The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 24/7 Episode 2

+14
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Rodney
TheMackemMawler
BallchinianMuffwig
OasisBFC
paperbag_puncher
John Bloody Wayne
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
The genius of PBF
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Seanusarrilius
mobilemaster8
davidemore
BoxingFan88
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sergio Martinez v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 24/7 Episode 2 Empty Sergio Martinez v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 24/7 Episode 2

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 1:10 pm

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr_Q6Tgz4mc

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_218407&feature=iv&src_vid=Zr_Q6Tgz4mc&v=jFwhcyfdZJs

If you were thinking Chavez Jr would win this fight you just have to watch these.. He seems incredibly lazy and arrogant about his own ability. Even Roach seems cheesed off with him. When his legendary father is trying to give him advice he is totally uninterested.

Chavez is going to get decimated in this fight.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 24/7 Episode 2 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 24/7 Episode 2

Post by davidemore Sun 09 Sep 2012, 1:15 pm

CJ is a turd and i hope he gets battered. You simply cannot train that way when fighting someone of Martinez's ability and not expect to lose. Surely?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 24/7 Episode 2 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. 24/7 Episode 2

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:20 pm

I hope he getw smashed to bits, but i swear he is on something. Has a chin of steel, power of a racehorse and comes in 300lbs over the MW limit on fight night.

Bizarre.

Hope Sergio destroys this punk.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:29 pm

Looks like Junior is relying solely on roids for this fight. Training regime is laughable

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

Ive not watched yet, will check later. He thinks he is gods gift on face off.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

I feel sorry for Chavez senior. You can tell he wishes he could lace them up himself and get in there. Junior, win or lose, is training like Freddie Flintoff prob will

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

Interesting from martinez, he always has an unorthodox training camp

He has done it for years but I feel that only 60 hours of sparring instead of the usual 100+ fighters usually do is pretty risky and may not have his body ready for Chavez's body shots which judging by the tapes, is all chavez is working on

Chavez needs to seriously buckle down to have a career in the sport, theres only so much that roach will take before he cuts his losses as he doesn't seem impressed by his attitude

I like how you can see how he doesn't have the natural boxing ability his dad does when his dad tell him what he needs to do to win he knows what hes talking about and looks so much more of a boxer than his son even at his age

Martinez will hurt him in this fight and a chin no matter how good cant survive forever against a puncher like Martinez.

Chavez hasn't fought any punchers so far in his career so I feel his chin might be slightly overrated. Zbik is featherfisted, Manfredo is a weak punching middleweight and on the slide, Rubio had power but wasnt as strong at 160 as he was at 154, lee has a good KO percentage but hasn't fought at a high level. None of those would have knocked out Macklin, dzinzurik, Williams and barker

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 09 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

I think Martinez is going to destroy Chavez knock him out silly...Chavez is too easy to hit and that will be his downfall.

Martinez left hand KO put your money on it

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 4:27 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:I think Martinez is going to destroy Chavez knock him out silly...Chavez is too easy to hit and that will be his downfall.

Martinez left hand KO put your money on it

Picking a round?? Early or Late??

Im picking a late stoppage by Martinez, áround rounds 6-8.

Would not be shocked if Martinez sparked him earlier.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:44 pm

So hyped for this. Jr is a disgrace and I seriously hope he gets KO'd

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:58 pm

Me too Group.

Side note: Is your name some sort of joke? I mean, did you choose it yourself or was it a dare?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:37 pm

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0036988/quotes

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:04 am

I'm not convinced by the scenes of Chavez swanning around like there's no fight on, might just be a show for the cameras during a planned rest day. Although I believe Georges Carpentier spent his days doing a similar thing in preparation for Dempsey.

Chavez would make a good trainer by the looks of things.

Martinez has no business being that good lucking in this sport.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:19 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
Chavez would make a good trainer by the looks of things.

He looked in better shape than his son in the footage on the treadmill.

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:17 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:

Martinez has no business being that good lucking in this sport.

I haven't seen a Mrs Martinez floating about on the 24/7s so you could be in there JBW.

