The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price

+14
bhb001
NathanDB10
TopHat24/7
huw
captain carrantuohil
superflyweight
ONETWOFOREVER
quentins_monkey
monty junior
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
coxy0001
manos de piedra
azania
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

David Price Empty David Price

Post by azania Sun 14 Oct 2012, 9:33 pm

I don't know if any of you saw the Sky Sports news interview with him. When asked which of the K brothers he would like to fight he picked Vitali. His reasons? Vitali is old and slowing down and not as good as before. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this yet. I remember when a certain boxer said he would like to fight Floyd in 18 months because he would be reaching his peak and Floyd would be on the slide. He got lambasted for it by his unhinged and issued haters.

Anyway, I'd pick Price to KO Vitali for the reasons he gave. Wlad would do a number on Price though.

azania

Back to top Go down

David Price Empty Re: David Price

Post by manos de piedra Sun 14 Oct 2012, 9:44 pm

Which heavyweights out there wouldnt you pick to beat Vitali these days azania?

Never got the impression Khan was lambasted for wanting to fight Mayweather those reasons. I felt he got the stick because people thought he was being over confident and unworthy of facing Mayweather.

I dont really see what the massive issue with Khan is. Fair enough some people dont like the guy. But there are plenty of fighters (Cleverly, the Klitschkos, Haye, Lewis, Price, Fury, DeGale, Jr etc) that get plenty of stick too and have their own various critics that dont miss an opportunity to give them a bit of stick. Its just the nature of favouritism.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:24 pm

I remember when a certain boxer said he would like to fight Floyd in 18 months because he would be reaching his peak and Floyd would be on the slide

Your biased allegiance to Khan is getting a bit laughable now.

Price hasn't been laid out. Khan had. Price is quickly proving himself as someone who could be a force to be reckoned with (note the future tense), Khan has been continually put on his arse and struggled with the likes of Maidana.

End of, stop hating on the British white boy doing good. We all know you have the anti-w thing going on, just give it a break.

And lets not forget Price is a far better human being than the little **** you so love to back.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

Thread will be locked as soon as anyone else so much as breathes a reference to race / racism again. Pack it in.

Coxy, I'm sure even you can appreciate that Khan has been in with and beaten a better calibre of fighter than Price has. When he was talking of a Mayweather bout, he was a damn sight more viable and deserving an opponent for Floyd than Price is to Wladimir.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:29 pm

Completely different scenario,

Khan said he wants to fight mayweather run 18months when he's slower

Price has answered which of the brothers he would rather fight and why. Ask any heavyweight they would say I'd rather fight vitali than Wlad as they at emit likely to win as vitali has slowed while Wlad hasnt

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:33 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
I remember when a certain boxer said he would like to fight Floyd in 18 months because he would be reaching his peak and Floyd would be on the slide

Price hasn't been laid out. Khan had. Price is quickly proving himself as someone who could be a force to be reckoned with (note the future tense), Khan has been continually put on his arse and struggled with the likes of Maidana.

End of, stop hating on the British white boy doing good. We all know you have the anti-w thing going on, just give it a break.

And lets not forget Price is a far better human being than the little **** you so love to back.

Comparatively Maidana is a million times better than anyone Price has fought though and he still won.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm

Of course I appreciate that Chris, am just merely pointing out Mr Az has an agenda that is obvious by his postings.

And Price isn't in a deep division and is arguably 2/3 fights from being able to challenge VK if he wins those fights, Khan was in the same position and was found wanting against some extremely average oppo compared to the company he kept name dropping.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm

monty junior wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Comparatively Maidana is a million times better than anyone Price has fought though and he still won.

I said the likes of, meaning he's had his record tarnished by the likes of Peterson & Garcia - who are hardly, hardly anything more than alphabet title holders. Time will tell on Price, but the kid handles himself far better than the cocky little Bolton kid from a PR sense.

And barely beating Maidana didn't do much for him, a guy an in form Hatton would've shut out.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:39 pm

It's maybe not a deep division but he's not even past domestic level yet. He's incomparable with Khan because he hasn't even faced one decent fighter yet. Let's assess when he has fought someone like Pulev, Helenius,Dimitrenko etc..

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:23 pm

I didn't see the interview but did he just come out and say 'I want to fight Vitali' or was he asked which brother he'd prefer to fight? If it was the latter think he probably made the right choice...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:15 am

Price would crumbl;e in the wake of Vitali.

