The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

+14
hampo17
lorus59
Adam D
Ent
Colan (niner)
JamesLincs
The Special Juan
Dave.
Liam
Kay Fabe
monty junior
Crimey
RinoGattuso
Duty281
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October Empty World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

Wales v Scotland (19:45)
England v San Marino (20:00)

Battle of Britain on Friday night should be interesting, while the only real talking point about England's game is can England hit double figures?

Predictions:

Wales 2-1 Scotland
England 7-0 San Marino

Duty281

Back to top Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October Empty Re: World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

Post by RinoGattuso Fri 12 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

I hate internationals.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October Empty Re: World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:04 pm

Rooney is going to captain England as well. Will be interesting to see if it has an effect on his temperament. Surprised Joe Hart wasn't given the armband before Rooney.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:40 pm

Predictions

Wales 0 Scotland 2
England 0 San Marino 0

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

Hoping we get 10+ tonight. San Marino are officially the joint-worst team in the World and only have 1 pro player. Rooney to score 4+!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 4:46 pm

Is anybody watching the shooting practice tonight? I'll probably watch the Wales/Scotland match.

England should bag at least 8.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 12 Oct 2012, 5:14 pm

8-3 to Scotland tonight

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 12 Oct 2012, 5:22 pm

Can't wait for Wales-Scotland tonight. Massive game for both, Wales I hope will come out with real intensity to prove a point after that horrendous display vs Serbia. I just hope they install some pride that has been lost in the red jersey since Gary's death.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 5:37 pm

Irrelevant stat: Wales haven't drawn a match (competitive or friendly) in 41 games. Quite staggering that in international football. 0-0 it is then!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:10 pm

Away from Britain, Russia have beaten Portugal 1-0. That leaves Portugal slightly adrift in 2nd place.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:39 pm

Is the Scotland Wales match free to air?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:46 pm

Dave. wrote:Is the Scotland Wales match free to air?

Sky Sports 1.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:48 pm

None of the regions showing it, like S4C?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

Dave. wrote:None of the regions showing it, like S4C?

Not that I can see. England team for tonight:

Hart; Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Carrick, Cleverley, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Rooney, Welbeck.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:16 pm

ROUTE 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:25 pm

it could be a true underdog story, but against all the odds, can we beat san marino? in all seriousness, i dont like itv taking the pee out of san marino scoring that goal after 10 odd seconds

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:29 pm

I've been thinking for days that England will labour to a 1-0 win or something similar. Because the players are so gullible (except Baines who I hear is quite clever), they will turn up and expect to win.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:36 pm

God Andy Townsend talks some rubbish. How was Wellbeck cute in winning that penalty?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:38 pm

Plays for Man Utd so therefore it's a dive (or he went down "easy") Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it won't be a laboured 1-0 win or something.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:42 pm

Scotland fans once again showing why they are best in the world, seeing the fans continue to sing the entire national anthem despite the singer doing only a few verses was classic, especially when she started to sing the wales one during it and got drowned out . I know Wales haven't had a great football time of late but the lack of support is embarassng. 7000 Scotland fans sound like 50,000, i was expecting some back and forth was the atmosphere but seems not

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:30 pm

Ireland have taken a real tonking tonight. Currently 6-0 down. Is Trap's time up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:40 pm

Gutted that Scotland lost out and despite having to admit that Wales were great 2nd half, I can't praise diving. Bale has had two blatant dives, one for spurs last week and this one for the penalty. Add to that the disallowed goal for Scotland and constant diving of Aaron Ramsey, I can't help but feel frustrated. I actually moaned about Commons falling over a little too easily but maybe we should have laid out to get some momentum

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:43 pm

Bale is making a real reputation for himself and doing himself no favours in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:45 pm

world class player and a great watch, but kissing the badge and acting cocky to the camera after taking a dive leaves me a little disappointed in football tbh

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:47 pm

Sad stuff Niner. Totally agree with ya.

Regarding Scotland do you think Levien has to go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:52 pm

I think he should but wouldn't happen until after Belgium game. After all Scotland have a habit of playing their best and getting results against the top teams. I never wanted Levein in the first place, don't think his tactics are anywhere near good enough and don't like his arrogance.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:57 pm

Simples for England, but San Marino were really negative, 11 men behind the ball. Still, it's 3 points closer to the World Cup and Ukraine got held to a draw today so that's even better. Wales beating Scotland Laugh Scotland deffo aren't going to Brazil, what a shame! Laugh

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 10:16 pm

San Marino only play one way though Duty. No disrespect to the smaller footballing nations but what do they bring to the party? Time for a review I think.

I wont take any joy from Scotland's demise as my mother is from the great land and I always want them to do well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 12 Oct 2012, 10:34 pm

Duty281 wrote:Wales beating Scotland Laugh Scotland deffo aren't going to Brazil, what a shame! Laugh

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October 1347041234

And people wonder why Scottish people dislike the English when it comes to football.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Wales beating Scotland Laugh Scotland deffo aren't going to Brazil, what a shame! Laugh

World Cup Qualifiers Thread 12th October 1347041234

And people wonder why Scottish people dislike the English when it comes to football.