Really looking forward to this one.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

what is it with roach's fighters treating him like Poopie? manny is always late and turns up when he wants and does what he wants.

roach should bin chavez off, but im guessing he brings in good money.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:06 am

Lucking?

LUCKING?

I don't deserve to live.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:36 am

You mean you don't deserve to life?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:22 am

Martinez is a mid range head hunter. Head, Head, Head. His inside game is lacking and seems to consist of holding also his short punches seem to lack power. The only body punch he throws with venom is the occasional hard straight left to the body... but it is still a mid range punch.

I havn't watched the episode yet but if WHU is correct in saying Chavez only seems to be working on body shots then it doesn't seem that bad a tactic? Normally the bigger man would box on the outside but there is no way he can match him for speed so what other choice does he have?

The only problem for Chavez using the inside ploy would the issue of getting inside with someone with great mobility and athleticism, and this, combined with the fact he will take some huge mid range shots when attempting to get in will make it even more difficult.

To close the distance I can see Chavez grabbing and pushing and using his physicality and bullying Martinez to the ropes. It might be difficult for Martinez to tie a big strong man up like JCCJ on the inside. Chavez's Chin will need to be at its best because he is going to take some huge straightish three punch combinations to his noggin.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:27 am

Has Arum/Chavez managed to negotiate a small ring for this one do we know ?

Could be a factor if Chavez is as strong as we're led to believe.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

Some of the people on here must be Top Rank promoters.... Chavez has no chance at all he is going to get annihilated.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:07 pm

Rubio was able to last 12 rounds: Mrtinez ain't getting stopped

Zbik was able to outland Chavez: Martinez will ridiculously outland him

Andy Lee out boxed him until he decided to walk into a cement puddle and get stuck in the one spot: Martinez ain't going to be standing still and is 10 times the boxer Andy Lee is.

Have I missed something!!?? Which performance showed that Chavez stands a chance??

Zbik Laugh Rubio Laugh Manfredo Laugh Duddy Laugh

Seriously can't see any way that this fight is competitive. But would still pay to watch it because I wanna see Chavez hospitalised.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:14 pm

clap
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Rubio was able to last 12 rounds: Mrtinez ain't getting stopped

Zbik was able to outland Chavez: Martinez will ridiculously outland him

Andy Lee out boxed him until he decided to walk into a cement puddle and get stuck in the one spot: Martinez ain't going to be standing still and is 10 times the boxer Andy Lee is.

Have I missed something!!?? Which performance showed that Chavez stands a chance??

Zbik Laugh Rubio Laugh Manfredo Laugh Duddy Laugh

Seriously can't see any way that this fight is competitive. But would still pay to watch it because I wanna see Chavez hospitalised.

clap

I hope your right Dee. On paper it should be a one sided beat down. I just get this niggly feeling that Martinez hasn't been great in his last two outings and Chavez for all his faults appears to be improving. Add in the missed drugs tests and the judges and I can envision a scenario where Chavez wins. If I don't overthink it I see Maravilla ending this one in style so I won't overthink..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:24 pm

I would say Chavez is better than Barker and Macklin and they did ok against Martinez. The second Williams fight with Martinez shows what can happen, but the first Williams fight also had a bigger, swarming fighter give Martinez all he could handle. Martinez should be winning this but there are still reasons for Chavez to be optimistic even outside of the whole drugs/robbery.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

Never mind that PP!!

Get a game of Sheep on the go Laugh

Only jokin (or am I??)

Yea I know the contraversy that comes with this little wannabe is crazy. DUI's, missed tests, FAILED TEST!!.

For the sake of everything good for boxing, he needs to be taught a lesson come Saturday.

This is over 40 fights, his 5th title match and Martinez is the FIRST fighter he has faced that has held a world title before!!!

Thats bonkers!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

Is Chavez Jr insane? Seriously.

His whole fight plan is based on Martinez underestimating HIM. HIM! He's the one sleeping until 9pm and walking about in his pants.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-im-satisifed-martinez-underestimated-me--56959

Insanity.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:36 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I would say Chavez is better than Barker and Macklin and they did ok against Martinez. The second Williams fight with Martinez shows what can happen, but the first Williams fight also had a bigger, swarming fighter give Martinez all he could handle. Martinez should be winning this but there are still reasons for Chavez to be optimistic even outside of the whole drugs/robbery.