Khan deserves all the stick because he is a first rate plonker. Other boxers are fine but Khan is singled out because anyone would av him in the streets. In the ring he has the advantage but I reckon I could soak up some pitter patter punishment before koing Khan in the mid to late rounds.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 15 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

Coxy is right (had to happen eventually, Coxy!!) Although I had no problems with Khan chasing Floyd (at the time he was close to being a very viable opponent), there's a big difference between chasing an opponent and Price providing an honest answer to a direct question. Which heavyweight would answer that question any difefrently?

I'm afraid Az is stretching to find an argument that shows that we all hate Khan and love Price. It was not so long ago that Az was criticising Price for admitting in an interview earlier this year that he wasn't ready for the Klits.

I heard Price being interviewed yesterday and thought he was being pretty sensible given that the adrenaline was probably still flowing from Saturday night. Said that he was looking to become mandatory challenger but that it would be hard to resist a shot at the title if offered now. He also said that he wasn't sure that he would be offered a shot as he would be nightmare for the brothers. I think he's starting to believe in himself more and that's an important part of his development.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:29 am

I see nothing that isn't thoroughly admirable about Price, I have to say. It was interesting that the odd American boxing site, in the wake of Saturday night, was suggesting that Price might as well have a go at one of the Klitschkos on the grounds that everyone else has had his turn and that the Briton would have "nothing to lose".

That's not quite true, of course, since shattered confidence can be desperately difficult to repair. Price himself has an appealingly old-fashioned aspect to him, for me. He wants the Lonsdale belt outright; as he can't seem to get Fury into the same ring, a fight against a different sort of (limited) opponent before year's end is not a bad idea and keeps him busy, which is important.

Perhaps another eighteen months of attempting to clear up the best of Europe, including Fury, and Price will have more than twenty fights under his belt, will have learned a good deal, one imagines, and will be ready to take on any of the top ranked fighters.

A world title shot by the end of 2014 is an achievable goal and seems to be what Price and his team have in their minds. Price himself doesn't yet feel ready for K2, which is absolutely fair enough. If he had to fight one, he has made the obvious and wise selection. Wlad is quite likely still to be the man in possession two years from now; by then, I would give Price a reasonable shot at dislodging him. It's certainly a plausible scenario, at least.

I can't see how Price's position is any way comparable with Khan's, who was entirely within his rights to look for a Mayweather bout. Price, who is looking for no sort of fast track to the top, is equally entitled to answer a hypothetical question as he sees fit.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:34 am

Out of interest Coxy, what evidence do you have that Price is a better human being than Khan?

Most things I have seen on Khan have been positive. Yes he is outspoken but he also gets his words twisted and not being the brightest bear in the tool box he says things without his brain kicking in that are a little silly.

Price doesn't seem to be a bad guy but probably a little boring.

Just seems a very strange statement to make when it is completely subjective.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:48 am

manos de piedra wrote:Which heavyweights out there wouldnt you pick to beat Vitali these days azania?

Never got the impression Khan was lambasted for wanting to fight Mayweather those reasons. I felt he got the stick because people thought he was being over confident and unworthy of facing Mayweather.

I dont really see what the massive issue with Khan is. Fair enough some people dont like the guy. But there are plenty of fighters (Cleverly, the Klitschkos, Haye, Lewis, Price, Fury, DeGale, Jr etc) that get plenty of stick too and have their own various critics that dont miss an opportunity to give them a bit of stick. Its just the nature of favouritism.

Right now I'd pick Haye, Price, Fury. Vitali is way past his best and a HW with good footwork who is able to get past his jab will beat him. Haye has the speed to do so and Price/Fury have the reach to out jab him and keep at a distance. Vit's legs have gone.

The Khan critics are not only unhinged with issues, they are also far from objective looking at every detail in order to have a little dig. He made the Mayweather prior to the Peterson fight when he was a very viable contender yet he was abused for it with people questioning his manhood for wanting to fight Floyd knowing he would be on the slide. He said pretty much what Price said, but one gets excused for it.

Coxy's comment above shows he is unhinged with issues. He said he was scared to go to areas of Luton because of the type of people there. Regardless he is probably a Monday Club Tory Boy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:53 am

huw wrote:Out of interest Coxy, what evidence do you have that Price is a better human being than Khan?

Most things I have seen on Khan have been positive. Yes he is outspoken but he also gets his words twisted and not being the brightest bear in the tool box he says things without his brain kicking in that are a little silly.

I don't think Coxy was being really serious/honest with that comment, just an overflow of frustration from Az's tedious wummery. Because Az is more subversive about it whenever he gets called out that person gets admonished by the mods.

