The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

+11
zx1234
The genius of PBF
ShahenshahG
hampo17
TheMackemMawler
BoxingFan88
bellchees
JabMachineMK2
BallchinianMuffwig
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread Empty Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:27 am

Starts in 30 anyone up for it?

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread Empty Re: Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:44 am

Yea, blows that this isn't on TV

Back to top Go down

Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread Empty Re: Nishioka/Donaire - Rios/Alvarado (FOTY) Live fight thread

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:48 am

is Boxnation not meant to be showing it?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:19 am

First round and already both have landed heavy shots, rios edges it and says to Garcia "I'm loving this" unbelievable

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:23 am

Great fight already, bombs landed an both chins holding up

19-19

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:28 am

29-28 Rios, both seem to hurt each Other in that round but Rios is pushing the action

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:39 am

57-57, Alvarado was pasting rios with shots in the 5th as the 6th but rios rallied late to steal the 6th buzzing Alvarado

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:45 am

FOTY WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing fight, Just back and fortg INCREDIBLE!!

Rios gets to Alvarado in the 7th and pounds him until the ref stops it great war

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:46 am

Donaire next

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:47 am

BOOOOMM!!!

Alvarado takes a huge right left combo and seems out of it on the ropes then Rios lands a couple of huge hooks so the red jumps in

Untill the last 40 seconds of round 6 Alvarado was in the ascendancy and was pounding on Rios but Rios' power shone through and carried on where he started in the 7th

Rios-Matthysse MUST happen, rios' chin never looked to be hurt despite taking clean shots so it'll be highly competitive and matthysse power will be tested

Punch stats: Rios 161/541 Alvarado 176/775
Power punches: Rios 114/440 Alvarado 132/432

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:12 am

Slow start from Nishioka, 20-18 donaire, speed and workrate winning the first 2 without too much landed

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:16 am

Got to admit, I'll find it hard to watch all of this

Nishioka is barely throwing and Donaire can't get anything off

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:22 am

This is frustrating, Donaire just can't land and Nishioka is honestly just defending.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:26 am

Warming up now, that was a good round

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:31 am

I know I'm talking to myself - but this fight is a bit poor. Knockdown in round 6 and then.....boring again. Nishioka hiding behind a solid defense and Donaire not getting through.

Going to bed, night all.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:37 am

Odd stoppage. He took one punch after a knockdown and the ref jumped in. very weird.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:42 am

so from what i gather, Donaire stopped him uninspiringly?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:42 am

Great straight right. The skill difference was mesmerising, quite literally whenever Nishioka opened up he looked set to be in trouble.

Bad fight, but can see why Nishioka was so defensive, he opened up and it was over. Donaire seems to have the problem of being so exceptional that fighters just don't wanna fight him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:44 am

Yeah Nishioka threw like 25 punches in the first 3 rounds and had his right hand glued to his face the whole night, protecting the left hook, too bad Donaire has a perfect straight right...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:49 am

Nishioka was never there to win, he didn't even complain at a very soft stoppage. Very disappointing from him in what will probably be his last fight. Donaire really is the best around right now I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:51 am

Great job by Donaire, his skill level is in a different stratosphere!

Every time Nishioka opened up he got hurt. I think people are selling Donaire short, it was never going to live up to the previous card, a very tough act to follow.

Donaire just demolished the best in the division with ease, where does he go p4p now?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 14 Oct 2012, 7:47 am

That was the first and only time even seen Nishioka fight, is he always that poor, or, was he better when he was a young man?

He looked no better than a domestic fighter. Donaire was just far too powerful. Nishioka felt Donaire's power and shut up shop.

If someone is not throwing shots back then it's easy to show class your skills.

I have learned nothing new about Nonito from watching this fight. Powerful and skillfull. He needs a real test........why has he always got an excuse when Rigo is mentioned?

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 14 Oct 2012, 9:41 am

I've PM'd you a link mate.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

Why's it shocking? Price and Maloney made a deal with Warren to televise his fights. Isn't Donaire with Top Rank anyway? Don't remember Bixnation showing any TR cards since their deal with GBP.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:59 am

Pretty sure he's with TR as Rios was on the card and I know he is. Sky or Primetime usually have to pick those cards up, not sure why they didn't last night especially with the quality of the card.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:13 am

Boxnation were trying apparently but no dice, if they picked up both top rank it would be worth it, theyve got gbp, sauerland an a couple of others. I think if boxnation became a privately owned channel which showed british boxing regardless of promoter it could actually be pretty good

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:21 am

BoxNation has shown a lot of Top Rank cards.

