The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price

+14
bhb001
NathanDB10
TopHat24/7
huw
captain carrantuohil
superflyweight
ONETWOFOREVER
quentins_monkey
monty junior
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
coxy0001
manos de piedra
azania
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Price - Page 2 Empty David Price

Post by azania Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

I don't know if any of you saw the Sky Sports news interview with him. When asked which of the K brothers he would like to fight he picked Vitali. His reasons? Vitali is old and slowing down and not as good as before. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this yet. I remember when a certain boxer said he would like to fight Floyd in 18 months because he would be reaching his peak and Floyd would be on the slide. He got lambasted for it by his unhinged and issued haters.

Anyway, I'd pick Price to KO Vitali for the reasons he gave. Wlad would do a number on Price though.

azania

Back to top Go down

David Price - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm

If Haye even through ANY sort of power shot at Vitali (which i dont think he will) if they were to clash, then Haye would be snoring on the canvas in a cold Germany. Haye will not trade with a big puncher.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 pm

am i the only one who'd rather see price say that he'd like to fight wlad? i.e. have the confidence to want to get in with the best, even if common sense dictates the smart choice at this stage would be vitali.

i've been impressed with price's last few fights, his handspeed looks very good and the power is certainly there, but its a bit early to be getting carried away. He's yet to move up in class (though in this division, there aren't many steps on the stairway) and we're yet to see how he reacts to getting hit himself... i.e. has maturity improved his whiskers from his amateur days.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:
azania wrote:
NathanDB10 wrote:My point was, that however diminshed VK may be (and I would agree that is a significant amount), he will still find and land on haye eventually.

Haye cannot knock VK out, therefore he will need a decision. Over 12 rounds, VK will either grind him down and take him out as usual, or he will outpoint him, assuming the fight is in germany.

I think the powers that be were happy for someone half decent to "beat" valuev, thats why haye got the nod. German officials will not do that with VK. Haye would have to win every round so conclusively to get a UD, it just wouldn't happen.

As shopworn as he is, VK still has the power, skill and stamnia to beat Haye. People talk about Hay's speed but is he really so much quicker than someone like Adamek?
I think he has diminished to the point where he's ready for the taking. Haye is not Adamek. Haye hits harder, is faster and an all round better boxer than Adamek. Plus Vit has deteriorated since the Adamek fight.

I don't think there was any conspiracy regarding the Val fight. Haye won fairly. Yes if it goes the distance it wouldn't surprise me if there was some cooking of the cards to get a Vit win. It wouldn't matter as I expect Haye to KO him within 11.

What are you basing that prediction on? Do you think VK's punch resistance has done an Audley? A lot of people point to the Valuev fight as an example of Haye's power, but I think a lot of that was due to exhaustion on Valuev's part. I don't see any reason to think haye hits hard than any of VK's previous opponents. Also, I would say that to even think about that, haye would need to land a number of combinations, which would obviously mean VK would have the chance to fire back.

No-one is impervious to punches if hit hard and often enough. Everyone seems to be basing Vitali's chin on that uppercut but choose to ignore that Corrie Sanders had him wobbling badly. Haye at HW may not hit as hard as Corrie, but Haye will hit Vitali more often that Corrie did purely because of Vitali's lack of speed and movement.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Wobbling badly is a bit much. He got VK's attention certainly, but he wasn't exactly doing the chicken dance. But in a slug-fest, there would only be one winner. I still don't think Haye will have the "fortitude" to get in range often enough, particularly given VK's reach advantage.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 pm

milkyboy wrote:am i the only one who'd rather see price say that he'd like to fight wlad? i.e. have the confidence to want to get in with the best, even if common sense dictates the smart choice at this stage would be vitali.

i've been impressed with price's last few fights, his handspeed looks very good and the power is certainly there, but its a bit early to be getting carried away. He's yet to move up in class (though in this division, there aren't many steps on the stairway) and we're yet to see how he reacts to getting hit himself... i.e. has maturity improved his whiskers from his amateur days.

He should have said he would like either of them even if its just bluster. Plus Wlad is the recognised best in the division and brings more money to the table.

His handspeed, footwork, sense of range and distance and timing seem excellent. I'd like to see him up against someone who can bring something different to the table. That's why I think Skelton is a decent fight for him. Skelton may be far from the best, but his rough and ready style will bring something very different and perhaps throw something very different. His spoiling style and that he will be all over Price will be interesting to see and how Price copes with it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:Wobbling badly is a bit much. He got VK's attention certainly, but he wasn't exactly doing the chicken dance. But in a slug-fest, there would only be one winner. I still don't think Haye will have the "fortitude" to get in range often enough, particularly given VK's reach advantage.

Well if Haye wants to win he will have to, otherwise he's just there for the payday. Plus I believe you overestimate what Vit has left which is not a lot.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Id guess Skeltons rough and ready style wont get him much farther than Fat Mac did. Cannon fodder match up for me. Price should be looking to kick on I think now.

I could only see Haye beating Vitali by KO at the moment but would not favour him to manage it. Hayes style isnt at heavyweight isnt very accomodating at winning rounds. Its low output, backfoot mostly and reliant on single power shots. Vitali on the other hand employs a style that makes winning rounds off him extremelly difficult. Hes given up hardly any over his career. Haye might find more success against Vitali at actually landing some of his shots than he did against Wlad but unless they are good enough to stop Vitali or rack up some knock downs I think Vitali just banks the rounds while Haye might land a handful of decent shots but jst not in enough supply to give him a chance on the cards. I dont think Haye is going to do anything different to what he did against Wlad or Valuev. Same pot shot strategy which means he hears the final bell but loses the decision for me.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 pm

However long it lasts it will be interesting. This is a good learning fight in that Price will have to use his footwork to make space for his punches. It wont last longer that 2 rounds though, but those rounds will show how much he's learned in the gym.

I'm not going through another Haye/Vit scenario again. We've been through this adinfinitum. But Vit will offer Haye space for Haye to do more than pot shotting.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Dont really get why there would be any enthusiasm for a Skelton fight? I mean Price has blasted out McDermott, Sexton and Audey now who are all at least in the same bracket as Skelton. Skelton will be close to 46. He is miles below Price. I dont think he will have to do anything different to what he did against Mac or Sexton. Skelton will walk right into his right hand or uppercut and that will be that. Another pointless massacre methinks. Price needs a higher calibre of opponent to show his improvements for me. Problem is there probably wont be too many rushing to face someone with his kind of power and size advantages.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:24 pm

I doubt there is much enthusiasm. But Price being the clean cut British HW hope will sell regardless of who he fights. I reckon after he's done away with Skelton he'd step up to Euro standard fighters.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 pm

azania wrote:
milkyboy wrote:am i the only one who'd rather see price say that he'd like to fight wlad? i.e. have the confidence to want to get in with the best, even if common sense dictates the smart choice at this stage would be vitali.

He should have said he would like either of them even if its just bluster. Plus Wlad is the recognised best in the division and brings more money to the table.

His handspeed, footwork, sense of range and distance and timing seem excellent. I'd like to see him up against someone who can bring something different to the table. That's why I think Skelton is a decent fight for him. Skelton may be far from the best, but his rough and ready style will bring something very different and perhaps throw something very different. His spoiling style and that he will be all over Price will be interesting to see and how Price copes with it.

Problem is - that he might be taken up on it Laugh Imagine having to fight Wlad 14 fights into your career

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Easy to get out of it seeing as K2 try to tie you up in knots with contracts etc.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2