The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS

+22
seanmichaels
Sgt_Pooly
Cryptoyourisan
Toadfish
glamorganalun
Seagultaf
gregortree
OzT
BamBam
maestegmafia
Notch
RuggerRadge2611
Pal Joey
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
whocares
Avalon
rodders
doctornickolas
Rava
red_stag
HERSH
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wilko for the Lions

Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS - Page 3 Vote_lcap54%Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS - Page 3 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 28 ]
Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS - Page 3 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 52

Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS - Page 3 Empty Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS

Post by HERSH Mon 22 Oct 2012, 9:44 am

First topic message reminder :

After yesterday and previous form his shown this season and 'if' his fit then he'll be on the plane IMHO, maybe as cover and the midweek squad but he'll be there.

Still a class act when he has quality players around him, and his in a different league to all the other NH No10s.

WORLD CLASS. Yahoo

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

I having a feeling it will be Sexton, Flood and Hook.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS - Page 3 Empty Re: Wilko for the British & Irish LIONS

Post by HERSH Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:12 pm

Gatland struggles to find a place for Hook in the Welsh team let a lone the Lions.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

It's a squad not the team.

Hook will be a handy bench option as he covers a number of positions to high standard.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:22 pm

It is a squad and he can take as many players as he wants so Hook will go but I don't see him as cover for the 3rd choice No10 spot.

I like Hook but he does make stupid errors and the Aussies fans know that and will be on his back from the moment he steps on the pitch.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:27 pm

Wilko has given this board topic a good run for its money, so could be onto something there.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 24 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

It seems most people are commenting on his form having seen one, possibly 2 games, perhaps? Some fairly forthright views given that fact. I thought he was ok on Sunday but it is the worst I've seen him this season.

Toulon have lost 1 game this season, the game he was rested. I think most French rugby followers would suggest that rather than enjoying an easy ride and looking good amongst all the other world class players around him, he is the one digging out results for Toulon when things aren't going so well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:17 pm

I have not thead this thread but really? Wilko is yesterdays man, has was never that good and he is not the man for this job.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

TJ wrote: has was never that good and he is not the man for this job.

Well constructed backed up argument as ever there WUM ... i mean TJ.

He's considered the best in the world both past and up there present. His performance this season has been exceptional in France, and that's in exceptional company. With his currant form he'd be well in place for a position, you're obviously watching a different sport if you think otherwise, that or you're just in denial.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:43 pm

Wilkinson was without doubt one of the best FH's about at one stage but that just isn't the case anymore. I really don't understand how people think he is tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 24 Oct 2012, 10:06 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Wilkinson was without doubt one of the best FH's about at one stage but that just isn't the case anymore. I really don't understand how people think he is tbh.

Probably because you're welsh. Takes a while to grow out of. It will happen though Very Happy

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 24 Oct 2012, 10:14 pm

I'm Welsh because I don't think Wilkinson is world class?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Thu 25 Oct 2012, 3:18 am

If Wilkinson is picked at 10 it will be because Sexton is injured and there is no better option

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 6:48 am

So you still think he is 2nd in line then, mowgli?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:14 am

right now he is but Flood was superb v Ospreys...in my view it will be Sexton and Flood fighting for it, knowing Gatland as i do his references to Jonny could just be an early WUM for the Aussies who truly fear JW

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:20 am

Not really. That's a figment of yours and Gatland's imagination. He was a great player (and still is very reliable I hear) but he is certainly nothing to fear from either an Australia player, management or spectator p.o.v.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:25 am

course he isn't, you keep telling yourself that kiddo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-OhYAtK6to

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:33 am

At present on current form I'd say he has a chance and I'm sure Gatland will be watching him perform in the HC and Top14 with great interest.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:34 am

You're seriously deluded mowgli.

England win by a point or three... 10 years ago and you're still banging on about it like it was yesterday. Well guess what, we've won 2 RWCs and have the superior record over England. Why would 'fear' come into the equation? It'd like me saying England have a fear of playing in Brisbane because they lost 76-0 there.

