The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 10 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 10 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by welshy824 (new) Tue 20 May 2014, 3:24 pm

great episode, it is all starting to lead on nicely
Also good to see littlefinger back, he is a brilliant character, him along with varys seem to be behind the scenes acting like puppeteers pulling the strings. wish we could see a bit more of them.
Peter dinklage is excellent, but I hope bronn stays around as he is an excellent character!
Also lucky Dhario with dnaerys  boxing 

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 10 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by alfie Wed 21 May 2014, 12:19 pm

Indeed this series is coming on nicely ... and some more exciting stuff to come over the next couple of episodes ! Of course the little variations from the books are making it hard to predict exactly what will happen next ; but they seem to pull things back together fairly quickly whenever they go deliberately off course ( they have to , really , else the ongoing major storylines would be damaged ) . Main difference seems to be timing (Brienne and Pod are well ahead of where they should be , in relation to what is happening in Kings Landing , while the action at the Wall has stalled : can't wait until they catch up with that story !)
None of this matters : the books are great , and the TV show is doing them justice. Some excellent casting , and a lot of credit to the scriptwriters who are adapting this monster of a work for the screen and making sense of it all ...I can forgive any occasional quiet patch since it just makes the action explosions worth the wait. And the dialogue - especially around Tyrion - is both faithful to the books and , rather uncharacteristically for "action" television , given its full place in the sun , and the time to shine. Bravo !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 27 May 2014, 8:50 am

I'm suffering from Game of Thrones withdrawal this week, I need my fix! Can't wait for the next episode.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:37 pm

It is worth the wait.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm

Yeah so that was a ruddy good episode

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:58 pm

Wow! What an episode well worth the wait

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:59 pm

gazzyD wrote:Yeah so that was a ruddy good episode

Too right, glad I had eaten before the last scene. More than enough to put a bloke off his tea, may have to sleep with the light on tonight!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 12:48 am

I was wondering where they were getting their 'scenes of graphic violence' warning from and then that happened

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:36 am

Last scene shook me to the core, had me catatonic for about 5 mins after the episode finished.

I thought they'd never top the Red Wedding...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:55 am

gazzyD wrote:I was wondering where they were getting their 'scenes of graphic violence' warning from and then that happened

The bloke getting the axe in the back of his head was not enough for you? You're a blood thirsty lot round here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 03 Jun 2014, 9:15 am

Ouch! Poor Oberyn. What a horrible end he got.

Felt pretty sorry for Jorah too, wonder what he'll do now.

Tyrion can't be executed, he simply can't!!!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Jun 2014, 9:23 am

It was an epic episode last night.

It's mildly depressing that there are only 2 left. I am going to have to talk to my wife on Monday nights soon. That is mildly depressing as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 03 Jun 2014, 9:28 am

EPIC!!!!!!!

Definitely the word. And, frankly, the first time I've got genuinely shocked and excited by an episode this series - hasn't felt like it's had the wow factor of previous series' in many respects (except perhaps the joffrey death episode).

Helped that my favourite hotty from the entire show got stark naked early doors too. Christ she's fit.  Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 10 3933776953 Drool

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 03 Jun 2014, 9:58 am

Jesus. What a horrible way to go. And he had it in the bag too!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 03 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

final episodes should be just as epic as well (next episode should have happened last series!)

any one read the books recently, been a while since i did and couldn't remember if the fight scene was like that? i vaguely remember the mountain pushing through his sphere to get to oberyn but dont remember no eye popping head smashing going on

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:40 am

compelling and rich wrote:final episodes should be just as epic as well (next episode should have happened last series!)

any one read the books recently, been a while since i did and couldn't remember if the fight scene was like that? i vaguely remember the mountain pushing through his sphere to get to oberyn but dont remember no eye popping head smashing going on

Spoiler:

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 03 Jun 2014, 2:26 pm

Do you think there's a point at which TV violence becomes too graphic? The Oberyn murder was certainly the most brutal thing I've seen on TV in a long time, possibly ever.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 05 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm

compelling and rich wrote:final episodes should be just as epic as well (next episode should have happened last series!)

Eye popping head smashing was pretty much as George wrote it , actually  Smile 

Grisly but dramatic TV.

Remaining episodes should indeed be lively. Plenty of action , and a few more significant characters on their way out , unless they are departing drastically from the books timelines...

