The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's going to get the sack 1st?

+3
Liam
Reaper
HERSH
7 posters

Go down

Who's going to get the sack 1st?

Who's going to get the sack 1st? Vote_lcap25%Who's going to get the sack 1st? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Who's going to get the sack 1st? Vote_lcap50%Who's going to get the sack 1st? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
Who's going to get the sack 1st? Vote_lcap25%Who's going to get the sack 1st? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Who's going to get the sack 1st? Empty Who's going to get the sack 1st?

Post by HERSH Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

AVB or Rogers?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Who's going to get the sack 1st? Empty Re: Who's going to get the sack 1st?

Post by Reaper Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:23 pm

Going by QPR's performances so far, I think it's going to be Mark Hughes.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:31 pm

Think its way too early to start talking about sackings. By the sounds of things, Rodgers only let Carroll go out on loan as he thought Dempsey was lined up to replace him. The owners obviously have some issues with buying players over the age of 27 for more than 5m, even though Dempsey is a good player for just 6m.

Now, Rodger's will probably have to look at loan signings or maybe even signing Owen as a free agent. He would be a decent signing for Liverpool. Whether he would start is another question. Gerrard was awful and has been awful in these first 3 games for Liverpool and really needs to pull his socks up. Allen has been Liverpool's best player this season. I also feel the defence has been lack luster, Johnson very casual in possession and lost the ball quite a bit today.

With Spurs its again way too early. Its a building progress but I feel them not signing Moutinho as Modric's replacement is a major blunder. Its left the Centre of midfield seriously lacking creativity and despite Dembele/Dempsey being signed, they have no one to dictate play from deep like Modric could do. Still, they have a good side and if they can cut out silly errors in the dying minutes they'll be challenging for the top 4. They could easily be with 6 points but costly defensive mistakes has cost them crucial wins. AVB needs time and I feel the quality of Spurs and a bit of luck will see them climb the table very soon.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:55 pm

Think both will be given time regardless of their starts to the season and neither will be sacked

I'm with Reaper in saying Mark Hughes will be the first managerial casualty of the season

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:43 pm

I think Rogers is a decent shout, although not just yet. The owners seem to think they should be looking at top for when in reality Everton are the better team on merseyside and Liverpool are just about a top 10 team.

Think they will be a little like Newcastle (my team) this season. Good starting 11 but nothing on bench when things aren't going right.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:53 pm

I think you're being totally ridiculous to suggest that they are "just about a top 10 team". Liverpool were challenging for Europe most of last season. I think this year they'll struggle, but it's jumping the gun to suggest that they are a "just about a top 10 team".

I think it'll be Mark Hughes as well, although I am worried for Nigel Adkins as well, who has done an excellent job but just can't seem to get the results and Southampton will be desperate to stay in the league.

Di Matteo, despite Chelsea's good start is clearly not safe either.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:06 pm

I would have these teams above Liverpool

Man Utd
Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Newcastle
Everton
West Brom (at a stretch)

Realistically Liverpool are at best the 8th best team in the country. They have no depth in the squad, they brought John Jo Baldy off the bench today for gods sake.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

Jonjo Shelvey is a good young player, he was a starter for much of last season. I think he'll become an excellent player, but only if he is given the first team football to develop. He gets better with every game.

I don't think West Brom are better, I don't think they have finished higher than Liverpool in any recent seasons, I think it's too early to judge Newcastle who had a good year last year, but might not necessarily repeat it. I'd say Everton are probably on the verge of being better than Liverpool now unfortunately.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:17 pm

Without being blinded by my bias towards Newcastle I think it is pretty much guaranteed we will finish above Liverpool this season.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:21 pm

We'll see. I think it's possible, maybe even probable. But it's too difficult to judge it this early.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:20 am

Seen both Spurs home games and even before that I forecast that AVB would be sacked before the end of the season. Whether anyone beats him to the sack, I'm not sure.
Here is a classic case of a manager (Harry R) being dismissed for failing to get into the top four (or top three in Harry's case) and then being replaced by someone who is not even going to get close to a top four position.
Tottenham will be ruthless with AVB. Juande Ramos was chucked out on his ear in 2008 which suggested that the board were quite happy to lose face and admit they had made a mistake.
As for the fans booing. Tottenham have ridiculously high season ticket prices. Expectation is enormous. When you see simple things done wrong - not supporting the player on the ball, players paid £100,000 a week and unable to kick properly with both feet, players not clearing the danger when they have the chance - then you're going to make your feelings known.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

I think FSG will fire Brendan Rodgers and Bobby Valentine on the same day (about Sept 30th), completing an unusual double on both sides of the Atlantic and sealing their position as most self-serving owners in sport.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down