Doubt I can really add anything to the more intelligent comments above, two different situations really. From memory, the stick Khan got was more about him ignoring opponents in front of him (twice) which is a little rude and arrogant, especially as he then got beat by both of them.

Price was just giving an honest answer to an honest question. Not comparable situations at all, but then againt that doesn't ever seem to bother Az...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:57 am

coxy0001 wrote:

Shoo!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:59 am

coxy0001 wrote:Of course I appreciate that Chris, am just merely pointing out Mr Az has an agenda that is obvious by his postings.

And Price isn't in a deep division and is arguably 2/3 fights from being able to challenge VK if he wins those fights, Khan was in the same position and was found wanting against some extremely average oppo compared to the company he kept name dropping.

Shoo!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:04 am

captain carrantuohil wrote:I see nothing that isn't thoroughly admirable about Price, I have to say. It was interesting that the odd American boxing site, in the wake of Saturday night, was suggesting that Price might as well have a go at one of the Klitschkos on the grounds that everyone else has had his turn and that the Briton would have "nothing to lose".

That's not quite true, of course, since shattered confidence can be desperately difficult to repair. Price himself has an appealingly old-fashioned aspect to him, for me. He wants the Lonsdale belt outright; as he can't seem to get Fury into the same ring, a fight against a different sort of (limited) opponent before year's end is not a bad idea and keeps him busy, which is important.

Perhaps another eighteen months of attempting to clear up the best of Europe, including Fury, and Price will have more than twenty fights under his belt, will have learned a good deal, one imagines, and will be ready to take on any of the top ranked fighters.

A world title shot by the end of 2014 is an achievable goal and seems to be what Price and his team have in their minds. Price himself doesn't yet feel ready for K2, which is absolutely fair enough. If he had to fight one, he has made the obvious and wise selection. Wlad is quite likely still to be the man in possession two years from now; by then, I would give Price a reasonable shot at dislodging him. It's certainly a plausible scenario, at least.

I can't see how Price's position is any way comparable with Khan's, who was entirely within his rights to look for a Mayweather bout. Price, who is looking for no sort of fast track to the top, is equally entitled to answer a hypothetical question as he sees fit.

2014? That means he would have been a pro for 6 years. I reckon a title shot by next summer should be what he should aim for.

My point is that BOTH gave the same type of answer. The unhinged lot on here still see a difference and give one a pass yet criticise the other. I won't criticise Price for wanting Vitali as opposed to Wlad. It will make a unification fight more interesting seeing as K2 will tie him in ribbons with all their management stipulations.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:08 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
huw wrote:Out of interest Coxy, what evidence do you have that Price is a better human being than Khan?

I don't think Coxy was being really serious/honest with that comment, just an overflow of frustration from Az's tedious wummery. Because Az is more subversive about it whenever he gets called out that person gets admonished by the mods.

Doubt I can really add anything to the more intelligent comments above, two different situations really. From memory, the stick Khan got was more about him ignoring opponents in front of him (twice) which is a little rude and arrogant, especially as he then got beat by both of them.

Price was just giving an honest answer to an honest question. Not comparable situations at all, but then againt that doesn't ever seem to bother Az...

Khan got stick for answering a question put to him. His response was that he wanted to clean up the LWW division and in 18 months he will be ready for Floyd. Price was asked which of the brothers he wanted. He said Vitali because he was on the slide. An honest answer to a simple question. To me it makes sense. Vitali is beatable and Price should beat him for the simple reason that Vitali is not very hard to hit and Price is probably the hardest hitting HW out there now.

As for Coxy, well he has issues.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:10 am

alma wrote:Still don't think anybody beats vitali. Lets not forget, the guy has still barely lost a round in his entire career. He looked poor against chisora, but he was injured and he still won virtual every round.

Haye for me has the speed but doesn't have the punch output. He'd probably try another smash and grab like he did against valuev, but he only narrowly won that one and even an ancient vitali is miles better than valuev.

Price we don't know about because his chin is untested and fury would get knocked out by vitali I think.

VItali is barely faster than Valuev now. And I reckon Haye has learned from the Wlad fight (he'll never be able to beat Wlad). He'll get under Vitali's jab and land at will. Probably a late stoppage.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:14 am

2014 is logical, az. Price will certainly need to tidy up at least a couple of the Europeans, plus Fury, before Wlad is a genuine winning proposition. I increasingly doubt that Vitali will return to the ring, unless his long-stated wish to KO Haye becomes overpowering.

