The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:55 pm

Was that last night? Wanted to catch that as well as have read up a fair bit on a Song of Ice and Fire.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Dave. Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:13 pm

This was filmed in Northern Ireland!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:38 pm

Hero wrote:Was that last night? Wanted to catch that as well as have read up a fair bit on a Song of Ice and Fire.

Yeah, It is repeated on wed at 22.10 and it is on sky anytime all week.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 23 Apr 2011, 8:37 am

Caught up with the 1st episode of this last night and first impressions?
Wow frickin awesome! Lots of characters to get used to and the dynamics etc but straight away it introduces you to characters, makes you think they're in it for the long haul and then kills them off.
Going out today to get the books!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

I've watched the first episode and it was brilliant.

Like Hero, I just ordered the books off Amazon. The second and third books are split into two parts as they are so long. I can't wait to get started. thumbsup

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:35 am

The only character they failed to get ot right with in the first episode was Daenerys, she was a lot stronger in the book,and although she didn't want to be married to khal, she went along with it.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Sun 24 Apr 2011, 2:07 pm

Not read the books and hadnt heard of it before, but I thought it was really good and looking forward to the rest of the series.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 03 May 2011, 9:39 pm

Brilliant programme.

Randy - you can tell they are developing her as the series goes on as she learns how to control Khal.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Wed 04 May 2011, 5:59 pm

Scottrf - yeah she is going to develop through the series, but my only concern was the way the wedding night scene came across as a Cuddle, where in the book it was not like that at all.

The show has been getting better week by week and loving the Title scene.
The cast has been absolutley brilliant.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 26 May 2011, 2:26 pm

Great write up from http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.com/2011/05/twiot-you-win-or-you-die-but-either-way.html

I don't know if you know this yet, but my new televised obsession is the HBO medieval serial Game of Thrones. The show is based off the series of novels by George R.R. Martin called A Song of Fire and Ice, with GoT being the title of the first novel in the series. I don't know, I think in terms of titlage, Game of Thrones way rules over the other one, so right there, you get the feeling that it's going to be epic.

Through the first six episodes, that epicness is justified. The show combines so many different plot devices that it really is something for everyone. It has bloody gore and violence, and some of it is so innovative. Like this one, after the jump:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Y-ZaSNx_mWk/Td5K5lVk3-I/AAAAAAAAAcE/L4CsPcL2fEU/s1600/GOT-2-6-7.gif

Just in case you don't know what's going on there, it's murder by crowning. And by that I mean the guy is getting molten gold poured over his head. The show also has political intrigue, murder mystery, gratuitous nudity, elements of horror (the White Walkers, who were only shown once so far but will figure in big later on) and Peter Dinklage playing Tyrion Lannister, the sauciest and wittiest dwarf you'll ever encounter. I think this show has something for everyone.

Despite the above exampled depiction of ultraviolence being the norm rather than the exception, it doesn't turn the series into a freakshow. The core of the series, at least through six episodes, has been based on strong storytelling and great acting, the best of which comes from Dinklage as well as Sean Bean, who plays the main character Ned Stark. Right now, there are three or four main angles swirling around that look to coalesce sooner rather than later in a big way. All the characters have some sort of intertwining. Plus, the actual history of Westeros is so rich and developed but extra care is taken to let that shine through without making it an exercise in imagined history. It's actually made a part of the story rather than clunkily tossed in with meaningless displays of lectured exposition.

Right now, my wife is reading the novels, and if they remain as faithful to them as they are now, then things are going to get even more epic as this season and Season 2 progress (the show was renewed for a second season immediately after the first one). If you have HBO and you aren't watching this? They have the entire season on demand so you can catch up. If you don't have HBO, then I suggest getting this when it comes out on DVD, because it's that good so far. I don't expect it to drop off all that much.

The thing is, HBO comes out with so many great shows that it's hard not to go by the track record. For every clunker like John from Cincinnati, they have five critical smashes that either have their finger on the pulse of culture or are instrumental in shaping said culture. From a network that gave us The Sopranos, True Blood, Treme and several other great programs, it's not surprising they delivered with Game of Thrones. The tagline for the show is "You Win or You Die", but the only way you're not winning is if you're not watching. Highest recommendations.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 26 May 2011, 3:32 pm

I had never heard or read any of the books before and I have to say it one of the best series (so far) I have watched! I saw the trailer on Sky Atlantic (HBO) and thought "I have to watch this!". A few of my mates are watching Game of Thrones as well and they are glad I recommneded to them.

