The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the Rabo should submit to the ERC

4 posters

Go down

What the Rabo should submit to the ERC Empty What the Rabo should submit to the ERC

Post by Brendan Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

The Rabo should do the following

#1 Tell the ERC that they only want the Amlin and HC and nothing else run by the ERC

The only teams in this would be from the 3 leagues so 38 teams plus 2 other teams from outside the 6 nations (most likely Romania as they have been there since the start) which would be as follows

HC 20
Amlin 20

five groups of 4 played home and away and the 1st from each group goes through with the 3 best runner ups going through.

The five bottom teams get relegated from the HC and the top team from each Amlin group goes up for the next year.

You put in a limit as the the minium number of teams per country in the HC

For the Amlin you can have either the same format as the HC or you can drop down the other two second placed teams and have the best runner up from the Amlin as well.

So what about the third tier that he French and English want and to an extent us fans want as well.

#2 The rabo unions pull out of the B&I cup and create the Euro regional league aka the Rabo second division

You would have 6-8 regions

Region 1
Ireland, Wales, Scotland (current B&I teams if unions want) 12-16 teams 3-4 groups of 4
3 teams to Euro league

Region 2
Spain, Portugal, Italy 8-12 teams 2-3 groups of 4
2 teams to Euro league

Region 3
Rominia, Poland, Ukaine 8 teams
3 teams

Region 5
Germany, Belgium, Netherlands 6 teams
1 team

Region 6
Russia
3 teams

Region 7
Georgia
3 teams

Each region is allocated places between 1-3 depending on strenght
Four groups of Four with the top team going to a semi and final.
The highest two teams in the competion get the two spots in the Amlin (exculding region 1 teams)

Funding would come in part from the IRB and ERC as it would be developing Europe.

#3 once the Euro league becomes strong enough we can build it into a division 2 of the Rabo league

#4 Once the countries become strong we will be the Euro league and the T14 and Prem will be the small league

I woul like feedback from both rabo and other fans

Brendan

Back to top Go down

What the Rabo should submit to the ERC Empty Re: What the Rabo should submit to the ERC

Post by Kingshu Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

Personally don't agree with any of it.

1) Thier should be a 3rd tier cup run by ERC, with funds coming from H-cup, to promote Rugby in other countries, Either 3rd tier cup of expand h-cup to 32 teams and have it as 2nd tier, but in essence these smaller countires need a competative cup comp funded by ERC.

2) no expansion of Pro 12 - no second division - would any of the current Unions risk losing a team from top flight to be replaced by a Romianian side? Unions won't ever go for this. Instead the ERC and IRB Promote rugby in these areas and look at creating a 4th league in Europe, not a 2nd division Pro 12.

Think that the Pro 12's 32 team proposial would be something like 8 groups of 4 (32 teams, 10 Pro 12 10 Aviva and 12 top 14) top 2 in each group go into a knock out cup, (top of group one home to 2nd in group 8). 3rd and forth in each group go into a shield, 3rd in group one home to 4th in group 8.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

What the Rabo should submit to the ERC Empty Re: What the Rabo should submit to the ERC

Post by Brendan Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

I don't like the 32 team league as its too weak in the opening groups

The funding would still come from the ERC/IRB but be run by the Rabo.

The Rabo is the way forward and why not have control of it then hand it over to England and France

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm

What are you on about Breadvan? Shocked

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:29 pm

Brendan,

When you suggest 6 teams from Germany, Belgium, Netherlands; 8 teams from Ukraine, Poland etc. are these just figures plucked from the sky? Or are they based on something more concrete.

I really don't like this second division Rabo thing with teams there for the sake of it.

To be honest the whole thing looks extremely over complicated. I don't see where it benefits the Rabo teams nor do I see how/why it is something the French/English will be eager to agree to.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:39 pm

HERSH wrote:What are you on about Breadvan? Shocked

I am about getting my league and as a result my team and country a better place to grow in strenght and wealth like any fan.

Stag I have based the firgures on representive teams. Romania has rempresentive teams as it is. The stronger the nation the better the teams. Poorer countries should be able to get two teams as it is the only way to grow the rugby.

Realistically they next lot of countries are

Georgia&Russia - have their own league and just need to be feed into the Euro league
Rominia can enter regional teams but also have a strong enough league compared to other lower leagues.
Italy have the super 10s but are not up to the standard of the amlin as they don't try.

Spain, Portugal, Germany and Ukaine are all yoyo countries who have some strenght in depth.
They can afford to but 2 teams together for 6 games a year and playing aginst local teams as opposed to going away to the other side of europe.

The French and English don't really want the other nations they just want the Amlin to seem better so if it is the middle standard competition it is automatically better by default

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down