The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Vitali now be beaten by David... Price?

+18
djlovesyou
TopHat24/7
ShahenshahG
davidemore
TRUSSMAN66
azania
TheMackemMawler
captain carrantuohil
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Rodney
Boxtthis
owen10ozzy
Rowley
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
manos de piedra
superflyweight
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can Vitali now be beaten by David... Price? Empty Can Vitali now be beaten by David... Price?

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 am

Stay with me people.

Vitali looked slow and ponderous in his last two fights. I gave him a pass for chis, cos I thought Chis was decent and heard Klit was injured. But fromt e God awful showing against Charr it is clear to me that Vitali is spent.

Haye would smash him now IMO...would he?

Price would have a chance

Discuss

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Can Vitali now be beaten by David... Price? Empty Re: Can Vitali now be beaten by David... Price?

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:46 am

Anyone not wishing to read hugely overblown and exaggerated opinions on how fragile Price's chin is should use the foe button on Az..... NOW!

A bit too soon for Price, sean. He'd essentially be going from domestic level to taking on the second best heavyweight out there (Haye has to beat Vitali before anyone can claim otherwise). As slow as Vitali might be, he's going to be taking anyone he fights the distance and they are going to have to fight a pretty damn good fight to have a chance of beating him.

I'm not sure that Price has the experience to do that yet and I think the Vitali train has passed him by.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Can Vitali now be beaten by David... Price? Empty Re: Can Vitali now be beaten by David... Price?

Post by manos de piedra Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:47 am

Very unlikely I think. He has yet to really be tested, taken a decent or even go 10 rounds. I think the only way he would win is if his power is devastating and he hurt Vitali early and was able to stop him.

I would still tip Vitali to beat Haye even.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:48 am

Can't agree I'm afraid, mate. Price would be a lamb to the slaughter if the fight happened now.

Early blow outs against the McDermotts, Dallases and Sextons of this world is no preparation for Vitali, even if it's a faded version we're talking about. Without wishing to give Az any more ammunition, we're yet to even see how Price fares when he needs to take big shots and suck it up.

Vitali just knows far, far too much for Price at this stage. I dare say that the shy, unassuming Price would even be highly intimidated in the face of such a fighter, given the men he's faced so far. I honestly don't think Price would have the first idea what to do with Vitali if they met in 2012.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:52 am

Price has a very good chance, vitali is woefully slow now and likes having people stand in front of him do he can fight from long range with his pawing Jab. Price will have height, reach as most importantly speed advantage over vitali. When price put his punches together he throws tem fast.

The only question is can price take vitali's punches. Although vitali has a high % KO he likes to ground his opponents down through an accumulation of punches which he won't get vs price as price will keep moving keeping him on the end of the jab and won't get bullied like vitali's opponents do

I've always wanted to see a K Bro vs a fighter taller or even the same size as them and of all the big heavies atm price seems the one who uses his height best

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 am

I am not sayin Price would beat him, but he would have a chance, he really would. Vitali looked dog gawn awful to me, last time out.

If only we knew about Price chin. We really don't. If someone told me now he had Chis chin, I would give him a decent chance

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 am

I think there is alot more questions over Prices ability to beat Vitali than just if he can take punches. I seriously doubt he has the ringcraft, experience or mentality to beat Vitali. He looked intimidated enough even being a Klitschko fight on Ringside never mind actually being in the ring with one. I think there is a big danger he could freeze on that kind of stage at this point in his career.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:02 am

There does seem to be something of a belief gaining traction at the minute that the minute someone turns up with half a clue and a pulse Vitali will be readily vanquished. Now I am not going to argue he has not slowed down a chunk and is the fighter he was even three years ago but I still believe he has more than enough for most of not all of the current crop of heavies.

His chin has not deserted him and he still carries a dig and what he may lack in speed he more than makes up for in experience. Vitali may well be there for the taking but it will not be a guy as green as Price to my mind.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:04 am

I by no means think it would be a blowout...in fact I would go as far as saying Price would give him as stern a test as Chisora...

