrsP
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 am

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to the island of Jersey, where the newly promoted hme side is off the bottom of the Championship.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Glen Jackson, Dan Parks and Matt Banahan above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub:
https://www.606v2.com/t36603-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-la-botticella-pub-rome#1640787

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 am

Mark Watson is about as Welsh as Aaron Shingler!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 am

Apparently he is born in Bristol to Welsh parents but used to put on a Welsh accent for gigs as he felt more comfortable in a voice he didn't recognise as his own. He no longer does this
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 am

That's what I mean!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am

Oh Dear!

Ulster are down to one fit lock!

Shocked

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 am

It is Watson, skinny guy with Glasses.

He starts telling you a stroy but then gets himslef hilariously off track.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:14 am

Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual La Botticella Pub, Rome.
by prop_lyd Today at 8:56 pm

.Glas: that's what I like to hear!! We're looking after Big Ben too!!

Ah PJ, I'm sure you'll get a win soon.....it's the l.v cup next and even we've won that.

Reet then whipper-snapper, get thee Glaws medals on t'table, it's abaht time thee learnt theeself a lesson. All that there book larnin has fuddled thee brain lad.

Bath Rugby: Honours.

Heineken Cup
Winners (1) 1997/98

European Challenge Cup
Winners (1) 2007/08

English Premiership (Courage League / Zurich Premiership)Winners (6) 1988/89, 1990/91, 1991/92, 1992/93, 1993/94, 1995/96.

John Player Cup / Pilkington Cup
Winners (10) 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996.

Nah that's 'istory lad, thee can't take that away wi' that there new-fangled atmosphere twaddle.

Nah then, where's me Hovis? Headscratch
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 am

Biltong wrote:It is Watson, skinny guy with Glasses.

He starts telling you a stroy but then gets himslef hilariously off track.

It's definitely Matt Stevens, he tells some absolute corkers. Laugh
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

Living in the 90's PJ!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

Has he told the one where he was an international standard scrummaging prop yet?

(jk, don't want to be too harsh on the man)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

Do Bath have a big following in Yorkshire?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 am

Oh, and I've just noticed we're in Jersey so how about a picture of The Jersey Juggernaught, Matt Banahan? OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:19 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Has he told the one where he was an international standard scrummaging prop yet?

(jk, don't want to be too harsh on the man)

apparently you'd turn your nose up at some of his jokes.........not to be sniffed at.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 am

MrsP wrote:Do Bath have a big following in Yorkshire?

Laugh No MrsP, Glas popped up with the Hovis analogy the other night whilst I was reminiscing about something or other, so I've adopted it as my nostalgic vernacular. OK

CJ, he told some absolute screamers while he was at Bath, along with others who have never been man enough to admit their guilt and will therefore remain nameless...

But, fair play to the man, he's done his time, sorted himself out and good luck to him, but Jika-Jika is off-limits for me and many others, a shame for Mears, but that's the way it is.

EDIT, just read Prop's comments... there you have it. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 am

PJHolybloke wrote:

EDIT, just read Prop's comments... there you have it. OK

Is this to the little Stevens jibe (fair play to him for coming back and playing pro again) or to the 90's remark?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 am

Very Happy To the Stevens' jibes bud, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned, he disgraced the club (not on his own, it has to be said) and although the generally accepted version of events, are that he came clean, he told some tall old stories and lied through his hind ones before he finally coughed under duress.

He has turned himself around and he should feel good about himself and be respected for his efforts to take control of his life. He's done well and should be considered as an excellent role model for addicts looking for a way out, however, his actions lead to Bath being laughed at, becoming the butt of many jokes (fair game though, I can't complain) and for that, and that alone, I'll never forgive him.

As for the 90's? Well, whatever games you win against Bath wont take away the history, that's been earnt and banked, credit where credit is due, eh? Hug
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:48 am

PJHolybloke wrote: Very Happy To the Stevens' jibes bud, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned, he disgraced the club (not on his own, it has to be said) and although the generally accepted version of events, are that he came clean, he told some tall old stories and lied through his hind ones before he finally coughed under duress.

He has turned himself around and he should feel good about himself and be respected for his efforts to take control of his life. He's done well and should be considered as an excellent role model for addicts looking for a way out, however, his actions lead to Bath being laughed at, becoming the butt of many jokes (fair game though, I can't complain) and for that, and that alone, I'll never forgive him.

As for the 90's? Well, whatever games you win against Bath wont take away the history, that's been earnt and banked, credit where credit is due, eh? Hug

My Dad says this a lot. I think I was about 18 before I realised he wasn't saying,

"Credit with credit stew!"

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 am

Just this once I'll give you a Hug seeing as you lost today.....chin up fella...at least you don't follow Sale or Irish Wink
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 am

Very Happy Credit stew?!

Would that be a casserole made with borrowed meat?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 am

Blimey PJ, I bet Tiggers wish they had Bath's consistency in finals.

Whistle

8 Prem finals on the bounce for Tiggers and they've only nailed 3. 2 HC finals in the last 4 years and failed both times.

They are without doubt the most consistent English club in the league, but they don't seem to have a different way of operating when it comes to finals.

By that I mean an inability to react when their juggernaut pack gets taken out of the game by smarter teams stretching them.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 am

I never quite figured that one out PJ. And, since that wasn't actually what my Dad was saying there is no-one to tell me what it was!