Williams throws 1000 punches per fight, Chavez' highest is about 800 vs Zbik and that was his highest by a large margin. Chavez is aggressive but doesn't have the highest output and given Martinez will dance in and out of range his numbers will fall. He has no jab and will start to tire when he is having to cut off the ring

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:44 pm

The more I read in to this fight, the surer I am that Martinez is going to paste him. Paul Williams is every bit as relentless as Chavez, and Pavlik is bigger hitter. Sergio has been in there with far bigger threats than Chavez. Jr has never been in with anyone even slightly like Martinez. A lot of his opponents have been JMWs moving up. He was getting outboxed by Andy Lee until his power and pressure told. Martinez is light years ahead of Lee, and knows how to handle both power and pressure. Not sure if Sergio will KO him cold, but I think the ref will have to step in to save Jr.

Ps How ridiculous is it that he can just not turn up to training?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

Manos, Chavez Jr may be better suited to aggressiveness than Barker and Macklin, but the style they each deployed against Martinez would never work with Chavez Jr.

If Chavez tries to fight like Barker or Macklin did, I would be fully confident that the fight would be ridiculously lopsided, unlike Barker and Macklin's attempts, they actually did quite well.

On the flip side, Martinez has been in with more aggressive AND more awkward (Williams) fighters and showed that he is more than capable of dealing with them in brutal fashion. Ok, the first Williams was close, but Martinez came back with a blueprint for him and it worked to perfection.

And after that against Pavlik and Dzinzurik showed that ANY aggressive approach just aint gonna cut it anymore. I think this is why Macklin made sure he didn't try that plan which was a big surprise to everyone most of all Martinez!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:56 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I would say Chavez is better than Barker and Macklin and they did ok against Martinez. The second Williams fight with Martinez shows what can happen, but the first Williams fight also had a bigger, swarming fighter give Martinez all he could handle. Martinez should be winning this but there are still reasons for Chavez to be optimistic even outside of the whole drugs/robbery.

Williams throws 1000 punches per fight, Chavez' highest is about 800 vs Zbik and that was his highest by a large margin. Chavez is aggressive but doesn't have the highest output and given Martinez will dance in and out of range his numbers will fall. He has no jab and will start to tire when he is having to cut off the ring

Williams numbers didnt fall against Martinez and Matinez had great difficulty keeping him at bay in the first fight. I just dont think its beyond the realms of possibility that Chavez could ask a few questions for a while at least. The impression I get on here is that this is going to be an execution. Im just saying it might not be as utterly one sided as people are predicting or hoping for. If Chavez durabilty is high, then he could make things awkward and Martinez will have to work for a win. If it isnt then he will be in trouble.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Manos, Chavez Jr may be better suited to aggressiveness than Barker and Macklin, but the style they each deployed against Martinez would never work with Chavez Jr.

If Chavez tries to fight like Barker or Macklin did, I would be fully confident that the fight would be ridiculously lopsided, unlike Barker and Macklin's attempts, they actually did quite well.

On the flip side, Martinez has been in with more aggressive AND more awkward (Williams) fighters and showed that he is more than capable of dealing with them in brutal fashion. Ok, the first Williams was close, but Martinez came back with a blueprint for him and it worked to perfection.

And after that against Pavlik and Dzinzurik showed that ANY aggressive approach just aint gonna cut it anymore. I think this is why Macklin made sure he didn't try that plan which was a big surprise to everyone most of all Martinez!!

I dont think Chavez will win, I just think the fight might not be so utterly one sided.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:43 pm

Not watched it yet but I wonder, is this the way Chavez Jr has prepared for many or all of his fights thus far?

Or has the occasion and Martinez himself likely gotten to him and pushed him to adopt a nervous attempt at a "I need no effort, I just need to turn up" psychological approach?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 5:34 pm

At his age Martinez may be on the decline. Chavez Jr is improving but it seems wierd that having been carefully matched for so long they decide to jump in at the deep end and fight perhaps the best middleweight in the world.