That long jab and his height alone would cause problems. Now obviously people thought the same about Charr...but the fact was that the guy was bog standard poor at best. He had no tools to do the job and barely threw a punch.

Price knows how to put punches together...his footwork is decent and he most certainly possesses power. What he doesn't have though is that key ingredient...experience. He has yet to learn all the tricks of the trade such as leaning on an opponent...or indeed knowing how to get them off when they do without exerting to much energy....that mixed with the fight being such a huge occasion I think gives Vitali the edge....regardless of how slow he has got.

That being said I do think that Vitali is there for the taking. I honestly can't imagine him being to keen on the Haye fight.

The bloke is extremely intelligent and given he has a Phd he must realise that he is no where near the force he used to be. A guy like Chisora should not have been giving him trouble and he has markedly slowed in recent fights.

His footwork is cumbersome and his jab lacks the authority it used to. Couple that with the amount of injury problems he has (I have heard rumors he was carrying both a knee and shoulder issue going into the Charr fight) and I think he is an accident waiting to happen.

If Haye gets to him then I fully expect him to stop him...and that's something I would not have been saying if they had met 2 years ago.

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:04 am

superflyweight wrote:Anyone not wishing to read hugely overblown and exaggerated opinions on how fragile Price's chin is should use the foe button on Az..... NOW!

Good point. As soon as Vitali lets a fart escape at such a velocity that it lands on Price's chin with more than 2 pounds of pressure then this fight is over. That's if it's not too windy on the night of the fight because a stiff breeze could take the big man out before he even gets to the ring....

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:10 am

I'm with the majority Sean, I couldnt see him winning I'm afraid, Vitali far too experienced and better all round IMO.

As a sidenote, just picking up on something Jeff said, Am I missing something here in terms of Vitali ? I can honestly say I haven't seen Vitali detoriate or slow down a great deal, he still looks remarkably dominant and barely loses a round. I'm still happy he'd toast Haye even on a bad day.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 am

manos de piedra wrote: He has yet to really be tested, taken a decent or even go 10 rounds.

This is what makes it difficult to really comment on Price's chances of beating Vitali. He has all of the physical attributes to do it. And he looks technically sound, with the right amount of power. But, we've never seen him tested against any form of quality. To pick Price over Vitali is a complete leap of faith at the moment.

Yes, Vitali looks to have faded significantly of late. But, I'd still have him as a mild favourite over Haye....and a bigger favourite over Price. That said, I'd say Price has the potential to be a very good heavyweight - even a champion. But, he's got a bit of proving to do before it's right to start discussing him in the same company as the top guys.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 am

I think Vitali would have the unfair advantage of fighting in an open air stadium.....and we all know what that means!!!!

The dreaded stiff breeze that supposedly knocks Price over!!!

But silly boy's opinions aside....

I think the occasion would get to Price the most. Vitali has practically lived in these big arenas whereas Price has been fighting on 2-3k seater venues.

Price needs the experience of fighting in front of bigger crowds, audiences etc, maybe on a Klitschko undercard or something...

I think if he got threw in with Vitali in front of 50 thousand people, he may just drop a sausage in his pants and Vitali would just walk through him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 am

Vitali right now is still a fair bit better than Valuev and Haye didnt dance rings around him. It was a close fight that went down to Haye nicking the close rounds. However slow, cumbersome, de-powerd Vitali is at this stage I still seriously doubt he is any slower, more cumbersome or less powerful than Valuev. Unless Vitalis punch resistance has fallen off I dont think Haye has the style to beat him unless he really shows us something we have not yet seen. Haye probably has the athleticism and talent at this point to beat Vitali but his style is just too one paced and low tempo. I just dont know if he has the rincraft, brain or even balls to really try and force the fight. If he relies on his backpeddling, low output, nicking rounds sort of gameplan I just dont see him beating Vitali like that.

Price has a better style to win and better physical attributes probably but is just woefully lacking in experience, ringcraft and mentality I think.

