The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]EXCLUSIVE: Khan appoints Ward's trainer Hunter as replacement for Roach[/b]

+7
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
joeyjojo618
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
azania
Lance
Volcanicash
11 posters

Go down

[b]EXCLUSIVE: Khan appoints Ward's trainer Hunter as replacement for Roach[/b] Empty [b]EXCLUSIVE: Khan appoints Ward's trainer Hunter as replacement for Roach[/b]

Post by Volcanicash Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:32 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2209449/EXCLUSIVE-Amir-Khan-appoints-Virgil-Hunter-trainer.html

Shrewd choice by Khan!!

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

[b]EXCLUSIVE: Khan appoints Ward's trainer Hunter as replacement for Roach[/b] Empty Re: [b]EXCLUSIVE: Khan appoints Ward's trainer Hunter as replacement for Roach[/b]

Post by Lance Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:33 pm

he ditched roach to save money. i expect hunter is a bargain

Lance

Back to top Go down

[b]EXCLUSIVE: Khan appoints Ward's trainer Hunter as replacement for Roach[/b] Empty Re: [b]EXCLUSIVE: Khan appoints Ward's trainer Hunter as replacement for Roach[/b]

Post by azania Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

How do you know he ditched Roach to save money? What a silly comment. Did Hatton ditch Graham to save money?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

got nothing to do with hatton. strange comparison Az.

i never said i know, just my take on it. could be wrong, but certainly not absurd to suggest it. roach is known for being one of the most expensive trainers in the sport, and khans career has taken a nose dive. he was struggling to sell tickets in america as it was

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:49 pm

Many boxers have fired Roach before. Many more will do so in future. Its about boxers improving and getting different trainers to teach them something new. I reckon Khan reached the end of the road with Roach and went to Hunter to learn some defensive skills. Great move by Khan. Why stay with a trainer who you have lost confidence in and crossing the globe to train with? This time Khan will have a settled base.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 28 Sep 2012, 7:47 am

You're bang on Lance probably. Khan and his whole family are money grabbing vermin. Blaming everyone else around them for every feather pinched from their cap.

Sure Khan's losses were all down to Roach so may a peasant trainer like Hunter will be better for them to control and bully like they are known to do when it comes to money.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri 28 Sep 2012, 8:14 am

Oh look, here comes reborn to start an argument with Az. Never seen that before.

Good choice of trainer, az is bang on. It also shows a brain from Khan, or Khans camp, and a willingness to accept his current ring failings and work on them. Will be interested to see if he can develop a better boxing brain.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:12 am

Reborn you can be a reasonably sensible person on many a subject but your dislike and bias against Khan seemingly knows no bounds. There is not one scrap of evidence to suggest the split with Roach was financially based so to describe it as bang on is at best speculative at worst just ridiculous.

Whether you agree with him splitting with Roach or not he is a fighter coming off the back of two losses, one of them crushing but both showing up some fundamental flaws in his game, particularly when it comes to the defensive side of things, common sense would dictate these losses would point to the more likely rationale behind the split than any fiscal concerns, because to my mind if such a thought was premier in their mind they would have opted for a UK based trainer rather than committing themselves to living overseas yet again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

Hunter has stated that Khan should avoid big punchers for the next couple of fights. So I doubt he will fight Matthyese.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:47 am

Lance wrote:got nothing to do with hatton. strange comparison Az.

i never said i know, just my take on it. could be wrong, but certainly not absurd to suggest it. roach is known for being one of the most expensive trainers in the sport, and khans career has taken a nose dive. he was struggling to sell tickets in america as it was

I think what az's was getting at lance was, that after Hatton got beaten by mayweather, and the lazcano non performance, Hatton sacked his trainer Graham, with the viewpoint of improving as a fighter. Much in the same vain as Khan.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:14 am

Good move by Khan, he's still young so see no reason why he can't rebuild and have a successful career at WW.

Looking forward to seeing the results....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:20 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Good move by Khan, he's still young so see no reason why he can't rebuild and have a successful career at WW.

Looking forward to seeing the results....

+1

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

jimdig wrote:
Lance wrote:got nothing to do with hatton. strange comparison Az.

I think what az's was getting at lance was, that after Hatton got beaten by mayweather, and the lazcano non performance, Hatton sacked his trainer Graham, with the viewpoint of improving as a fighter. Much in the same vain as Khan.

but hatton opted for the more high profile and by all accounts more expensive mayweather snr. khan has gone more low key

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:24 pm

Nonsense to suggest that Khan's decision was money based. It's been well documented that the concerns were to do with how much time Roach could devote to him, and with the level of defensive training he was receiving. You can bet Khan would've been more than happy to pay Roach if he'd beaten Peterson and Garcia.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down