The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heineken Cup Round 2 (Pool 6) - Cardiff Blues v Toulon

+18
BristolTaff
Casartelli
wales606
whocares
ScarletSpiderman
thebluesmancometh
Jenifer McLadyboy
XR
Pot Hale
Morgannwg
Dubbelyew L Overate
glamorganalun
hugehandoff
doctor_grey
maestegmafia
PenfroPete
LondonTiger
HERSH
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heineken Cup Round 2 (Pool 6)  -  Cardiff Blues v Toulon - Page 2 Empty Heineken Cup Round 2 (Pool 6) - Cardiff Blues v Toulon

Post by HERSH Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sunday 21st October 2012
Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff
Kick off: 12:45pm
Referee: George Clancy

Must win Game for the Blues after the disappointment v Sale.

Could another Former England No10 put the boot in? talk about hitting a man when they're down.

Team news to follow

Last edited by HERSH on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup Round 2 (Pool 6)  -  Cardiff Blues v Toulon - Page 2 Empty Re: Heineken Cup Round 2 (Pool 6) - Cardiff Blues v Toulon

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:24 pm

11-19
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup Round 2 (Pool 6)  -  Cardiff Blues v Toulon - Page 2 Empty Re: Heineken Cup Round 2 (Pool 6) - Cardiff Blues v Toulon

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

Toulon still getting benefit of the doubt in the scrum. Blues have done well in that area but it isn't being rewarded.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

11-19

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:26 pm

But as I say that they get their due reward.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:27 pm

Whatever happens now, the lineout is a mess, the kick chase pathetic, kick defence non existent and breakdown average you know Phil Davies will throw his arms in the air and say 'well we competed with Toulon'

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

Davies is out of his depth. He couldn't even coach the U20's. The decision to appoint him still puzzles me.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

Again Lewis Jones has entered the game only to give away points straight away!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

He was CHEEEAAAAPPPPP!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by BristolTaff Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

Poor players just as much to blame. Nice to see Tom James with a usual useless contribution at the end.

BristolTaff

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:40 pm

Nothing to be ashamed of guys, ref refusal to give Warburton the penalty right before the try was the decision (with a few others too) that decided the match.

Navidi is a cracking player, Breeze has a good game.

PS: Rush got red carded in the same situation as Armitage.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:44 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Nothing to be ashamed of guys, ref refusal to give Warburton the penalty right before the try was the decision (with a few others too) that decided the match.

Navidi is a cracking player, Breeze has a good game.

PS: Rush got red carded in the same situation as Armitage.

I remember that now. And speaking totally as a neutral, it has been one of many incorrect calls that have cost the Blues in this competition over the past 3-4 years.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

In reality it was a spirited effort kind reminisant of going to play the limited teams in Italy. And thats the problem, the Blues are now a limited team trying to stay competitive at home against french teams who struggle to perform away (and lets not think Toulon performed well)

Blues have now officially slipped to 3rd tier in the rabo along par with Treviso and Connacht who, similar to the Blues are difficult to beat at home (although the Blues are not)

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

Nobody expected Blues (or Scarlets) to win their pools because they aren't good enough. Let's leave it at that.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 3:00 pm

Do you expect Ospreys and Dragons to qualify?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 3:03 pm

Ospreys can, but they'll need to learn how to score tries again. Dragons got a 10 points coming their way, but will need to beat Bayonne and Wasps and stop them from getting points. I don't see it beyond the realms of impossible for either of them. Blues and Scarlets I really do not see qualifying.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

Dragons will beat Bayonne away? and wasps at home? Can't see it!!!

Ospreys will not compete with Tolouse IMHO and will be in a fight for 2nd with Leicesetr

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 3:13 pm

It was 16v15 last night, Dragons should have won. Depends on Edwards selections whether they are capable of doing it. Ospreys probably can't top their group but they can qualify.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 3:14 pm

The ref wasnt that bad last night at all, he's no excuse for the poor quality on show from a limited dragons team.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

Where was the poor quality on show? The ref's refusal to give us deserved penalties was what cost the team.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:03 pm

Morg if you think our kick chase, kick receive was good you need to start following football mate!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

Not sure what you're talking about now? Every team kicks the ball you know. Dragons played well and weren't under any pressure despite the ref's incorrect calls. They had the chance for more tries, under no pressure, but made errors. Their defence was good and really shook up the French. That isn't lack of quality, that is lack of good execution and finishing. Faletau can hold his hand up there for twice dropping the ball at critical moments.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

The Blues let bombs bounce 6 times, 6 thats lack of quality!!

