The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clothing for golf... what brands do you like?

+16
shudofhita4iron
HiGun
lorus59
Shotrock
golfermartin
kwinigolfer
Doon the Water
SmithersJones
barragan
Diggers
Roller_Coaster
incontinentia
Sand
hend085
super_realist
raycastleunited
20 posters

Go down

Clothing for golf... what brands do you like

Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap10%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 7 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap10%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 7 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap3%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap3%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap6%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap6%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap1%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap8%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap8%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap0%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap13%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 9 ]
[ 4 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap1%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_lcap7%Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 72

Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Empty Clothing for golf... what brands do you like?

Post by raycastleunited Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 am

Following on from the Rory moving to Nike thread, what brands do you like to wear? I'm not talking about equipment or shoes, just clothes, or "apparel" as the marketeers like to say.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Empty Re: Clothing for golf... what brands do you like?

Post by raycastleunited Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 am

I've successfully been able to negotiate endorsement deals with multiple brands, but most of my stuff is Adidas, Puma, Nike and Lindeberg. I guess the fact that I am still able to go running and play football means I prefer the more athletic look.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Clothing for golf... what brands do you like? Empty Re: Clothing for golf... what brands do you like?

Post by super_realist Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am

I presume Shane Lowry requires something with an elasticated waistband and a manufacturer does shirts in XXXL.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

just checked the lindeberg stuff online. ridiculous prices!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 am

Yup find the price of Lindeberg a joke too...

Most of my stuff is Adidas, Nike or Oscar Jacobson.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am

super_realist wrote:I presume Shane Lowry requires something with an elasticated waistband and a manufacturer does shirts in XXXL.
no, he gets his gear from jacamo golf.

I love lacoste jumpers/polo shirts, but not the hefty price tag.

Loudmouth gear is interesting, love to stride the fairways in those trousers if only for shock value.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:58 am

I had a deal with Titleist/FJ etc but I've just split from them. I'm thinking of trying a different manufacturer, possibly Nike. What do you guys think...

Run

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm

So a pair of strides, a t shirt and a jumper...not really just golf gear...more just clothes.
Why isn't M&S on the list ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 pm

don't think i own a single item of 'golf' clothing (excluding shoes and gloves of course). for that matter, i think the only items of 'branded' clothing i have are a berghaus fleece and jacket.

can't understand why i'm not rolling in it... i don't smoke, don't drink, don't have a hefty sky subscription, don't buy designer clothing...i drive a vauxhall Run
come to think of it, the guys i worked with at the car wash for a few months recently had all these things despite us all being on minimum wage...how does that work Erm

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Why isn't IJP on the list? Whistle
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 pm

barragan wrote:don't think i own a single item of 'golf' clothing (excluding shoes and gloves of course). for that matter, i think the only items of 'branded' clothing i have are a berghaus fleece and jacket.

can't understand why i'm not rolling in it... i don't smoke, don't drink, don't have a hefty sky subscription, don't buy designer clothing...i drive a vauxhall Run
come to think of it, the guys i worked with at the car wash for a few months recently had all these things despite us all being on minimum wage...how does that work Erm

Maybe they don't spend all their time on an internet golf forum? Laugh Run

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Mods

How can I edit the poll to include M&S and IJP?

I thought I had covered most obvious options, I even included charity shop for Mac!

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:27 pm

currently i only average 2.08 posts a day ray so i have no idea what you're talking about Laugh
well, thats my 2 posts for today, i'm Run !

p.s 2 options added to poll as requested

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 pm

super_realist wrote:I presume Shane Lowry requires something with an elasticated waistband and a manufacturer does shirts in XXXL.

He would have no problem wearing any of the Callaway clothes. Whenever I have tried a top it feels like I am in a tent. I guess most brand manufacture their shirts in China predominantly for the US market, so are quite "generous".