They dislike English people full stop. My mother hates my guts. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:08 pm

I don't dislike England, also have family down south. Just think the fans aren't the sort that create a good atmosphere wise and that they are an overrated team. I know most England fans aren't deluded but I've been unfortunate enough to be down there in 2006 world cup and 2012 euro's and all i heard is how they would win it. I like England the country but would root against the football team every time. Maybe it's just a Scottish thing, we all hate the football team, but not the place or people (well maybe 80% do....)

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm

Bale and ramseyxshould e ashamed of themselves. Bale needs a long band one of the worst divers to grace the game.

As for the emerald isle think we did alright, unfortunate score line but Germany had an on night scoring with 6/8 shots on target and I thought we played alright. Reid looks to be some player.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

Reus not Reid damn auto correct

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:44 pm

England never will win a major international tournament in my lifetime and I say that because we are never making strides towards doing so. We boast of being a footballing super-power when in reality we are 2nd tier at best. The last decent England side I have seen was the great Bobby Robson's side in 1990.

Yes we had a memorable Euro 96 where we went out on penalties in the semi's but even then we drew 3 of our 5 games (90 minutes and extra time) all of which where held at Wembley or more to the point at home.

The minimum requirement for the English national team is qualification to the next major tournament and the maximum requirement is a quarter finals exit. I agree Niner that there are many England deluded England supporters that genuinely believe that we will one day go all the way but it just ain't gonna happen.

Those responsible for creating the Premier League boasted that it would benefit the national team but the fact is it's actually taken us back and the hole is getting deeper. Apart from making very average footballers very wealthy men the Premier League has done nothing to enhance the England football team whatsoever.

The performance tonight was adequate but when your manager is jumping out of his seat after you go 2-0 up against the mighty San Marino it says everything you need to know. We are what we are.... average.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 13 Oct 2012, 1:17 am

Bale is a magnificent player but he is a monkey pussed cheat. He even lied in the interview after, Maloney clearly never touched him and he kicked his own leg, that with the utterly baffling dissallowed goal for Fletcher. It wasn't even close to going out?

To be fair we were rubbish again, playing against a struggling defense we barely had a go in the second half, the game should have been done. Don't know who to be angry at, the cheat, Levein or the linesmen. If it wasn't done before it definetely is now, Belgium away next, no hope in hell.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 13 Oct 2012, 9:22 am

niner wrote:Scotland fans once again showing why they are best in the world, seeing the fans continue to sing the entire national anthem despite the singer doing only a few verses was classic, especially when she started to sing the wales one during it and got drowned out . I know Wales haven't had a great football time of late but the lack of support is embarassng. 7000 Scotland fans sound like 50,000, i was expecting some back and forth was the atmosphere but seems not

I was at the game last night and to me the Scots showed a complete lack of disrespect towards the WElsh by singing over their anthem. If it had been vice versa, the Scots would be up in arms (and quite rightly so).

Well done Wales - a good result after another poor performance. ANd Bale was not very good all night in my opinion. The Welsh crowd in the second half were excellent.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:05 am

Have to disagree Adam, the singer didn't know the words to the anthem and sung only half the song. I've been to every home Scotland game since 2002 and quite a few away days and the song has always been sung in full. I'd get the point if the anthem was finished and then the Scotland funs done it, but they cut it half way through and I would have done the exact same thing had I been there. Agree with the Wales fans, was a little disappointed with them in the first half being so quiet, especially because Scotland weren't playing well but they emerged in the second. I though Bale was great all night, a diving cheat but a top player, not often you see one man tear a defense to shreds. I can see why someone that doesn't know the Scots anthem might think they were rude to the Welsh anthem. But as a Scot, I find it disrespectful to sing the wrong words, and cut the song halfway through without even singing the chorus.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:31 am

FreekShow wrote:England never will win a major international tournament in my lifetime and I say that because we are never making strides towards doing so. We boast of being a footballing super-power when in reality we are 2nd tier at best. The last decent England side I have seen was the great Bobby Robson's side in 1990.

Yes we had a memorable Euro 96 where we went out on penalties in the semi's but even then we drew 3 of our 5 games (90 minutes and extra time) all of which where held at Wembley or more to the point at home.

The minimum requirement for the English national team is qualification to the next major tournament and the maximum requirement is a quarter finals exit. I agree Niner that there are many England deluded England supporters that genuinely believe that we will one day go all the way but it just ain't gonna happen.

Those responsible for creating the Premier League boasted that it would benefit the national team but the fact is it's actually taken us back and the hole is getting deeper. Apart from making very average footballers very wealthy men the Premier League has done nothing to enhance the England football team whatsoever.

The performance tonight was adequate but when your manager is jumping out of his seat after you go 2-0 up against the mighty San Marino it says everything you need to know. We are what we are.... average.

