The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aint no stopping us now !

+11
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Fists of Fury
TopHat24/7
Rodney
smashingstormcrow
KingMonkey
Super D Boon
mobilemaster8
azania
TRUSSMAN66
rycoys
15 posters

Go down

aint no stopping us now ! Empty aint no stopping us now !

Post by rycoys Wed 18 Jul 2012, 9:41 pm

watched the fight alot now and have to say haye was fantastic a boxing masterclass , take nothing away from delboy the result was due to haye being class not del having a bad night he did everything he could , the tatic of haye walking del to the ropes was a massive supprise to me , 1st he was able to do it and 2 nd he attempted to do it , just shows the heart and determanation of the guy ! but eventually it was his hand speed that ended it , sheer class performence and boente s reation shows how much it affected team vit ! vitali has nowhere to hide ! aint no stopping us now !!!!!!!, bring on vit boxing ! and glad to see haye and del made friends Hug

rycoys

Back to top Go down

aint no stopping us now ! Empty Re: aint no stopping us now !

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 9:52 pm

Wum attempt...

fail..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jul 2012, 9:53 pm

Badly

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:18 pm

why is that a wum post ? a bit over the top maybe but the points i make about the fight a serious ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:23 pm

You can make them on other threads going on.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

ok ! so your not going to reply to my views on the fight so i have to go to other threads ?! bit strange as i thought this was a place for boxing fans !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:30 pm

It is. Just not a place for spamming or multiple threads on the same thing. Unless that is, you have a unique take on the fight and event.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:45 pm

azania wrote:It is. Just not a place for spamming or multiple threads on the same thing. Unless that is, you have a unique take on the fight and event.
it was a unique take on the fight thats my opinion on the fight and i think i made some valid points? for others to comment and discuss , a bit light harted yes but valid points , so much rubbish gets wrote on here but i read everything open minded , did nt think my post would get such a dull reaction from such dull people ! anyway aint no stopping now !!!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:47 pm

rycoys wrote:
azania wrote:It is. Just not a place for spamming or multiple threads on the same thing. Unless that is, you have a unique take on the fight and event.
it was a unique take on the fight thats my opinion on the fight and i think i made some valid points? for others to comment and discuss , a bit light harted yes but valid points , so much rubbish gets wrote on here but i read everything open minded , did nt think my post would get such a dull reaction from such dull people ! anyway aint no stopping now !!!

In many ways your post is correct, however, in my eyes, had the fight gone any longer than the 6-7th round, i had Chisora stopping Haye.

Haye was blowing fairly hard when the KO came and Del Boys inexperience showed by trying a "Khan" technique of trying to throw bombs as opposed to going into Survival mode for the last 30 seconds of the round.

Had he done so, i think Haye could have been put away late on.

Saying that, a win is a win, and he did it better than Vitali so now the giant Ukranian has nowhere else to turn.

I still see Haye being over-powered against him, and stopped late on, or a landslide points loss.

Vitali is A LOT more aggressive than Wladamir and will chase Haye all night with a peircing jab and right hand.

He will get tagged by Haye, but we have seen his chin tested against the very best in Lennox Lewis.

Should be interesting though, and again, will generate A LOT of interest. Me being one of them.

Last edited by mobilemaster8 on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong name!)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

Haye will KO him. A year ago I said Haye on points. Deffo a KO now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

Vitali makes Chisora look like speedy Gonzales.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:22 am

"Aint no stoppin us now" is a crud song and another reason to dislike Haye (the list is huge!)

Anyway, I find myself unfortunately agreeing with the 100 year old! (By the way Az, did you get the telegram off the queen? What does it look like?) I think Vitali looked poor in his showing against Chisora and Haye could well get to him now where he wouldn't have stood a hope 5 or 6 years ago. I hope Vitali wins his election so it won't happen. Would love to see Vit knock him out but boy did he look old in his last fight!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:56 am

All this guessing about Haye gassing toward the end is nothing more than that; guess work. Haye has always looked spent between rounds, gasping for air with his mouth open but 12 rounds of moving against Valuev and Vitali (granted, not exactly throwing a lot of punches) proves to me his stamina is ok.

The Chisora fight was at a very fast pace and Haye looked every bit as sharp in the 5th as he did in the first to me, boxing wise at least. But that's all that should count. Nothing there told me he was going to gas inside 10.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

KingMonkey wrote:12 rounds of moving against Valuev and Vitali (granted, not exactly throwing a lot of punches) proves to me his stamina is ok

Don't really agree with that point. Anyone with a reasonable level of fitness could jog and skip around a ring for 12x3 minutes without too much trouble. Throwing punches is what tests the stamina.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:43 am

azania wrote:Haye will KO him. A year ago I said Haye on points. Deffo a KO now.