Must admit I was sorry to see the Red Viper make such an early exit even when I read the book ; reinforced when he was so charismatically portrayed on television : but I guess we have all learned by now that almost nobody is safe from George when he is on a killing spree  Smile 

Can hardly wait for series five after this one finishes...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:45 pm

incontinentia wrote:Do you think there's a point at which TV violence becomes too graphic? The Oberyn murder was certainly the most brutal thing I've seen on TV in a long time, possibly ever.

i personally dont mind it, war and swords fights are bloody things. what we have seen on GOT is no worse than the likes of Spartacus series. as long as they not just throwing blood and guts in as a shock value like the latter does a bit too much i have no problem, which i thing GOT as done well so far. rather that than sticking a sword under your armpit and pretending to be stabbed

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:38 am

Loved this episode. Nights Watch FTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 8:27 am

gazzyD wrote:Loved this episode. Nights Watch FTW

It was spectacular. I wasn't sure how they would top last week but last nights blew it out of the water.

Great action, huge amounts of tension, inspirational scenes and moving moments.

It reminded me of the battle of Helms Deep in Lord of the Rings. Similar dark and menacing sense of foreboding throughout.

Great stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:37 am

The bit with the scythe made me and my wife jump from the sofa and cheer - Yes we are very sad Smile

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:The bit with the scythe made me and my wife jump from the sofa and cheer - Yes we are very sad Smile

That was fantastic. Nothing sad about that!

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up when Ser Alliser was inspiring his men with the "come nightfall, Castle Black will still be standing" speech.

I don't even like him much but I was ready for war!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

My favourite bit was the six guys defending the bottom gate, when one of them wanted to run and they started reciting the oath of the Black Watch, very stirring stuff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

Rowley wrote:My favourite bit was the six guys defending the bottom gate, when one of them wanted to run and they started reciting the oath of the Black Watch, very stirring stuff.

Aye, that was great. No sentimentality either, finding them all dead alongside the giant was somehow more fitting than seeing them all alive.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

We all knew we were in for a quality episode when Sam found his stones and was giving the order to Pip to open the *expletive deleted* gate

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:01 pm

Dam Game of Thrones, after the red wedding and last weeks trial by combat I find I can't relax during episodes any more. I love it though, can't remember watching a TV show where i've cared about the outcome so much!

I spent the whole of last nights waiting for Jon Snow and Sam to get an arrow in the back, and at one point I'm sure I didn't breathe for about 15mins.

Awesome episode - loved it.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 16 Jun 2014, 4:47 pm

Series 4 final this evening here was a cracker

Bit different from the books in places but don't be missing it , people !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Mon 16 Jun 2014, 7:51 pm

have already seen it, it is fantastic, will wait till tomorrow to discuss!

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:11 pm

Why is it not 2015 and season 5 not starting already

I wanted to carry on watching

Valar morghulis

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:08 pm

didnt think it was the best end if im honest, the "battle" at the wall was rubbish and didnt like the changes to the tyrion and tywin finish at the end

didnt mind that they added the hound and brienne bit, thought that was one of the best bits of this episode

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:49 am

compelling and rich wrote:didnt think it was the best end if im honest, the "battle" at the wall was rubbish and didnt like the changes to the tyrion and tywin finish at the end

didnt mind that they added the hound and brienne bit, thought that was one of the best bits of this episode

Spoiler:

Loved the episode last night (and the episode before), set everything up nicely for the 5th season, I can't wait for the Arya plot to start developing further, as I think that it will be extremely interesting and entertaining.

Is anyone else concerned that the TV series is developing at a far faster rate than the books?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 17 Jun 2014, 5:05 pm

Another genocide of characters... I was glad to see Tywin get the pointy end of an arrow, but the hound will be sorely missed. Thought he would beat Brienne easily in a swordfight but there you go.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:36 am

The hound-arya partnership was great this series, but I don't think it could've carried through another series so needed splitting up somehow.

Now the hound realised she was no longer there to be sold, where else could they go with it?

Agree I'm excited to see her character develop, one of my favourites in the show.

I may be just missing something as a non-GOT expert, but what was special about the coin she handed the ship captain, where did she get it and what is the significance of where they are going??

How far along are we in the book sequence now??

Aparently the big question remains unanswered, and is what the whole story hinges on and Martin has yet to divulge the answer (despite apparently telling HBO what the intended ending essentially was):

Who is John Snow's mother??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:38 am

Haven't watched it, but iirc in the books, the coin comes from the assassin she meets while traveling with the Watch out of Kings Landing.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:05 am

Yeah, it was from Jaqen Hgar (spelling probably wrong!), he told her if she wanted to find him she could give the coin to anyone from Bravos

He was the guy who killed 2 people for her and helped her escape from Harrenhall after she saved his life when the Nights Watch attacked. Seems like ages ago now!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:50 am

i didnt really like where the arya story went in the books, which was a shame as she was one of my favorite characters

i have a theory on who john snows mother is

snows mum and book spoilers:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:54 am

I've had a similar theory mate

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 18 Jun 2014, 1:14 pm

I thought Jon's mother was a tavern wench? Or was Ned Stark being economical with the truth?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 18 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

think that's what he told cat, that it was a drunken mistake to keep him out of the dog house

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 18 Jun 2014, 2:16 pm

There are several passages in the books that make the identity of Jon's mother pretty clear. Though not explicitly stated.
However none of them have been translated onto the screen (yet at least ) .
Imagine that is one revelation that is being kept for the last book - and presumably the last TV season ; so we'll have to be patient.