Nishioka is genuinely very good and world class, but really just was seriously shown up against Donaire, which was suprising to me with how easily he handled him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:31 am

He spent a year out and is quite old - I think the lower your weight class the sharper you have to be. In heavier weights you can have a bit of ring rust and get into it - but at the lower weights where speed and skill are much superior theres no room for error. Couple that with Donaires hitting power and you've got a hard days work ahead of you. I didnt see the fight but i'd imagine Nishioka really couldn't cope with what was coming at him and his reflexes werent sharp enough to see the openings and exploit them.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:43 am

Might be alma - but all the boxing we can watch - in one place? its a dream come true. We spend an age trying to find fights then watch them in a tiny lagging screen with grainy footage with a message box to the right infested with racist, homophobic imbeciles. A place to watch all the fights in good quality and good camera work (the promoters can share the cost of professionals between them) is a godsend. Plus with the collaboration of all the promoters we could have a friday night special or even every fortnight. An evening with your mates and partisan support was what made Eubank and co their money.

The difficulty in following boxing is where do you watch it, when is it on, where do we go to find the dates, the tickets. An impartial broadcaster with the entire collecive stables of britain - and the best available stateside could provide regular and steady quality fights and maybe a round up like MOTD over on the beeb. Everything else, football, cricket, tennis, even outside of sports is all about convenience, they bring it to you in a neat little package every time.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:49 am

Donaire should fight Rigondeaux before he goes up...Impressive win but Nishioka struggled with a old Marquez.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:55 am

Bob Arum will make Pacquiao vs Rios in April next year should he get past Marquez...I wonder how long it will take before you lot realise he is the one that has always prevented Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 11:56 am

Donaire should fight Rigondeaux before he goes up...Impressive win but Nishioka struggled with a old Marquez.

rumours circulating that arce is the next opponent in december, not a great test but can't complain if he gets it in before the end of the year, otherwise it should be mares/moreno or rigondeaux next

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

Cements his place as the p4p number 2 now, he's been the recognised champion in 3 different weight classes now with his wins over Darchinya, Montiel and now Nishioka. Nishioka wasn't at his best but was still impressive how easily Donaire dealt with him, one of Mares, Moreno or Rigondeaux after Arce would be perfect.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

Rogndeaux seems to be getting the plaudits now - do you think its justified?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:11 pm

I'm not entirely sold on him yet, he looks fairly impressive albeit with an amateurish style but until he steps his level up i'll reserve judgement.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

Nothing soft about the stoppage, to my mind. A lovely shot to floor the Japanese, who seemed to have had any remaining belief drained from him. One brutal left to the body after the count, and the referee decided, quite wisely in my view, that enough was enough. Donaire had pitched a shut-out, near enough, there was no realistic possibility of his turning the fight around and the likelihood was that Nonito was going to finish matters there and then. In this instance, I applaud a referee who pre-empts an inevitable ending.

The thing about Donaire is that he makes good fighters look helpless. His economy of movement exudes class, he's absolutely content to fight off either foot and his variety of shot is second only to Floyd's. Very few boxers can throw a straight right off the back foot with such power; Donaire's left uppercut is also just about the best in boxing today, for me.

Rigondeaux is obviously a talented lad; however, one has seen great talents become cautious survivors the moment they share a ring with Donaire. Nishioka may have been on the downgrade; he is, after all, 36, but we shouldn't underestimate quite how much Donaire had to do with the apparent erosion of the Japanese's skills. I would make Nonito an overwhelming favourite to beat Rigondeaux - I just think he's a complete fighter. Boxers of that calibre don't much mind who they face, as long as the money is right. If he doesn't square off with Rigo, it is unlikely to be Donaire's fault.

The collateral form lines must favour Donaire against any of Mares, Moreno or Rigo. I believe that in Donaire, we're looking at a potential all-time great, one whose performances should be savoured.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:22 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I'm not entirely sold on him yet, he looks fairly impressive albeit with an amateurish style but until he steps his level up i'll reserve judgement.

I wouldn't say amatuerish style but he does make some amatuerish msitakes - just gets sloppy at times. Its those bloody pillows they wear on thier hands and the headguard - it seems to put them in some sense of invincibility that is exposed immediately in the Pro ranks

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:22 pm

He's a nailed on atg already Captain, a shoe for first ballot HOF entry whether it be the IBHOF or our own version.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

the rounds where nishioka was most agressive and active he got floored in, but then if you're not agressive against him he's got the speed to outbox just about anyone around his weight,

i think the person that would give him most trouble is gamboa at 130, there his speed and size advantages will be neutralised but not sure if gamboa is staying at feather or not.

rigondeaux would be an awkward opponent for donaire but nonito would have too much for him

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

I see your point, Ghosty, and don't necessarily disagree with it. However, I'm always loath to anoint an active fighter who's still the right side of 30 as an atg until I've seen their careers in the round.

Donaire would certainly get my vote; I just want to see how far he goes before making up my mind about precisely where he will fit in with the elite of the past. At the moment, it's fair to say that he will take extremely high rank. Of all fighters who have ever plied their trade at 122 and below, he would rank in my top 10 already. That will change, one imagines for the better, as he goes along. Nevertheless, we can't exclude the remote possibility that something disastrous happens and he goes into freefall. That's the only reason that I'm withholding final judgement.

If Roy Jones had retired 10 years ago, he might well be close to my all-time top 10. As it is, although not all his later losses mean much, some of them do have to count against him; he is therefore a few spots lower in my list - perhaps top 25 or 30. I have to say, though, Donaire is one of the fighters that inspire me today and keep the old love affair with boxing chugging happily along.