Price has plenty to learn, as he is the first to admit, and six years as a pro or not, he will still have had a maximum of 20 fights by then. Plenty of experience is required to prepare him, and I'm not sure that twelve months will be sufficient for the task in hand.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:17 am

azania wrote:
alma wrote:Still don't think anybody beats vitali. Lets not forget, the guy has still barely lost a round in his entire career. He looked poor against chisora, but he was injured and he still won virtual every round.

Haye for me has the speed but doesn't have the punch output. He'd probably try another smash and grab like he did against valuev, but he only narrowly won that one and even an ancient vitali is miles better than valuev.

Price we don't know about because his chin is untested and fury would get knocked out by vitali I think.

VItali is barely faster than Valuev now. And I reckon Haye has learned from the Wlad fight (he'll never be able to beat Wlad). He'll get under Vitali's jab and land at will. Probably a late stoppage.

When has Haye ever got under a jab? I don't see your reasoning on that one. Even if he did, Vit is good at tying people up when needs be. I think VK would like nothing more than for Haye to come to him, rather than running like he did against valuev and WK. I don't see how Haye can beat Vit, either by doing a valuev type fight, or by coming to VK throwing "hayemakers". If he did the latter, I see a Foreman-Frazier type outcome, only haye wouldn't get up six times, I doubt he'd get up once.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:45 am

More i with think about it the less likely I feel haye could beat Vitali

His workrate is too low against an engine fighter like vitali. Vitali might be alt slower, but he is still faster than Valuev and twice the boxer. Haye wo that fight but it was by MD, hardly impressive as he gave away rounds by not punching. The same thing was shown in the Wlad fight where he dd t get shots off relying on one big shot.

Haye lasted 12 rounds with the better brother but only because Wlad is a safety first fighter. He was coasting the fight and knew that haye could knock him out if he opened up or went for the KO himself. Vitali won't be so kind and will be more willing to take a big shot or 2 to get his own off.

Haye has for power and showed it vs chisora but its harder to knock out someone who is 4 inches taller than you than someone who is shorter and will walk into punches. Vitali can still cut off the ring brilliantly and generally seed and avoids the few attacks that do come his way

Wlad took a couple clean shots from haye so vitali should be able to so haye will have to win on points which will be very very hard

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:06 am

Excellent points WHU-Champo, there are so many reasons haye's style is a bad match up against K2, especially Vitali.

If Price continues his progress, I'd like to see him face Haye (unlikely I know), but it would at least be a good measuring stick to assess how each is likely to do against one of the Klitschko's. price to see how he deals with a power shot, and haye to see if his pot-shot style has any use whatsoever against a tall, skilled boxer-puncher.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:09 am

Good appraisal WHU and I concur. Vitali has far too much about him to be taken by Haye. Plus he does not need the fight anyway. So Az can say what he likes about Vitali ducking Haye, the reality is quite a lot different.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:25 am

bhb001 wrote:Good appraisal WHU and I concur. Vitali has far too much about him to be taken by Haye. Plus he does not need the fight anyway. So Az can say what he likes about Vitali ducking Haye, the reality is quite a lot different.

Give me a break. I have never accused K2 of ducking anyone. When all were claiming Wlad was ducking haye, I questioned that logic and stated then that he would beat Haye. Vitali is not ducking Haye. Both parties drive pretty hard bargains and the issue is getting the business side of things right for all concerend. My belief is that they both want the fight but K2 want a rematch clause with Wlad in the contract and haye doesn't want that for obvious reasons. But we'll see.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:More i with think about it the less likely I feel haye could beat Vitali

His workrate is too low against an engine fighter like vitali. Vitali might be alt slower, but he is still faster than Valuev and twice the boxer. Haye wo that fight but it was by MD, hardly impressive as he gave away rounds by not punching. The same thing was shown in the Wlad fight where he dd t get shots off relying on one big shot.

Haye lasted 12 rounds with the better brother but only because Wlad is a safety first fighter. He was coasting the fight and knew that haye could knock him out if he opened up or went for the KO himself. Vitali won't be so kind and will be more willing to take a big shot or 2 to get his own off.

