The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

+14
hampo17
lorus59
Adam D
Ent
Colan (niner)
JamesLincs
The Special Juan
Dave.
Liam
Kay Fabe
monty junior
Crimey
RinoGattuso
Duty281
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October - Page 2 Empty World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wales v Scotland (19:45)
England v San Marino (20:00)

Battle of Britain on Friday night should be interesting, while the only real talking point about England's game is can England hit double figures?

Predictions:

Wales 2-1 Scotland
England 7-0 San Marino

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

Post by JamesLincs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 1:35 pm

ne na ne na ne na ne na, the 606 police are on their way

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

Post by Thomond Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm

People called me stupid for saying we should get rid of Trap after the Euros. I would be laughing if it wasn't so tragic. A complete joke of a manager. He will stay in the role as the FAI won't pay to get rid of him.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 8:48 am

Thats what I was saying to the lads over the weekend.

We should have got rid of him in the summer(after euros), and have had a new manager in before there qualifiers.

Was at the game friday, vey bad, despite Germany being a class side.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 15 Oct 2012, 1:18 pm

Does anyone have an opinion on England's 5-0 victory over San Marino?

For me it was a bit of a poor performance - yes, I know playing against a flat back 10 is a bit difficult, but too many of our players didn't show the skill or accuracy in passing that should characterise a top international side (England aspire to be one of the top 5 at least, although at the moment I think we are more realistically about 8th to 10th best). Too many times, passes were behind their target and so lose any momentum in the move - Lennon and Wellbeck in particular just seem to be too careless in executing relatively short passes. Too often as well we pass the ball to a player who has to fight for possession, rather than to the guy in space.

It's the loss of movement that these flaws cause that is big difference between flowing interpassing football as so well executed by Spain, and the stodgy stuff we produce so often. We're not a million miles away from producing a good performance, but it's so frustrating to watch how frequently we do something that is 'nearly but not quite' good.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2