The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team 3D leaving TNA

+9
jp97
Mr Video Man
Kay Fabe
VDT
The-Rizz
The_Enigma
Crimey
Hero
Aaronb33
13 posters

Go down

Team 3D leaving TNA Empty Team 3D leaving TNA

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:23 pm

It looks like the contract talks have failed between TNA and Team 3D.

Devon tweeted “I would like to thank the tna fans for making the last seven years fun . im sure we will see each other again down the road real soon. im ready to see where god bring me to next. i cant wait . i see big thing on the way. o and HELL NO IM NOT RETIRING.”

I don't really care about Devon anyway, he's just a massive black Marty Jannetty. But then we get to the massive short haired Shawn Michaels...

“Dont mattah where ya start..mattahs where ya finish. See ya in Phoenix!! STRONGEST THE LONGEST. #BULLYNATION”

It's a shame TNA haven't been able to sort it out with Bubba, he's really come into his own as a heel, and I still reckon he's the best heel in the business at this point.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Team 3D leaving TNA Empty Re: Team 3D leaving TNA

Post by Hero Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:29 pm

Be interesting to see if WWE take them back as they had quite the dispute over names when they left and Bubba is not one that is overly liked in WWE.
Get those back and get NAO back for a stint and it could create a bit of a buzz for the tag division to bring through a few new teams.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

I think they'll be back in TNA soon enough.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:40 pm

I'd probably agree with your Crimey, They'll likely sign short-term contratcs then in that time start discussing extended contracts which look likley that they'll have it mostly on their terms, D'Von could easily slip away from TNA has he's not tied up to any storylines and if he still holds the Television Title a quick change will solve that, Bully on the other hand is apart of the major storyline & has been at his best in 2012.

If they do sign with WWE, there's no reason why they couldn't sign as a tag team (Putting over McGillicutty & Johnny Curtis!), even though management have tried to sign D'Von before in the past they're not so keen on Bubba who's burnt a lot of bridges from his time being there... I hop

I know this would never happen but even a watered down version of Bully Ray on smackdown could be gold!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Thu 30 Aug 2012, 4:06 pm

I can't see them back in WWE anytime soon, they just don't fit the WWE mould anymore.

Am I right in thinking they run a wrestling school, maybe they will focus more on that, and the occasional appearance at indie wrestling events.

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 31 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

Looks like Bully Ray will be signing with TNA, can't see WWE signing Devon on his own!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:32 am

Back in 2008 the only reason the WWE didn't manage to sign D-Von was because they just refused to offer Bubba any terms what so ever, so with that in mind I wouldn't be surprised if they went after him again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:48 am

Whilst it would be difficult to see I'd say never say never. Vince is notorious for putting aside previous history if the dollar signs light up.
Trips is also reportedly looking to build the tag division up again and there's not many better than the Dudleys to bring interest back to it, convince Edge to have one last match at Mania as a send off perhaps and Dudleys v E&C in a TLC match (ensuring Edge isn't the one taking any bumps).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:56 am

Hero wrote:Whilst it would be difficult to see I'd say never say never. Vince is notorious for putting aside previous history if the dollar signs light up.
Trips is also reportedly looking to build the tag division up again and there's not many better than the Dudleys to bring interest back to it, convince Edge to have one last match at Mania as a send off perhaps and Dudleys v E&C in a TLC match (ensuring Edge isn't the one taking any bumps).

i agree getting dudley boyz back would be good but i cant see edge having another match with condition his neck/spine is in. if it was still alright to wrestle with he wouldnt have retired
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:19 am

Austin was the same though and he is being constantly linked with a farewell match v Punk at WM30.
As long as the other guys are the ones taking the bumps it could be a possibility, all four guys know each very well in the ring and would be able to put on a show whilst ensuring Edge is protected.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

Tbh I'd feel a bit gutted for Ray if he ended up just as part of Dudley Boyz again. He has been brilliant on his own and that would be a huge step backwards

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 1:25 pm

bully ray could sign up and be a leading heel on smackdown, the current roster is abit lacking like it was when JBL got the run in 2004, would really like to see him in that position.

but even as a tag team they could be a great signing to bulk the tag division.think it would be a waste of ray's ability but it is much better than nothing and could be a rub the newer tag teams need.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 02 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

how are you 14 lol?

Your posts are class.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:50 pm

I'll be sorry to see Bully go, if he does end up leaving. As others have said, he has carved out a good role for himself as TNA's main panto villain and featured prominently in a number of stories. While he's never really been in contention for a title, he's never far away from the spotlight.