Was quite confusing I must say!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:02 am

Right time to hit the sack..........nos da pawb.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 am

MrsP wrote:I never quite figured that one out PJ. And, since that wasn't actually what my Dad was saying there is no-one to tell me what it was!

It's like those songs where people mistake the lyrics for something completely different, a friend of mine always thought Hot Chocolate were singing "I believe in milko, till you came along..." until I corrected him.

In much the same manner as you might have thought WTF is Credit Stew? I asked him "WTF did you think "milko" was anyway?"

He said, "I thought it was like a banjo, but a drink."

I was so fascinated by that, I sing along to the song using his "original" lyrics to this day.

So, who's the weirdo there? Laugh
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 am

prop_lyd wrote:Right time to hit the sack..........nos da pawb.

Nos da big lad.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey Smiley-sleep017
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 am

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Blimey PJ, I bet Tiggers wish they had Bath's consistency in finals.

Whistle

8 Prem finals on the bounce for Tiggers and they've only nailed 3. 2 HC finals in the last 4 years and failed both times.

They are without doubt the most consistent English club in the league, but they don't seem to have a different way of operating when it comes to finals.

By that I mean an inability to react when their juggernaut pack gets taken out of the game by smarter teams stretching them.

It is looking a bit bleak for Tiggers Hound, they just don't have that aura of invincibility around them any more, it used to be that a trip to WR was a damage limitation excercise, but I get the feeling now that teams go there looking for the smash and grab, like a 23 man ram-raid. Very Happy

(Calm down Glas, it's a townie thing, no sheep were harmed in the making of that expression)

I think when any team becomes consistent, other teams look at them and think they are always in with a chance in a one-off final.

Where Bath were concerned in the 80's and 90's. they did have some fantastic players, but in all fairness, they were by far and away the most "professional" amateur club, whereas they now appear to be the exact opposite. I also think Bath benefitted massively by regularly playing the big Welsh clubs. When it came down to the first structured domestic leagues, they were able to put together a hybrid gameplan of up front domination with blistering back play, against other English clubs that had little to offer beyond the 10 man game.

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 am

PJHolybloke wrote:
MrsP wrote:I never quite figured that one out PJ. And, since that wasn't actually what my Dad was saying there is no-one to tell me what it was!

It's like those songs where people mistake the lyrics for something completely different, a friend of mine always thought Hot Chocolate were singing "I believe in milko, till you came along..." until I corrected him.

In much the same manner as you might have thought WTF is Credit Stew? I asked him "WTF did you think "milko" was anyway?"

He said, "I thought it was like a banjo, but a drink."

I was so fascinated by that, I sing along to the song using his "original" lyrics to this day.

So, who's the weirdo there? Laugh

In 1980 I was convinced that Peter Gabriel was singing,

"She's so popular"

I cannot express the sense of bewildered disappointment I felt on discovering that he was actually singing about It's a Knockout!!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:34 pm

jane plays with Willy,
Willy's happy again...

Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Wonder how Hughie's date went?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Bore da pawb / good morning all, I'll get the kettle on.

Remember that song, 'How Bizarre'? I used to think he was singing, 'how was I'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Ypu must have thpught "Look mate, no wonder your girlfriend dumped you if she had to do the X factor judges bit after each 'performance'...plus you have a really irritating voice..."
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:57 pm

My youngest brother-in-law always gets lyrics wrong. My sister told me once that they were driving along and 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' came on the radio; in the version he sang, the opening line was, 'the road is lost, with many a winding sun...'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:03 pm

That's an improvement.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Of course there is my, now infamous, misspelling of one of the lines from the Simon and Garfunkel classic, "There must be 50 Ways to leave your lover" which had poor Lee taking the rather extreme "way" by throwing himself off the docks!

picard

Morning all.

Back to school today.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Jersey 767733566

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:11 pm

When I was younger, I thought vocals was a musical instrument, which makes sense when they say on the album sleeve, 'so and so: guitar, piano, vocals'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:12 pm

MrsP, my sister's a teaching assistant and she put on Facebook yesterday, 'how am I going to get myself out of bed at 7 tomorrow morning?' I leave for work at 7, but I didn't say anything.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Morning all. Bit of a tough day for me. I have to write a eulogy for my father who died on Saturday Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Sad best of luck Billy
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Billy!

Hug

So sorry to hear that.

I'm sure you will make an excellent job of an extremely difficult task.

rose

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks. Heart attack got him.

Its the hardest thing i have ever had to write. Only 61 as well.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm

eirebilly wrote:Morning all. Bit of a tough day for me. I have to write a eulogy for my father who died on Saturday Sad

Billy, so sorry to hear the news. Sad
My deepest sympathies and thoughts are with you and your family.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Billy, that's so sad to hear. Just remember the good. I'm sure you'll do a great job. Hug

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, i appreciate it.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Alec, sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost mine not so long ago whilst I was I was in hospital, I never had the opportunity to say goodbye at the funeral, only went to his grave about a month after.

It's hard to lose parent, like I said to my Son then , he'll be waiting for you.

My thoughts are with you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 pm

The other thing to remember is that he lives on in you.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks lads. Going to be one hell of a knees up on Wednesday. Got to send him off the way he wanted Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm

guinness from me.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:19 pm

Hug billy.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Oh god Billy, I am so sorry! Hug
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:57 pm

My deepest sympathy, Billy. Losing a parent is an awful experience. Hug

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Aw gees Billy very sorry to hear that mate. Sincere condolences. Best wishes to you and your family guinness .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next