The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocky Fielding Signs With Frank Warren

4 posters

Go down

Rocky Fielding Signs With Frank Warren Empty Rocky Fielding Signs With Frank Warren

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:44 pm

Undefeated super-middleweight Rocky Fielding has signed an exclusive 6-fight a year contract with Frank Warren’s Sports Network. Warren already has big name fighters like Nathan Cleverly, Frankie Gavin, Dereck Chisora and James DeGale in his ranks and will hope to make the likeable Scouser a household name like the others.

Fielding, 23, was an unknown before the tournament on March 23rd at the Olympia in Liverpool, coming in at five days notice to knockout all three of his opponents, claiming the £32,000 cheque in impressive style. His record doubled from 3-0 with zero KO’s to a much more eye-catching 6-0 with three KO’s prompting Warren to headhunt the Liverpudlian.

The 168lb Prizefighter winner spoke to WBN recently declaring his desire to put any challenge for titles out of his mind for a while and not jump into a title shot straight away as some previous winners of the eight-man tournament have done. Fielding intends on biding his time and gathering as much experience as possible and has chosen wisely in signing with Warren.

“I am really buzzing, can’t wait to get started with Frank. I am really happy and just want to get in that ring and fight again,”.

With James DeGale and George Groves competing for the British and Commonwealth titles in May, Fielding knows that he has time on his side to get the necessary wins under his belt to be able to challenge the titleholders in the future.
------------------------------------

He told me that Warren said he was looking to get DeGale a world title shot within 18 months and he wants to him to build up slowly then start picking up the pieces (i.e. his titles)

And also he's putting a show on at the Echo Area soon with with other hometown fighters.

What dyer think of his chances?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Rocky Fielding Signs With Frank Warren Empty Re: Rocky Fielding Signs With Frank Warren

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:47 pm

That's a good move for Fielding. Will get good exposure especially if Warren gets him on the undercard of Cleverly or DeGold fights. I've heard he will be doing another packed card later this year with all his best talents would be good to see Rocky on that.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Rocky Fielding Signs With Frank Warren Empty Re: Rocky Fielding Signs With Frank Warren

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

Was only going to be a matter of time before Warren snapped Fielding up after such an impressive Prize Fighter performance. He's clearly a talent, has the potential to be a good European-level fighter (and who knows where from there?) and, crucially, Warren's stable size means that he can gradually learn his trade on some good undercards.

Another brick in Warren's wall of dominance, a smart move for Fielding, everyone's a winner. For now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

Soldier you know Rocky don't you?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Soldier you know Rocky don't you?

Yer he's my cousin.

Knew he could win Prizefighter, think everything was set up for him. Not in the limelight as he was a late replacement so little pressure, was the underdog and with only a 3-0 (0) people automatically think he's got no power and he had the top half of the draw. Seen him box a few times and knew he had power + he is very heavy handed.

We were all laughin that the bookies had Dilks as fav.I had £10 @ 9/1 and few of me mates had a couple of quid on him aswell.

Think signing with Warren is fanastic + he going to be earning a couple of ££££ aswell.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:16 pm

Very good for Fielding. Put in a cracking performance on PF. Couldnt get a better promoter at this stage of his career.

John Conteh picked him very early on in the tournament. He looks very promising.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Apr 2011, 12:39 am

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:Soldier you know Rocky don't you?

Yer he's my cousin.

Knew he could win Prizefighter, think everything was set up for him. Not in the limelight as he was a late replacement so little pressure, was the underdog and with only a 3-0 (0) people automatically think he's got no power and he had the top half of the draw. Seen him box a few times and knew he had power + he is very heavy handed.

We were all laughin that the bookies had Dilks as fav.I had £10 @ 9/1 and few of me mates had a couple of quid on him aswell.

Think signing with Warren is fanastic + he going to be earning a couple of ££££ aswell.

Just wondering if Warren will be able to pull some strings and get him some sparring against DeGale and Cleverly. Was very impressed with him in PF he cruised it. Good he earned you a few quid I've only got wee cousins and their always tapping me up. furious
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down