The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kessler v Magee set

+5
AlexHuckerby
bellchees
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
captain carrantuohil
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Kessler v Magee set Empty Kessler v Magee set

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:25 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/kessler-vs-magee-finalized-date-venue-coming--57209

Kessler KO inside 11

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Kessler v Magee set Empty Re: Kessler v Magee set

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:37 pm

Magee's been an ornament to the game and a wholehearted trier with no little skill and too much class for all but the very best. However, he has always been just that fraction short of the elite category, a place where Kessler definitely belongs. Can see things going very much along the same lines as the Bute fight for Brian, who I thought looked a bit vulnerable to the body in that fight. Agree with your prediction, seanus.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:59 pm

Pretty much on the nugget

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:06 pm

Magee UD
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:17 pm

Think you're alone on that one Reborn, Kessler KO just after the halfway mark.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:50 pm

I'm slightly disappointed to be honest... Can only see it going one way, wish it was Froch/Kessler...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 17 Sep 2012, 5:56 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Magee UD

I admire your loyalty Dee

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

Easy earnings for Kessler. WTF is Mcgee doing fighting for a title anyway. DeGale and Groves are better than this honest chump.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

You've already answerd your question!! with your first four words.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:35 pm

Although it's for a spurious belt, since Ward is the WBA champion, among a lot of other honours, the odd thing is that it is Magee who is the "title holder" for this one. I forget the title of the title, so to speak - senior diamond emeritus WBA champion or some such absurdity. Kessler is therefore the "challenger" and I am punching an image of Gilberto Mendoza with my other hand as I type these words.

Thus by degrees do boxing authorities lose every last vestige of credibility that they may once have possessed while a great sport teeters on the edge of irrelevance to the man or woman in the street.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:44 pm

hopefully with froch fighting mack and kessler magee it would seem logical they'll come through their fights around the same time and will look for the rematch

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

No, turns out I'm wrong - Kessler-Magee is, wait for it, a unification fight.

No, really, it's true. It seems that when Kessler KO'd Allan "Hopeless" Green the other month, he became something called the Silver WBC champion or something equally balls-aching.

You thought that Andre Ward held that belt too, didn't you? Silly people.

So, Kessler and Magee are doing battle to become the undisputed junior super middleweight champion. Still with me? Meanwhile, I understand that Andre Ward is in fact rejoicing in the status of "super" super middleweight champion.

Now, where did I put my automatic Sulaiman-kicking machine?

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:01 pm

I thought that the Kessler vs Green match was at light heavyweight, are the WBC handing out belts to people for winning fights that aren't competed in that weight division?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:12 pm

I see that you're right, and that I'm wrong yet again, bellchees.

So let me get this straight. Kessler, a super middleweight, has just won the WBC light-heavyweight title.

Except that Chad Dawson is the WBC champion.

Except that Dawson has just fought and lost to Andre Ward for the WBA and WBC super-middleweight crowns, but is still the WBC light-heavyweight champ.

Except that Brian Magee is also a WBA super-middleweight champion.

And now Kessler, also a WBC light-heavyweight champion, is dropping down to super-middleweight to fight Magee for that title.

Will Kessler's version of the WBC light-heavyweight title also be on the line, do you suppose, and if he wins, will he then renounce that title? Moreover, will Kessler, at that point the WBA champion, go on to fight Ward again, also the WBA champion, as well as the WBC champion, and what effect will that have on the various WBC light-heavyweight championship belts?

I think that I've summarised all the relevant questions in a suitably pithy manner, don't you?

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:13 pm

Wasn't Dirrell supposed to fight Magee.....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:18 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:I see that you're right, and that I'm wrong yet again, bellchees.

So let me get this straight. Kessler, a super middleweight, has just won the WBC light-heavyweight title.

Except that Chad Dawson is the WBC champion.

Except that Dawson has just fought and lost to Andre Ward for the WBA and WBC super-middleweight crowns, but is still the WBC light-heavyweight champ.

Except that Brian Magee is also a WBA super-middleweight champion.

And now Kessler, also a WBC light-heavyweight champion, is dropping down to super-middleweight to fight Magee for that title.

Will Kessler's version of the WBC light-heavyweight title also be on the line, do you suppose, and if he wins, will he then renounce that title? Moreover, will Kessler, at that point the WBA champion, go on to fight Ward again, also the WBA champion, as well as the WBC champion, and what effect will that have on the various WBC light-heavyweight championship belts?

I think that I've summarised all the relevant questions in a suitably pithy manner, don't you?

That's about it. Simple really. Now what were you confused about? Its a unification match between 2 guys with belts used to hold pants up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:26 pm

Kessler only weighed about a bloody pound over the super-middleweight limit when he won the "light-heavyweight title" against Green.

What are these sodding people doing to my sport?

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:56 pm

azania wrote:Easy earnings for Kessler. WTF is Mcgee doing fighting for a title anyway. DeGale and Groves are better than this honest chump.

What did he ever do to be considered a "chump" Az?? Just wondering. I'd say he has done pretty well against the odds. Fair play to him. As the Captain says, he is a very decent euro fighter who has the balls to go into the lions den (especially Denmark) AND WIN. his last few wins have given him every right to fight for world titles due to moving throughout the ranking system.

Kessler will 99% likely win, but you never know. Kessler ain't exactly been firing on all cylinders. And this fight is 10 times more winnable than a Dirrell fight.

Il be rootin for him due to the fact he is constantly on the road looking for these fights.

Anyway, Magee will put up a brave showing but will fall short as usual against these types. He isn't a chump though. He has more talent in his little finger than a scrawny weasel internet dweeb like yourself. I'd be surprised if you could even fight a throat infection Az :-D
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:14 am

I love how well the Super 6 cleared up the division for us. It lasted 2 and a half years and spanned 11 fights. Now just 8 months after it finished and 1 clear winner was established........ only 4 of the 6 original competitors are recognised as current reigning "World Champions". JOB DONE.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down