I have a gut feeling there might be an upset by way of a controversial decision. Unless, Martinez due to age regresses to the fighter that fought Maragarito.

No matter, Chavez Jr is going to take savage punches all night. His defence is appalling...... Surprise Surprise he's coached by Roach.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 11 Sep 2012, 5:37 pm

manos de piedra wrote:

Williams numbers didnt fall against Martinez and Matinez had great difficulty keeping him at bay in the first fight. I just dont think its beyond the realms of possibility that Chavez could ask a few questions for a while at least. The impression I get on here is that this is going to be an execution. Im just saying it might not be as utterly one sided as people are predicting or hoping for. If Chavez durabilty is high, then he could make things awkward and Martinez will have to work for a win. If it isnt then he will be in trouble.

His punches thrown didnt reduce but % landed did and unlike Williams, Chavez can't afford to waste any energy. Chavez carries a lot of water weight which slows him down and also tires him out. Williams throws unorthodox punches and although not great at doing so himself he uses his long punches and range better than Chavez. Williams had fought much higher opposition beforehand than chavez had, I think Rubio or Lee are his best wins to date and neither are world class

He may have more trouble than people think but saying martinez is vulnerable to swarmers when he was unlucky to have lost to Williams who was a P4P player at the time is a little far fetched

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

we'll just have to wait and see....

int boxin' mint!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:12 pm

manos de piedra wrote:

His punches thrown didnt reduce but % landed did and unlike Williams, Chavez can't afford to waste any energy. Chavez carries a lot of water weight which slows him down and also tires him out. Williams throws unorthodox punches and although not great at doing so himself he uses his long punches and range better than Chavez. Williams had fought much higher opposition beforehand than chavez had, I think Rubio or Lee are his best wins to date and neither are world class

He may have more trouble than people think but saying martinez is vulnerable to swarmers when he was unlucky to have lost to Williams who was a P4P player at the time is a little far fetched

I said Williams gave him all he could handle in the first fight, which I would stand by. I didnt say all swarmers cause him problems. Martinez struggled to keep him of him and Williams had reasonable success swarming him. Wiliams was always a high volume but quite low percentage scoring fighter. If Chavez can successfully close the space down and get on top of Martinez then he can make life tough for him. Williams might have better than Chavez, but if Chavez is able to handle Martinez power, which I have no idea at the moment, then the fight could be hard work for Martinez as opposed to a one sided execution. My initial point was designed to provide some food for thought to those who think this is a foregone conclusion massacre. The unknowns for me surrounding Chavez durability and ability to close Martinez down means Im less certain its a mismatch. I like Martinez for the win, Im just not so certain it will be easy due to alot of the question marks around Chavez.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:34 pm

Hold the phone there guys, I'm pretty sure Martinez took the Williams fight at late notice, someone can correct me on this?

In which case once he had a chance to study him he figured out the weakness and we all know what happened. I think people need to read into what Sergio is saying, he knows how to exploit Chavez Jrs flaws and its going to be a brutal beatdown.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:42 pm

Difference being is that williams swarmed him with volume AND foot speed. From what i can see, Chavez does indeed swarm, but with no real speed or movement.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:55 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Difference being is that williams swarmed him with volume AND foot speed. From what i can see, Chavez does indeed swarm, but with no real speed or movement.

That's what I'm trying to get at, chavez has a pressure style and a good chin but that's where the similarities end.Williams is taller, quicker (hands and footwork), more experianced and has a wider variety of punches.

Chavez doesn't throw any jabs and is left hook happy which is not as effective against southpaws especially ones as elusive as Martinez, the straight right is key for Chavez and he doesn't throw straight punches

I bet the ring is going to be tiny just like the Lee fight

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

Its a 20 ft ring or no fight, Lou Di Bella has already said he won't let the fight go on if its not.

He even said he will measure it!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Difference being is that williams swarmed him with volume AND foot speed. From what i can see, Chavez does indeed swarm, but with no real speed or movement.

