The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of competition Testing - 2011

+9
azania
J.Benson II
Babario
dummy_half
Mike Selig
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
djlovesyou
The genius of PBF
djkbrown2001
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Out of competition Testing - 2011 - Page 3 Empty Out of competition Testing - 2011

Post by djkbrown2001 Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone know where I can find the stats for out of competition testing 2011?

The 2010 stats makes interesting readings.

comparing how many times the top athletes and not so top athletes from the big nations have been tested makes interesting reading.

See the link at: http://www.iaaf.org/antidoping/statistics/index.html

Richard Pound former WADA official states 'that the Jamaican athletes often cannot be found for testing'

WHAT AN IDIOT.

A simply search of database of the World Anti-Doping Agency which details information of all tests and missed tests does not support Pound’s allegation.

A simply search of the IAAF website shows that Jamaican athletes are tested out of competition more often that athletes from other top countries.

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Out of competition Testing - 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Out of competition Testing - 2011

Post by Babario Sun 23 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

Super D Boon wrote:

With all due respect there was nothing ridiculous about it. The man looks completely different to what he did 4 years ago. He was a slender string of nothing when he was 18 and now not only is he twice the size, his eyes bulge out of his head, his face is puffed out and his trap muscles are abnormally massive. As a regular gym goer (who doesn't use steroids!) I know body builders who all say that he is almost certainly on steroids. Add all this to the fact that he's already failed a drug test (one more than Flo Jo I should add), he brags about how hard he trains (pretty much a dead giveaway) then there's a fair amount of "meaty" circumstatial evidence on him too. The fact he calls himself the "Beast" is almost like he's taunting the anti-dopers!

Flo Jo is the female equivalent of Yohan Blake. Both look/looked like they are chemically enhanced yet only one of them actually failed any drug tests.

While Blake can definitely seen as suspicious, and I really don't blame you for believing that. I think that you are failing a little bit in your arguments. The fact that he wasn't as big at 16 (I'm basing on the pics that you posted on an other thread, as I think you are, where he was 16) than at 22, and that you know unknown body-builders who gave you their own opinion do not prove much.
Blake did not got bigger from 25 to 30, he did from to 16 to 22. You'd know that it is not really difficult from a teen, especially if he has never lift weight before to gain muscular mass. Secondly, I don't know with whom you're comparing him but don't forget that he's a professional athlete who probably lives through sponsorship deals and other things...He does not have to find the time to go to the gym, going there is basically part of his job. His positive resulted from banned a substance contained in, I think , a legal "supplement". There are several athletes in various sports which tested positive from the very same substance (methyl..) over the past years, including a lot of rugby players, all of them blaming some kind of cross-contamination. That's why I think it is not really comparable to "Flo-jo" who was nearly 30 during her big breakthrough and whose body apparently changed "overnight".

Last edited by Babario on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong quote)

Babario

Back to top Go down

Out of competition Testing - 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Out of competition Testing - 2011

Post by Super D Boon Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:24 pm

Yeah well I've seen other pics at him at 18 and he still looks very slender compared to what he's like now. If you look at him you'd think he was naturally heavy set but his photos from his youth prove he wasn't. The fact that facially he seems to have changed as well is the biggest concern for me. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't put muscles on your face I don't think.

I pick on Yohan Blake particulary because he seems the most suspicious out of any of the Jamaicans but I think it's the case with so many top level sprinters from anywhere. Some of the muscle definition on these guys is pretty much impossible without the aid of some sort of chemical help. You could spend your life going back and forth to the gym doing heavy weight training and not get the bodies that these guys are getting.

As for your thing about getting bigger from 25 to 30, I actually think it's probably more likely that sprinters would maybe not necessarily get bigger but get better during that age range. Michael Johnson and Donovan Bailey were not exactly youngsters when they peaked so I think all those years of clean hard work finally pay off, rather than a few years of PED assisted work and you peak in your early twenties. Although you can obviously never be sure they were clean but I think those two athletes are universally accepted as clean.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 23 Sep 2012, 6:33 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Yeah well I've seen other pics at him at 18 and he still looks very slender compared to what he's like now. If you look at him you'd think he was naturally heavy set but his photos from his youth prove he wasn't. The fact that facially he seems to have changed as well is the biggest concern for me. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't put muscles on your face I don't think.