Haye has for power and showed it vs chisora but its harder to knock out someone who is 4 inches taller than you than someone who is shorter and will walk into punches. Vitali can still cut off the ring brilliantly and generally seed and avoids the few attacks that do come his way

Wlad took a couple clean shots from haye so vitali should be able to so haye will have to win on points which will be very very hard

Vitali's jab has lost all authority it once had. His footwork, which was never his best attribute, is ponderously slow. If Chisora can slip under his jab, I suspect Haye will have a better and easier time getting through. The question remains Haye's chin. I doubt he would be able to take the punches Chisora took. But I doubt Vit will land with the authority needed to KO Haye. I am fairly confident in a haye KO by R10-11. He will ceratinly score a KD.

I doubt he will try the same tactics he employed against Wlad and Val. He will be more aggressive with a high guard and relying less on a reflex defence.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:38 am

But haye never ducks, he fights straight up, or slightly crouched. He never bobs and weaves the way Chisora does in a swarming manner. Haye stands off too much, and doesn't have the footwork or footspeed to get under a jab as long as VK, and even if he did, the right hand will be there to meet him. Chisora took loads of shots off VK. OK these may have been diminshed by VK's injury (and age I'll grant you), but I still doubt Haye will be willing to take that much punishment to get in range.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:46 am

azania wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Good appraisal WHU and I concur. Vitali has far too much about him to be taken by Haye. Plus he does not need the fight anyway. So Az can say what he likes about Vitali ducking Haye, the reality is quite a lot different.

Give me a break. I have never accused K2 of ducking anyone. When all were claiming Wlad was ducking haye, I questioned that logic and stated then that he would beat Haye. Vitali is not ducking Haye. Both parties drive pretty hard bargains and the issue is getting the business side of things right for all concerend. My belief is that they both want the fight but K2 want a rematch clause with Wlad in the contract and haye doesn't want that for obvious reasons. But we'll see.

Az, I offer a full and unreserved apology. I got you mixed up with someone not worthy to even be mentioned in this thread. My fault entirely.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:50 am

NathanDB10 wrote:But haye never ducks, he fights straight up, or slightly crouched. He never bobs and weaves the way Chisora does in a swarming manner. Haye stands off too much, and doesn't have the footwork or footspeed to get under a jab as long as VK, and even if he did, the right hand will be there to meet him. Chisora took loads of shots off VK. OK these may have been diminshed by VK's injury (and age I'll grant you), but I still doubt Haye will be willing to take that much punishment to get in range.

True. He'll have to get within range to counter Vit. The issue here is speed. By the time Vit throws, Haye would meet the target first and load up with his punches. I don't see Haye having much difficulty against Vitali whatsoever. It's not as though Vitali has a Wlad like piston jab or footwork to keep Haye within arm's length.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 11:50 am

bhb001 wrote:
azania wrote:

Az, I offer a full and unreserved apology. I got you mixed up with someone not worthy to even be mentioned in this thread. My fault entirely.

No worries. Credit to you for saying that. OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

azania wrote: Vitali's jab has lost all authority it once had. His footwork, which was never his best attribute, is ponderously slow. If Chisora can slip under his jab, I suspect Haye will have a better and easier time getting through. The question remains Haye's chin. I doubt he would be able to take the punches Chisora took. But I doubt Vit will land with the authority needed to KO Haye. I am fairly confident in a haye KO by R10-11. He will ceratinly score a KD.

I doubt he will try the same tactics he employed against Wlad and Val. He will be more aggressive with a high guard and relying less on a reflex defence.

I'm sorry but that is such a cop out, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Haye can fight any other way than his way. He was well behind on the cards vs Wlad yet didn't try anything different. He was fairly aggressive vs Chisora but looked tired after 5 rounds and vitali won't get caught like dereck did. He fights with a low rate as his body is made for sprints and not marathons. He fights in burst, short powerful burst but can't sustain it for a period of time

Vitali's jab may not be thrown with authority, but he did trow it and throws it in bunches and clocks his right hand so when someone does get past his jab he brings the pain. Haye has never even able to slip jabs with any consistency, he leans out of the way of punches, he doesn't bob, he doesn't weave and doesn't mix it up. Vitali has good footwork, he steps backwards out of the way of incoming attacks then grabs them when they ar riff balance

Vitali is faster than Valuev and haye struggled moreso than 2 average fighters in Chagaev and an ancient Holyfield. If you put the vitali of today against the versions of those 2 when they fought valuev today he would barely lose a round

If vitali is throwing 80 (pawing jabs included) to Hayes 25 he will lose rounds

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
azania wrote: Vitali's jab has lost all authority it once had. His footwork, which was never his best attribute, is ponderously slow. If Chisora can slip under his jab, I suspect Haye will have a better and easier time getting through. The question remains Haye's chin. I doubt he would be able to take the punches Chisora took. But I doubt Vit will land with the authority needed to KO Haye. I am fairly confident in a haye KO by R10-11. He will ceratinly score a KD.

