The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cherry Cup sponsored by Marky - Results

2 posters

Go down

The Cherry Cup sponsored by Marky - Results Empty The Cherry Cup sponsored by Marky - Results

Post by Marky Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

To be posted here

Marky

Back to top Go down

The Cherry Cup sponsored by Marky - Results Empty Re: The Cherry Cup sponsored by Marky - Results

Post by Marky Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

Week 1

Group A

City of Norwich 0-2 Holton Wanderers - default win

Holt tactics were probably good enough to beat Norwich but maybe against a better side would struggle, I feel the defenders were too pumped and maybe it would have been better to calm them down instead of having them going all guns blazing. More instructions to the wingers would have been good.

Hangover 69 1-1 London Silly Nannies

1-1, 1-0, 0-0, 1-2, 2-1, 2-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2
=
1.3333333 - 1.1111111

Tight affair not really much between the two teams they both cancelled each other out. The three forward players of Hangover were a threat but if Welbeck was allowed to stay further up the pitch they could have had a focal point in attack. The wide men of Nannies did cause some threat but the defence of Hangover managed to have the better.

I really like the team of Hangover. I feel Terry and Nastasic are a match for Carroll, and Capoue plays a key part in keeping Nannies midfield twosome quiet. A tight win

The way both teams are set out, especially with the 2 sets of strikers, I think it will be a pretty dire 0-0 draw. I'd say Carroll was pretty useless unless you play complete hoofball to him. Although the wingers did so, no one else really did. As for Hangover, I'd never have Welbeck leading the line on his own. He needs someone else. The addition of Bojan was too little too late.

Entertaining game, both sides changed it up and went for it, which made for a good game. A draw the fair result.

Group B

Go Ahead Eaaagles 2-0 Real NADrid - default win

Treble's Revenge 1-3 Viva City

1-1, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 2-1, 0-1
=
1 - 1.65
+
3 extra win votes

A very even match with two like for like formations. Trebs has done his homework and isolated Viva's wingers. Rodriguez is a threat and should have been dealt with clearer. Huntelaar causes more problems than Eto. Goal a piece.

Probably quite an entertaining affair with similar set ups. I do feel Valencia and Bastos have more of a target for their crosses than Lennon and Rodriguez as Niang nor Eto’o are noted aerial threats. The midfields look fairly even and Pirlo will likely be restricted with no time to set things up, but I do think Valbuena can make hay behind the midfield line.

Two very similar sides but I feel that Viva are stronger at the back which allows them to play from the back before using Valencia/Bastos to hurt trebles.

Such a tough game to call, both are quite evenly matched and played a similar formation. It was such a tough game to call, I had to think about it long and hard (lol) but in the end, I think Viva just about has enough quality to win the match. Probably the best game in terms of viewing out of the ones voted on.

Tight match here, both sides strong for the Cup, I feel Viva City edged it with their stronger attack, Niang is unproven and I don't think he's able to trouble the Viva defence too much.

Group C

Substandard Liege 2-1 Barearselona

3-0, 1-2, 1-3, 2-0, 1-0, 1-3, 2-1
=
1.57 - 1.285

The Liege starting XI does not look so strong I hope to see Afro bring in a couple more first teamers for the next game. I am not convinced about the defence that played and the CB do not have the best concentration IMO.

It would be tough to see the SL defensive line keep out the star studded Barearselona attack and ultimately I think they walk away with the win on that basis. Both set ups were sound, and there is always a threat carried by SL because of their organisation, but they lack the incisive threats that their opponents have. The wings are the key to this one because the centre will be even and congested.

Barearselona have a lot more quality throughout their side and Liege having players like Speroni and Clyne in their side says it all, they really aren't good enough

Substandard have a great selection of under 21's and it was Maher and Deulofeu that won it for them today, Maher inparticular gave Inler a run aorund.

Both sides strong but I feel Liege has a better balance in their side and while it was an entertaining game, Liege were able to control the tempo to hold on for the win.

