The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Undefeated Streak

+13
Samo
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
TwisT
GSC
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Dr Gregory House MD
theundisputedY2D2
The Awesome Giz
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Mr Video Man
The-Rizz
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Undefeated Streak Empty The Undefeated Streak

Post by The-Rizz Fri 24 Aug - 9:53

Here comes a nice hypothetical question for a Friday……

So, in case anyone is unaware, The Undertaker is currently on a bit of a role when it comes to Wrestlemania. His unbeaten streak currently stands at 20-0. Hypothetically, let’s assume that Taker and the WWE have an unwritten agreement that he will wrestle 5 more Wrestlemania matches taking the streak to 25-0, at which point he will hang up his trench-coat and hat for good. With this in mind who would you want those final 5 matches to be against, and why?

Here’s my list…..

WM 29: Wade Barrett - okay so curveball first pick. The obvious choice for the next WM match is Brock Lesnar, however I think that Barrett would be an equally suitable challenger for the streak, providing he gets a decent push upon his return.

WM 30: Kurt Angle – this one relies on Angle returning to the WWE obviously, but IMO Angle would be a great opponent for Taker, and at the 30th anniversary of WM, I imagine WWE will want a couple of high profile matches on the card, and these 2 legends facing off would definitely add some prestige to the event.

WM 31: CM Punk – Taker and Punk had a couple of really great matches back in 2009, and I think Punk is the perfect candidate to bring out another great match from the Deadman, and hopefully if Punk remains in the spotlight he will be seen as a serious threat to the undefeated streak.

WM 32: The Miz – Another curveball, not necessarily the obvious choice, but IMO The Miz is back on the rise. I think WWE realised they pushed Miz into the main event spotlight a couple of years ago, but I think he will be back in the main event scene shortly, and hopefully become one of the biggest names in the WWE. A WM match with Taker would certainly do wonders for the career of the Awesome One.

WM 33: John Cena – Assuming WM33 is Taker’s final ever match, it needs to be a big one, and it doesn’t get much bigger than Cena. Perfect way for Taker to end his career with a win against the biggest start of the current era.

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

The Undefeated Streak Empty Re: The Undefeated Streak

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 10:24

Do you really think some of these people will be around for that long?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 24 Aug - 10:31

wade probably will still be around

angle might be but if he does go back to wwe which i dont think he would it would be on a very limited schedule

punk maybe depends if he wants to retire from wrestling or not at that point

miz most likely will still be around

cena yes but probably again on a limited schedule like angle
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Fri 24 Aug - 10:36

AntLord wrote:Do you really think some of these people will be around for that long?

Don't see why not. I think Barrett, Punk and Miz will all be with the WWE for at least the next 5 years. It seems reasonable to assume Angle might want one more run with the WWE before the end of his career. Cena, who knows, Hollywood might come calling, but he has been loyal to WWE throughout his career so far........

And anyway this is a hypothetical question, therefore these are hypothetical answers. I just want to gage opinons from these forums as to who might be suitable Mainia opponents for The Undertaker if he was to wrestle for another 5 years.......would you care to give your opinion?!?!?

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 10:38

I can see Cody Rhodes getting involved, Probably Cena.

I honestly can't see the Undertaker doing another 5 years!

Chill out buddy - we are all allowed an opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 24 Aug - 10:47

Punk has said he is going to retire sooner than most people expect. Undertaker though seriously has one maybe two more matches in him and he could well miss this coming mania anyway.

Agree with Antlord on this one. Not sure it would happen but I think it would be a fitting end. I could possibly see one more match with it being a three way of HHH, HBK and Undertaker and afterwards all retiring (OK HBK has already).

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 24 Aug - 10:51

The-Rizz wrote:
AntLord wrote:Do you really think some of these people will be around for that long?

Don't see why not. I think Barrett, Punk and Miz will all be with the WWE for at least the next 5 years. It seems reasonable to assume Angle might want one more run with the WWE before the end of his career. Cena, who knows, Hollywood might come calling, but he has been loyal to WWE throughout his career so far........

dont think hollywood would want cena in a film he is probably the worst actor i have ever seen in any film ever.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 24 Aug - 10:53

Spoiler:

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 24 Aug - 10:58

zoot-trevor swann 6wf proves my point above
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 11:21

I can only really see him carrying on till WM30 at the most. If I were to pick opponents for him:

WM29 - John Cena. Probably the obvious choice. Looking at the roster it is difficult to really find someone high enough to put in there. As Cena has never attempted it, why not. The only other candidate would be Orton, but he has already been there in 2005.