That's what I'm trying to get at, chavez has a pressure style and a good chin but that's where the similarities end.Williams is taller, quicker (hands and footwork), more experianced and has a wider variety of punches.

Chavez doesn't throw any jabs and is left hook happy which is not as effective against southpaws especially ones as elusive as Martinez, the straight right is key for Chavez and he doesn't throw straight punches

I bet the ring is going to be tiny just like the Lee fight

Hahahahaha! Clueless!! I can't beleive you just said that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The left hook is a fantastic punch against a southpaw. If not the best punch then it is second only to the straight back hand.

Remember there are boxers, ex-boxers and coaches on here before proposing tactical false truths.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 8:13 pm

if you want me to explain i will...
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 11 Sep 2012, 8:24 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:if you want me to explain i will...

Please do, imo the left hook to the head isn't as effective vs a southpaw because a normal Souhtpaw leans to his left as they bobs or slipspunches thus riding the punches better than the right hand the southpaw so if it lands it won't connect solidly. The hook can work but needs to be set up, something Chavez won't do. A telegraphed lead left hook is not the punch for a southpaw and can be countered. The left hook needs to land after the straight right to have an effect as the southpaw will be movin back into the shot

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

Id have to disagree that the left hook isnt a good weapon against southpaws. I think it can be very effective. The range and distance is shorter against the southpaw. Much easier to get the left hook to the head/body while keeping your own defensive position closed. It works very well to counter a sothpaw jab because their position will be closer and more open to your left hook when they throw. Ward mangled Dawson with left hooks in their fight recently. Having said that, Martinez has good upper body movement which makes landing hooks on him tricky. But if Chavez can get right in front of him then he could be effective with it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 11 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm

Wasn't wards left hook a key part of him dominating Chad Dawson?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

A southpaw slips in both directions, in the same way as an orthodox boxer does. Slips are either inside or outside of the punch, the counter depends on the slip. For example, if a soupaw slip's inside an orthodox jab (as you put it to his left) he slips onto a straight right power shot. If he slips inside an orthodox right or outside an orthodox jab (as you would say...to his right) he slips into a left hook. If any boxer slips mostly in one direction, he will be found out, and from that point on he is on the road to destruction. Hence southpaws slip in both directions too.

When a lefty fights a righty, what tends to happen, is the southpaw will move to his right and the orthodox will move to his left. Both are trying to avoid the big rear hand. If a southpaw slips left he slips in the direction of a right hand.

An orthodox fighter when jabbing should attempt to get his front foot/body on the outside (or left) of the southpaw front foot. He does this so that he can jab over the southpaw lead hand (so that the southpaw can't parry it) move away from the left power shot and make it easier to stop the southpaw jab. By throwing a lead left hook (why does it have to be telegraphed? it's easy not to telegraph it? If you can't help telegraph it then feint a right hand in attempt to make him slip inside onto a left hook. However, it's easy to throw a jab and turn it into a long left hook or just throw a hook off the jab), anyway i was saying, by throwing a lead left hook the orthodox boxer negates the need to step left to see the opening because the angle of the left hook finds the gap between the southpaw's lead right and his chin without the need to move the feet (though its better to do both, move the feet and throw the hook).

Perhaps the best way to justify the use of a left hook against a southpaw is.........simply slip outside the southpaw jab (to your left) .... opening up a powerful left hook counter to either body or head left hook (choice is yours).

I realise the way i right may make it a little hard to visualise, but i hope not.

Last edited by TheMackemMawler on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

Chad Dawson's overly repetitive lean from the waist made him a sitting duck half the time, it was so obvious. Ward simply threw a long straight left down at the exposed chin, lovely.

As for Maravilla and JCCJ there's no way in the world I'll manage to stay up and catch it and recording it isn't an option either, gutted!! Hope Martinez does a proper number on him though.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

AAARRRRRGHHHGGHHHH....... southpaws mess with my head
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

When I say 'long straight left' it was by no means a jab. Watch the knock downs, it's a quality shot.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:20 pm

KingMonkey wrote:When I say 'long straight left' it was by no means a jab. Watch the knock downs, it's a quality shot.

over the lead, right in the gap. Quality shot. Ward is immense.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next