The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Makes His Defence

+8
manos de piedra
Soldier_Of_Fortune
kevchadders
Scottrf
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
coxy0001
School Project
AlexHuckerby
12 posters

Go down

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Makes His Defence Empty Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Makes His Defence

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 26 Oct 2011, 2:43 am

Against none other than Peter Manfredo Jr.

How is this guy world champion.... It's just sad, what you think?
Of course this is just a terrible fight but does anyone give Manfredo a chance?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Makes His Defence Empty Re: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Makes His Defence

Post by School Project Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:42 am

This fight was organised ages ago, he was meant to fight Ronald Hearns in September too.

I can't stand Chavez Jr. He's a useless, lazy, scrotbag who is champion because his daddy is in bed with the WBC.

I don't see Manfredo doing anything of any note. But when you consider he's travelling to Mexico to fight, has been hand picked for the job and is probably just as useless as Chavez, you have to wonder about his chances.

I would love to see ANYONE beat Chavez though. Manfredo doing it would be egg on the face of the WBC and Roach though.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Makes His Defence Empty Re: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Makes His Defence

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:48 am

Peter Manfredo was good enough for Calzaghe..........

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:37 am

Really looking forward to this one. Chavez will have his hands full with the dangerous Manfredo Jr.

He will have to contain some relentless power shots but I fully expect Chavez Jr to take a close UD.

Cracking fight, can't wait.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:47 am

coxy0001 wrote:Peter Manfredo was good enough for Calzaghe..........

5 years ago, following a successful stint on The Contender, he's petty much failed at everything else since then.

Though I do hope he batters Chavez Jr.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

I think Chavez will stop him to be honest. No need for family officials here.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

School Project wrote:

5 years ago, following a successful stint on The Contender, he's petty much failed at everything else since then.

Though I do hope he batters Chavez Jr.

Not one to nit-pick, but he lost to Gomez in the first round and then to Mora in the final....... Hardly call that successful against fighters who haven't exactly set the world on fire.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:53 am

Oh and i couldn't care for JCCJr, don't blame him for making money off his fathers name. It's just he's not very good yet somehow has a belt.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:58 am

coxy0001 wrote:Oh and i couldn't care for JCCJr, don't blame him for making money off his fathers name. It's just he's not very good yet somehow has a belt.

Spot on, the sooner he's sacrificed to Martinez the better, but you know fully well that Roach, Arum and the WBC won't let Daddies little soldier near Martinez (the WBC Super Dooper Emirates Diamond Fully Loaded Bucket Champion).

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

School Project wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Oh and i couldn't care for JCCJr, don't blame him for making money off his fathers name. It's just he's not very good yet somehow has a belt.

Spot on, the sooner he's sacrificed to Martinez the better, but you know fully well that Roach, Arum and the WBC won't let Daddies little soldier near Martinez (the WBC Super Dooper Emirates Diamond Fully Loaded Bucket Champion).

If they do fight i'm already smelling the stale man sub helmet cheese stench of an utter robbery of a travesty.

Martinez will probably knock him down twice and win every minute of every round before being called a draw. I can just see something silly happening for some reason.

In an ideal world he'll beat JCCJr inside 30 seconds after landing 45 unanswered blows which'll result in Chavez shouting "no more" and quitting like a dog never to be seen again. And then Martinez slaps him round the head with the WBC belt that's been rightfully returned to him thus knocking him out of the ring.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:20 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
School Project wrote:

If they do fight i'm already smelling the stale man sub helmet cheese stench of an utter robbery of a travesty.

Martinez will probably knock him down twice and win every minute of every round before being called a draw. I can just see something silly happening for some reason.

I can already see Chavez's men getting Roger Tilleman and the judges used in Sven Ottke matches.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:22 pm

Just like Martinez vs Cintron?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

Am surprised Truss hasnt came on yet to defend him. He probably considers him a great

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Am surprised Truss hasnt came on yet to defend him. He probably considers him a great

On paper......

But fairplay.......

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

Even Coxy can believe that Manfredo was a suitable opponent for Calzaghe. He may as well of fought Jade Goody, plus it would have been a damn site more entertaining!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

bhb001 wrote:Even Coxy can believe that Manfredo was a suitable opponent for Calzaghe. He may as well of fought Jade Goody, plus it would have been a damn site more entertaining!

When did i say he was suitable?! I said he had zero right to be in the same ring?! Can you re-read the bit where i slated him in the elite competition "The Contender".......

Now take it back and say sorry

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

I see Chavez winning by stoppage late on , before his franzied followers inevitably begin enthusing over what a stunning performance it was, how he's continuing the greatness of his father, and how he's on his way to boxing immortality, too. In reality though, it will be a dull fight in which Manfreddo will simply carry out his role of being the fall guy and losing every round to a tee.