People forget we would have made the Final in 2002 had we been on the other side of the draw to Brazil (though we'd still have lost in the Final). People forget that we'd have probably won Euro 2004 if it wasn't for Urs Meier. People forget we were robbed blind in 2006 and 2010. People forget we drew 0-0 in 2012 with the second best team in Europe over 120 minutes while racked with injuries. I have full confidence that if 2014 isn't our year, 2016 will be.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:17 am

If there was a picture to describe optimism in the dictionary, then it would be Duty's. England is a decent team and hard to beat, but if there was a world league in which the top 20 countries (I assume England would be there) played each other home and away, I think the best England could hope for is a top 8 finish.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:52 am

im pretty sure maloney clipped bales leg causing him to bring himself down, not really a dive is it

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

Haven't seen the incident but is the contact really enough to make him go down? Remember Suarez was labelled a diver after going down against United after a clash of knees.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 13 Oct 2012, 12:40 pm

From looking at the incident again, Bale clips his own feet together. That alone doesn't mke him a cheat, but the way he left the air for no reason afterwards and started moaning to the ref is embarassing. Unfortunately he has developed a reputation as a diver and as of now, I'm starting to buy into it after seeing him dive, or go down easy in his last 3 games. Ramsey dived a few times as well which was frustrating. Even if Maloney did slightly touch him, nobody will ever be able to convince me his little dive into the air afterwards was a natural movement. Unfortunately great players like Bale get the benefit of the doubt even when they cheat

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 1:19 pm

lorus59 wrote:If there was a picture to describe optimism in the dictionary, then it would be Duty's. England is a decent team and hard to beat, but if there was a world league in which the top 20 countries (I assume England would be there) played each other home and away, I think the best England could hope for is a top 8 finish.

This is a question people tend to avoid: Who would you stake your life on to beat England?

Brazil and Spain, yes probably. But who after that? France/Italy couldn't beat us at Euro 2012. We have a 50/50 record against the Germans since 2000. Argentina couldn't beat us in 98, and lost in 2002 and 2005. Portugal couldn't beat England in 04 or 06. Holland are cack defensively and did worse than England at Euro 2012. Croatia lost 4-1 and 5-1 last time Uruguay? No. Colombia? No. Russia? No. Greece? You're having a laugh.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 13 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

With Bale, why dive when you can pull off pieces of magic like this?

http://ccooper.co.uk/images/balegoal.gif

Everyone is talking about his dive and not that brilliant goal for the winner
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

Duty281 wrote:
lorus59 wrote:If there was a picture to describe optimism in the dictionary, then it would be Duty's. England is a decent team and hard to beat, but if there was a world league in which the top 20 countries (I assume England would be there) played each other home and away, I think the best England could hope for is a top 8 finish.

This is a question people tend to avoid: Who would you stake your life on to beat England?

Brazil and Spain, yes probably. But who after that? France/Italy couldn't beat us at Euro 2012. We have a 50/50 record against the Germans since 2000. Argentina couldn't beat us in 98, and lost in 2002 and 2005. Portugal couldn't beat England in 04 or 06. Holland are cack defensively and did worse than England at Euro 2012. Croatia lost 4-1 and 5-1 last time Uruguay? No. Colombia? No. Russia? No. Greece? You're having a laugh.

Let's be honest, if it was a league, England may not get beaten that many times they you would not win that many either. So many drawn games would put them mid-table. In most of those drawn games England rode their luck and were usually out played. I think you would have to say Belgium is also a superior team.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2012, 3:59 pm

So what you are saying Duty is England can very well be considered the 3rd best side in the world?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2012, 4:09 pm

Olly wrote:With Bale, why dive when you can pull off pieces of magic like this?

It's the same with Maradonna's hand of god goal. He scored arguably the greatest goal in World Cup history in the same match but that barely gets a mention, on these shores anyway.

Had that handball been spotted we'd have undoubtedly gone on to win that World Cup with ease......

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 13 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

FreekShow wrote:So what you are saying Duty is England can very well be considered the 3rd best side in the world?

Probably joint 3rd with Germany. Not really sure about Belgium yet, we'll get a real understanding of what they can do in June 2014.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

Duty281 wrote:
FreekShow wrote:England never will win a major international tournament in my lifetime and I say that because we are never making strides towards doing so. We boast of being a footballing super-power when in reality we are 2nd tier at best. The last decent England side I have seen was the great Bobby Robson's side in 1990.

People forget we would have made the Final in 2002 had we been on the other side of the draw to Brazil (though we'd still have lost in the Final). People forget that we'd have probably won Euro 2004 if it wasn't for Urs Meier. People forget we were robbed blind in 2006 and 2010. People forget we drew 0-0 in 2012 with the second best team in Europe over 120 minutes while racked with injuries. I have full confidence that if 2014 isn't our year, 2016 will be.

Fuxache.
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

Olly wrote:With Bale, why dive when you can pull off pieces of magic like this?

It wouldn't have been a winner if he didn't dive for the first, tool.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next