I couldn't see him getting a better deal (in terms of story involvement and in-ring action) anywhere else.

As for Devon, I feel he could have played a bigger role and looked set to become a main feature when he won the TV title. He was supposed to defend it every week, but that got dropped after a month or so.

Not a particularly brilliant wrestler but good on the mic and a good character. I thought he and Garrett Bischoff might have teamed up and started a long-term feud with Kazarian and Daniels or even Gunner and someone else. Would have been a good way to keep Devon in the spotlight when he wasn't defending his title and would have been a good way for Garrett to get some more exposure.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:37 pm

"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Things are about to get interesting. #BULLYNATION"

Maybe Bubba's re-signed? Bit weird considering he was negotiating both contracts but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:43 pm

Would Bully Ray really be that much of a loss to TNA?

I just don't buy him ever being World Champion or selling PPVs, he just doesn't come across as a draw

He's always been a talented guy but for me he'll just never be the main guy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:08 am

the-gaffer wrote:Would Bully Ray really be that much of a loss to TNA?

I just don't buy him ever being World Champion or selling PPVs, he just doesn't come across as a draw

While I still find it hard to take one half of the Dudley Boyz seriously as a main eventer, you've got to admit he's one of the few genuinly loathsome heel promos left in the post-kayfabe era, I would never position him as the main guy but he is certainlly earned his spot among the top table in TNA.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:13 am

I think he's one of the few guys out there who you have to look at and say "he's awesome at what he does". He might never draw huge money, he might no even get a run with the strap, but if people know there's someone in TNA who is the best at what they do (and he is in my opinion), they're more likely to watch regularly.

Look at how many people didn't watch WWE regularly until Punk's promo last year. In their eyes, at that point, he was the best promo in the business, so they tuned in to see his next "pipe bomb". When Austin was hot, people who'd got bored of the rubbish WWF had been putting out for a few years suddenly got interested again. WCW had the NWO angle that made people forget about the atrocious stuff they'd been putting out.

Once they build their fanbase, the money will come, regardless of who the biggest draw is.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:41 am

Bully Ray won't be going, he is through in the BFG series, looks like he may be getting a bit of a push

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:42 am

Bully Ray could be a JBL-esque champion, not the big name but so hated he can make somebody else a big name.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:54 am

I'd love to see Bully Ray in WWE doing what he does in TNA, but I fear he wouldn't be allowed to and would just end up diluted and insignificant.

He's the only thing in TNA I like.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I'd love to see Bully Ray in WWE doing what he does in TNA, but I fear he wouldn't be allowed to and would just end up diluted and insignificant.

He's the only thing in TNA I like.

wwe wouldnt allow that remember to BE A STAR Wink
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:22 pm

Devon tweeted a picture with his sons wearing a Raw is War t-shirt.

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:Would Bully Ray really be that much of a loss to TNA?

While I still find it hard to take one half of the Dudley Boyz seriously as a main eventer, you've got to admit he's one of the few genuinly loathsome heel promos left in the post-kayfabe era, I would never position him as the main guy but he is certainlly earned his spot among the top table in TNA.

I agree with you, like I said he's always been a talented guy but I just don't personally see him as a guy who'd win the big title and be at the top of the tree, for me that's a fundemental must-have if you want to be successful at that level, while we don't get the opportunity to buy TNA PPV's in this country, for me he isn't the type of guy that would make me want to buy a PPV anyway, I simply couldn't buy into him Challenging the World Champion and I'd definitely not buy into him retaining the World Title

As for some peoples decision to compare him with the JBL of 2004 then I believe that's quite lazy thinking, people see a guy who has come from the tags and is good on the stick and make what on the surface looks like an obvious comparison, it's really not though, JBL was hand picked for the role because he was a great talker however for me that simply wouldn't have been enough, he needed the gimmick to go with it, the big spending filthy rich Texan is a tried and testedgimmick that's been successful for decades in America whether its in Wrestling, Films or TV shows, defeats don't and will never hurt those type of Characters because money = power and as long as they're booked to have money they'll realistically have (kayfabe) power

Bubba is a Bully, totally different character with a different dynamic, as soon as a Bully is beaten he loses his value, particularly if he's beaten up, what use is a bully who doesn't win? He obviously doesn't intimidate his opponents enough if they can get regular wins off him

I'd say Bully-Ray is more like the Bradshaw character than the JBL one and I doubt anyone would say Bradshaw and JBL were similar characters

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down