Jacamos United 2-1 Real Ale Sociedad

2-1, 1-1, 1-3, 1-0, 2-0, 2-3
=
1.5 - 1.3333333

Jacamos controlled the midfielder both teams had two DM but the Jacamos were lot more dominant and this restricted the Real attacking players. PIque had the better of Torres it was when Lukaku came on giving them the brute force in the air that gave Real some hope.

A tough one to call, so I won’t. I’m sitting on a comfy, comfy fence. I can see similar set ups in their midfields with a playmaker alongside a box to box player and an even battle overall. Hazard is a threat in the AM role and I can see him causing problems, but likewise the wingers of Jacamos will test Real Ale. Not sure of De Jong as an AM because it’s out of his comfort zone and won’t make the most of him.

Jacamos have more quality in their side but I think Ale have the best players on the pitch in Hazard and Torres. Overall a close game but Jacamos slightly better.

A very tight game but I feel the quality of Real Ale's under 21s would have won it for them, Hazard inparticular having a stormer.

Great game, both sides going for it but I feel the unpredictability of Hazard with Torres and the pace of Sterling causes problems for Jacamos as Ogbonna isn't a natural LB

Group D

The Bulltatorship 2-0 Neymar FC - default win

If Neymar just put up average XI they would beat Gotham easily, 3-4-1-2 formation and the fullbacks are playing? Isco and Giggs can not play as hardworking wingers. Tactics were very poor telling defenders to watch wingers means they would have to go wide which could leave Gotham with 1 defender in the middle and the midfield was not going to dominate. Improvements needed big time.

Athletico Bilbao Baggins 1-1 AC ALSOAM

1-0, 1-0, 1-1, 1-1, 1-1, 2-1, 4-4, 1-1, 0-1
=
1.3333333 v 1.111111111

ALSOAM I just think for them to match Xavi and Toure they needed someone who could match them physically, mobile and run all day which I think they lacked maybe less techincally talented players but grit and sweat would have been the better option. Aquilani pushing back a lot reduced the creativity in their side. If Bilbao can bring someone who stays in the wing positions more consistenctly they would be very dangerous giving them supply from wide for attackers to get on to.

Slight mistake on Baggins tactics as he lists Richards in tactics (but not in formation) when his is injured. I think Higuains tactics to try and get the man marking CB out of the way work, and creates a lot of room for Cazorla, who I think provides the main threat - not Toure or Xavi. Both teams expected different players to play in certain positions, but I feel Baggins just has enough to take a tight game.

I think you're both good for a goal and a point. Marky's read the opposition midfield well, but stopping them is another thing completely. M'Vila's just too off form at the moment so I'd drop him. I've seen better players try to stop Xavi and fail. You're better in defence than Hero though; I'd have Subotic and Howedes over Hummels and Coates. As for ABB, well I've said pretty much all there is to say. You've given instructions to Richards though but I'm not petty enough to penalise you for that.

Another nightmare to call. It’s another battle of teams with a lot of respect and similar set ups, and I don’t see either defence being bent too out of shape. Hero’s side has more cutting edge up top but Marky has gone more defensive to counter it. I’ve never been much of a fan of Coutinho since he missed a sitter for me on Fifa, but he and Insigne fit their roles well and ultimately I think they will get the ball to Osvaldo who is capable of the spectacular. 1-1 for me, but with Hero pressing and Marky happy to sit on the point.

An absolutely cracking game with some fantastic play from both sides, in the end I can't see it being anything other than a draw

Impossible to split these two sides, ALSOAM worked well to stop Xavi and Toure and tried to dominate the middle of the park, maybe their attack isn't up to scratch though. However, the Baggins defense doesn't look it's usual dominating self.

Marky

Back to top Go down

The Cherry Cup sponsored by Marky - Results Empty Re: The Cherry Cup sponsored by Marky - Results

Post by Bull Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:38 pm

hmm the point of my tactics where they where done quick cause Cherries was not gona post anything.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down