I think Vitali is visibly deteriorating. His body appears to just be succumbing to age and injury and he rarely seems to go into a fight now without carrying some kind of niggle. His shoulders especially seem frail which means I dont think his jab or punches carry the same power or authority. He might only be at 50% compared to his peak around a decade ago. Its just his peak was so much better than all bar his brother in the division that even at 50% I still see him as having the beating of everyone else right now. His time is running out though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:26 am

Fair point by Dee there. My memory of Price's conclusive defeat at the hands of Cammarelle is mostly that he semed to freeze on what was the biggest boxing moment of his life up to that point. I don't really remember him letting his hands go as he had done up to that semi-final, with the result that the Italian was able to jump all over him.

It's hugely refreshing to have a character like Price around after four years of having to endure Haye the heavyweight's nonsense, but I do wonder whether he isn't a little affable for the very highest rank of the professional game. As I say, I don't want him to turn into a loudmouth, but perhaps gain a more abrasive edge in the ring. At the moment, I think that Vitali would know far too much for Price and I'm not absolutely certain that Price's people would accept the contest if it were offered to him tomorrow.

Another eighteen months/six fights at least before Price is ready for the highest echelon of boxing, in my opinion.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:44 am

I think at this moment in time the conclusive answer is that Price just does not have the experience both in terms of types of fighters faced, tests that he has come through or big fight night occasions to get past Vitali.

In terms of his physical attributes I think he is by some margin the best prospect in Heavyweight boxing at this moment in time. But by the time he has gained the experience necessary I think the Vitali shipped would have sailed and he will either be facing Wlad or one of the other prospects.

He is a sensible lad and whilst he is perhaps not as 'entertaining/headline' material away from the ring as Haye I do enjoy seeing a lad with a bit of nouse and more importantly a sense of both reality and humbleness about him.

As for Vitali....im not sure how anyone can not see the decline in him. Granted he is still winning rounds but that for me says more about the opposition than him. If he was to step in with a 'live' opponent and by that I mean someone who throws a punch (unlike Charr) I think he would have his fair share of trouble.

Manos you raise valid points with regards to Valuev but im not sure it should be a yardstick as to how a Haye/Vitali match up would go. Whilst Vitali is tall he is not 7ft and nor does he weigh 320 odd pounds.

I agree that Haye would be unable to box in the negative fashion that he did against either Valuev or indeed Wlad...but I don't think he would for the simple fact as they say 'style's make fights'...

Unlike Valuev & Wlad, Vitali does come out of his shell and in doing so leaves himself vulnerable on more occasions. Of course you still have to get past that jab, but given the fact I don't think it as potent as it once I think Haye would manage it.

Haye can be in some bore fests and those two aforementioned fights are prime examples. However he does fight best when his opponents come looking for him...which I feel Vitali would.

Add onto the fact if the fight occurred it would do so in 6 months + and it's safe to say Vitali would probably be even more declined.

If they meet im happy for people to refer back to this thread...I would put my money on Haye and I would do so with confidence that it would be the first time Vitali was stopped.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:47 am

rowley wrote:There does seem to be something of a belief gaining traction at the minute that the minute someone turns up with half a clue and a pulse Vitali will be readily vanquished. Now I am not going to argue he has not slowed down a chunk and is the fighter he was even three years ago but I still believe he has more than enough for most of not all of the current crop of heavies.

His chin has not deserted him and he still carries a dig and what he may lack in speed he more than makes up for in experience. Vitali may well be there for the taking but it will not be a guy as green as Price to my mind.

I like this answer best.

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:57 am

Vitali is very beatable. Price is not the one to do it. Nothing to do with his chin but simply Vitali has more than enough skill to beat him up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:00 am

Vitali hasn't got much skill..he's a plodder!!! Watch Lewis - Vitali..

Couldn't miss him...

Price wins for me..If he believes!! much more polished..

