The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Week 5

+3
skins4ever
TM Moot
Pr4wn
7 posters

Go down

Fantasy Week 5 Empty Fantasy Week 5

Post by Pr4wn Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:53 am

Two receivers from Mike Wallace, AJ Green and Reggie Wayne.

I'm thinking leave Wallace on the bench as he has the hardest matchup...

I'm starting 3 RBs in AP, Foster and McGahee.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Week 5 Empty Re: Fantasy Week 5

Post by TM Moot Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:52 pm

AJ and one other...can't leave the top WR out Very Happy

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 05 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

OK, Hixon (Giants v Browns) or MIller (Steelers v Eagles). I'm leaning towards Hixon with Barden and Nicks out.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 05 Oct 2012, 8:58 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Two receivers from Mike Wallace, AJ Green and Reggie Wayne.

I'm thinking leave Wallace on the bench as he has the hardest matchup...

I'm starting 3 RBs in AP, Foster and McGahee.

I'm happily starting Reggie Wayne... I don't think the Pack's secondary is in anyway "fixed" and the Colts will have to throw it a fair bit against Green Bay as they will likely be behind and there run game is not wonderful anyway.
ALWAYS start AJ Green...

I'm adding AJ to the "Julio Jones list of players people ask about for no good reason and for whom I will now recommend benching for comedy value"

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 05 Oct 2012, 8:59 pm

skins4ever wrote:OK, Hixon (Giants v Browns) or MIller (Steelers v Eagles). I'm leaning towards Hixon with Barden and Nicks out.

Would possibly agree now that Nicks is out (especially if Barden is too - I haven't seen that news yet but I knew he was banged up). Hixon looked to connect well with Manning last week.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 05 Oct 2012, 9:31 pm

skins4ever wrote:OK, Hixon (Giants v Browns) or MIller (Steelers v Eagles). I'm leaning towards Hixon with Barden and Nicks out.
Not sure what the Eagles are like vs TE's but they are one of the few teams who have the ability to cover and limit both Wallace and Brown so although Pittsburgh have been sharing the receptions around abit (think they had 10 different receivers against Oakland) Miller looks to me to be a safe bet at getting a good chunk of the targets.

Need an RB: CJ Spiller (vs SF), Reggie Bush (vs Cin), Chris Johnson (vs Min).

crazydave_23 wrote:I'm adding AJ to the "Julio Jones list of players people ask about for no good reason and for whom I will now recommend benching for comedy value"
Does the league where I have Julio, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Miles Austin, Pierre Garcon for 2 WR spots and a Flex count as a good reason?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:02 pm

Derbyblue wrote:
Need an RB: CJ Spiller (vs SF), Reggie Bush (vs Cin), Chris Johnson (vs Min).

Take Bush.
SF run defence means benching anyone not named Arian Foster or Ray Rice. Especially when CJ is in a timeshare, has a niggle and therefore still wont likely be 100%
Additionally I believe that the Vikes are second in the league in terms of rush defence or something like that. I don't trust CJ2K too much. I'd play him as a flex because i'm taking the Titans to win - but Bush is probably a safer choice.

Derbyblue wrote:
crazydave_23 wrote:I'm adding AJ to the "Julio Jones list of players people ask about for no good reason and for whom I will now recommend benching for comedy value"

Does the league where I have Julio, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Miles Austin, Pierre Garcon for 2 WR spots and a Flex count as a good reason?

Start Bowe, Austin and Garcon in flex... even if the latter is inactive again. It's not worth taking the risk that the Falcons could go 100% run against the increibly strong pass defence in DC.
I'm benching Matt Ryan and Tony Gonzalez due to this risk and starting Carson Palmer and Brandon Pettigrew on a bye in case someone throws an INT or fumbles and gets me negative points.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:34 am

double post

Last edited by bambamwillis on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:35 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:

Derbyblue wrote:

Start Bowe, Austin and Garcon in flex... even if the latter is inactive again. It's not worth taking the risk that the Falcons could go 100% run against the increibly strong pass defence in DC.
I'm benching Matt Ryan and Tony Gonzalez due to this risk and starting Carson Palmer and Brandon Pettigrew on a bye in case someone throws an INT or fumbles and gets me negative points.

hahaha

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:25 am

Austin has a bye this week?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:

Could have just said yes... And yes Pr4wn Austin is on a bye this week, wasn't really wanting the help with the choices this week.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm

You really shouldnt have both White and Jones. Would try to trade one. If you keep them both then they take your WR spots no matter what the matchup. You can't just play one. Chances are the one you leave on your bench goes off. So really your question should be 1 from Bowe, Austin and Garcon.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down