The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF - Page 2 Empty The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF

Post by TwisT Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Imagine that FIFA decided that we had to compete as Team GB in the World Cup. I want you to select a Team GB squad, which is a hybrid of World Cup and Olympic requirements.

You will select a 23 man squad to compete for Team GB at Brazil 2014. That team must be made up of U23s at the time of the tournament (U23 = born on or after 1st June 1991), with 3 over-age players allowed.

Your squad must contain a minimum of 3 players from each of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

You will then select a starting XI from that squad, which in turn must include 1 player from each national association.

I want you to report to me your squad, your starting XI and a set of tactics to suit that team. I would also like you to select a manager and assistant.

You should provide details on why you chose those particular overage players, and also why you chose your manager and assistant. Please submit on this page by 3pm on Friday 3rd August

Right team thumbsup

First off I suggest we look at all the players now that are 21 or under now (make sure they are born after June 1st 1991).

Soddy can you take Northern Ireland please
Viva can you take Wales please
And I will do Scotland
England I think we should do all together as they will probably make up the bulk of our squad OK

Can you come up with 10 best per country and list their names and positions here (should give us a good mixture then to choose people based upon positions). I want to whittle it down to a 20 man squad by tomorrow night.

We only have to pick the top 3 from Scotland/N.Ireland/Wales but if we can get in more then it would be a bonus.

Then Wednesday we decide on our over age players. I want to choose these players based upon the positions we need improving in our first team. Then we can decide on our first 11.

Thursday is when we pick our manager and assistant, as well as the tactics we will be using. thumbsup

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF

Post by sodhat Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:I genuinely thought I had lost a day.

And no, not really. Earlier doesn't always mean better if you could have spent the additional time wisely

Oh right, I thought you were saying we'd be in trouble if we put it in earlier!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:50 pm

I don't mind if we put it up today. If anything it'll put pressure on the oppostion they'll know their task can't look same as ours.

So its all done then? Players DOB have been checked? Nationality and the right amount of players.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:53 pm

Put it up now then?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:I don't mind if we put it up today. If anything it'll put pressure on the oppostion they'll know their task can't look same as ours.

So its all done then? Players DOB have been checked? Nationality and the right amount of players.

Yeah, Sod was in charge of that and he found one player wrong, which has been corrected.

Ready to go?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

Yeah you might aswell put it up.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:02 pm

Stick it up mate, can't see how it could be improved

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:06 pm

I'm interested to read this. I hope there aren't any mistakes Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:09 pm

Go Team WTF. The Apprentice - Task 4 - Team WTF - Page 2 3559488474

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:12 pm

Up thumbsup

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2