Has to believe....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:01 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Vitali hasn't got much skill..he's a plodder!!! Watch Lewis - Vitali..

Couldn't miss him...

Has to believe....

Ya Mon!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:06 am

Price lacks self belief so i think he'd lose.

Hypocritical kisses, Seanus, you touch me with them.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:10 am

I can't believe so many people are playing down price's chances, vitali is a fairly limited boxer who uses his physical attributes to bully opponents who are always 3 inches or more smaller than him. Take away his size and you will see an old man who has nothing technique wise on his brother

Everyone's plan vs vitali is get close and hit him to the body but he always ties them up. Price won't be getting close and will outjab vitali

Everyone vitali has fought since he's come back is tailor made for him, high guard, slow, there to be hit.There have been options out there to fight bigger guys but vitali doesnt want to rely on his boxing skills at his age but his power

Who is manual charr anyway, what was all that about, you think price couldn't do to charr what vitali could, please. That guy was worse than sexton

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 am

He'd also have to fight someone taller..which means a different challenge..

He believes..he wins......Wlad would be more of a problem..

with his dig..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:12 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Vitali hasn't got much skill..he's a plodder!!! Watch Lewis - Vitali..

Couldn't miss him...

Has to believe....

Disservice that Truss, bar the Lewis fight, Vitali is rarely tagged cleanly, dominant in every fight proves his more than a plodder.

Not an ounce of evidence Price beats him at this point, his best win is Sam Sexton, he needs to show his more worthwhile before I come to any other conclusion than a Vitali win.

Cheers
Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:33 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I can't believe so many people are playing down price's chances, vitali is a fairly limited boxer who uses his physical attributes to bully opponents who are always 3 inches or more smaller than him. Take away his size and you will see an old man who has nothing technique wise on his brother

Everyone's plan vs vitali is get close and hit him to the body but he always ties them up. Price won't be getting close and will outjab vitali

Everyone vitali has fought since he's come back is tailor made for him, high guard, slow, there to be hit.There have been options out there to fight bigger guys but vitali doesnt want to rely on his boxing skills at his age but his power

Who is manual charr anyway, what was all that about, you think price couldn't do to charr what vitali could, please. That guy was worse than sexton

WHU, Are you talking about Price fighting at range and using better movement than Vit over 12 rounds and winning on points?

That's a big ask for a 6ft 8" novice who's only gone over four rounds once or twice.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 am

Outside of a puncher's chance, Price has less than zero chance. Not good enough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 am

Yes but he's a big 6ft 8 in novice who can leave people face down on the deck..

A big guy like Price hits you and you'll be dissuaded from coming in...If you're not already being counted out..

He's got power..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I can't believe so many people are playing down price's chances, vitali is a fairly limited boxer who uses his physical attributes to bully opponents who are always 3 inches or more smaller than him. Take away his size and you will see an old man who has nothing technique wise on his brother

I think your doing Vitali a disservice in terms of ability. Id love to know who all these boxers are that are either bigger than him or are not made for him that hes had the chance to fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 am

Lewis was 36+ and still outboxed Vitali...with just a jab with a right hand behind it..

So how you can make the statement... Price only has a punchers chance

god only knows...

You know your stuff AZ but that statement is just bollox!!! steam

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Lewis was 36+ and still outboxed Vitali...with just a jab with a right hand behind it..

So how you can make the statement... Price only has a punchers chance

god only knows...

You know your stuff AZ but that statement is just bollox!!! steam

Truss I'm usually in your corner, but there's no evidence Price can outbox Vitali, big difference one of the finest heavies hitting you regularly. Price is a novice, he needs to step up.

Fighting Vitali at this stage would be suicide IMO, I don't even give him a punchers chance at this stage mate

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:43 am

He's green and still learning. At this stage he is simply not good enough. Perhaps when Vit turns 50.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:44 am

Points of note:

1.) Vitali's chin impervious to meteorites.

2.)Vitali not the fighter he was

3.) Price not proven over the distance.