Anybody else read the article on Chavez Jr in 'Boxing Monthly' recently? This is what Lou DiBella has to say about him: "Chavez is a pleasing fighter who makes fun fights, but he's not of class. He's a B pro. If he didn't have the name, nobody would be paying attention."

"You don't have to be a great fighter to be a star, and the kid is marketable. He's getting better and he's still a young guy. Can he make himself a B-plus fighter? Yes. Can he make himself an A fighter? No. I could knock him off in ten different ways, but Top Rank knows that and they'll match him carefully."

Now obviously, what with DiBella being a certain Sergio Martinez's promoter, you could expect him to be a little partisan - but I still pretty much agree with everything he's said there.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:39 pm

Didn't Amir Khan say a few years ago that having watched him train at the WildCard, he doesn't think he is that good either. Can't remember which site said that, so if anyone can find it, that would be great. I can't be @rsed.

So I am keeping note of him saying that because ala Kotelnik, Khan will prob be matched with him at light middle in a few years and he will be declaring this his toughest fight ever.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:45 pm

boxing

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

bhb001 wrote:

boxing

I was at that fight, the sad thing is after sitting through Amir Khan v Steffy Bull and Enzo Macc vs Bobby Gunn on the undercard the Calzaghe Manfredo fight was the highlight of the evening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

Chavez Jr is the biggest ducker in boxing at the moment imo the guy has had tons of fights and fought hardly anyone

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:54 pm

I was there too, Rowley - what a night of boxing! Should have been an instant Calzaghe-Manfredo rematch, though. Controversial stoppage to say the least, Manfredo was robbed.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:54 pm

Waingro, are you planning to join Unions prediction competition this time round, the more the merrier.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I was there too, Rowley - what a night of boxing! Should have been an instant Calzaghe-Manfredo rematch, though. Controversial stoppage to say the least, Manfredo was robbed.

Gunn was the big robbery of the night for me Chris, seemed clear to me he was employing a rope a dope tactic. Ali does it and he is a genius, Gunn does it and he gets stopped and becomes a figure of ridicule, such fine margins sometimes in life.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:58 pm

True Jeff, but it's one thing trying the rope-a-dope against a lumbering clown like George Foreman, quite another employing it against a primed wrecking machine such as Enzo Maccarinelli.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:59 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I was there too, Rowley - what a night of boxing! Should have been an instant Calzaghe-Manfredo rematch, though. Controversial stoppage to say the least, Manfredo was robbed.

Please be a WUM. Calzaghe was hitting with right and left without stopping with Manfredo not even trying to fight back. Stopped not because Manfredo was hurt, but even the ref realised it was a farce! Please, let's not have any post event rationalisation here! The whole thing was a joke designed to add another win to the Calzaghe manufactured legacy; a fighter who could have been truly great if he just had more confidence in himself earlier on in his career. I'm now going for a lie down!!!

Last edited by bhb001 on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

rowley wrote:Waingro, are you planning to join Unions prediction competition this time round, the more the merrier.

I will give it a shot why not? but might not remember to play some weeks happens to me in fantasy football aswell lol, forget to make changes before the weekend and end up with wrong captain or something

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

Suspect he was joking bhb, if not someone has definitely hacked Chris' account.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

Waingro wrote:
rowley wrote:Waingro, are you planning to join Unions prediction competition this time round, the more the merrier.

I will give it a shot why not? but might not remember to play some weeks happens to me in fantasy football aswell lol, forget to make changes before the weekend and end up with wrong captain or something

Good man, can't hurt to try.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:01 pm

bhb001 wrote:

boxing

I was being sarcastic with reference to the rightful scorn poured on his choice of oppo in the article

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

Hope so, Jeff. His next post suggests it definitely is tongue in cheek

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

bhb001 wrote:

Please be a WUM. Calzaghe was hitting with right and left without stopping with Manfredo not even trying to fight back. Stopped not because Manfredo was hurt, but even the ref realised it was a farce! Please, let's not have any post event rationalisation here! The whole thing was a joke designed to add another win to the Calzaghe manufactured legacy; a fighter who could have been truly great if he just had more confidence in himself earlier on in his career. I'm now going for a lie down!!!

Knew I should have dropped in a couple of 'lols' to make it clear I was joking...Seems that Tina, Scott and Trussman were right all along, my writing style really must be boring and lacking in character!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

boxing

I was being sarcastic with reference to the rightful scorn poured on his choice of oppo in the article

So you are saying I was right when I said "even Coxy can't believe..." Apology any time you like

Hug

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:06 pm

bhb001 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

boxing

So you are saying I was right when I said "even Coxy can't believe..." Apology any time you like

Hug

Not my fault you couldn't interpret it properly! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:10 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Not my fault you couldn't interpret it properly! Wink

As close to an apology as I suspect I'm going to get.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down