The Dragons werent robbed, they lack quality and it showed they were lucky not to have conceded more.

In both games good goal kicking was evident (even if it was not by 1/2p's standards), and a passionate home performance, but in both cases both teams were underdogs and were beaten by superior opposition.

The Scarlets were schooled, and the Ospreys fell apart.

4 losses, 3 on welsh soil = lack of quality!!!

You are fully deluded to the maximum sense of the word!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

Oh look I disagree with someone despite me being completely wrong so I go on to talk about another team (which is off topic) in a failed attempt to reiterate my point. Maybe if I use a lot of exclamaiton marks people will show me attention!!!

You're seriously boring. I'm done discussing anything with you now. Muppet.

p.s. 12 pro clubs? That's what everyone else called fully deluded to the maximum sense of the word! Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:15 pm

If you were smarter Morg It'd be at least interesting proving to you how poor club rugby is in wales.

Blaming the ref can only take you so far, and your doing it takes me back to Welsh internationals in the 90's!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:18 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:22 pm

Laugh

Great counter argument, valid points made, backed up with cold hard facts.

Actually youve convinced me, the regions are succesfully run, are playing great stuff and have just been cheated by refs.

Good times Whistle

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:24 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:26 pm

Oh that makes sense too. You are officially my idol!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:32 pm

Snore.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 21 Oct 2012, 8:39 pm

I thought Delon Armitage did nothing wrong, the player didn't want to take contact and that part of the pitch was very wet under foot so I'm told so it wasn't a surprise that he slipped just before the tackle.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 8:53 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:The Blues let bombs bounce 6 times, 6 thats lack of quality!!

The Dragons werent robbed, they lack quality and it showed they were lucky not to have conceded more.

In both games good goal kicking was evident (even if it was not by 1/2p's standards), and a passionate home performance, but in both cases both teams were underdogs and were beaten by superior opposition.

The Scarlets were schooled, and the Ospreys fell apart.

4 losses, 3 on welsh soil = lack of quality!!!

You are fully deluded to the maximum sense of the word!!!

Just want to pick you up on the Dragons bit. We couldn't have conceded more, because it didn't happen. There were no video replays that were 50/50 for Bayonne, therefore it is impossible that we could have conceded more as history will tell you now that we didn't. Unless you get a time machine back and change the game somehow. However, the Dragons could have won it had the camera angle been at a different angle (I.e. one where the TMO could have seen if it had been grounded or not). Had it been given there would have been no time for Bayonne to come back. Therefore the only difference to the result could have been a dragons win. Pedantic maybe, splitting hairs yes, but true. For what it's worth as a Dragons fan I didn't think the TMO could give a try either from that camera angle.

To say we could have lost by more after the game is silly really. By that token the Dragons could have won as well! Just as Bayonne could have scored 100 points if only they had just gone and done it, so too could the Dragons.

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:21 pm

I think i would personnally let Roberts go and do everything to keep Cuthbert Halfpenny and Bradley Davies, they are a lot more valuable to the team. With Navidi playing so well this put Warburton in the same situation as Roberts.

I think for such a "good" centre his defence on Armitage for the try was suspect to say the least.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

Griff

You know what I mean. Are you saying your happy with where the Dragons are at right now?

They couldve beaten a very poor Bayonne side at home but never, and they should be beating these types of teams at home IMHO.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:31 pm

I've long said that Roberts just doesn't look interested in playing club rugby, standing out wide with his hands on his hips waiting for the ball. It's why i admire players like Daf Hewitt, while he may not be the 'big name' but when he isn't getting the ball he goes looking for it closer to the action and does some good work.

Let Roberts go, he hasn't performed for the blues since the lions and i would happily have his wages split and added on to contracts for cuthbert, halfpenny and bradley.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:36 pm

gcblues

But in Roberts defence he has little to prove, is frustrated at the blues and has no competition for his shirt. Letting him go isn't the answer IMHO, but giving him some sort of incentive to work for his club again.

Cuthbert still has a lot to prove, he isn't guarenteed the Welsh shirt and is still looking for a big English/french club offer so needs to earn that huge contract.

Realistically both have all but left the region!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2