4.)Price's chin not proven against someone with sustained (like it or not..).. world class offence.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:36 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:Points of note:

4.)Price's chin not proven against someone with sustained (like it or not..).. world class offence.

5) Price is over-hyped on these boards.

I'll add that his chin is proven. Proven to be bad. Bambi moves against the Italian cop and funky chicken in his pro debut.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:00 pm

I think theres little to go on. yes he's big and strong and fast but he's been fighting the sort of fighters that even in this stage and state of the division cant make it much past the domestic scene. That hes totalled them isnt quite a point in his favour but justifies the excitement around him somewhat - its really not worth speculating unless hes had fights against common opponents and the time scale even renders that redundant. This will prob be one of those hypothetical match ups in the future but we have almost nothing to go on so far.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:53 am

azania wrote:

I'll add that his chin is proven. Proven to be bad. Bambi moves against the Italian cop and funky chicken in his pro debut.

Any other make-believe you want to chuck in?

My view is Price will never beat a K-bot. Vit will be retired by the time Price is ready for him (c.2yrs) and Wlad will always be too good (tho a match against an ailing Wlad would at least be interesting if Price could tag him). I'd back a Price in 2 yrs to beat a Vit now as K is definitely deteriorating, made harder work of Chis and Charr than he should have, but obviously that isn't going to happen.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:58 am

Look it up. He went bambi in the olympics after getting slightly tagged and was breakdancing on his pro debut. (or early fight). The dude is humble, nice and chinny.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:04 am

I did look up the Camarelle fight which is why I know you're talking out your backside.

If I've got time to waste later I'll do the same with his pro debut.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:13 am

azania wrote:

Didn't just about everyone that responded to this thread say that Price is too inexperienced? Don't see much over-hyping there. Putting words in people's mouths again Az? He's got great physical attributes and solid technique, and, being British, people on a predominately UK boxing forum are bound to be a bit more interested in him than, say, an undefeated Russian prospect. That's only natural. But, on the whole, responses on here seem to suggest that Price's lack of experience in big fights makes it difficult to mention him with the top levels of the division. That's quite a reasoned and restrained argument as far as I can read in to it. It's very far from 'hype'.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:25 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:I did look up the Camarelle fight which is why I know you're talking out your backside.

Sorry Top, not talking out of my rear end this time. Are you suggesting that he wasn't wobbled and the ref stopped the fight for no reason? He bambi'd and was stopped. Great stoppage and referreeing. Check out his pro debut. The guy is chinny. Vit only has to look at it and Price will be lookin at the ceiling. He should advertise the soles of his boots when he steps up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 am

I repeat:

Anyone not wishing to read hugely overblown and exaggerated opinions on how fragile Price's chin is should use the foe button on Az..... NOW!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 am

Boxtthis wrote:
azania wrote:

Didn't just about everyone that responded to this thread say that Price is too inexperienced? Don't see much over-hyping there. Putting words in people's mouths again Az? He's got great physical attributes and solid technique, and, being British, people on a predominately UK boxing forum are bound to be a bit more interested in him than, say, an undefeated Russian prospect. That's only natural. But, on the whole, responses on here seem to suggest that Price's lack of experience in big fights makes it difficult to mention him with the top levels of the division. That's quite a reasoned and restrained argument as far as I can read in to it. It's very far from 'hype'.

On this thread perhaps. On other threads one would think he is the second coming. I know you guys like to build up your sports stars and knock them down again. But Price's opponents will be doing the knocking down. yes he's big, strong and talented. You only have to watch him to see his talent. But I question his temperament and can see him freezing like Bambi in headlights. I doubt he trusts his chin and will be safety first until tagged.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 am

Ha. Nice one superfly. It is what it is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 am

azania wrote:Ha. Nice one superfly. It is what it is.

Personally don't mind, Az and think the forum would lose a lot if everyone used the foe button on each other. Different strokes and all that!