WM30 - The Rock. If he is to go out with a bang, why not with one of the biggest names in wrestling history? I would so love to see Austin against Taker, but I am not sure they could get both parties together. For me to end his career with The Rock would fitting given the opponents he has faced at Mania who could make him look good in the ring still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 11:24

They are all - in theory - credible opponents bar The Miz.

There has always been a lot of talk of a potential Taker v Sting match up possibly happening. Would any of you guys like to see or have seen that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 11:30

Taker v Sting wouldn't do it for me. If it had happened back in mid late 90's, I would've been all for it. So much has changed persona wise with the American Badass and Joker Sting that I feel their time in the ring together has well and truly passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Fri 24 Aug - 11:32

Cena, Rock and Lesnar are the only guys I can see Taker having matches with. Going against Barrett, Rhodes, Sheamus, Punk or god forbid The Miz wouldn't do either any favours. I think Angle will retire at TNA, and as much as it would be a dream match Sting isn't going to come to WWE. I can't see Stone Cold having another match, if he could have he would have by now, age has caught up with him and he has other projects keeping him busy.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Fri 24 Aug - 11:50

Taker vs. Sting would have been great 5 - 10 years ago. Same with Taker vs. Rock, and Taker vs. Stone Cold.

If Taker is limited to just a few more WM's left in him, I would hope he might be used to fast-track a couple of the upper midcard guys to the main event status, hence the reason for Barrett and The Miz on my original list......Daniel Bryan could be another possibility.

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 12:00

As Bryan would now say. NO NO NO NO NO.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 24 Aug - 12:26

I think that however many Wrestlemania matches the Undertaker has left in him they will only be against what WWE would class as 'box office' opponents. The only ones around at the moment that could be seen as legitimate 'box office' are John Cena, the Rock and Brock Lesnar. The only other guy currently on the roster who has any chance of reaching that kind of level and being seen as a credible threat to the Streak is CM Punk but I don't trust WWE to go the whole hog and turn him into a 'box office' star.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 24 Aug - 12:27

If taker does make it another 5 years then at the moment only lesnar, rock, cena and possibly punk or orton at a push are big enough to take the occasion the streak has become, anyone else would need something beyond the usual push WWE is providing nowdays, I think lesnar is nailed on for this year and I think that could be a good match up given they both enjoy a slower pace and generally have great chemistry together. Following that rock and cena could be great marquee match up's, if angle returned he could also command a place, I don't think the likes of wade barret would be ready for the match this year and anyone of the younger guys would need at least a year at the top table with the full WWE machine behind them to get them ready, not because of a lack of talent but because WWE has consistenly failed to present anyone as a challange to the top table for some years now and hasn't put its full weight behind someone since Jeff hardy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 24 Aug - 12:29

If it was Lesnar v Taker this coming mania is anyone worried that Lesnar could genuinely end Takers career with a botch or going a little too legitimate?

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 12:33

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:If it was Lesnar v Taker this coming mania is anyone worried that Lesnar could genuinely end Takers career with a botch or going a little too legitimate?

I mentioned this is another thread. There appears to be some niggle between the two and if it is to be Lesnar's last appearance with the company would he really care about "going soft" on Taker? But then that is what would make it must see.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 24 Aug - 12:52

WM 29 Lesnar Vs Undertaker

WM 30 Punk vs Undertaker

WM 31 Angle vs Undertaker

WM 32 Cena vs Undertaker

WM 33 Kane vs Undertaker (Both men retire)

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 24 Aug - 13:15

WM 33 Kane vs Undertaker (Both men retire)[/quote]

Kane will be 50 by WM 33 and Taker will be 52, does anyone wanna see that?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Fri 24 Aug - 13:47

VDT wrote:
WM 33 Kane vs Undertaker (Both men retire)

Kane will be 50 by WM 33 and Taker will be 52, does anyone wanna see that? [/quote]

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! 100% NO!!!

Didn't really want to see it the last time these 2 guys feuded, don't want to see it again, it has been done too many times before.

