The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado - Predictions

4 posters

Go down

Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado - Predictions Empty Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado - Predictions

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Tough fight, Alvarado was being outboxed by Prescott for the first half of there fight (Although to be fair Prescott looked fantastic early on) Alvarado really showed a great desire to win when things were going wrong and getting seriously tough. Rios was clearly awarded a daylight robbery in his last fight against Abril. Must be said he was so incredibly weight drained it was painful, at 140 he should be able to make weight and still rehydrate to be a BIG imposing LWW.

Just a straight toe to toe war in this one, both tough as old boots, but I favour Rios.

Thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado - Predictions Empty Re: Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado - Predictions

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:26 pm

agreed, but seeing how he came back against prescott (who permformed fantastic that night and does have power) rios needs to be on at his best, and not be lazy (something his can be guilty of). that said i think rios is a machine and cant bet against him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado - Predictions Empty Re: Brandon Rios Vs. Mike Alvarado - Predictions

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Rios may be coming up from lightweight he may still be the bigger man out of the 2 as he was one of the biggest lightweights I've ever seen

He was ridiculous drained at 135 so having that little extra bit of weight should make him more powerful. Alvarado is tough as nails and wasn't ever buzzed by Prescott who hit him with his hardest shots. I don't feel like he has as much power as rios and in the end it could be the difference

Rios showed what happens when you meet him head on with his 3 round blowout of Antillon who doesn't go down easy and Alvarado struggled with herrera's inside game. If Alvarado uses his height and reach to give angles it could make it close but I see Rios stopping him round 8-10

Hopefully the winner fights Matthysse in another great slugfest

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:02 am

Remember coxy bigging up Rios as the new messiah...saying he would knock out Marquez quite laughably.

Rios gets exposed as a hype job....struggled against garbage like Murray and got schooled by average Abril.

Alvarado got outboxed by Prescott and got away with it in the last round...Fancy Rios as I dont really rate Alvarado.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:28 am

Bit harsh to say he struggled with Murray, he won every round, it was inevitable with the styles that he was gonna ship punishment and Murrays solid Euro/Fringe level. Must also be put out there that he severely botched his weight and that affected his performance massively.

Also, to say Alvarado "Got away with it" is very harsh, he moved in for the kill at the right time and landed some awesome accurate uppercuts to end things. Similar to Froch/Taylor.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down