On balance - it looks like the majority are in agreement that Price is far from ready for Vitali and, whisper it, that until he faces a stern enough test, we're not sure how he'll react to being taggged.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:37 am

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:I did look up the Camarelle fight which is why I know you're talking out your backside.

Sorry Top, not talking out of my rear end this time. Are you suggesting that he wasn't wobbled and the ref stopped the fight for no reason? He bambi'd and was stopped. Great stoppage and referreeing. Check out his pro debut. The guy is chinny. Vit only has to look at it and Price will be lookin at the ceiling. He should advertise the soles of his boots when he steps up.

I think the Camarelle fight was a pathetically soft stoppage that'd never have happened in the pros. And you don't say 'wobbled', you talk about bambi on ice and chicken dance as if it was Judah v Kosta. He was rocked back against the ropes by a world class amateur. I'm not the one distorting reality (as usual).

Have checked the pro debut and can't for the life of me work out what happened. The ref paused the fight for warn him for a shoulder shove, he stood upright with his hands down and the other guy swang a hayemaker at this unprotected chin and Price stayed standing and walked over to his corner. I didn't have sound and it was a small screen so maybe I'll think different when I watch it at home but that was too unusual an incident to draw conclusions from IMO.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:38 am

You don't mention the fact that when he was 'wobbled' on his pro debut, he wasn't actually watching the fight and had stopped still thinking that the ref had given the order to.

Bad mistake, but given he was stood sideways essentially putting his chin on a plate for Ingleby, it's not a huge shock that it got him going a little bit.

It would give you a bit more credibility if your posts weren't full of half-truths.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:38 am

azania wrote:
Boxtthis wrote:
azania wrote:

On this thread perhaps. On other threads one would think he is the second coming. I know you guys like to build up your sports stars and knock them down again. But Price's opponents will be doing the knocking down. yes he's big, strong and talented. You only have to watch him to see his talent. But I question his temperament and can see him freezing like Bambi in headlights. I doubt he trusts his chin and will be safety first until tagged.

No wonder you loved Gordy so much, you think like him too.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:51 am

superflyweight wrote:
azania wrote:Ha. Nice one superfly. It is what it is.

Personally don't mind, Az and think the forum would lose a lot if everyone used the foe button on each other. Different strokes and all that!

On balance - it looks like the majority are in agreement that Price is far from ready for Vitali and, whisper it, that until he faces a stern enough test, we're not sure how he'll react to being taggged.

The board agrees with me that he's not ready Very Happy . But he'll never be ready.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

I think the Camarelle fight was a pathetically soft stoppage that'd never have happened in the pros. And you don't say 'wobbled', you talk about bambi on ice and chicken dance as if it was Judah v Kosta. He was rocked back against the ropes by a world class amateur. I'm not the one distorting reality (as usual).

Have checked the pro debut and can't for the life of me work out what happened. The ref paused the fight for warn him for a shoulder shove, he stood upright with his hands down and the other guy swang a hayemaker at this unprotected chin and Price stayed standing and walked over to his corner. I didn't have sound and it was a small screen so maybe I'll think different when I watch it at home but that was too unusual an incident to draw conclusions from IMO.

"I think"

That is where your issues seem to start my friend Very Happy

In the amateur game it was a correct stoppage. The point is, Joshua took bigger punches and didn't look like wobbling. Price took an average shot and was all over the gaff. Ergo he is china chinned.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 am

djlovesyou wrote:You don't mention the fact that when he was 'wobbled' on his pro debut, he wasn't actually watching the fight and had stopped still thinking that the ref had given the order to.

Bad mistake, but given he was stood sideways essentially putting his chin on a plate for Ingleby, it's not a huge shock that it got him going a little bit.

It would give you a bit more credibility if your posts weren't full of half-truths.

You give me credibility? Please don't.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
Boxtthis wrote:
azania wrote:

No wonder you loved Gordy so much, you think like him too.

I may hate what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. I said some here are what Stalin described as useful idiots. I was corrected by Capt C. It was Lenin who said that. But the point fits and if the cap fits, wear it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next