The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly?

3 posters

Go down

Have the new TMO powers,

New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Vote_lcap56%New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Vote_lcap22%New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Vote_lcap22%New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Empty New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly?

Post by MrsP Sun 30 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

I know we are only a few weeks into the new season but I wondered what were peoples' inital impressions of the new powers?

There already seem to have been some instances when the TMO could have mentioned foul play in the act of scoring but has not. Have they made the game better with foul play more likely to be dealt with on the field or are they just giving folk another thing to moan about after the game?Will their usefulness increase as officials become more familiar with them?

What do you think of them? It would be great if you could mention the competition you watch most as the rules are different in different leagues.

Thanks!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly? Empty Re: New TMO powers. Good, Bad or Ugly?

Post by LondonTiger Sun 30 Sep 2012, 11:21 pm

AP followere where we have one week left of the trial. In general I reckon it has made no real difference - but was close to saying just another thing to moan about.

For two weeks now I have been sat at welford Rd wondering what the ref was going to the TMO for.

As far as I know the one thing I really liked that TMOs could do - correct/alert the ref around serious foul play has not been needed. Perhaps knowing they would be picked up has meant players have been better behaved - not sure.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:21 am

It's been a mixed bag for me, MrsP, some good implementations and some duff decisions that have arisen. The problem is that I think it could take a while longer before everyone gets comfortable with using them properly, and they may not get the time for that OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 01 Oct 2012, 9:09 am

I have to admit that I had not realised the trial was so short.

Anyone know why this was ?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:49 am

I think it is so they can review the results during the HC window, before deciding whether to continue and if so what modifications to make.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down