Adidas is the way forward for fitting. I like their slim-fit range, but they also do a "relaxed fit" range, which is a very tactful way of describing "fat b@stard fit".

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Strange that I am small in calloway sizing, medium in Ashworth and large in M&S

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Never buy anything "made in China", and prefer discreet logoes, but have a couple of nice Callaway shirts, really prefer Ashworth, most of whose stuff is sufficiently well tailored to look smart/casual in any setting.

Used to love Oscar Jacobsen strides when I could get them, otherwise never wear "golf" trousers or shorts - just whatever is comfortable.

Am fortunately not yet ready for "fat ba5tard" sizes.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Sorry to be thick - what's IJP??

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Ian James Poulter, Diggers favourite brand.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Oh - thanks Super. I'm most definitely in the "haven't got a clue who makes them, I just wear them" camp. But nothing I have is expensive so I suspect I should tick "other".

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:11 pm

One of the more popular brands I've seen in the states is Peter Millar. http://www.petermillar.com/men/men-collections/golf.html

That and "Donald Ross" brand most common in my club's pro shop. Who knows which "brand" owns what anymore?

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 pm

super_realist wrote:Ian James Poulter, Diggers favourite brand.

One word, spats, enough said.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Whatever is clean and has a collar.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by HiGun Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Ralph Lauren polo shirts are my favourite, not the ones Luke D promotes they're to tight.

Under Armour stuff is great and reasonably priced. The trousers are a great fit!

I did like Hugo Boss green label but it is now really expensive and the fit and quality are'nt as good.

Galvin Green make great water proofs and wind tops but there polos are made for stick insects!!

HiGun

Back to top Go down

Post by shudofhita4iron Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm

lyle and scott make some nice gear probably my fave at the moment

have brought some lindeberg in the past till my wife shrunk my new jumper,couldnt even say anything to her because id still be doing my own washing now

shudofhita4iron

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Washing??? I have a magic basket - dirty clothing goes in and it appears clean and ironed back in the wardrobe! (And my wife knows I call it that)

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Under Armour and Puma for me (usually end of line prices!), I would wear high street clothinng mainly as golf clothing is stupidly expensive.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:54 am

oh dear, not including socks I have exactly 100 items of golf clothing.
Nike by far the most common (24 items) others being Stromberg 8, Adidas, Boss & Galvin Green on 6 each. Only got 3 under Armour shirts but they tend to be my favourites. Another one I didn't know I had was Marabas until I checked the labels (Open Championship branded shirts)

You can just tell that golf has been rained off this morning and I'd nothing better to do :-/

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 am

I don't think I've got 100 items of clothing, never mind golf clothing.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 am

M&S far and away the best for shirts, trousers and jumpers. Better quality, more reliable and good on price etc etc etc. but if you want a little logo to feel make you feel special............!!!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Am not particularly precious about branding for golf attire, and have a number of items falling under the choices. Stromberg has also been mentioned in the discussion - I have a pair of their trousers. Also one or two bits of Pringle kit.

Going down the high street, there's a brand called Maine New England who also do some reasonable golf wear - I bought a couple of jackets from Debenhams when they were on sale a while back. Generally wear a lot of M&S stuff for work and leisure and will probably continue to do so, but I think they've stopped doing their own line of golf-specific articles (whereas they'd previously had licensing deals with the PGA Tour and Ernie Els in the last few years).

Came across a store whilst in the US earlier this year called Izod. Just the very idea of a chain of golf clothing stores located in mainstream malls caught my attention. Their stuff seemed pretty good too from browsing in the shop, although I didn't end up buying anything for myself (only a gift for someone else).

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Skydriver wrote:Came across a store whilst in the US earlier this year called Izod. Just the very idea of a chain of golf clothing stores located in mainstream malls caught my attention. Their stuff seemed pretty good too from browsing in the shop, although I didn't end up buying anything for myself (only a gift for someone else).

I think Izod a brand name of Lacoste

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down