I'm sorry but that is such a cop out, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Haye can fight any other way than his way. He was well behind on the cards vs Wlad yet didn't try anything different. He was fairly aggressive vs Chisora but looked tired after 5 rounds and vitali won't get caught like dereck did. He fights with a low rate as his body is made for sprints and not marathons. He fights in burst, short powerful burst but can't sustain it for a period of time

Vitali's jab may not be thrown with authority, but he did trow it and throws it in bunches and clocks his right hand so when someone does get past his jab he brings the pain. Haye has never even able to slip jabs with any consistency, he leans out of the way of punches, he doesn't bob, he doesn't weave and doesn't mix it up. Vitali has good footwork, he steps backwards out of the way of incoming attacks then grabs them when they ar riff balance

Vitali is faster than Valuev and haye struggled moreso than 2 average fighters in Chagaev and an ancient Holyfield. If you put the vitali of today against the versions of those 2 when they fought valuev today he would barely lose a round

If vitali is throwing 80 (pawing jabs included) to Hayes 25 he will lose rounds

I am not of the opinion that he didn't try anything different against Wlad. Wlad didn't allow him to try anything. He kept the jab in his face, kept his distance when HE chose to. He is a supreme talent imo. Nothing Haye could have done to win other than a lucky and perfect punch. Vitali is an entirely different proposition. He has none (or las lost) the attributes his brother has. Getting past the jab will not be too difficult for Haye.

He was tried after 5 rounds? Not to me he wasn't. He looked fine and finished the fight brilliantly.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:32 pm

Az, what do you think Haye's strategy should be, were the fight to happen?

IMO, if he runs and potshots (ala Valuev, and WK, perhaps to a lesser extent), he'll lose a UD, if he comes forward like Chisora, he'll get knocked out.

If he tries a combination of the two, he'll probably still lose a UD, possibly going down a few times in the process. I acutally thought Chisora won a fair few rounds against VK, but it was still scored a landslide for VK.

I serously doubt Haye can beat VK on points, and I am 99.9% he won't KO Vitali, so how would you see the fight going?

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:37 pm

I can see the argument for Vitali walking away, alma, but if I had to fall on one side of the fence only I'd definitely prefer to see it happen, much as Haye's leapfrogging of other contenders annoys me at times. As a fan, I just want to see the best possible fights at the end of the day.

Vitali still starts as a warm favourite, though.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:38 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:Az, what do you think Haye's strategy should be, were the fight to happen?

IMO, if he runs and potshots (ala Valuev, and WK, perhaps to a lesser extent), he'll lose a UD, if he comes forward like Chisora, he'll get knocked out.

If he tries a combination of the two, he'll probably still lose a UD, possibly going down a few times in the process. I acutally thought Chisora won a fair few rounds against VK, but it was still scored a landslide for VK.

I serously doubt Haye can beat VK on points, and I am 99.9% he won't KO Vitali, so how would you see the fight going?

He's going to be a lot more aggressive. Stand in the pocket more with a high guard and beat Vit to the punch. I can't see him backing Vitali too much if at all, but I expect to see haye coming out in the first throwing bombs to get respect. He stood off against Wlad and that gave him the chance to impose his style even more than he would have done had Haye came out on the attack (as he did against Chisora).

As I said, 10-11 round KO/stoppage.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 15 Oct 2012, 12:43 pm

azania wrote: He's going to be a lot more aggressive. Stand in the pocket more with a high guard and beat Vit to the punch. I can't see him backing Vitali too much if at all, but I expect to see haye coming out in the first throwing bombs to get respect. He stood off against Wlad and that gave him the chance to impose his style even more than he would have done had Haye came out on the attack (as he did against Chisora).

As I said, 10-11 round KO/stoppage.

Here's a question, have you ever seen haye or Vitali box?

Haye, high guard! Aggressive!

Standing in the pocket means your in his range, where he can either tie you up or blast you with the right

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

Here's my problem. In virtually every fight Haye has had as a HW, he's claimed he's going to do this or that, and that there is some big masterplan ala Rocky vs Clubber Lang 2, yet we get the same thing over and over, no jab, no bodyshots, average footwork, and the odd potshot here and there. The only time he throws more than one or two punches is if he has his man hurt, which will not happen against VK.