It's the other way round actually. England always fear Australia more in sports like rugby and cricket. You keep on and on about us - it's as if you are paranoid about us (or simply want to be like us. Take your pick). It's hilarious but I won't try and stop your obsession, boy.

However all that aside this is about the mighty Lions isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RdIxtwklJc

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:44 am

I don't think we fear Aus in any sport linebreaker to be honest. Aus are not the force they once were in the cricket (proven by humping you in your back yard) and we've turned you over in the rugby home and away in the last few years also.

Agree on your point reference JW though. It's only English fans living in the past that think the big 3 are terrified of Johnny's boot. I think they'd be quite happy to see him on a team sheet as they know they won't be much running threat from the 10 channel.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:50 am

oh dear oh dear, clearly it still rankles....stop taking yourself so seriously...hardly banging on about it old boy and no i dont want to be like you at all laughing

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:50 am

You seem to forget how many times you've been humped by Australia though, don't you, Pooly?

And also how very, very long it was between winning an Ashes series in Australia... 24 years wasn't it?

Also, what reigning No.1 side loses a Test series 3-0? Only England, my friend.
Oh, how the 'mighty' have fallen. Quicker than India even. Excellent! OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:52 am

mowgli wrote:oh dear oh dear, clearly it still rankles....stop taking yourself so seriously...hardly banging on about it old boy and no i dont want to be like you at all laughing

Just refreshing your sieve-like memory, Mr Night Owl. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:55 am

Going by the last 10 years in england the score is 3-3 at Twickenham.

I would suggest there is a healthy respect between the two teams.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:56 am

Linebreaker.....that comment sounds just as deluded as the posters who think Aus fear Wilko.

We seriously don't fear Aus in any sport like we used too, in fact we love playing you boys as it's a banker win Very Happy

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:57 am

SA & NZ are a different matter though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:58 am

Linebreaker wrote:
mowgli wrote:oh dear oh dear, clearly it still rankles....stop taking yourself so seriously...hardly banging on about it old boy and no i dont want to be like you at all laughing

Just refreshing your sieve-like memory, Mr Night Owl. Smile

not sure if you are the early bird or the worm Headscratch

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 9:00 am

Laugh I didn't know you were a fan of Monopoly too... Very Happy

Sorry mate, I'll try and avoid including you in the 'English fans living in the past' category in the future. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 9:03 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:SA & NZ are a different matter though.

Everyone knows that. You can add India and Germany back on that list too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Thu 25 Oct 2012, 9:23 am

How in the world did this go from talking about the form of one player in the NH to (pretty strong) words like 'fear' & 'terrified' and back to ye good olde Wee weeing contest. Shocked

Apologies for being a damp squib, but back on topic, Wilko is on form at the moment, and miraculously, uninjured. His distribution was looking mint in R1, some of his best 'true 10' work in ages, along with his usual solid boot, not to mention he was captaining so making sound tactical choices for the team. He had the stone to take it into the heart of the opposition in R2 as well.

The fact that he is being talked about i see a bigger testament that the GB&Ire aren't producing good 10's as fast as maybe we should do. Of course Sexton is shoe in at the moment, but discounting an on form 10 like Wilko out of petty home nations squabbling is exactley that ... petty.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 26 Oct 2012, 4:05 pm

AlastairW wrote:

Apologies for being a damp squib, but back on topic, Wilko is on form at the moment, and miraculously, uninjured. His distribution was looking mint in R1, some of his best 'true 10' work in ages, along with his usual solid boot, not to mention he was captaining so making sound tactical choices for the team. He had the stone to take it into the heart of the opposition in R2 as well.

The fact that he is being talked about i see a bigger testament that the GB&Ire aren't producing good 10's as fast as maybe we should do. Of course Sexton is shoe in at the moment, but discounting an on form 10 like Wilko out of petty home nations squabbling is exactley that ... petty.

He's actually carrying an injury at the moment and has been for the last 6 weeks. Totally agree with the rest of what you say. He has always needed a ball playing 12 outside him (Catt, Giteau) and the biggest argument against him playing for the lions is that he'd be paired with a quick second row in Jamie Roberts.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3