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 13:59

If you think Undertaker will make it another 5 years you may aswell put him in a ring with Hogan, Flair and Vince!

He simply will not be about to wrestle in 5 years!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 24 Aug - 14:00

29. Lesnar vs Taker
30. Cena vs Taker (Has to be a massive main event)
31. Kane vs Taker (Retirement for both)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Fri 24 Aug - 14:12

AntLord wrote:If you think Undertaker will make it another 5 years you may aswell put him in a ring with Hogan, Flair and Vince!

He simply will not be about to wrestle in 5 years!!

good shout!! Taker, Hogan, Flair, McMahon - fatal 4way at Wrestlemania 34!! Flair to end the streak Yahoo

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 24 Aug - 14:18

29 - Punk v Taker
30 - Cena v Taker

Both wins for the dead man.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 24 Aug - 14:19

Interesting topic... I would assume that Taker would end on some kind of milestone so if he has another WM then I would guess he would go to 25 health permitting. I could see him facing:

WM29 - Lesnar
WM30 - The Rock
WM31 - Randy Orton
WM32 - Sheamus
WM33 - John Cena

I would guess Lesnar would be a lock-on for this year and there would be few bigger matches than Taker/Rock for 30. I can see a high profile heel Orton getting another match because of his in-ring abilities and as it would be the 10th anniversary of their last match. Sheamus is the right type of guy to face Taker and also I am not sure if he and Punk see eye to eye yet.

Cena to finish it off as he is the biggest of his generation.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 24 Aug - 14:24

Would anyone wanna see Taker v Foley as either Mankind or Cactus Jack in a hell in a cell ONE MORE TIME at WM30?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 24 Aug - 14:38

VDT wrote:Would anyone wanna see Taker v Foley as either Mankind or Cactus Jack in a hell in a cell ONE MORE TIME at WM30?

i would but it wont happen. pg and all that
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 24 Aug - 14:39

sjh5678 wrote:
VDT wrote:Would anyone wanna see Taker v Foley as either Mankind or Cactus Jack in a hell in a cell ONE MORE TIME at WM30?

i would but it wont happen. pg and all that

First match was under PG WWF Wink

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 24 Aug - 15:16

Didn't really break any PG guidlines did it? Was just full of big bumps... or is that secretly asking a question of what makes WWE PG.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 24 Aug - 15:22

Health and safety prob makes it a no go.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 24 Aug - 15:37

[quote="Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF"]Didn't really break any PG guidlines did it?[quote]

didnt taker put mankind through thumbtacks in the match? think mankind was bleeding in the mouth abit too. and undertaker was bleeding too from memory.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Aug - 15:41

sjh5678 wrote:
The-Rizz wrote:

dont think hollywood would want cena in a film he is probably the worst actor i have ever seen in any film ever.

Hollywood will come calling for Cena but not until they need to replace the original Ham actor the Shatner departs....this...mortal....curl

As for Taker at Mania, the only match that would remotely interest me with Taker anymore is Taker vs lil Jimmy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 15:48

To be fair Gaff, can you see him putting lil Jimmy over?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Aug - 15:53

I think Jimmy has just enough ability to just about get a match out of Taker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 24 Aug - 16:00

sjh5678 wrote:
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Didn't really break any PG guidlines did it?

didnt taker put mankind through thumbtacks in the match? think mankind was bleeding in the mouth abit too. and undertaker was bleeding too from memory.

I guess my point was that the memorable bits of this match were big spots but they could easily be recreated in a PG way if required. The problem being that neither of the guys would be physically able to. The match was a health and safety nightmare but could have been done in a PG manner.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 24 Aug - 16:04

I'll be surprised if we see Taker and another Mania. 20-0 is a nice number. It sounds nice and rounded and is easy to sell. It doesnt sound as good as 21-0 or 20-1.

Anyway, who would WANT to face Undertaker at Mania and have to follow the last 4 years? 3 of those Matches where definate MotY. (HBKx2 and HIAC).

