The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hearn!

4 posters

Go down

Eddie Hearn! Empty Eddie Hearn!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

What's up guys.

Apologies if this has been covered.

Was watching a youtube video of the upcoming Price v Harrison match up and Frank Maloney just went off on Eddie Hearn. Apparently he does not rate Eddie as a promoter at all. He questioned his ability and was very critical of his credentials. Frank stated that Hearn never really learned the trade and was only interested in putting together big fights and not really building up a fighter's career.

Is this true?

I respect Maloney because he has been in the game a very long time 3 decades in fact and has built up some impressive names like Lennox Lewis but I thought Hearn had done a good job thus far but never really looked at his job like that.

What do you think of Hearn and does Frank have a point?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn! Empty Re: Eddie Hearn!

Post by azania Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:26 pm

Hearn talks a good promo, but I reckon Little Frank has a point. What on earth is he doing with Brrook. He says a world title isimminent and says big names will come and he gets us Hatton.

Good job with Froch but I suppose Froch is an easy sell and was already established prior to Hearn.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

I dont agree with Frank and looking at how each are set up at the moment Hearn is in a far better position (although running matchroom is a big plus in that aspect). Its hard to knock what the Hearns have done I think be it darts, snooker, poker or whatever else. They do seem to pitch it towards fans and generate a bit of a buzz with it aswell as increasing the profile of the sport. If anything the last few years have looked like the game has passed Maloney by.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:30 pm

Plus if you take Brook as an example its hardly a case of rushing into huge fights at the expense of learning curve. "Only interested in making big fights" is something fans want to hear.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:42 pm

So maybe Frank is old fashioned then. Maybe boxing promotion has changed and Frank is stuck in the past. Maloney said that he never served an apprenticeship in the game. I know what a good job Eddies old man did with Eubanks so maybe Frank is having a dig at the fact that match room was established for Eddie when he took over.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:47 pm

Here's the link for the video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWwcJQoC8Wc

Skip to 23:50 to hear Maloney go off on Eddie.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 27 Sep 2012, 3:57 pm

Does Frank Maloney think Barry Hearn would hand over the reins to his son Eddie if he knew nowt about the business of promoting.

Total sour grapes from Maloney doesn't like the fact Hearns is doing the business simple as that, bitter little man as usual.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Yeah tend to agree with you Nico plus I think Maloney is worried that his marquee fighter Price might just switch camps because Hearn is looking like the new kid in town and everybody loves him.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down