The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 14 Fantasy Help

+6
thunder and lightning
SuperTanker
mikeygnfl
crazy_dave23
Whackamole
Dominic Dicoco
10 posters

Go down

Week 14 Fantasy Help Empty Re: Week 14 Fantasy Help

Post by Dominic Dicoco Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

hmm only real decision is whether I go for Santana Moss or Malcolm Floyd. Really wish Fred Jackson didn't get hurt though, struggling at RB.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:05 am

Dominic Dicoco wrote:hmm only real decision is whether I go for Santana Moss or Malcolm Floyd. Really wish Fred Jackson didn't get hurt though, struggling at RB.

I wouldn't buy into Malcolm Floyd, was doing nothing prior to being injured and beat up on a Jags D that was down to it's 4th and 5th choice cornerbacks. Seeing as though Grossman looks to be back as the Redskins QB I would take Moss
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

Think I agree whackamole, I'm going to put Moss in instead. Hopefiully it will pay off.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:50 pm

They play New England this, for this week at least, Moss is your man
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Week 14 Fantasy Help Empty Week 14 Fantasy Help

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 8:46 pm

Agreed... Take Moss

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:00 pm

I need three RBs from Chris Johnson, Foster, Lynch and Bradshaw plus two WRs from Nelson, Crabtree, Decker, Harvin and Knox.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Fri 09 Dec 2011, 7:36 am

NFL MIKE wrote:I need three RBs from Chris Johnson, Foster, Lynch and Bradshaw plus two WRs from Nelson, Crabtree, Decker, Harvin and Knox.

Play Johnson, Foster & Lynch at RB. They are all arguably current top 10 running backs in terms of fantasy. Bradshaw generally would have more upside than Lynch but the fact he's still not practicing fully and still has a broken toe puts him bottom of the list this week. Lynch is also going against St Louis who give up a lot to RB's

Nelson has had 2 very quiet games so I would expect him to go off on one this week. He's your WR1. Harvin is going against a Lions D# that is slowly getting worse. No Suh and probably no Nick Fairley means Ponder will have plenty of time to find Harvin downfield, add to the mix his special teams ability and the fact he he will get a few running plays I think he is a must start this week too
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

Agree with Wackamole on the WR's definitely Harvin and Nelson for me from those.

I have made some very bad calls all season with my RB's though, so it's probably best I leave that one well alone.

However, I do have my own RB quandry, I need two from;
Gerhart, Stewart, Pierre Thomas & Donald Brown. I don't fancy the match ups for Brown and Stewart, but if Ingram is fit, Thomas won't get the work. I just wish McFadden would get fit in a hurry!!

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

When 'all day' Peterson stopped running all day I picked up Stewart and he's seen me through 2 games (ppr league) but I dropped him this week and picked up Gerhart as a handcuff to Peterson. So I would roll with Gerhart first.

Your next choice is awful quite frankly, Ingram will probably play so Thomas is a no as he won't get the carries. Forget Donald, Colts play the ravens. I hate Stewarts matchup against the Falcons but he's the best of what you've got.

If I was you is look at dropping Donald and try and pick someone up. Has Spiller been taken yet? He would play before all of them. If your desperate try and pick up Ricky Williams, he will get points this week against the colts even if he is behind Rice Rice Baby.
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Fri 09 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

Also to add, if Barber is avaliable as a FA I'd pick him up as a possible fill in. With Cutler out they should be looking to run the ball a bit more and Barber has been fairly productive behind a solid Bears O-line for the run.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 09 Dec 2011, 5:43 pm

i'd play crabtree over nelson, pp7 will be great but crabtree schooled him badly in the last game time after time, can't guarantee a big game but peterson struggled badly last time

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 09 Dec 2011, 6:17 pm

Need some help because of injuries.

Team 1: Starting Ray Rice and Michael Bush at RB, need a flex and 2 WR from Andre Johnson, Laurent Robinson, Decker, Ingram, Beanie Wells and Malcolm Floyd.

Thinking of keeping Wells benched (vs 49ers) and playing Ingram as flex, but not sure about the receivers

Team 2: Need one RB from Barber, Felix Jones, Daniel Thomas, Kevin Smith and Ben Tate. Starting CJ2K. Cruz, Nicks and Antonio Brown already

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 09 Dec 2011, 6:18 pm

Well I'm glad I started Heath Miller last night, 0.1 points!

My normal weekly problem, Santonio Holmes, Andre Johnson, James Jones, Miles Austin, Doug Baldwin.

Would you all agree that I should definitely start Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy and Maurice Jones-Drew?

If so I need 2 WR and a Flex from: LeGarrette Blount, Willis McGahee, Jordy Nelson, Anquan Boldin, Dez Bryant, Santonio Holmes, Deion Branch.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 09 Dec 2011, 6:56 pm

Derby

How many of those receivers do you need? I would go Holmes, Austin and AJ, assuming you need 3, if Andre is out then James Jones

Definitely play those 3 RBs, how did you end up with all of them??

I would go for Jordy, Dez and Blount out of that group

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 09 Dec 2011, 8:50 pm

Yeah I need 3 of those WR's don't know how I missed that out.

It was a very very good autodraft, which with some waiver pick ups for WR has me leading the league and already have a bye in the playoffs which start next week. Just looked at my opponent's team, not sure why I'm even bothering he has Peyton Manning and Sam Bradford starting at QB.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:27 pm

Next Up...

#1 The banged up Julio Jones or the Patriot feasting Santana Moss (I think this one is obvious but needing justification... Jones... i'm also not even going to go down the Brady vs Tebow route as there also on this team!)

#2 1 WR and a Flex (I've already played Mike Wallace) from Willis McGahee, Beanie Wells vs the impenetrable 49ers, Ryan Matthews, Steve Smith Carolina, Jeremy Maclin and Dez Bryant

#3 One defense out of the Broncos vs Bears match at Mile High. I have both teams you see Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:32 am

Crazy_dave

1. I would go for Julio, but not so obvious as you said. Turner is going to absolutely destroy the Panthers run D, as they are without their starting DTs and were never any good at stopping the run anyway. The Pats can't stop the pass, and the Skins will have to throw

2. Matthews and Smith

3. Broncos - Hanie is going to be running from Miller and Dumervil all game long and the Chiefs picked him off 3 times last week!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:45 pm

Need 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 Flex from the following:

WR: Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Miles Austin, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon

RB: Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Darren Sproles

I'm currently thinking I'll go with Smith and Nicks at WR with Foster Bush and Lynch playing as my RB's/Flex but I'm not really too sure about it.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

thunder and lightning wrote:Need 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 Flex from the following:

WR: Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Miles Austin, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon

RB: Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Darren Sproles

I'm currently thinking I'll go with Smith and Nicks at WR with Foster Bush and Lynch playing as my RB's/Flex but I'm not really too sure about it.

Lynch has to play. He's a top 10 RB this season and they are going up against a St Louis team who are just ugly against the run. Lunch will have 120 + all purpose yards and at least 1 td.

I would have agreed with the rest of your choices but with Ingram being out Sproles should see more touches

Smith, Nicks

Foster, Lynch & Sproles
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:48 pm

2 spots from:

Maurice Morris (K.Smith=Out), Beanie Wells, Jonathan Stewart, Green-Ellis and Crabtree.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down