Not bothered about the TV getting ahead of the books : really only the Sansa and Littlefinger story , and Brienne and Podrick , have moved into book four to any degree.  Arya is exactly where she should be at the end of Blood and Gold, as is Tyrion : and the action at The Wall is actually a little behind where it really ought to be in relation to the rest of events...Oh yes , and Bran has moved on a lot , but I'm not sure we're going to see much of him for a while , unless they are going to throw in some additional stuff that didn't happen in the books.
As the next two books are happening at the same time in different parts we are going to see events unfold at a rather a different rate in any case: and - depending on how much detail they want to incorporate in some the character's tales - there is quite enough action in them to spread over three or four series if they want to.  After all the number of characters and locations for events is about to increase considerably ...looking forward to seeing how they do it all

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 18 Jun 2014, 2:20 pm

Indeed Alfie, I began to feel in the books, that it all ended up being a bit too big towards the end, and I skipped out some less interesting parts (*cough* Bran)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 18 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm

Think even George is feeling he might have built his "Wall " a bit bigger than was wise , GSC...which might be why he is taking so long to bring us the next episode ...
I don't know how he keeps track of all his characters : I have enough trouble just reading them! And when a minor character resurfaces after two books you are never quite sure whether they are just there for a bit of local colour or if they are about to become a significant part of the story... So you scramble back to an earlier volume to re-read their previous appearance and see if you might have missed a hint ...

Or at least I do . Maybe that makes me a bit obsessed  ? But I suspect I am not alone...

Last edited by alfie on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 18 Jun 2014, 2:52 pm

I read them all once. I def think its gotten too big though. A lot for the shows to fit into 1 episode with the books running concurrently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 18 Jun 2014, 3:03 pm

GSC wrote:I read them all once. I def think its gotten too big though. A lot for the shows to fit into 1 episode with the books running concurrently

thats why i was disappointed with the final episode, the battle at the wall and tyrion escape and final scene probably needed a episode on there own to do it full justice. felt it was all rushed, especially when you consider they also had the hounds demise, arya going her way, chaining up of the dragons to add to it aswell

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 18 Jun 2014, 4:35 pm

The story about Michelle Keegan saying she would get naked and do sex scenes if she got a part in this, there's only one part for her, Oberyns sister, she's meant to be a dirty.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 18 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm

RinoGattuso wrote:The story about Michelle Keegan saying she would get naked and do sex scenes if she got a part in this, there's only one part for her, Oberyns sister, she's meant to be a dirty.

doesnt have the skin tone to suit being from dorne though, my first thought was playing some of the prostitutes who turn up at winterfell

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:43 am

incontinentia wrote:I thought Jon's mother was a tavern wench? Or was Ned Stark being economical with the truth?

Pretty sure Ned was being very economical with the truth (actually, iirc, Ned never said anything about Jon's mother, but the story was recounted by a third party) - I have always thought he's not Ned's son at all, but Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister). A bastard son would be too much out of character for Ned, but looking after the son of his late sister would have been absolutely the honourable thing.

As for the father, I started off assuming it was Robert Baratheon, but I understand Lyanna's history is ambiguous and she was either kidnapped by or went voluntarily with Rhaegar Targaryan immediately prior to Robert's war with and eventual overthrow of the Targaryan rule. I understand this parentage (Lyanna + Rhaegar) is very strongly rumoured amongst GoT readers. It also makes sense as to why Jon has such a strong ally in Maestar Aemon Targaryan at the Wall, and why Ygritte kept saying 'you know nothing Jon Snow'.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:08 pm

Yeah R+L= Jon is one of the more popular theories. And the one that I think is the most likely. But my understanding of it is that Ned has kept it a secret because Robert Baratheon would have killed jon as a baby because of his claim to the throne. And i think they is only one person alive who knows the truth in howlen reed but he has not made an appearance yet. Barristan selmy could also know.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:15 am

RinoGattuso wrote:The story about Michelle Keegan saying she would get naked and do sex scenes if she got a part in this, there's only one part for her, Oberyns sister, she's meant to be a dirty.

Oberyn's sister has been dead for fifteen years. Perhaps you mean his niece ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next