The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer - Can he beat all the top 10 this year?

3 posters

Go down

Federer - Can he beat all the top 10 this year? Empty Federer - Can he beat all the top 10 this year?

Post by sirfredperry Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:53 pm

Fed has beaten every one of the current top 10 this season, save Tsonga - del Potty several times. I know in one of his pomp years that he beat the entire year-end top 10 that season. It's probably a rare occurrence and largely depends just how well the top guys are playing so that you have a chance of meeting them in the first place.
He met Tsonga a lot last season but they are yet to cross swords this year. Not sure just how many players have beaten every other player in the year-end top 10. May be Djoko did it last year and may be Rafa has done it.

Last edited by sirfredperry on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : factual error in original post)

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Federer - Can he beat all the top 10 this year? Empty Re: Federer - Can he beat all the top 10 this year?

Post by The Special Juan Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:31 pm

Do you mean any player that has been in the Top 10 this season, all season, or just the current Top 10?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Federer - Can he beat all the top 10 this year? Empty Re: Federer - Can he beat all the top 10 this year?

Post by sirfredperry Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:43 pm

Well I meant the current top 10 - I think Isner was ranked 11 when Fed beat him but is now 10.
My first posting was wrong, as I misread a walkover for Tsonga as a win for Fed. Sorry about that. It could be Fed's also beaten guys who have been in the top 10 since he beat them but aren't now. I only have a record of the current top 10 and the positions of the players WHEN HE PLAYED THEM.
Fed's win-loss ratio against the top tenners is pretty good this year, having been not so hot in recent times due to a few defeats by Rafa, Djoko and Murray.
Another interesting stat would be to see just who had the best-ever record,win-loss wise, against the rest of the year-end top 10.

Last edited by sirfredperry on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 26 Aug 2012, 7:25 pm

Someone could sneak up to 10 at the end of the season and spoil the record.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down