I pick on Yohan Blake particulary because he seems the most suspicious out of any of the Jamaicans but I think it's the case with so many top level sprinters from anywhere. Some of the muscle definition on these guys is pretty much impossible without the aid of some sort of chemical help. You could spend your life going back and forth to the gym doing heavy weight training and not get the bodies that these guys are getting.

As for your thing about getting bigger from 25 to 30, I actually think it's probably more likely that sprinters would maybe not necessarily get bigger but get better during that age range. Michael Johnson and Donovan Bailey were not exactly youngsters when they peaked so I think all those years of clean hard work finally pay off, rather than a few years of PED assisted work and you peak in your early twenties. Although you can obviously never be sure they were clean but I think those two athletes are universally accepted as clean.

actually you can, muscles can be put on the face in the same way as anywhere else (though maybe not to any great extent), by exercising them regularly and strongly. Why a young up-and-coming sprinter would want to waste his time doing facial muscle exercises is anyone's guess though Wink

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:11 pm

Bump.....for the benefit of djlovesyou.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:48 pm

Babario wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:He wasn't caught by his own federation. He was caught by JADCO.
And JADCO is ? the Jamaican anti-doping body ? isn't it ?

djlovesyou wrote:
At the time, it seemed like the head of JADCO was actually very keen on catching and banning Jamaican drug cheats. They tested them, came back positive and within hours these results had been leaked to the press. There was no chance for covering this one up.
That's why they caught Steve Mullings two years later, a 9"80 sprinter (therefore a medal hope) and handed him a life ban for using, not a doping agent but a diuretic (generally used as a masking agent). BTW, you said that the results were leaked to the press(I don't know if it is true ) but it is the case, it shows that covering is not as easy as you believe (whistleblowers are always a problem, ask BALCO cheats...)
djlovesyou wrote:
It's little wonder that the only time they test athletes these days is still at the trials.
And this claim is based on which evidence ?
Having doubts against their athletes is perfectly normal (and there is one in particular that makes me very suspicious). But base your claims on facts, not speculation...

For the benefit of dj. Hope you respond. For crissakes I feel like Jeremy Paxman questioning Howard.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:02 pm

azania wrote:
Babario wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:He wasn't caught by his own federation. He was caught by JADCO.
And JADCO is ? the Jamaican anti-doping body ? isn't it ?

djlovesyou wrote:
At the time, it seemed like the head of JADCO was actually very keen on catching and banning Jamaican drug cheats. They tested them, came back positive and within hours these results had been leaked to the press. There was no chance for covering this one up.
That's why they caught Steve Mullings two years later, a 9"80 sprinter (therefore a medal hope) and handed him a life ban for using, not a doping agent but a diuretic (generally used as a masking agent). BTW, you said that the results were leaked to the press(I don't know if it is true ) but it is the case, it shows that covering is not as easy as you believe (whistleblowers are always a problem, ask BALCO cheats...)
djlovesyou wrote:
It's little wonder that the only time they test athletes these days is still at the trials.
And this claim is based on which evidence ?
Having doubts against their athletes is perfectly normal (and there is one in particular that makes me very suspicious). But base your claims on facts, not speculation...

For the benefit of dj. Hope you respond. For crissakes I feel like Jeremy Paxman questioning Howard.

I had a question on him in my quiz last night. I was well chuffed I got it because none of the others knew it. It did send me off on a slight rant about PED use and how useless testing processes are. No-one really gave a damn though to be honest as they're more into football and cricket. Alas, we only came second so my answer wasn't enough to take the prize! Sad

Anyway, this is not one of you're obsessions about "evidence" again is it Az? You can't take the intellectual high ground and call yourself Paxman. It makes you sound a bit foolish to be honest because your own arguments have as many holes as an old "Stay Alive" board game.

http://www.samstoybox.com/toys/StayAlive.html

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm

I'm just looking for him to respond to the claim that JADCO is not a JA anti doping organisation. An dhis claim that JA are not keen on stopping doping despite catching and banning for life Steve Mullings.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3