Haye has good power I'll grant you, but he ain't Ernie Shavers or George Foreman. He lookd good against Chisora because for the first knockdown, Chirsora was an idiot and walked on to the punch while punching something in midair (that weird downward punch which I'll call the caveman punch) which naturally increased the power of the shot (as good as it was). VK will do nothing of the sort, allied to the fact that Haye will be punching upwards.

Haye just doesn't take the chance to get hit in order to land one of his own. He isn't Ricky Hatton. It goes against everything he and Booth stand for, and train to do. They don't operate in that style.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 1:49 pm

No WHU. I have never seen Haye, Wlad, Vitali, Chisora or anyone else box. Next stupid question please.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 1:55 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:Here's my problem. In virtually every fight Haye has had as a HW, he's claimed he's going to do this or that, and that there is some big masterplan ala Rocky vs Clubber Lang 2, yet we get the same thing over and over, no jab, no bodyshots, average footwork, and the odd potshot here and there. The only time he throws more than one or two punches is if he has his man hurt, which will not happen against VK.

Haye has good power I'll grant you, but he ain't Ernie Shavers or George Foreman. He lookd good against Chisora because for the first knockdown, Chirsora was an idiot and walked on to the punch while punching something in midair (that weird downward punch which I'll call the caveman punch) which naturally increased the power of the shot (as good as it was). VK will do nothing of the sort, allied to the fact that Haye will be punching upwards.

Haye just doesn't take the chance to get hit in order to land one of his own. He isn't Ricky Hatton. It goes against everything he and Booth stand for, and train to do. They don't operate in that style.

Its not a question of Haye's strengths, but moreso Vitali's weaknesses of which there are many and Haye has the skill to exploit them. Vit fights with his hands low. Always has. He relies on his height to pull back from punched and his toughness to take a punch. With his poor footwork and slow hands, those deficiencies can be easily (relatively) expolited by Haye if he is more aggressive than in his Wlad fight. I don't mean he just stands there and bangs away or be reincarnated into a Tua type fighter. No. Stay out of range, but when he gets within range, throw more. Also Vitali's slow hand and foot speed will give him more opportunities to land more that usual. I doubt Haye will develop an approach similarly to Wlad and expect a different outcome to that fight. Unless he's going into the fight for a last payday that is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

OK, thats fair enough. I guess we have different opinions on how good VK still is. But assuming you are right about Haye's approach, you must agree that to pull that plan off, it will involve, at some point getting tagged once or twice back by VK. Also, the more Haye lands on VK, the more that VK will look to put Haye down.

Now, I will readily admit that VK is not as good as he used to be, not by a long shot. But, be that as it may, I don't think Haye can get on his bike all night. Eventually, VK will catch him, and he won't let him off the hook like Wlad did now and again, particularly if he is losing on the cards, or cut etc. He will look to put haye down, and I don't think haye has the ability to keep him off for the whole fight.

VK is a lot more cavilair than his brother, he doesn't mind trading. With wlad, as much as Haye was poor that night, he knew that there were certain things he could do to deter Wlad from getting too confident. He did land enough to keep Wlad honest in terms of letting his hands go too much. VK wopn't have that problem. I don't see how Haye would get VK's respect to make him hesitate enough in order for Haye to pull of his/your plan.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

azania wrote:No WHU. I have never seen Haye, Wlad, Vitali, Chisora or anyone else box. Next stupid question please.

Almost as stupid as saying haye is going to be an aggressive fighter with a high guard.

Vitali might not be as good as Wlad but he can tie up as good and EVERY time haye got close or in the pocket Wlad would lean on him and bully him, just as vitali would

Haye is too pretty and too vain to allow himself to be tagged cleanly by someone as big and strong as vitali

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:17 pm

I think Price would beat both Ks

Ok he still has not gone 12 rounds, been hit properly and so on... so this will allways mean his fights have a ? every time he comes up with someone who poses a threat.. But I am getting the feeling he is the real deal, been getting better, fitter, is focused and hits like a Steam Train.. and is pretty quick too!

I think he will beat VK because he is old now and his reflexes clearly fading, hence why Haye all of a sudden wanted to fight him.

against WK I also think he will stand a great chance because he will take away WKs size advantage, more than match him for power and WK has not got the best set of whiskers either.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:21 pm

I think Price is a very, very good fighter. I've been impressed by what he has done in the ring, but perhaps even more importatantly in the long-term, what he has done out of it. He comes across really well, seems a genuine and measured guy.

I think he is the best of the upcoming generation of HW's.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:23 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
azania wrote:No WHU. I have never seen Haye, Wlad, Vitali, Chisora or anyone else box. Next stupid question please.