Can't wait for the next episode Very Happy
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Thu 26 May 2011, 7:39 pm

Nice article and it sums the show up well.

How far are you through the book Hero.
I have been watching the same episode two or three times after it has aired during the week just to pick up on little bits i've missed.

The final half of the series is going to be epic with all the storylines really building up momentum.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 26 May 2011, 8:02 pm

I'm reading the chapter that matches the episode after it at present to avoid spoiling the end of the series though I'm hugely tempted to go further.

Best series for years without question.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Thu 26 May 2011, 8:18 pm

It's been superb so far. I've never seen the books or knew of the story before watching it and it's been one of the most entertaining things i've seen on television in a while.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Thu 26 May 2011, 8:24 pm

Good way of doing it, But it must be hard not just to read right through.
I couldn't put it down when I got started with it.

I was waiting to see how the Crown scene would work on the TV series and it didn't disappoint.

Have you read the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, if you are liking Game of Thrones I would recomend this set of books.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 26 May 2011, 8:37 pm

No not heard of that set but I'll certainly keep an eye out for them cheers.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 26 May 2011, 10:19 pm

Got the whole season recording on my parents sky+ box... ready to watch in the summer Very Happy

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

What was everyones thoughts on the first series?

I thought it was superb and cannot wait for the new series! THey are already casting so a 2nd series looks like it will deffo happen, excited!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

Filming for season 2 begins next week I heard. It won't air in the US until this time next year so I suspect we'll be a day behind them like this season.

I really enjoyed it. Think the 2nd season will be a lot better too.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:26 pm

It will be intresting to see who gets cast for A Clash of Kings.
If the right actors are cast then we could be in for an even better show. I read that HBO have decided to change CGI companys becouse of the more complex scenes in A Clash Of kings.
So it looks like HBO are commited to the series.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:10 pm

I believe they are looking for extras from here (Northern Ireland) for series 2.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:24 pm

For those who have read the book and watched the programme, was the comparison good?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:32 pm

I think HBO have done a cracking job of converting the book onto TV.
In some ways you get to see a little extra of the Characters with no point of view in the book, come more alive in the TV series. such as King Robert.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:36 pm

Glad to hear that as there have been times such as the Harry Potter series where they have left out massive chunks (and in some cases important) parts of the books when converting it to the TV screen.

I am almost finished book number one so I am very much looking forward to watching the television series now.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:40 pm

randy-poffo wrote:It will be intresting to see who gets cast for A Clash of Kings.
If the right actors are cast then we could be in for an even better show. I read that HBO have decided to change CGI companys becouse of the more complex scenes in A Clash Of kings.
So it looks like HBO are commited to the series.

I'd assume Robb and Joffrey would be the Kings in the "clash".

It's been announced that Natalie Dormer who played Anne Boleyn in The Tudors will play Margaery Tyrell.

As for the search for extras in NI. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones#Filming_locations

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Ok, so I was curious to see what followed the second book in this series and found out that the two parts of book three are just the inbetween of books 1&2. Where is the sense in that? Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Fri 22 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

Book 3 parts 1 and 2 are a follow on from a clash of kings, its set after both GOT and a clash of kings.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:23 am

Absolutely Brilliant series, going to buy the first book soon and get started on this huge series which hasn't even finished yet.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:01 pm

Loved the series cant wait for the second season , the books are great too
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:56 pm

This is the first trailer for season 2 of a song of ice and fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE&feature=youtu.be

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:38 pm

Tomorrow night 9pm cant wait .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:12 am

I believe this is Games of Thrones related:
Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:07 am

Quite enjoyed it last night, i forgot how hot the bird with the Dragons is.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:31 am

Love this show. This and Walking Dead are my favourite shows at the moment. Rob Stark seems to be developing quite a nasty streak as well which is good.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:15 am

Really enjoyed this first episode of the new series, it totally picked up where it left off, straight back into all the action!