Last edited by captain carrantuohil on Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:50 pm

I think it was the corner that threw in the towel, or at least that's what Bob Sapa was saying.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:54 pm

I agree with what you're saying Captain, the willingness to fight the best available, openness to PED blood testing etc. Wish there were more of him around.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm

I'm not surprised in the lightest with how Nishioka fared. I knew he had nothing to worry Donaire and that donaire's speed and reflexes will dominate him. He is a technical fighter which doesn't normally work vs Donaire because technically he is perhaps the best around and won't be beaten by a fights fluke nishioka who has been inactive

Donaire looked big again at the weight and a little less fleshy so hopefully he make s a couple of fights at 122 before moving up. Rigondeux doesn't interest me despite his amateur pedigree and being a world champ. He has fought no one and almost lost to cordoba and got shaken badly by his last opponent who doesn't punch anywhere near the level donaire does

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:59 pm

One thing that does worry me are Donaires hands, he seems to break them badly almost every other fight and at the end of the Vasquez fight as well as last night they were a bloody mess.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:18 pm

Don't worry about the hand, Donaire uploaded a picture of it before the fight, it was an existing injury from sparing. He just knocked out a super bantam with his right hand, that's pretty impressive, since his money punch is the left hook.

Donaire is taking the rest of the year off now so we won't see him again till 2013....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:20 pm

Rigo needs to fight someone of a bit higher level before getting a crack at Donaire. That is exactly what Donaire said, if Rigo does that then the fight will happen. I want him to take on the winner of Mares vs Moreno.

I have a feeling that neither Rigo or Mares would have dealt with Nishioka the way Donaire did.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:31 pm

Agree entirely with BoxingFan. One of the things that has been so admirable about Donaire's career to date is that, in each division in which he has campaigned, he has eventually fought virtually every other major contender to the title of best in that weight class and come out on top.

Implications that he may not fancy fighting this or that opponent simply don't stand up to a thorough scrutiny of his CV up to now. Can anyone honestly suggest that he would deserve to be anything other than hot favourite against Mares, Moreno, Arce or Rigondeaux?

On another note, Donaire does put into some perspective the short-term world title claims of Britain and Ireland's own crop of promising 122-pounders. For all the optimistic noises emanating from Belfast, Leicester, Bury and points in between, Donaire is operating in a different world just now.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:01 pm

I've been banging the Donaire drum on here for a while now, and I'm glad that he gave a full demonstration of just what he's capable of last night. I think that the next couple of years will be crucial for him, as he's a fighter I think might struggle once his speed and reflexes begin to diminish as he goes deeper in to his thirties, but he's already done enough to convince me that he's a great of a high rank.

With regards to a possible Rigondeaux fight, though - don't be surprised if Rigondeaux pulls the upset there, if we're lucky enough to see it. Donaire doesn't throw the jab often and his defence is almost entirely based on footwork, pulling straight back from punches as opposed to using a high guard - might land him in a spot of bother against a technician as lavishly gifted and smooth as Rigondeaux, who won't mind Donaire trying to ambush him with those straight in and out attacks. I genuinely do think that the Cuban is worth the hype and would provide Donaire with the hardest test of his career.

Beautiful style match up, though. It's the fight I want in 2013 from a purely boxing point of view.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:That was the first and only time even seen Nishioka fight, is he always that poor, or, was he better when he was a young man?

He looked no better than a domestic fighter. Donaire was just far too powerful. Nishioka felt Donaire's power and shut up shop.

If someone is not throwing shots back then it's easy to show class your skills.

I have learned nothing new about Nonito from watching this fight. Powerful and skillfull. He needs a real test........why has he always got an excuse when Rigo is mentioned?

Ive never been as sold on Nishioka as many others either. The only fights I had seen him in before were against Munroe and a faded Marquez. He didnt strike me as elite in those fights. Looking at his record he has some good wins but there is nothing really there that warranted him being considered a really top fighter in my view. Donaire is an elite fighter so I didnt really expect this fight to be anything other than a Donaire win but I didnt think again that Nishioka really looked all that great, although I suppose age and inactivity should be considered as mitigating factors. I thought if he was a top level operator he might test Donaire a bit more at least but now Im not so sure he was ever genuinely the second or third best in the division.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

Agree with manos, Nishioka is a fundamentally sound fighter but lacks the tools to be an elite fighter especially at this point if his career. He benefitted from having a long unbeaten record,since an early career loss, against good opposition but struggled to dominate or win shut outs to fighters he should

Donaire can move onwards and upwards afte this but there are much tougher fights out there for him.

I hope he fights Gamboa at featherweight, although Gamboa wants to move up, although I only see a Gamboa win. He can more than match donaire for hand and footspeed, I actually think he is quicker than nonito, plus he hits like a mule and a skills set that will mean he won't be getting outboxed. Both like to have there guards low and whoever is quicker will exploit that

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next