Almost as stupid as saying haye is going to be an aggressive fighter with a high guard.

Vitali might not be as good as Wlad but he can tie up as good and EVERY time haye got close or in the pocket Wlad would lean on him and bully him, just as vitali would

Haye is too pretty and too vain to allow himself to be tagged cleanly by someone as big and strong as vitali

Sign. You read into things what you will. I said Haye will have to be MORE aggressive. It means more aggressive that he was against Wlad. I'm not saying that he will morph into a Tyson or Tua type fighter. More aggressive doesn't mean he will be an aggressive fighter. Is that understood?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 2:24 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:OK, thats fair enough. I guess we have different opinions on how good VK still is. But assuming you are right about Haye's approach, you must agree that to pull that plan off, it will involve, at some point getting tagged once or twice back by VK. Also, the more Haye lands on VK, the more that VK will look to put Haye down.

Now, I will readily admit that VK is not as good as he used to be, not by a long shot. But, be that as it may, I don't think Haye can get on his bike all night. Eventually, VK will catch him, and he won't let him off the hook like Wlad did now and again, particularly if he is losing on the cards, or cut etc. He will look to put haye down, and I don't think haye has the ability to keep him off for the whole fight.

VK is a lot more cavilair than his brother, he doesn't mind trading. With wlad, as much as Haye was poor that night, he knew that there were certain things he could do to deter Wlad from getting too confident. He did land enough to keep Wlad honest in terms of letting his hands go too much. VK wopn't have that problem. I don't see how Haye would get VK's respect to make him hesitate enough in order for Haye to pull of his/your plan.

Take a shower you get wet. Jump into a boxing ruing expect to get hit. Vit telegraphs his punches more nowadays. I reckon you are looking at Vit of 10 years ago. The Vit of today is nowhere as good.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:33 pm

My point was, that however diminshed VK may be (and I would agree that is a significant amount), he will still find and land on haye eventually.

Haye cannot knock VK out, therefore he will need a decision. Over 12 rounds, VK will either grind him down and take him out as usual, or he will outpoint him, assuming the fight is in germany.

I think the powers that be were happy for someone half decent to "beat" valuev, thats why haye got the nod. German officials will not do that with VK. Haye would have to win every round so conclusively to get a UD, it just wouldn't happen.

As shopworn as he is, VK still has the power, skill and stamnia to beat Haye. People talk about Hay's speed but is he really so much quicker than someone like Adamek?

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:46 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:My point was, that however diminshed VK may be (and I would agree that is a significant amount), he will still find and land on haye eventually.

Haye cannot knock VK out, therefore he will need a decision. Over 12 rounds, VK will either grind him down and take him out as usual, or he will outpoint him, assuming the fight is in germany.

I think the powers that be were happy for someone half decent to "beat" valuev, thats why haye got the nod. German officials will not do that with VK. Haye would have to win every round so conclusively to get a UD, it just wouldn't happen.

As shopworn as he is, VK still has the power, skill and stamnia to beat Haye. People talk about Hay's speed but is he really so much quicker than someone like Adamek?
I think he has diminished to the point where he's ready for the taking. Haye is not Adamek. Haye hits harder, is faster and an all round better boxer than Adamek. Plus Vit has deteriorated since the Adamek fight.

I don't think there was any conspiracy regarding the Val fight. Haye won fairly. Yes if it goes the distance it wouldn't surprise me if there was some cooking of the cards to get a Vit win. It wouldn't matter as I expect Haye to KO him within 11.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

azania wrote:
NathanDB10 wrote:My point was, that however diminshed VK may be (and I would agree that is a significant amount), he will still find and land on haye eventually.

I think he has diminished to the point where he's ready for the taking. Haye is not Adamek. Haye hits harder, is faster and an all round better boxer than Adamek. Plus Vit has deteriorated since the Adamek fight.

I don't think there was any conspiracy regarding the Val fight. Haye won fairly. Yes if it goes the distance it wouldn't surprise me if there was some cooking of the cards to get a Vit win. It wouldn't matter as I expect Haye to KO him within 11.

What are you basing that prediction on? Do you think VK's punch resistance has done an Audley? A lot of people point to the Valuev fight as an example of Haye's power, but I think a lot of that was due to exhaustion on Valuev's part. I don't see any reason to think haye hits hard than any of VK's previous opponents. Also, I would say that to even think about that, haye would need to land a number of combinations, which would obviously mean VK would have the chance to fire back.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next