Can't wait for the next episode Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:10 pm

Yes me to dreamer , great to see it back . Loved the bit with the wolf and Jamie Lannister
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm

Season 2 started here this weekend, looks good, I enjoyed the first season.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

I knew he was offering the baby boys to the Whitewalkers as soon as he left the camp, interesting. Greyjoy was getting a little bit too comfortable with his sister, little bit sick. Daenerys Targaryen is constantly going to make people pay but i don't see any army with her, her Dragons better start growing a bit quicker.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:35 pm

That is probably why he is still living there whilst all the other villages are being destroyed. A deal with the whitewalkers, he lives and they get to build an army with the his boys.

Loving Game of Thrones, one of the best things on TV ever! Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers 1347041234

hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 10 Apr 2012, 5:34 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:I knew he was offering the baby boys to the Whitewalkers as soon as he left the camp, interesting. Greyjoy was getting a little bit too comfortable with his sister, little bit sick. Daenerys Targaryen is constantly going to make people pay but i don't see any army with her, her Dragons better start growing a bit quicker.

It was a little sick , but we've all been there haven't we Whistle
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Apr 2012, 6:13 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:I knew he was offering the baby boys to the Whitewalkers as soon as he left the camp, interesting. Greyjoy was getting a little bit too comfortable with his sister, little bit sick. Daenerys Targaryen is constantly going to make people pay but i don't see any army with her, her Dragons better start growing a bit quicker.

It was a little sick , but we've all been there haven't we Whistle

She had something about her, i don't blame him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:06 pm

I actually thought this weeks episode was quite weak, Littlefinger didn't really keep to his usual playing playing game but instead resorted to threats, far too much unnecessary nudity (it would have to be the first episode I'd managed to convince the Mrs to watch, all she said all the way through was she could tell why I liked it!), and with quite a number of new characters in it I'm finding it hard to realise who everyone is so feel like I'm missing plot points, might watch the first two again from this series so I know the different factions.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Wed 11 Apr 2012, 8:46 am

Some good news HBO have just picked up Game of Thrones for a third season after getting very good ratings for the first two episodes in season two.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Wed 11 Apr 2012, 8:58 am

Hero wrote:I actually thought this weeks episode was quite weak, Littlefinger didn't really keep to his usual playing playing game but instead resorted to threats, far too much unnecessary nudity (it would have to be the first episode I'd managed to convince the Mrs to watch, all she said all the way through was she could tell why I liked it!), and with quite a number of new characters in it I'm finding it hard to realise who everyone is so feel like I'm missing plot points, might watch the first two again from this series so I know the different factions.

I wasn't keen on the Littlefinger scene myself, although I'm not keen on any scene with Ross in, She is a bit of a pointless Character who takes time away from the main characters.
The interaction between the Greyjoys was done well and sticks to the book, Stannis and messlindre are pretty much how I pictured them.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Apr 2012, 9:15 am

I quite liked the 2nd episode, really liked the Gendry and Arya parts.

And I disagree, I actually liked the Littlefinger part, it really shows just how cold, calculating and cruel he is, but still all under the pretence of him being a "nice" guy. Thought that was done well.

Not as good as the first episode, but still enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Hero wrote:I actually thought this weeks episode was quite weak, Littlefinger didn't really keep to his usual playing playing game but instead resorted to threats, far too much unnecessary nudity (it would have to be the first episode I'd managed to convince the Mrs to watch, all she said all the way through was she could tell why I liked it!), and with quite a number of new characters in it I'm finding it hard to realise who everyone is so feel like I'm missing plot points, might watch the first two again from this series so I know the different factions.

Have you checked Thornecast out ? its on Sky Anytime gives some good insight into the characters
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 8:54 am

bit of a strange episode last night. Thought the first half was a bit slow and a bit boring, but then it really picked up in the 2nd half. Think it was partly a bit of a filler episode, or like laying the foundations for what is to come. I do love how it's keeping so closely to the books though, and think the acting is top notch. There's not one character so far that I think they've gotten wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Apr 2012, 1:05 pm

Hope the gay scenes don't pick up, i couldn't watch that bit last night.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 1:25 pm

ah sure there was only one scene, and that didn't even last very long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next