The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

+11
zx1234
The genius of PBF
ShahenshahG
hampo17
TheMackemMawler
BoxingFan88
bellchees
JabMachineMK2
BallchinianMuffwig
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread - Page 2 Empty Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 02:27

First topic message reminder :

Starts in 30 anyone up for it?

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Sun 14 Oct 2012, 03:46; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:27

I've said from the off that I think Gamboa would just be too big for Nonito, not even mentioning the fact that he's a sensational talent himself. Gamboa's future seems to be at 130 lb upwards - Donaire would really be going some just to compete, never mind win, at 126 lb.

No, if there's a Cuban to go after it has to be Rigondeaux. Arce, Mares etc have considerable gifts themselves, but wouldn't quite get the blood pumping, for me at least, the way that fight would.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

Post by manos de piedra Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:30

I would probably prefer Rigondeaux to have a couple more world level fights and see how he gets on. If they fought now, and Donaire won, I get the impression alot of people would claim Rigndeaux didnt have enough pro experience, which may be a legitimate enough call. In a couple of fights time there wont be any real excuses for either fighter.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:31

I would suggest that over the period 2009-10, Nishioka's performances against Gonzalez and Munroe were of a class that argued that he was both improving with age and worthy of a place on the fringes of the top dozen or so fighters in the world at any weight.

At that sort of age, though, the tipping point into decline is a narrow one and I would agree that since the start of 2011, Nishioka has appeared to be very much in the autumn of his career. However, I still question whether any contemporary 122 pounder could have dominated the Japanese as thoroughly as Donaire.

I respectfully disagree with WHU and Chris on the outcome of a Gamboa fight, unlikely though it is to come to fruition, sadly. Donaire's history indicates that he has been at his best against opponents who force him to show the full extent of his powers; despite the fact that he is the one moving up the weight scale, I feel that there are grounds to believe that Nonito is the more adaptable fighter. I like him by decision in what would be a thrilling fight.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:38

captain carrantuohil wrote:I respectfully disagree with WHU and Chris on the outcome of a Gamboa fight, unlikely though it is to come to fruition, sadly. Donaire's history indicates that he has been at his best against opponents who force him to show the full extent of his powers; despite the fact that he is the one moving up the weight scale, I feel that there are grounds to believe that Nonito is the more adaptable fighter. I like him by decision in what would be a thrilling fight.

Fair enough, cap. I'd back Donaire to navigate Rignodeaux, but think the bigger Cuban might be a bridge too far. As you say, though, it'll probably remain one of the great fights which never happened, sadly.

Mind you, if it does somehow take place and Donaire emerges victorious, he can box in a league of his own as far as I'm concerned!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:42

I doubt any other fighter in the division would have beaten Nishioka as thoroughly but I can definately see a few others in the division beating him which leads me to wonder if he was genuinely the second best in the division.

Munroe and Gonzales arent bad fighters but they arent the kind of wins that I think neccessarily indicate elite level which is the impression I got many were considering him as. Like several of these lower division Asian fighters he seems to not actually have fought all that many of the top guys in his division during his time there.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 16:38

gamboa certainly the toughest fight for nonito out there, i think the sooner this fight happens the more chance he has of being gamboa as he's only fought 12 rounds in 2 years and may be struggling to make 126 given that he schedules fights at lightweight and superfeatherweight this year

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 16:57

Rigo has a glass jaw and he isn't going to be able to avoid getting hit, I think it has Donaire by easy knockout written all over it. Where as Donaire has never even looked hurt...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 16:58

Rigo is also very left hand happy and from what I have seen he also doesn't appear to have much of a jab either.

Donaire is faster and once he lands a few its game over.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2