The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take it with a pinch of salt................But

+11
Kay Fabe
MIG
MtotheC
ncfc_Tooze
dreilly
Buzzman
Crimey
theundisputedY2D2
HitmanOwl
Liam
bretmeharty
15 posters

Go down

Take it with a pinch of salt................But Empty Take it with a pinch of salt................But

Post by bretmeharty Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:15 pm

"The latest directive from WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Triple H, is for title reigns to last longer to build up the significance of the championships. Both WWE Champion CM Punk and World Heavyweight champion Sheamus retained their respective titles at Money in the Bank and are expected to hold on to them for the foreseeable future".

WWE never seem to know what they are going to do from one show to the next as they dont appear to ever have any beginning middle or end. So we're see if it holds true and stands the test of time against the Cena challange.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Take it with a pinch of salt................But Empty Re: Take it with a pinch of salt................But

Post by bretmeharty Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

Former creative writer Court Bauer
"If they (WWE) are really paying Brock Lesnar five million dollars for 20-25 dates and they brought in Paul Heyman for dollar X for X amount of dates. Do you believe that's helping the company's future by having Triple H beat him or lose to him when there's so many, so many young talent that could use that TV exposure, could use that win if they are going to beat Brock Lesnar or even losing to Brock Lesnar look better? Triple H is not even a part-time wrestler at this point. So you really have to question the decision making going on there."

He has a very good point doesnt he?

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Take it with a pinch of salt................But Empty Re: Take it with a pinch of salt................But

Post by Liam Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:41 pm

I agree, i'm sure its all for rating obviously. I mean Triple H vs Brock Lesnar back in 2003 would have been mouth watering, so clearly creative still think it is. However, with Triple H and Lesnar not wrestling full time, it isn't as much of a draw, personally anyway but I'm sure soon as it starts I'll be well into it.

Who could you have Lesnar go up against to put them over. Ziggler? he would sell being killed but he's not at that stage to challenge a name like Lesnar. Punk? maybe.

Nice to see more emphasis being put on the titles. I'm not going to feel sorry for Cena in the slightest because I genuinely wish he had never entered a wrestling ring, held so many people back and its only taken 7 years for them to realise that there is serious talent that is there at their disposal who can make the company what it used to be.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:44 pm

If they want to build the significance then drop one of the titles, it isn't difficult. They had ADR v Sheamus for the title at PPV and I don't find either of them good enough to be around a main event title

also if they want to bring prestige back to the title stop making it play second fiddle to John Superman Cena. Your title should be the main point of your PPV yet we had a divas tag match and a 2 on 1 handicap match after the WWE title at mitb and then yet another match with Cena headlining

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:41 am

Cena is bigger than the wwe,simple as that Sad

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:53 am

I can see why they're going with Lesnar / Triple H because with Brock's limited schedule they'll want to get as many marquee matches as possible. They signed Lesnar in the hope of getting some of his UFC fans to tune in to see what he's up to and unfortunately I can't see many of them sticking around to watch Brock putting over someone like Dolph Ziggler.

WWE will be looking to make as much money as possible from Lesnar's appearances, hence matches with Cena, Triple H and most likely the Undertaker. It sucks that he can't be used to put over some younger talent, or to really cement CM Punk, but WWE won't be looking longer term.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:55 am

It shows the mindset of the WWE that they believe the way to give significance to the world titles is just have somebody hold onto it for a long time. If they do that, but continue to bury it behind John Cena, have CM Punk booked fairly weakly, not have it as the main focus then its meaningless. In fact it just makes the title look weaker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:41 am

Hopefully this means Punk retains against Cena at the 1000th Raw show. Power to the title!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by dreilly Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:13 pm

I'm convinced Cena is going to beat Punk this week and go on a long run as Champion. Do you really believe WWE will allow Cena to be the first person to cash in MITB and lose? I can't see it myself

dreilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:45 pm

Is punk up to a year yet?
I dont think he lost the belt since last years MITB so if he isn't yet he must be close

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Is punk up to a year yet?
I dont think he lost the belt since last years MITB so if he isn't yet he must be close

he lost the title at summerslam to ADR who cashed in his MITB and then regained the title later on, i beleive he's at 8 months now

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:49 pm

oh yeah i forgot about Del Rio's mini reign in there

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:11 pm

bretmeharty wrote:"The latest directive from WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Triple H, is for title reigns to last longer to build up the significance of the championships. Both WWE Champion CM Punk and World Heavyweight champion Sheamus retained their respective titles at Money in the Bank and are expected to hold on to them for the foreseeable future".

WWE never seem to know what they are going to do from one show to the next as they dont appear to ever have any beginning middle or end. So we're see if it holds true and stands the test of time against the Cena challange.

Imo the wwe title has become what the old ic title was back in the day, the whc has become and the european title and main acolade is now whatever match the undertaker, cena, hhh, the rock or lesner is doing- That is new real main event and PPV's since WM have proved that theory.

If wwe want real significance then they need to start booking their champions and the belts in the correct way- as the most important thing going.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:36 pm

Maybe they have done this all on purpose? Maybe they've kept Punk as second fiddle to Cena to show Cena is the man, then when they face each other at Raw1000, Punk goes over Cena clean and the torch is passed?

Long shot I know.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:54 pm

Punk won two huge PPV World Title matches against Cena last year so I wouldn't read to much into Cena beating him this time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Punk won two huge PPV World Title matches against Cena last year so I wouldn't read to much into Cena beating him this time

However both were screwy finishes, jonny ace/vince at MITB getting involved then HHH counting the three at sumerslam despite cena being under the ropes.

A clean win for punk could push him and the wwe title to the level it needs to be at, but that would still depend of the booking after that win.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

Word is that it's going to be Punk and Cena for the WWE title at Summerslam.

So either Cena wins and Punk invokes his rematch clause or else Punk wins with some kind of screwy finish that would allow Cena another crack at the belt.....sorry championship Smile

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

I can see The Rock interfering somehow.

Either way i dont think the title will change hands, Cena to win via DQ or something.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

You can say the MitB finish was screwy but it's as clean as you'll get over Cena, I didn't think it was screwy, it actually played right into Cena's character

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:15 pm

I acctually think Cena deserves the belt back personally. Hasnt been involved in the title picture since Vengance last October. Lost to the rock at mania. Theres only so much time Cena cant be involved in the title picture.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:I acctually think Cena deserves the belt back personally. Hasnt been involved in the title picture since Vengance last October. Lost to the rock at mania. Theres only so much time Cena cant be involved in the title picture.

Since wrestlemainia he's defeated Brock, big show and won MITB at PPV main events so on that logic it's about time for another cena title run, I wouldn't go as far to say he deserves it as I think he's already had more than he deserves throughout the last 5 years but at least a cena title regin would take the strap back in the main event, which IMO is a sorry state of affairs if that's what it takes to make the title important again.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

If I had it my way Cena wouldn't get the title at all. He had it for basically 6 years that's long enough, to me if they take the title off Punk at what is just Raw even though its the 1000th I won't be happy.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:26 pm

Punk has had the belt since Survivor Series

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:31 pm

And has only main evented one PPV. Which was TLC. Cena didn't have a match that night and since then he has main evented every PPV apart from The Royal Rumble with none of them being for the title.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:48 pm

It saddens me to think that in this current day in age, the WWE title NEEDS Cena just so it can be the Marquee event.

WWE is a total mess right now.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down