Haye can't slip a jab and effectively plant his feet to launch his power, against guys who are not running at him, I can't fathom how Haye KO's either brother unless he goes gung ho and gets lucky, he just doesn't have the fundamentals do it.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:49 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:
rycoys wrote:

Vitali is A LOT more aggressive than Wladamir and will chase Haye all night with a peircing jab and right hand.

I don't think Vit's jab has been 'piercing' for a while now, slightly stiffer than 'pawing' but that's about it. It's not the fast pistion of Wlad's and I see Haye having no problem telegraphing it all night long.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:06 am

Fact is for me that the Klits are plodders...

One has a chin and the other a punch...and they have height and reach...

Whilst they will finish higher than the 80's crop.....

Certainly think Witherspoon in shape would be too smart and the speed of guys like an in shape Page and Tubbs would give them nightmares...

Obviously Holy's triple jab.. and Tyson's speed and power is too much!!

Bowe and Lewis win also...

Foreman only needs to land once on Wlad and would bust Vitali's face up...

considering a slow Lewis gave Vitali nightmares...have to think Foreman lands enough to bust him up also!!

80's/90's Foreman is pickem for me!!

Kind of puts things in perspective!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

The infamous Holyfield triple jab, haven't heard that for a while Trussy!

I think you have a point to an extent, though I'd back the Klits to ultimately beat Witherspoon, Page and Tubbs. Think you're right on the others.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:20 am

Very harsh to say one has a chin and the other a punch Wladimir is technically superb. Defensively he is solid and his movement for a man his size is outrageous. I'm not convinced he is chinny either.

Whilst I would never say he has an iron chin like his brother I think the way he used to react to being hit was more of a problem than his chin. He used to be wide open and have an amateur mentality of when he got hit acting like he had to score a point back.

I would back only 5 heavyweights to beat either brother and that would be Ali, Louis, Johnson, Holmes and Lewis and I consider them to be the 5 greatest of all time so I rate them pretty highly. Wladimir more than Vitali.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

Wasn't superb against Sanders....

Look whilst I respect your opinion as always....Sanders was more aerobic than most of the slobs Wlad has faced.....

Those 80's guys I mentioned WERE technically efficient..

Wlad is the best of a crud bunch...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:13 am

He's a much better fighter now than he was against Sanders and Brewster. His defence is a lot tighter he moves a lot better due to the fact he is in a lot better shape then he was then. He wasn't in poor shape but now he is a superb athlete. Emmanuel Steward made a huge difference to him.

I'm by no means knocking the 80's guys they were very well schooled fighters but I do think Wlad has the physical advantages along with the technique and brains to beat all but a few. I wouldn't put him in my top 10 because his record by know fault of his own lacks the wins deserving of a top 10 spot but on a head to head basis he would be a real handful for anyone.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:43 pm

Wlad to me is completely one dimensional......

Brains???

He's bullied most of his opponents including Haye etc...

I honestly don't see him lasting two rounds against 87 Iron Mike he's so slow..

The speed would kill him..

I'll stick to my original assessment..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:20 pm

Wladimir is certainly not slow, of the super heavys i think he is the quickest there's been.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

Bowe, Lewis, Louis, Ali, Holyfield, Holmes, foreman, Tyson, Frazier and Liston all rip wlad a new one, he just doesn't match up ability wise. Lacks the chin and variety to really worry them.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:36 pm

I think he is more talented than all of them except Ali, Bowe possibly Louis and Lewis. His chin is his major stumbling block but it's more that he doesn't know what to do when caught flush rather than not having good whiskers.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

Would love to see Wlad v Louis. Louis was wonderful and slipping the jab, getting inside to let off a punch and getting out of harm's way - perfect antidote to Wlad's jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-jab-right cross-jab style.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:41 pm

I think that Wladimir's cautious nature gets mistaken badly for a lack of ability - sorry, but the idea that he's technically lacking is ridiculous.

Find me another 245 lb Heavyweight with better hand speed, and maybe I'll yield in my belief that he's a lot better than people give him credit for - but I don't see many examples.

Criticised for having no chin early on in his career, and now criticised for having the sheer temerity and defensive skills to protect it, because heaven forbid a fighter plays to his strengths to win fights and titles.

A good amount of Heavyweight champions who I'd pick to beat him head to head, please don't get me wrong. I have no desire to paint Wladimir as the modern equivolent of Ali. But the idea that he'd get blown away by all consensus 'greats' of the Heavyweight division is nonsense as far as I'm concerned.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

Spoiler:

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down