After the 4 contests against HBK and HHH wouldnt someone like Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes seem a bit flat? They shot themselves in the foot by trying to top each previous year. Because now anything the produce will seem like a damp squib. Even Cena, The Rock or Lesnar wouldnt get me excited anymore.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Aug - 16:09

You'll definitely see more Taker at WrestleMania, when the time comes for him to call it a day it will be the absolute focal point of that particular WrestleMania, the WWE have spent so much time and effort protecting the streak and it's so valuable that you can bet when the time does come that Taker just can't go anymore then there will be one hell of an over the top build up to the match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug - 16:11

If they were to put him in a feud with, lets say, Barrett then it would surely require more than just a match announcement, a couple of promo's and a match itself? I mean how would they build it?

Is Taker willing to do a three month program where there are physical altercations leading up to Wrestlemania?

Last edited by FreekShow on Fri 24 Aug - 16:22; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Aug - 16:17

Yeah definitely, let's remember its the guys career we'd be talking about here, he'd want to go out with the hottest angle possible, no doubt he wouldn't be taking msny bumps pre-Mania but he'd definitely be around for as long as it'd take, after so many years at the top he'd want to go out with a massive storyline that would be fitting of his character and his career, I've got no doubt about it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 24 Aug - 16:20

the-gaffer wrote:You'll definitely see more Taker at WrestleMania, when the time comes for him to call it a day it will be the absolute focal point of that particular WrestleMania, the WWE have spent so much time and effort protecting the streak and it's so valuable that you can bet when the time does come that Taker just can't go anymore then there will be one hell of an over the top build up to the match

I'd rather they build a survivor series around it. Send him out on the PPV he started in and give it some much needed credibility.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 24 Aug - 16:20

Would he? Do you know him personally? After being around so long I think he might want to just sneak out the back having seen Flair and HBK have big send offs maybe he just wants to take each day as it comes. He is rich and just starting a family maybe he will just call it a day now.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 24 Aug - 18:53

Can't see one of the most iconic wrestlers ever, sneaking out the back door, when taker calls it a day it will be a moment to remember, he is one of the companies most marketable and successful characters of all time, not only would the man want to put an exclamation point on his career but the company would want to squeeze every last penny out of the streak and taker.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 24 Aug - 20:43

I'd love to see Punk lose the title to Cena at Survivor Series with Cena dropping it to the Rock at the Royal Rumble. Punk then goes on to win the Royal Rumble, and for him to come out and say when he main events Wrestlemania, he wants it to be for the streak. That way Punk can overshadow a Cena Vs Rock WWE Championship match by main eventing for the streak, and (even though I'd have him lose) it would really cement him into super-stardom.

Wrestlemania 30 I'd have Cena Vs Taker and then I'd say that's about it for Taker.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Aug - 23:18

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Would he? Do you know him personally? After being around so long I think he might want to just sneak out the back having seen Flair and HBK have big send offs maybe he just wants to take each day as it comes. He is rich and just starting a family maybe he will just call it a day now.

Yeah I do know him personally, we're right pals me and him, we go out stealing souls and making people famous without each other all the time

Last edited by the-gaffer on Sat 25 Aug - 4:39; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Aug - 23:20

MtotheC wrote:Can't see one of the most iconic wrestlers ever, sneaking out the back door, when taker calls it a day it will be a moment to remember, he is one of the companies most marketable and successful characters of all time, not only would the man want to put an exclamation point on his career but the company would want to squeeze every last penny out of the streak and taker.

Yeah you say that but do you know him personally?

**Edit** Spot on by the way

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 24 Aug - 23:55

Whilst its a decent hypothetical question which looks like its sparked decent debate your completely bonkers to try to book the next 5 years wrestlemania's!!!

12 months ago if you'd of said Brock Lesnar would return.... 18 months ago the Rock. 3 years ago Bret Hart... The list is endless

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 25 Aug - 9:03

the-gaffer wrote:
MtotheC wrote:Can't see one of the most iconic wrestlers ever, sneaking out the back door, when taker calls it a day it will be a moment to remember, he is one of the companies most marketable and successful characters of all time, not only would the man want to put an exclamation point on his career but the company would want to squeeze every last penny out of the streak and taker.

Yeah you say that but do you know him personally?

**Edit** Spot on by the way

actually undie (as I call him) and I are old frat bros!!! I'm currently 20-0 in our annual monopoly competition! Hotels on the reds work every time, undie has absolutely no answer to it!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 25 Aug - 11:07

I wouldn't build hotels anywhere near where 'Take' hangs out, not with all the power cuts he causes, the rascal

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next